Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manny's Last Time Robbing His Fans Blind?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Mafiajoey
I mean was there any reason to spend money to watch him fight a catch weight Cotto, Margo and Old man Mosley? So again he fights someone JMM a few years past due. This fight has no relevance... After he wins within 3-6 rounds easy will the Pactards and fans in general be sick of buying these B.S. fights of his? It's like paying for WWE Wrestling.. seriously it's another B.S. fight.... But HBO, Arum and Roach have the "CASUAL" fan buying the hype... who even cares.. ? So is this the end to the B.S.? Will the boxing fan finally be done with this tired a$$ Pac's opponents? I sure am...
mgrover
look i get it i really do you hate the guy, go post it in one of the hate threads already created.
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 30 2011, 06:24 AM) *
I mean was there any reason to spend money to watch him fight a catch weight Cotto, Margo and Old man Mosley? So again he fights someone JMM a few years past due. This fight has no relevance... After he wins within 3-6 rounds easy will the Pactards and fans in general be sick of buying these B.S. fights of his? It's like paying for WWE Wrestling.. seriously it's another B.S. fight.... But HBO, Arum and Roach have the "CASUAL" fan buying the hype... who even cares.. ? So is this the end to the B.S.? Will the boxing fan finally be done with this tired a$$ Pac's opponents? I sure am...

Well, we'll just have to see what the numbers say. People are questioning the numbers from Floyd's fight. I still have no idea how many buys the showtime ppv generated. I don't think they broke the 1 million mark. A lot of people knew that Shane Mosley was finished so I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers reflect that theory. Manny Pacquiao as a person is very easy to like. Manny Pacquiao as a fighter, leaves much to be desired. Floyd Mayweather is not easy to like. He can grow on you like a wart. As a fighter, I have no complaints about what he's doing. Mosley was having a hard time finding a fight after he destroyed Margarito. Berto stepped up but had to pull out (which I think hurt him a lot). Manny's trainer wanted Shane to make 142 or 143. Floyd Mayweather fresh out of a dance partner, stepped up to the plate. Everyone was saying that he was the most dangerous opponent for Floyd to date. After he beat him, Shane was old. Most of the people that watched Mayweather-Mosley probably would not have purchased Pacquiao-Mosley. We all knew that Shane Mosley was finished. Shane's fight with Floyd should have been his last one. This upcoming fight is 2.75 years overdue. The interest has faded out. It seems to me that the Pacquiao camp does the opposite of what the fans want. If the fans want a fight with Juan Manuel Marquez, then we are going to make sure that we don't fight him until the fans are on to the next one. The fans wanted Manny and Shane to lock up, when they were ready to forget about that fight altogether, then they decide that the time was right. Freddie Roach goes after fighters who've had 2 consecutive fights where they haven't looked good. Manny Pacquiao could be doing a lot more to be considered a legit P4P king. Just because you are the most admired in the sport, doesn't mean that you are the best fighter.
Mafiajoey
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 30 2011, 04:27 AM) *
look i get it i really do you hate the guy, go post it in one of the hate threads already created.

Sorry Mr. Pac... not a hate thread. I've paid lot's of money to see you fight over the decades... I'm questioning the advantage you take of fans... if you would like to back out of the fight we could just mail our $65 to you directly,... or VisionQuest.. or Ferrari...
Jack 1000
I give this advice to many people. If you are not happy with the quality of PPV main events, don't buy the PPV. Wait a week, and the night of the fight, you can view the round by round results and decide for yourself if the fight is something that you want to see on replay, or not. That way, you only watch what you want to see, and you don't have to risk $60-$70, which is very expensive in today's economy.

Jack
mgrover
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 30 2011, 01:25 PM) *
Sorry Mr. Pac... not a hate thread. I've paid lot's of money to see you fight over the decades... I'm questioning the advantage you take of fans... if you would like to back out of the fight we could just mail our $65 to you directly,... or VisionQuest.. or Ferrari...

yes but the amount of shit that has been posted lately has looked like shit and is shit, like i said plenty of other threads to post it in. i dont really care if you wana hate on the guy or not its not really my problem, but its really a piss take to see constant and utter shite all over the forums like an idiot that shits all over a toilet seat.
Cshel86
For the life of me, I still dont understand why folks cry about the bad fights being made, but they ALWAYS seem to find a way to hit the "buy" button or make that call to order the fight, lol. Either way it goes, you're still gonna watch it, read up on it, "happen to be at your homeboy's house", "end up at a local bar", or whatever.
Mafiajoey
Hey Mr. Cschel86 go ahead and close another thread or ban me... but you know what I'm talking about... Damn FightHype Moderators acting like they are neutral... Cant wait til reveal myself and have your Moderator title taken...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 31 2011, 01:46 AM) *
Hey Mr. Cschel86 go ahead and close another thread or ban me... but you know what I'm talking about... Damn FightHype Moderators acting like they are neutral... Cant wait til reveal myself and have your Moderator title taken...

Is it that serious man? All Im saying is that, Im pretty sure you'll watch the fight, regardless.
KookedKrack
This site has gone to shit.
Bropho
QUOTE (Mafiajoey @ Oct 31 2011, 01:46 AM) *

i think i know who you are, you are from that Ivy League right? Do you know that Finito Dynamite guy?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Bropho @ Oct 31 2011, 11:31 AM) *
i think i know who you are, you are from that Ivy League right? Do you know that Finito Dynamite guy?

Hmmm...good point!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.