Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Angulo vs. Kirkland-Preview and Poll
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Can anyone think of a better, more explosive fight than these two bangers who will meet in Mexico next weekend on HBO!? Does this really come down to who lands first, because the other one may not recover? I just hope we don't get a too quick stoppage! Vote in the poll and comment!
Jack 1000
My pick is Angulo by KO in 4 after getting stunned himself early. This fight really is a 50/50, and could come down to who lands first. It is unlikely to see a 5th round and that is a kind estimate. The bi-line for this match should read, "Don't Blink!"

Jack
Praximo
Angulo by 3rd round KO. I feel that Angulo has more power than Kirkland and a better chin as well, therefore, I don't see Kirkland walking down Angulo at all so he better jab and clinge like Cintron did, but then again Cintron had the height and reach advantage to escape from Angulo.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I can't even call it. I'm hoping for a brutal fight. These guys have been on a collision course for a while now. May the best fighter win in that night.
Cshel86
Both of these guys have somewhat of a sloppy style, but Angulo's is a bit more consistent...so I give it to Angulo. Im comparing both of their performances against Joel Julio, and Angulo looked better, though Kirkland got him outta there earlier. Julio gave both of them all he had left, and Kirkland didn't look that great...he was rocked serveral times for coming in head first and failing to keep his hand up throughout the fight, though he didn't look hurt. Angulo on the other hand, worked behind his decent jab and utilized his defense by keeping his hands up and not taking unnecessary punches.

I believe that Angulo made better adjustments after his loss, because he got outboxed and outgunned, which Im sure has helped him tighten his technique after watching the tape. Kirkland on the other hand, was exposed BIG TIME for of course coming in head first and failing to utilize his defense (or lack there of), then he got knocked out by a feather-fisted fighter, who really wasn't supposed to win...especially by TKO. So yes, Kirkland is that much more vulnerable because of the knockout to a guy with no power, and he has to prove that his technique is up to par.

If Angulo can avoid or take some of Kirkland's shots, then he has the ability to go the distance, but I have him winning it by TKO under 7 rounds.
BigDDatHomey
Angulo is tough and is going to keep coming, working hard all night. I see it for Angulo but anything can happen in boxing.
checkleft
I picked angulo by ko, I feel the way to beat angulo is to outbox him. He is better technically and I think kirkland.is wide open for shots and can't take them as well as angulo
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *
If Angulo can avoid or take some of Kirkland's shots, then he has the ability to go the distance, but I have him winning it by TKO under 7 rounds.

agreed...

but i dont see him holding up to the power...

hellova scrap though.. cant wait
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Oct 31 2011, 01:26 AM) *
agreed...

but i dont see him holding up to the power...

hellova scrap though.. cant wait

Yeah man! I almost didn't know who to pick, but like I said, both of them have somewhat sloppy styles, has KO power, and doesn't take a punch as good...so that makes for a toss up, a great one! I just Angulo based off both of their performances to Julio. Angulo lost a pretty good fight to Cintron, though he got outgunned most of the fight...but Kirkland lost a devastating fight thats always gonna leave him with a question mark by his name.

The sad part is, if he comes back and beats Ishida to a bloody pulp, it wont prove anything at all, thats what made that loss so devastating. As bad as Cintron looks nowadays, Angulo could still come back and beat him and get some sort of credit for it...being the fact that Cintron is still considered a top contender for a title, lol.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Oct 30 2011, 06:03 PM) *
Can anyone think of a better, more explosive fight than these two bangers who will meet in Mexico next weekend on HBO!? Does this really come down to who lands first, because the other one may not recover? I just hope we don't get a too quick stoppage! Vote in the poll and comment!

I'm going to have to go with the consensus and say Angulo, but if not for me being such a sheep, I'd say that it's 50/50. The addition of Peter Quillin vs. Craig McEwan makes a good card even more interesting.
The Original MrFactor
Both of these guys have shown some major vulnerabilities. Both guys will stand and trade. Both guys aint afraid of getting hit. I think that the first dude to land something big wins... If it comes to a grind em down fight, then I think the intangibles favor Angulo. This is anybody's fight though.
Cshel86
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Oct 31 2011, 01:55 PM) *
Both of these guys have shown some major vulnerabilities. Both guys will stand and trade. Both guys aint afraid of getting hit. I think that the first dude to land something big wins... If it comes to a grind em down fight, then I think the intangibles favor Angulo. This is anybody's fight though.

+1
BoxingStill#1
I love the fact we finally have a pick'em fight!

One thing is for damn sure,.. this fight is going to end in a knockout..

Big ups to Kirkland for making the trip down since Angulo cant get his shit together
checkleft
^^ didn't even think of that gutsy move. And I completely forgot quillin was on the card, good night of boxing.
Cshel86
Sig bet anyone? dntknw.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Sig bet anyone? dntknw.gif

I just watched the Angulo vs Julio and Kirkland vs Julio. I think this is Kirklands fight to lose. Angulo isn't that good and and he leans straight back. Kirkland has alot of holes in his D but I really believe his mauling style will be bad news for Angulo. Alfredo's feet are slow and his punches aren't straight enough imo. It's a hard fight to pick but I'm going with Kirkland.

Sig me up shelly
Cshel86
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 3 2011, 04:18 PM) *
I just watched the Angulo vs Julio and Kirkland vs Julio. I think this is Kirklands fight to lose. Angulo isn't that good and and he leans straight back. Kirkland has alot of holes in his D but I really believe his mauling style will be bad news for Angulo. Alfredo's feet are slow and his punches aren't straight enough imo. It's a hard fight to pick but I'm going with Kirkland.

Sig me up shelly

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 30 2011, 08:16 PM) *
Both of these guys have somewhat of a sloppy style, but Angulo's is a bit more consistent...so I give it to Angulo. Im comparing both of their performances against Joel Julio, and Angulo looked better, though Kirkland got him outta there earlier. Julio gave both of them all he had left, and Kirkland didn't look that great...he was rocked serveral times for coming in head first and failing to keep his hand up throughout the fight, though he didn't look hurt. Angulo on the other hand, worked behind his decent jab and utilized his defense by keeping his hands up and not taking unnecessary punches.

I believe that Angulo made better adjustments after his loss, because he got outboxed and outgunned, which Im sure has helped him tighten his technique after watching the tape. Kirkland on the other hand, was exposed BIG TIME for of course coming in head first and failing to utilize his defense (or lack there of), then he got knocked out by a feather-fisted fighter, who really wasn't supposed to win...especially by TKO. So yes, Kirkland is that much more vulnerable because of the knockout to a guy with no power, and he has to prove that his technique is up to par.

You got yourself a bet sir! Sigh...what have I got myself into? laugh.gif
EAlbian
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 03:49 PM) *

You got yourself a bet sir! Sigh...what have I got myself into? laugh.gif

I gotta disagree, Kirkland was much more impressive in the Julio fight except for the final right hand. He kept the pressure on and never allowed Julio into the fight. Angulo lost 3 of the first 4 rounds to Julio and was being out quicked by a relatively slow fighter. Kirkland is sloppy but his pressure is very effective and he's able to box going backwards as well as i believe he's the better athlete. If you followed James as an Amateur he was actually a pretty good boxer. Angulo cant fight going backwards and leans back behind his high guard when pressure is applied, not good against a good body puncher like Kirkland. Angulo also has the tendency to throw very wide when he's getting touched, Kirkland is a whirlwind and i think its actually what he prefers to be in that type of fight. I can come up with a million scenarios where either fighter wins but somethings telling me Angulo is on the wrong side of this fight. Maybe it's just because i hate his stupid face and boys town dog collar. Idk if this is going to be the fight people are expecting and i think we may see some boxing from the mandingo warrior haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.