Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Berto vs Randall Bailey
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/169828-...eeds-date-venue

I've only seen Bailey a couple of times, he is considered one of the biggest puncher in boxing. Does he stand more than a punchers chance? The fight is done they are just looking for a venue.

bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2011, 04:09 PM) *

I've only seen Bailey a couple of times, he is considered one of the biggest puncher in boxing. Does he stand more than a punchers chance? The fight is done they are just looking for a venue.

Bailey can bang. However, he can also GET banged out (been stopped 3 times). That's not to say dude isn't durable, clearly that's not the case. My point being, w/ Berto's "easy to see" chin and Bailey being KO'd three times before, don't expect this to go to the cards.
Cshel86
Yeah Bailey has had his ass handed to him a few times and he can bang, but he's had a really bumpy career. Berto's chin can be touched easily and Bailey has the power to turn the tide, but Im almost sure he will be another sacrifice for Berto.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Yeah Bailey has had his ass handed to him a few times and he can bang, but he's had a really bumpy career. Berto's chin can be touched easily and Bailey has the power to turn the tide, but Im almost sure he will be another sacrifice for Berto.

The more I think of this, the more I think Bailey can fuck up some plans here. LOL. Bailey doesn't usually get rocked too early and couple that w/ the I'm sure Bailey and his team are well aware of Berto's ability to get touched up, says this can be a tricky fight. Clearly, the hand speed advantage goes to Berto, but I think power Bailey, especially if he sits down on his shots. Now, the "x" factor will be, who has more in the tank. If Berto gasses like he did against Zaveck & Ortiz, he maybe "sun-bathing" before he knows it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Oct 31 2011, 09:36 PM) *
The more I think of this, the more I think Bailey can fuck up some plans here. LOL. Bailey doesn't usually get rocked too early and couple that w/ the I'm sure Bailey and his team are well aware of Berto's ability to get touched up, says this can be a tricky fight. Clearly, the hand speed advantage goes to Berto, but I think power Bailey, especially if he sits down on his shots. Now, the "x" factor will be, who has more in the tank. If Berto gasses like he did against Zaveck & Ortiz, he maybe "sun-bathing" before he knows it.

Yeah any guy with 7 loses, KO power, and another title shot along with a chance to simply "fuck up somebody's plans"...has nothing to lose and has every right to go balls to the wall. Berto does have a chance of gassing out, but its hard to tell because he always has that hunch-back tense stance when he fights, so we will see. I didn't really see him gas against Zaveck...I may have to watch that one again. I just saw him getting tagged more than he should've dntknw.gif
checkleft
Idk if he was gassed against ortiz I just think ortiz knocked everything berto brought that night out of him.. but his conditioning is bad and he did look very tired in his last fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Idk if he was gassed against ortiz I just think ortiz knocked everything berto brought that night out of him.. but his conditioning is bad and he did look very tired in his last fight.

I actually thought his "new conditioning" looked okay in his last fight...thanks to his "nutritionist", lol. You're right about Ortiz, Berto's legs were starched right after Ortiz cracked that chin in the first round laugh.gif He had "bambi legs" the whole fight...
Cheesey1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Oct 31 2011, 05:09 PM) *

Berto's a good boxer, but unfortunately he's too wild and leaves himself open, so yes Bailey's got a puncher's chance. I just watched Bailey for the first time on you tube (it was a weird fight from the end of 2010 and the other one from '09 where he K.O'd some poor guy) and he seems to have an effective jab, which when combined with K.O power in the other hand is pretty effective. Maybe he can time Berto and smack him around, or keep the pressure on with the jab, if he has a strong jab. I'm sure that Berto's team know this and have a plan in place. I'm picking Berto to win, don't know enough about Bailey to predict which round.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Don't sleep on Berto. He's still one of my favorite welterweights. The speed and power that he displayed when he first came to HBO made an instant fan out of me. Carlos Quintana was the first fighter to defeat Paul Williams. Berto blasted his brain into another time zone. Freddy Hernandez had laid a few fighters out. He got laid out inside of one round. Victor may have gotten some doping advice from Manny Pacquiao because Berto hit him harder than Floyd did, yet he rose from and sent Berto to the canvass. I don't know too much about Randall Bailey, but I am interested in seeing Berto back in action. Mike Jones is the IBF's ranked #3 contender so I really look forward to seeing how Berto fares against him. He's been acting like he wants to fight Berto. I'm certain he'll get his chance. He better not make any rookie mistakes in that fight. Berto better not lay against the ropes either. I find that a lot of the fights I have interest in seeing, are just not being made for whatever reason. Hopefully HBO's new president ramps up the intensity.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2011, 10:13 PM) *
I actually thought his "new conditioning" looked okay in his last fight...thanks to his "nutritionist", lol. You're right about Ortiz, Berto's legs were starched right after Ortiz cracked that chin in the first round laugh.gif He had "bambi legs" the whole fight...

Really? I remember watching that fight, w/ an expressed interest in Berto's cardio. This was b/c, IMO, he was gassed out in that Ortiz fight. Now, whether or not his tank was emptied by those "man stoppers" Vic put on 'em is debateable. However, in that Zaveck fight, 'round the end of the 2nd round and def. the 3rd, you can see his activity slow down and his clinching pick up. I think his problem, much like Pascal, is he is so tense, coupled w/ he loads up on shots, he empties his tank rather quickly.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 1 2011, 11:01 AM) *
Really? I remember watching that fight, w/ an expressed interest in Berto's cardio. This was b/c, IMO, he was gassed out in that Ortiz fight. Now, whether or not his tank was emptied by those "man stoppers" Vic put on 'em is debateable. However, in that Zaveck fight, 'round the end of the 2nd round and def. the 3rd, you can see his activity slow down and his clinching pick up. I think his problem, much like Pascal, is he is so tense, coupled w/ he loads up on shots, he empties his tank rather quickly.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Oct 31 2011, 09:58 PM) *
Berto does have a chance of gassing out, but its hard to tell because he always has that hunch-back tense stance when he fights

I always see him clinch as well, so I really couldn't tell. I may have to watch it again, since I've only watched it twice...drunk the first time and nursing a hangover the second time

laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I always see him clinch as well, so I really couldn't tell. I may have to watch it again, since I've only watched it twice...drunk the first time and nursing a hangover the second time

laugh.gif

LMAO!!!!
Cshel86
After this fight, Berto needs to fight somebody of worth...or else, he'll be looked at as the guy who's comfortable getting paid to fight tomato cans. Collazo and Ortiz are the only two that ever posed a huge threat to him...besides Rivera putting him on the canvas for rushing in like a ram.
checkleft
He should definitely rematch ortiz, but I don't think he's ready. A guy like clottey would be good for him
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 2 2011, 03:45 PM) *
He should definitely rematch ortiz, but I don't think he's ready. A guy like clottey would be good for him

Clottey would've been good for any of those guys at WW, but he's campaigning at 154 now, so that may be out of the question for now. If Ortiz happened to be that guy that has Berto's number, then he can fight him tomorrow, next month, next year, whatever...the results will still be the same, lol.

Now if Berto can match Ortiz's fight game, then we may be in for a treat. Honestly, like you said, I dont think he's ready for Ortiz, he's probably gonna be smart and keep his market value stable until he's ready. Of course he was crying rematch immediately after the fight, he was supposed to, lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.