Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Mosley Decides To Give His Two Cents...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
So Mosley decides to give his input on the JMM/Pac fight this month. He basically stated that Marquez is too small, and he will go down if Pac touches him. He also went into detail about himself not having a weak chin when Pacquiao hit him, so Marquez will go down when he gets hit this time around. Duh, last time I checked, Marquez has been dropped by Pac numerous times...whats really new?

Then Mosley went into detail about the Mayweather/Ortiz fight, stating that Mayweather hit Victor with a "sucker punch". Uhhh Shane, didn't you get hit with a big shot while you were trying to explain yourself and touch gloves? He didn't downplay Ortiz's headbutt, and also claimed that Floyd didn't hit him hard enough to get counted out like he did...he figured Victor was trying to draw a DQ on Floyd's behalf.

He also discussed a rematch with the winner of Cotto/Margarito, stating that Cotto woud be a better rematch for him, but Cotto may be reluctant to go through with it. He feels that Margarito cant deal with his style if he were to have a rematch with him, but he doesn't care which of the two he ends up facing, just as long as he can get back in the ring soon.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11094.html

BigFightFan
Has Mosley's Achilles injury ever been verified or is he just blowing smoke? I like Mosley but why take a fight if you are injured
HazConvictedFelonMane
There's still a lot more that I would like to know. I'd like to know about the testing situation straight from Mosley's mouth. I'd like to know what Shane has to say about Floyd's comments at the press conference.
un01
shane mosley has turned into one of those fighters that dont even care about the end result of a fight. hes just happy to sign a contract. shane needs to hang it up and call it a career
thehype
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 1 2011, 12:06 PM) *
Has Mosley's Achilles injury ever been verified or is he just blowing smoke? I like Mosley but why take a fight if you are injured

Verified. Fight was signed in December. Injury happened in January. Why go through with it? Money!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 10:19 AM) *
So Mosley decides to give his input on the JMM/Pac fight this month. He basically stated that Marquez is too small, and he will go down if Pac touches him. He also went into detail about himself not having a weak chin when Pacquiao hit him, so Marquez will go down when he gets hit this time around. Duh, last time I checked, Marquez has been dropped by Pac numerous times...whats really new?

Then Mosley went into detail about the Mayweather/Ortiz fight, stating that Mayweather hit Victor with a "sucker punch". Uhhh Shane, didn't you get hit with a big shot while you were trying to explain yourself and touch gloves? He didn't downplay Ortiz's headbutt, and also claimed that Floyd didn't hit him hard enough to get counted out like he did...he figured Victor was trying to draw a DQ on Floyd's behalf.

He also discussed a rematch with the winner of Cotto/Margarito, stating that Cotto woud be a better rematch for him, but Cotto may be reluctant to go through with it. He feels that Margarito cant deal with his style if he were to have a rematch with him, but he doesn't care which of the two he ends up facing, just as long as he can get back in the ring soon.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11094.html

Someone should explain to Shane that, the issue isn't whether or not JMM will get knocked down by Pac, but rather, how he performs if and when he returns to his feet. You know, kinda like will he stand and fight or I dunno, RUN? Shane definitely knows about the latter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 1 2011, 02:27 PM) *
Someone should explain to Shane that, the issue isn't whether or not JMM will get knocked down by Pac, but rather, how he performs if and when he returns to his feet. You know, kinda like will he stand and fight or I dunno, RUN? Shane definitely knows about the latter.

Yep, money is ALWAYS the answer! Shane cruised off with his $5M+ and left me with a big vein in my forehead and a nearly-lost voice, from yelling at his ass through the tv! You're right, Shane ran like a little biotch and failed to even make an attempt mount an offense, very unlikely that JMM will do the same. Shane just layed on the canvas and chilled like nothing happen, then commenced to retreating and touching gloves.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Yep, money is ALWAYS the answer! Shane cruised off with his $5M+ and left me with a big vein in my forehead and a nearly-lost voice, from yelling at his ass through the tv! You're right, Shane ran like a little biotch and failed to even make an attempt mount an offense, very unlikely that JMM will do the same. Shane just layed on the canvas and chilled like nothing happen, then commenced to retreating and touching gloves.

He totally chilled on the canvas, a la lawn chair against Pac. The only thing he needed was some Mint Julep.

I NEVER say NEVER (oooh, the irony) about anything, when it comes to fighting. However, I'd be really surprised if JMM took that approach. I personally believe he dislikes Pac too much to go out like that...and vice versa.
leonthegee
Bradleys talking about moving up to 147. I dont see any of the top ww fighting Shane anymore. If I was Berto I wouldnt touch Shane with a 10 foot pole.
thehype
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 02:42 PM) *
very unlikely that JMM will do the same.

That remains to be seen. JMM didn't look too anxious to mix it up against Mayweather. And if the rumors I hear about a possible injury are true, you may be in for a repeat performance. I wouldn't set your expectations too high.
thehype
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 1 2011, 02:54 PM) *
Bradleys talking about moving up to 147. I dont see any of the top ww fighting Shane anymore. If I was Berto I wouldnt touch Shane with a 10 foot pole.

I can see Margarito fighting him, but I don't know if you would consider him to be a top ww/jr. middle.

I don't think some of you are taking into consideration that Mosley looked less than stellar against the 2 best fighters in the sport and a couple middleweights fighting at jr. middle (Mora/Mayorga). Not saying that he isn't past his prime or anything like that, but I don't know if I would be too quick to anoint Tim Bradley and/or Andre Berto as though they're some kind of killers and too dangerous too handle when they haven't looked like anything special either...I mean, unless of course you were THAT impressed by Bradley and/or Berto's performances.

If you want to become a future star in the sport who can cross over into the mainstream and become a PPV attraction, you HAVE to get guys like Mosley on your resume...and when you do get them, you have to make a statement and DESTROY them. I don't care if Tim Bradley would've beat Amir Khan right after he beat Devon Alexander...he STILL wouldn't be able to draw flies to shit because the casual fan doesn't know anyone that he's beaten.

Now, that being said, I don't think Shane Mosley needs to be getting a payday on some PPV somewhere...HOWEVER...Berto vs. Mosley on HBO World Championship Boxing is a GOOD fight (a MUCH better statement for Berto than fighting RANDALL BAILEY)...and truth be told, I'm not quite so convinced that Berto would even pull out that victory.

Andre Berto <<<<<< Manny Pacquiao
Allmenjoi8
I wonder why Shane did not discuss his fight plan that he had for Pac and how he ran and touched gloves for all 12 freaking rounds?
I think Shane should fight Ortiz. Perfect. Make it happen Oscar
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 03:38 PM) *
I wonder why Shane did not discuss his fight plan that he had for Pac and how he ran and touched gloves for all 12 freaking rounds?

I doubt THAT fight gets made, as Shane had to leave GBP, sign over rights for future bouts (a provision that Arum politely threw in the trash after the Pac fight) and (probably) had to blow a Top Rank employee or two in order to get the Pac fight. In addition, throw in the fact Oscar may still be more than a lil' pissed about Shane's BALCO testimony. It may be easier to get consistency out of Mitt Romney than it would to get a Ortiz/Shane fight. Then again......this IS boxing......
checkleft
It's looks like shanes only in it for the money.. he didn't even consider talking about Berto Bradley Ortiz Khan Alexander... a lot fights can be made, but he just wants some cash, word is his ex took him to the bank even got his title belts. Lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 1 2011, 05:13 PM) *
It's looks like shanes only in it for the money.. he didn't even consider talking about Berto Bradley Ortiz Khan Alexander... a lot fights can be made, but he just wants some cash, word is his ex took him to the bank even got his title belts. Lol

I like Shane and I, for one, feel sorry for him that Jin took all of his Scoobie snacks. Eff'd up to take his belts. That's on some "evil that women do" shit.
leonthegee
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 12:01 PM) *
I can see Margarito fighting him, but I don't know if you would consider him to be a top ww/jr. middle.

I don't think some of you are taking into consideration that Mosley looked less than stellar against the 2 best fighters in the sport and a couple middleweights fighting at jr. middle (Mora/Mayorga). Not saying that he isn't past his prime or anything like that, but I don't know if I would be too quick to anoint Tim Bradley and/or Andre Berto as though they're some kind of killers and too dangerous too handle when they haven't looked like anything special either...I mean, unless of course you were THAT impressed by Bradley and/or Berto's performances.

If you want to become a future star in the sport who can cross over into the mainstream and become a PPV attraction, you HAVE to get guys like Mosley on your resume...and when you do get them, you have to make a statement and DESTROY them. I don't care if Tim Bradley would've beat Amir Khan right after he beat Devon Alexander...he STILL wouldn't be able to draw flies to shit because the casual fan doesn't know anyone that he's beaten.

Now, that being said, I don't think Shane Mosley needs to be getting a payday on some PPV somewhere...HOWEVER...Berto vs. Mosley on HBO World Championship Boxing is a GOOD fight (a MUCH better statement for Berto than fighting RANDALL BAILEY)...and truth be told, I'm not quite so convinced that Berto would even pull out that victory.

Andre Berto <<<<<< Manny Pacquiao

Andre Bertos on the verge and he has a title. I think a victory against Mosley means less now than it did prior to the Haiti disaster. But a loss to Mosley would ruin his carreer all together. Now Bradley has alot to prove especially at ww. Bradley needs the ecposure fighting a name like Mosley. He needs people outside of queerville (palm springs) to know who he is. Wouldnt risk it if I was Berto but all for Bradley.
pesticid
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 03:52 PM) *
That remains to be seen. JMM didn't look too anxious to mix it up against Mayweather. And if the rumors I hear about a possible injury are true, you may be in for a repeat performance. I wouldn't set your expectations too high.

Actually, he was pressing forward the entire fight, it was just that mayweather's game didn't allow him to mix it up like he wanted. Marquez was there to bang with Mayweather but Mayweather had too much speed, strength, size and smarts.
thehype
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 07:36 PM) *
Actually, he was pressing forward the entire fight, it was just that mayweather's game didn't allow him to mix it up like he wanted. Marquez was there to bang with Mayweather but Mayweather had too much speed, strength, size and smarts.

That's funny because I could have sworn Marquez's own corner asked him if everything was alright and if he wanted to keep fighting. I seem to remember a totally different fight, with Mayweather walking him down and landing his jab and right hand about 300 out of 500 times. Go figure.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5727.html
thehype
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 1 2011, 07:34 PM) *
Andre Bertos on the verge and he has a title. I think a victory against Mosley means less now than it did prior to the Haiti disaster. But a loss to Mosley would ruin his carreer all together. Now Bradley has alot to prove especially at ww. Bradley needs the ecposure fighting a name like Mosley. He needs people outside of queerville (palm springs) to know who he is. Wouldnt risk it if I was Berto but all for Bradley.

The only thing Andre Berto is on the verge of is getting himself knocked out.

laugh.gif

If he's all that and a bag of chips, knocking out Shane Mosley should be just what the doctor ordered for a guy who also BADLY needs some exposure. If you think he's a bigger draw than Tim Badley, you're mistaken...the guy can't even draw in Florida. LOL. A loss to Shane Mosley wouldn't ruin his career, but a loss to Randall Bailey would DEFINITELY be the end.
thehype
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 1 2011, 06:13 PM) *

EVERYONE is in it for the money...this is their job...it's how they earn a living. You think Andre Berto is looking to fight Randall Bailey for his legacy? Is Amir Khan taking on Lamont Peterson because he's looking for a big challenge? ALL of the guys you mentioned - Berto, Bradley, Ortiz, Khan, Alexander - are in it for the money, no different than Mosley, and they all want to maximize their profits with the best available fight possible. In Mosley's case, he thinks a rematch with Cotto or Margarito may be his best option...which it may or may not be depending on whether or not Bob Arum wants to make a fight (with Cotto, that will be no, but with Margarito, that might be a possibility). If it's not, then Mosley will move on to plan B, which would be someone like Berto, who he actually did mention, or Plan C, someone like K9 Bundrage. Every fighter is looking to maximize their earning potential when they look at their next fight.
thehype
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 04:38 PM) *

Actually, he DID talk about all of that...you just haven't seen the second part of the interview yet. LOL

As for Ortiz, I doubt that happens, but I'm sure Oscar wouldn't mind throwing Mosley in there with Canelo Alvarez to help build his name up with the casual US fan. In fact, prior to Mosley leaving Golden Boy for the Pacquiao fight, that's actually the fight that Golden Boy offered him.
thehype
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 11:19 AM) *
So Mosley decides to give his input on the JMM/Pac fight this month

And just for the record, he didn't necessarily "decide" to give his input...I asked him for it.

As someone who was actually in the ring with Pacquiao and has been in more title fights than you or I have ever been in, I think he's certainly entitled to give his opinion. Even if you may be salty about his performance against Pacquiao, you can't deny the fact that he's probably more knowledgeable than most fans when it comes to boxing.
checkleft
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 07:00 PM) *
EVERYONE is in it for the money...this is their job...it's how they earn a living. You think Andre Berto is looking to fight Randall Bailey for his legacy? Is Amir Khan taking on Lamont Peterson because he's looking for a big challenge? ALL of the guys you mentioned - Berto, Bradley, Ortiz, Khan, Alexander - are in it for the money, no different than Mosley, and they all want to maximize their profits with the best available fight possible. In Mosley's case, he thinks a rematch with Cotto or Margarito may be his best option...which it may or may not be depending on whether or not Bob Arum wants to make a fight (with Cotto, that will be no, but with Margarito, that might be a possibility). If it's not, then Mosley will move on to plan B, which would be someone like Berto, who he actually did mention, or Plan C, someone like K9 Bundrage. Every fighter is looking to maximize their earning potential when they look at their next fight.

I didn't think I had to capitalize the only, but here let me help you out.."It looks like shane is ONLY in it for the money".. let me know if you have trouble reading it again
leonthegee
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 03:55 PM) *
The only thing Andre Berto is on the verge of is getting himself knocked out.

laugh.gif

If he's all that and a bag of chips, knocking out Shane Mosley should be just what the doctor ordered for a guy who also BADLY needs some exposure. If you think he's a bigger draw than Tim Badley, you're mistaken...the guy can't even draw in Florida. LOL. A loss to Shane Mosley wouldn't ruin his career, but a loss to Randall Bailey would DEFINITELY be the end.

Im not saying Bertos the second coming but if he beats Ortiz hes fighting Mayweather. Thats what I mean by on the verge. Manny and Floyd are running out of guys to fight. Sooner or later somebodies gonna come knocking on his door. And Shane has looked terrible in his last 3 fights. He doesnt deserve a title shot. If Berto takes the fight than hes no better than Manny trying to earn a paycheck.
pesticid
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 07:51 PM) *
That's funny because I could have sworn Marquez's own corner asked him if everything was alright and if he wanted to keep fighting. I seem to remember a totally different fight, with Mayweather walking him down and landing his jab and right hand about 300 out of 500 times. Go figure.

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content5727.html

Mayweather did walk him down but it was sporadically in the fight, it wasn't the walk-down that he layed out on Mosley. When I said pressing forward, when Mayweather wasn't dominating, Marquez was coming forward, hey, he was outgunned and he still performed better than both Mosley and Ortiz, which is more than admirable. So I don;t think Maquez was heistent against Mayweather, moreso that he couldn't find any success because of Mayweather's skill, reach, speed, size, etc.
So I don;t see Marquez being hesitent against Pacman even though he might get destroyed.

Here is the entire Mayweather vs Marquez fight and even if you watch from rounds 10 when Mayweather had him figured all too good, Marquez was still throwing with bad intentions, he just couldn't do anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlngsZKXQ-4
pesticid
I appreciate the interview but I am somwehat upset or even bitter about Mosley downplaying Marquez saying that he would get what he is asking for. JMM has been asking for it his entire career Shane, don't knock him for his courage. We know you don't have his courage when shit isn't going your way. You gave up in the 1st Forrest fight after that mean uppercut. You wanted not to get hurt in the rematch, you got befuddled by Winky and his amazing power, you shut it down for 2 wights with Wright. Then you fight Mayweather you land a bomb and do absolutely nothing the rest of the fight looking to be friends and to survive. Just watch rounds 3 and 4 of the Marquez and Floyd fight when JMM got put down in the second and you'll see what courage is. They you go and lay a big egg against Pacman. Just cause you embarrassed yourself against Pacman doesn't mean that that Marquez will even if he loses worse at least he'll give himself a chance, Mosley never did.

thehype
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 1 2011, 08:20 PM) *
I didn't think I had to capitalize the only, but here let me help you out.."It looks like shane is ONLY in it for the money".. let me know if you have trouble reading it again

I didn't think I had to capitalize the only either, but here, let me help you out. EVERYONE is ONLY in it for the money. EVERY fight is an interview for a PROMOTION to get a BIGGER PAYDAY! Now you let ME know if you have trouble reading it again...or better yet, just let me know which fighters out there ARE NOT trying to position themselves to get the money. EVERY FIGHTER, MANAGER, PROMOTER is thinking BUSINESS FIRST!
thehype
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 1 2011, 08:22 PM) *
Im not saying Bertos the second coming but if he beats Ortiz hes fighting Mayweather. Thats what I mean by on the verge. Manny and Floyd are running out of guys to fight. Sooner or later somebodies gonna come knocking on his door. And Shane has looked terrible in his last 3 fights. He doesnt deserve a title shot. If Berto takes the fight than hes no better than Manny trying to earn a paycheck.

IF he were fighting Ortiz, I would have no problem with that logic, HOWEVER, he's looking to fight Randall Bailey NEXT, and as terrible as Shane has looked in his last 3 fights, Randall Bailey hasn't exactly looked spectacular in his last 25 fights. I would MUCH rather see what Berto can do with Shane Mosley than see what he can do with a guy that Juan Urango, Miguel Cotto, Ishe Smith and DeMarcus Chop Chop Corley already beat. If Berto would rather take a fight with Bailey, that makes him FAR WORSE than Manny.
thehype
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 08:23 PM) *
Mayweather did walk him down but it was sporadically in the fight, it wasn't the walk-down that he layed out on Mosley. When I said pressing forward, when Mayweather wasn't dominating, Marquez was coming forward, hey, he was outgunned and he still performed better than both Mosley and Ortiz, which is more than admirable. So I don;t think Maquez was heistent against Mayweather, moreso that he couldn't find any success because of Mayweather's skill, reach, speed, size, etc.
So I don;t see Marquez being hesitent against Pacman even though he might get destroyed.

Here is the entire Mayweather vs Marquez fight and even if you watch from rounds 10 when Mayweather had him figured all too good, Marquez was still throwing with bad intentions, he just couldn't do anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlngsZKXQ-4

Bad intentions? I don't know about that. By round 10, Floyd basically coasted and allowed Marquez to finish the fight in my opinion. I never said he was "hesitant", but there came a point in that fight when Marquez made the conscience decision to shut it down for the night (hence the reason why his corner was asking him if everything was alright)...just like Shane Mosley did. And just like when he fights Pacquiao on November 12, if he eats the same type of punch that Shane ate from Pacquiao, this time around, I will not surprised to see him make another conscience decision to shut it down. I'm not saying that will definitely happen, but I'm also not expecting to see the guy who went to war with Pacquiao at 130 pounds and below. Just don't be upset on November 13 if you don't see a competitive Marquez going all out. If he shuts it down and decides to survive, much like Cotto did after he was rocked, please continue to support him and don't trash him because he didn't give you the fight you were expecting. That's all I'm saying.
thehype
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 08:54 PM) *
I appreciate the interview but I am somwehat upset or even bitter about Mosley downplaying Marquez saying that he would get what he is asking for. JMM has been asking for it his entire career Shane, don't knock him for his courage. We know you don't have his courage when shit isn't going your way. You gave up in the 1st Forrest fight after that mean uppercut. You wanted not to get hurt in the rematch, you got befuddled by Winky and his amazing power, you shut it down for 2 wights with Wright. Then you fight Mayweather you land a bomb and do absolutely nothing the rest of the fight looking to be friends and to survive. Just watch rounds 3 and 4 of the Marquez and Floyd fight when JMM got put down in the second and you'll see what courage is. They you go and lay a big egg against Pacman. Just cause you embarrassed yourself against Pacman doesn't mean that that Marquez will even if he loses worse at least he'll give himself a chance, Mosley never did.

He didn't downplay Marquez at all. I think maybe you read more into the interview than what was there. He basically just said if Marquez tries to go to war and bang with Pacquiao, if he gets caught, he got what he asked for. And I don't know about saying he "gave up in the 1st Forrest fight"...where did that come from? He gave up, why did he even bother to keep fighting? I mean, that uppercut damn near decapitated him. LOL. You just sound a little angry for no reason. As big of an egg as he laid, I'm sure you were probably entertained by Mosley in at least 1 or 2 other fights. LOL. Man, some of y'all fans are brutal. LOL. For the record though, he's not the first and only fighter to lay an egg against Pacquiao (Barrera, De La Hoya, Clottey, and even Cotto come to mind)...I'm sure he won't be the last. Can't wait till November 12. LOL.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 08:00 PM) *

+1
Lol! I think its just bad when guys are on the downside or at the end of their career and they try to cash in, but end up laying an egg after all of the trash talking (or "promotion"). Hell, sometimes I forget that all of damn near all of these guys were amateurs at one point of their lives and did it for free numerous times...some did it 300+ times for free. So yeah, I dont believe ANY fiighter is doing it for free, even if they take chump change for fights.
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 08:06 PM) *
And just for the record, he didn't necessarily "decide" to give his input...I asked him for it.

As someone who was actually in the ring with Pacquiao and has been in more title fights than you or I have ever been in, I think he's certainly entitled to give his opinion. Even if you may be salty about his performance against Pacquiao, you can't deny the fact that he's probably more knowledgeable than most fans when it comes to boxing.

Yeah I was mad as a rattlesnake about that Pacquiao fight, but who wasn't? Its late to fix being salty, so I guess I'll ride the saltiness out until the first of the year, then work at it from there laugh.gif
pesticid
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 09:19 PM) *
He didn't downplay Marquez at all. I think maybe you read more into the interview than what was there. He basically just said if Marquez tries to go to war and bang with Pacquiao, if he gets caught, he got what he asked for. And I don't know about saying he "gave up in the 1st Forrest fight"...where did that come from? He gave up, why did he even bother to keep fighting? I mean, that uppercut damn near decapitated him. LOL. You just sound a little angry for no reason. As big of an egg as he laid, I'm sure you were probably entertained by Mosley in at least 1 or 2 other fights. LOL. Man, some of y'all fans are brutal. LOL. For the record though, he's not the first and only fighter to lay an egg against Pacquiao (Barrera, De La Hoya, Clottey, and even Cotto come to mind)...I'm sure he won't be the last. Can't wait till November 12. LOL.

I am a little angry and I do probaby read too much into it, I don't even think Shane has meanness like that in him, but what triggers me is that I can't rememember another fighter that has shut it down so many times like Shane has, I mean a fighter of his caliber. I used to like him and after the Forrest fight I stopped being a fan of his and he proved me right fight after fight. And the thing that is even more upsetting is that he does such a good job of selling the fight, saying I will knock him out, destroy him and what not only to shut it down. I get it, he does his job and he is a businessman too, but it is annoying though.
thehype
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 09:21 PM) *
+1
Lol! I think its just bad when guys are on the downside or at the end of their career and they try to cash in, but end up laying an egg after all of the trash talking (or "promotion"). Hell, sometimes I forget that all of damn near all of these guys were amateurs at one point of their lives and did it for free numerous times...some did it 300+ times for free. So yeah, I dont believe ANY fiighter is doing it for free, even if they take chump change for fights.

Yeah I was mad as a rattlesnake about that Pacquiao fight, but who wasn't? Its late to fix being salty, so I guess I'll ride the saltiness out until the first of the year, then work at it from there laugh.gif

Yeah, I hear ya. I think everyone was upset...especially when so many people were expecting him to be Manny's toughest challenge. But I mean, he didn't step into the ring expecting to lay an egg. He went in there thinking the same thing we all thought...that he was going to be too big and too strong and that he was going to blast the little guy out of there. That being said, he also didn't expect to get caught, dropped and rocked with a 6-inch punch that felt more powerful than any punch he's ever felt in his life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that maybe he couldn't have just said fuck it swung for the fences...but then again, I also don't know what it feels like to get cracked with a punch from Manny Pacquiao. I just don't know if I'd go out of my way to say Shane's a bitch or whatever because he's never proven to be one in the past. If we were talking about some other fighter who just show up and runs and never engages, that's a different story, but up until that fight, Shane has always fought to the end in pretty much every fight. For whatever reason, however, this fight was different...something made him say, "Oh hell no...fuck that...I ain't getting hit with one of those shots again"...and that was it. Credit to Manny Pacquiao for being that damn big of a puncher to turn Mosley into a guy who was scared to engage...but then again, like Shane said, he wasn't even being hit that much and yet his face was STILL more lumped and bruised than it's ever been in any other fight. Again...not really defending the performance, but hey, that is a little something to think about.
thehype
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 09:34 PM) *
I am a little angry and I do probaby read too much into it, I don't even think Shane has meanness like that in him, but what triggers me is that I can't rememember another fighter that has shut it down so many times like Shane has, I mean a fighter of his caliber. I used to like him and after the Forrest fight I stopped being a fan of his and he proved me right fight after fight. And the thing that is even more upsetting is that he does such a good job of selling the fight, saying I will knock him out, destroy him and what not only to shut it down. I get it, he does his job and he is a businessman too, but it is annoying though.

I guess I'm not getting what fights you're watching because I've never really seen him shut it down like that before. I mean, he didn't shut it down against Margarito. He didn't shut it down against Mayorga. He didn't shut it down against Cotto. He didn't shut it down against Vargas. He didn't shut it down against De La Hoya. He didn't shut it down against Winky...and that's even when he was clearly losing the fight...so like I said, I'm not really understanding what fights you're talking about where you say he shut it down. You'll have to clarify you're definition of shutting it down to me.
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Yeah, I hear ya. I think everyone was upset...especially when so many people were expecting him to be Manny's toughest challenge. But I mean, he didn't step into the ring expecting to lay an egg. He went in there thinking the same thing we all thought...that he was going to be too big and too strong and that he was going to blast the little guy out of there. That being said, he also didn't expect to get caught, dropped and rocked with a 6-inch punch that felt more powerful than any punch he's ever felt in his life. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that maybe he couldn't have just said fuck it swung for the fences...but then again, I also don't know what it feels like to get cracked with a punch from Manny Pacquiao. I just don't know if I'd go out of my way to say Shane's a bitch or whatever because he's never proven to be one in the past. If we were talking about some other fighter who just show up and runs and never engages, that's a different story, but up until that fight, Shane has always fought to the end in pretty much every fight. For whatever reason, however, this fight was different...something made him say, "Oh hell no...fuck that...I ain't getting hit with one of those shots again"...and that was it. Credit to Manny Pacquiao for being that damn big of a puncher to turn Mosley into a guy who was scared to engage...but then again, like Shane said, he wasn't even being hit that much and yet his face was STILL more lumped and bruised than it's ever been in any other fight. Again...not really defending the performance, but hey, that is a little something to think about.

Yeah you're right, maybe I expected too much from Shane that night. I thought that warrior was gonna come out of him when he got hurt, but it was completely different. I remember the first Forrest fight and watching Shane survive a nasty one...thats probably the worse I've seen him get beat.

I guess a Pacquiao punch does make a fighter relive their adolescent years all over again. I've been in some fights in my life, but damn, I dont ever remember feeling a Pacquiao-type punch. The only time I'll take a punch from Pac is if its my last test before I walk through the pearly white gates...a passage into the afterlife laugh.gif
pesticid
Winky Wright twice, I don't belive he even believed he was in these fights. He was content to being in the fight as opposed to wining it. Wmky even let him tee off him, exposing his chin, was it the second fight. Anyway, you can see it in his eyes and body language. Forrest twice, same exact story, he wasn't Derrick Gainer or what's his name Navarez but still. Mayweather, he totally shut it down after he landed these two right hands, the second one being an even bigger shot. Pacman he shut it down completely. He lost to Mora, he lost to Cotto but I am not saying he shut it down in these fights. His two defining fights are DLH at 147 and Margarito at 154. Poeple talk about fighters facing adversity and I just think that Shane isn't good at facing adversity at all.

PS: He didn;t lose to Mora, my mistake
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 1 2011, 09:34 PM) *
shut it down so many times like Shane has

You must be referring to the lightweight Shane...
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 1 2011, 09:53 PM) *
You must be referring to the lightweight Shane...

I was a fan of his back then
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 07:03 PM) *
Actually, he DID talk about all of that...you just haven't seen the second part of the interview yet. LOL

As for Ortiz, I doubt that happens, but I'm sure Oscar wouldn't mind throwing Mosley in there with Canelo Alvarez to help build his name up with the casual US fan. In fact, prior to Mosley leaving Golden Boy for the Pacquiao fight, that's actually the fight that Golden Boy offered him.

I can't wait to read the second part. Did you ask him about it or did he freely engage the topic?

If Berto fought Ortiz in Haiti wouldn't that help his cause, or anyone for that matter? It could be a free fight to attend. This would help his popularity. HBO could put it on. Wouldn't that be a good idea? Wyclef could "sing" the national anthem of Haiti and Berto can come out like Toussaint. Of course if Wyclef did sing I would most likely not watch the match.. Pras, he could do it. lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 1 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Pras, he could do it. lol

Pras? You mean, "One bar, superstar?" LOL. Which milk carton did you see him on?
leonthegee
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 1 2011, 05:07 PM) *
IF he were fighting Ortiz, I would have no problem with that logic, HOWEVER, he's looking to fight Randall Bailey NEXT, and as terrible as Shane has looked in his last 3 fights, Randall Bailey hasn't exactly looked spectacular in his last 25 fights. I would MUCH rather see what Berto can do with Shane Mosley than see what he can do with a guy that Juan Urango, Miguel Cotto, Ishe Smith and DeMarcus Chop Chop Corley already beat. If Berto would rather take a fight with Bailey, that makes him FAR WORSE than Manny.

Totally disagree with that. Manny should be held to higher standard than Berto. Mannys the (interm) p4p1 not some smuck holding a belt. I understand the fight with Bailey, not saying I agree with it, but I understand it. He can fight this bum in his home town and take a lions share. Much better, in his eyes, than going to one of the majors (GBP or TR) on bended knee trying to get a fight. He gets another training camp with Conte under his belt and he gets a chance to improve.
Cshel86
If Berto/Mosley would've gone down on Jan. 2010, then we probably wouldn't even be talking about Berto right about now. He's definitely gonna have to step the competition up after this Bailey fight, even if he has to take the smaller split of the money to fight somebody of value. Sometimes you gotta take one of those fights to step foot in the big leagues, and land bigger fights.

If you can hardly sell tickets, but blessed enough to have a manager that gets you at least $1M per fight, then thats only gonna go so far...he may end up fighting guys like Bailey forever, until he decides to step up and take smaller money for a couple of fights, then land a big one.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 1 2011, 09:44 PM) *
Pras? You mean, "One bar, superstar?" LOL. Which milk carton did you see him on?

He had a bar that was good? What song!!!!!!

"No matter who you damage you still a false proph"
Seek
I want to see Mosley back in the ring. He'll give any of the top WW's hell.

Mosley vs Canelo at the Staples Center sounds good to me as a matter of fact.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 2 2011, 03:25 PM) *
He had a bar that was good? What song!!!!!!

"No matter who you damage you still a false proph"

LOL...no, that was Wyclef's diss to him. He was referencing "Ghetto Superstar".
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 1 2011, 06:53 PM) *
I like Shane and I, for one, feel sorry for him that Jin took all of his Scoobie snacks. Eff'd up to take his belts. That's on some "evil that women do" shit.

I just thought about it...I bet some other no-name loser is probably hitting Jin from the back and holding up Shane's title belts like an idiot laugh.gif Glad Shane found a good replacement chick! Man Im an asshole! laugh.gif Dont pay me any attention!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 05:39 PM) *
I just thought about it...I bet some other no-name loser is probably hitting Jin from the back and holding up Shane's title belts like an idiot laugh.gif Glad Shane found a good replacement chick! Man Im an asshole! laugh.gif Dont pay me any attention!

No doubt! Let's not forget he's pushin' the whips that Shane got his dome cracked over, in order to buy. Probably yellin' at his kids, a la Snoop in the movie Baby Boy.." Mornin' scrub. I see you made a fort. (Knocks lil' boy's fort down)." LOL.

Yeah, his redo chick is a stunna!!!! I freak'n star. The only problem is, how long can he keep her...especially, if he can't get fights and Jin & co. w/ their hands out.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 3 2011, 06:57 PM) *
No doubt! Let's not forget he's pushin' the whips that Shane got his dome cracked over, in order to buy. Probably yellin' at his kids, a la Snoop in the movie Baby Boy.." Mornin' scrub. I see you made a fort. (Knocks lil' boy's fort down)." LOL.

Yeah, his redo chick is a stunna!!!! I freak'n star. The only problem is, how long can he keep her...especially, if he can't get fights and Jin & co. w/ their hands out.

Hahahaha!!! How can I forget about the fort getting kicked over! Classic! I dont think that little blow-up doll of his is gonna hang around long, but we never know. I gave him two thumbs up for that chick after that divorce crap!

*Other than that, the second part of his interview seemed a bit weird. Shane was trying to say something without saying, just as other readers saw it. He was talking about how big of an impact Pac's punches make when they make contact, but yet he says that Pac doesn't hit hard. You gotta read it to understand, if there is such thing as understanding it. Just judging from what he told Mayweather and the way he was going around his statements in this interview, seem real conspiracy-like. Good interview though.
pesticid
Jin is the worst of the worst. I mean right before the Margarito fight, didn't she tweeted that she hoped certain somebody (I took it for Mosley) to get hurt. Wow, how could you be married to such a monster for so many years. Is she a virgo or smth, too damn selfish!
pesticid
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 4 2011, 10:19 AM) *
Jin is the worst of the worst. I mean right before the Margarito fight, didn't she tweeted that she hoped certain somebody (I took it for Mosley) to get hurt. Wow, how could you be married to such a monster for so many years. Is she a virgo or smth, too damn selfish!

Shit, I just chekced her birthday and she is a virgo lol but so is shane smile.gif

I think I am wrong about Jin's birthday, it's irrelevant though I am saying it for jokes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.