Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: After the JMM and Pac
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
What will happen? I am curious if he has already signed on to fight Tim Bradley. Pac's future is set but what happens to Marquez? Can he get another big money fight or will he go softly into the night? JMM is a good guy, seems very down to earth, I hope he does well.
Another thing, how long can Freddy Roach last? His Parkinson's seem to be catching up to him is retire on the horizon for him? Nacho has SWAGGER!!!
Cshel86
Pac's future is in the hands of Arum, until his contract is up, so who knows. Arum's had Pac's fights set up before he even faces his upcoming opponents, its been done a few times and frequently as of late. JMM has a few good fights left in him (hopefully), but I dont htink they will be big PPV events...depends on what his promoter and the opposing promoter makes of it.

At lightweight, there's very few opponents left for JMM, and I can only speak of Linares and DeMarco, but who knows. He can make some things happen at 140 though, depends on how he holds up during and after this Pac fight. Fighting Pac puts miles on fighters, but also gives them the confidence to fight on...knowing that Pac is monster and thats as bad as it gets. He can whip up something with Judah possibly, or fight Guerrero, Morales, or Bradley (possibly).

I guess JMM's future will heavily rely on the results of next weekend's bout...due to his age and wear and tear (scar tissue). Im sure every other fight he has afterwardss, will consist of fighters with "names", all in an attempt to cash in before he hangs 'em up.
HazConvictedFelonMane
We'll see if Bob Arum really believes that his fighter has Floyd afraid of his right hand (JOKE) and if he's willing to lay it all on the line and try to KO Floyd inside of 4 rounds. We'll see what happens. Floyd seems to know when to shut up. Unlike Bob Arum and the Pacquiao guys. This time around, when they get to talking that bullshit, Floyd needs to speak up for himself. Otherwise the rumbles of him being afraid of Pacquiao are just going to get louder. On Pacquiao's side, he needs to step up and decline any other fight besides the fight everyone wants. He needs to stick to his guns and accept no other opponent. If his trainer, his advisor, and his promoter want him to face someone else, he has to be his own man and remain steadfast. That is if he really wants the fight. Floyd has to be more vocal and pull some cards if he wants to show the world that he is not ducking the Pac Man. Manny needs to put pen to paper about the random drug tests and slow down long enough for the talks to resume. They can have a backup plan just like they did when he decided to fight Clottey. Rushing into your next fight gives the appearence that you are not interested in fighting Floyd. What happens after JMM-Pac? We'll have to see what happens on that night first. Then we have to see how fast they have an opponent lined up for Pacquiao. If they have an opponent lined up, like they had Marquez lined up before Pac even took one swing at Mosley, then that is clear proof through actions, that they are not interested. Just agree to take the tests, actually follow through, and let's get this on. I have complete confidence in Mayweather's ability and I know that Manny Pacquiao will lose. I think they know that as well. Floyd's been in the ring with fighters that have the capacity to beat him. They were just unable to complete the task. Manny's been in the ring with fighters who have no chance to beat him. This fight with Marquez is the 1st fight that he's been involved in with a fighter who actually has a chance to win. With JMM's new former PED dealing S&C coach on tap, those chances may have increased. Boxing is fucked up when a fighter has to fight fire with fire because one guy doesn't want to prove he's not on drugs. Manny's had plenty of time to straighten this mess out. He didn't want the tests for the fight with Floyd. He still could've became a part of the movement and asked for testing just to show the world that he is 100% on the up and up. That would've helped. What fighter doesn't want to help the sport that made him a global icon? He owes his whole life to the sport of boxing. Yet it's too much to take a stand for what's right? SMH.
mgrover
am hoping roach will influence him somehow, i think roach wants the fight and believes in manny, but arum will never sign off on it, somebody please just kill him.

also if marquez retains that speed at 144 are we going to think he's on peds too? since according to the front page he's bulked up a lot. according to 24/7 he's hit harder so its only fair isnt it?

also if he beats pac well a rematch with mayweather?
Bropho
Hopefully the left over parts of Marquez will get fed to Brandon Rios
checkleft
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 31 2011, 09:05 AM) *
am hoping roach will influence him somehow, i think roach wants the fight and believes in manny, but arum will never sign off on it, somebody please just kill him.

also if marquez retains that speed at 144 are we going to think he's on peds too? since according to the front page he's bulked up a lot. according to 24/7 he's hit harder so its only fair isnt it?

also if he beats pac well a rematch with mayweather?

I don't believe that he's stronger or faster.. come on dude they are just hyping the fight up.
Cshel86
JMM's best chance is to come in under the 144 lb weight limit, so he can retain something dntknw.gif
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2011, 10:58 AM) *
JMM's best chance is to come in under the 144 lb weight limit, so he can retain something dntknw.gif

marquez's best chance is for manny to have a stroke and beat him to retirement...
but juan did sign up for it, at least he's gonna earn the pay day with a beating.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2011, 01:35 PM) *
marquez's best chance is for manny to have a stroke and beat him to retirement...
but juan did sign up for it, at least he's gonna earn the pay day with a beating.

You are giving JMM not even a slight chance of making the fight competitive? I like his increased weight. I am not going to get this fight simply I am not a big fan on how Pac fights. He is a good fighter but not my brand of tequila. In all I hope the fight is good because fans will be shelling out money for it. I like JMM so I am going with my heart on this one.
checkleft
Oh Juan Manuel is a legend, but hes out of his element at 144. Hes never been a big power puncher, pacs only gotten stronger since marquez was getting stunned by Juan diaz and knocked down by katsidids. Idk how.marquez makes it to 12 in this fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2011, 02:35 PM) *

Almost anyone that can counterpunch, apply some pressure, work behind their jab, move their heads, and be patienet enough to box instead of going balls to the wall...will surely give Pac trouble. All I can think of is JMM and Morales...everybody else simply got sacrificed or ran the whole fuckin' time (Mosley's punk ass). Between JMM and Morales, patience and persistence was their best attribute.
DubC
QUOTE (mgrover @ Oct 31 2011, 07:05 AM) *

also if he beats pac well a rematch with mayweather
?

LMFAO...

????

Why
mgrover
because last time he went up in weight it was clear he did it in a stupid fashion, if he actually looks faster than manny and beats him am sure a rematch with mayweather will be right around the corner, thats if mayweather doesnt go on another two year long break
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 1 2011, 07:39 AM) *
because last time he went up in weight it was clear he did it in a stupid fashion, if he actually looks faster than manny and beats him am sure a rematch with mayweather will be right around the corner, thats if mayweather doesnt go on another two year long break

Im not sure Floyd would even go through with a rematch with JMM if he happens to win. Hell, he made his money and PPV numbers the first time around, and received backlash because of it...not that he cared much. It was more of an event because he was making his return to the ring, along with other additional things. JMM having a chance at pulling off an upset surely wasn't the reason people purchased it, which leads me to believe that it wont sell if its ever inked again.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 01:49 PM) *
Im not sure Floyd would even go through with a rematch with JMM if he happens to win. Hell, he made his money and PPV numbers the first time around, and received backlash because of it...not that he cared much. It was more of an event because he was making his return to the ring, along with other additional things. JMM having a chance at pulling off an upset surely wasn't the reason people purchased it, which leads me to believe that it wont sell if its ever inked again.

I know this is a little off topic but should Ariza be calling other trainers out about them being ex steroid dealers when he is in question about his "shakes" and other techniques with his two fighters? Khan is now stronger than before and Pac well he never lost speed. People in glass houses should know throw bricks.

Zatoichi did not mean to quote you. My bad
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 04:28 PM) *
I know this is a little off topic but should Ariza be calling other trainers out about them being ex steroid dealers when he is in question about his "shakes" and other techniques with his two fighters? Khan is now stronger than before and Pac well he never lost speed. People in glass houses should know throw bricks.

Zatoichi did not mean to quote you. My bad

Well, the only difference between Ariza and the other two guys (Conte and Heredia), is that their asses got caught! laugh.gif Nobody even knows if Ariza is truly doing anything, and as I've seen on the past...it usually takes a while for athletes to get caught up with steroids, so who knows.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.