Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Malignaggi vs Maidana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Seek
Malignaggi wants Maidana @ 147 in February, Maidana has accepted.

This is an interesting fight and I am a fan of both fighters. This will also be Maidana's debut at 147 so we'll get a really good idea of how he'll carry the weight. IMO, Paulie doesn't have the power to gain Maidana's respect but he is slick enough to make it the distance. I'll go with Maidana by UD
leonthegee
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 2 2011, 09:26 AM) *
Malignaggi wants Maidana @ 147 in February, Maidana has accepted.

This is an interesting fight and I am a fan of both fighters. This will also be Maidana's debut at 147 so we'll get a really good idea of how he'll carry the weight. IMO, Paulie doesn't have the power to gain Maidana's respect but he is slick enough to make it the distance. I'll go with Maidana by UD

I think Maidana beats Paulie like he stole something. Paulie cant keep Maidana off him with just his jab. Maidanas gonna walk through his punches and bust Paulie up.
Sunni6Killer
Where did you hear this?
Just saw Maidana's twiiter, he says nothing confirmed yet.
Seek
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Nov 2 2011, 02:21 PM) *
Where did you hear this?
Just saw Maidana's twiiter, he says nothing confirmed yet.

Srsly? Not on twitter yet? wtf mate . . . . dntknw.gif
Cshel86
Im sure it came from boxingscene, but hey, it nearly sounds like a done deal. This may be the fight that puts Paulie right where he wants to be, and that would be retirement. Hell, its not like he hasn't already considered it as of late. Paulie will always be a great fighter, but this will more than likely be a nightmare for him.
Maidana will surely be able to take his punches, plus he's sloppy, persistent, and has the power to fold Paulie up, but as somebody just said, Paulie has the skill to go the distance.
checkleft
This is a bad fight for you Paulie... I could have seen him beating Alexander in a close fight, but this is almost asking to get ko'd.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Paulie outboxes this dude with ease. Cmon now, Chop Chop Corley was taking rounds from Maidana and Morales basically beat him. Maidana is overrated and has trouble with movement and speed. Paulie looked sharp in his last fight against Lora. If he uses his legs well and keeps a stiff jab out there, he'll keep Maidana off balance. This won't allow Maidana to set his feet to try and land some of those bombs. Paulie is tough too, so even if he gets nailed he's not going anywhere. He took Cotto's best shots for 12 rounds. Malignaggi is just too quick and slick for this guy. Plus, I think he would have a nice reach advantage. The lack of reach is what lost that fight with Khan. Khan simply caught him with longer shots. That's not happening here.

Everybody can take Paulie's shots, but he's not a power-puncher. He's going to move effectively and away from Maidana's power hand. Maybe I'm crazy, but I see this looking a bit like the 2nd Diaz fight for Paulie. The jab will land often and he'll control the pace.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 2 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Paulie outboxes this dude with ease. Cmon now, Chop Chop Corley was taking rounds from Maidana and Morales basically beat him. Maidana is overrated and has trouble with movement and speed. Paulie looked sharp in his last fight against Lora. If he uses his legs well and keeps a stiff jab out there, he'll keep Maidana off balance. This won't allow Maidana to set his feet to try and land some of those bombs. Paulie is tough too, so even if he gets nailed he's not going anywhere. He took Cotto's best shots for 12 rounds. Malignaggi is just too quick and slick for this guy. Plus, I think he would have a nice reach advantage. The lack of reach is what lost that fight with Khan. Khan simply caught him with longer shots. That's not happening here.

Everybody can take Paulie's shots, but he's not a power-puncher. He's going to move effectively and away from Maidana's power hand. Maybe I'm crazy, but I see this looking a bit like the 2nd Diaz fight for Paulie. The jab will land often and he'll control the pace.

While Paulie wasn't busted up, but if Juan "Fleet-footed" Diaz (sarcasm) can touch Paulie up like that (1st fight), Maidana is likely to do a helluva lot worse. I like Paulie and he has very good skills, but I don't think he has enough sting to make Maidana hesitate while walking him down. I could be wrong and should he do it, I doubt it will be with "ease".
Cshel86
I like Paulie, but his talks of retirement are what triggered me to believe that he will get overwhelmed in this bout. Yes, Paulie took Cotto's best shots, years ago. Its not like he's really in line to headline a major PPV or anything, so Im starting to believe thats he ready to hang 'em up sooner later. If Maidana fucks with his mental, then Im not sure whats gonna happen. Hopefully he sticks to his boxing skills and not fold mentally...at this point of his career, who knows.
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 2 2011, 07:40 PM) *
While Paulie wasn't busted up, but if Juan "Fleet-footed" Diaz (sarcasm) can touch Paulie up like that (1st fight), Maidana is likely to do a helluva lot worse. I like Paulie and he has very good skills, but I don't think he has enough sting to make Maidana hesitate while walking him down. I could be wrong and should he do it, I doubt it will be with "ease".

Good post
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Dude, Paulie made the adjustments and was barley touched in the 2nd fight. Besides one round, Malignaggi controlled the fight. I didn't say he wasn't going to get hit. He has a good chin and can take the shots. Honestly, Juan Diaz at 135/140 is a better fighter than Marcos Maidana. Diaz went tooth and nail with Marquez in 09, and was a legitimate lightweight champion. Pacquiao didn't want to fight him when he went up to 135, he took on David Diaz instead. You are severely underrating Juan Diaz and how good he was. Diaz had deceptive speed, and Maidana just walks right in. He's not quick and only has some power. Seriously, when Chop Chop Corley is putting hands on a fighter at this stage, you're not at the elite level. Morales practically beat him, and he's old and slow.

Malignaggi also took Khan's best shots not too long ago either. Ya'll are going to be surprised when Paulie takes those shots and continues to box circles around this dude. Maidana has nowhere near the speed of Paulie, and Paulie has the reach. He'll use those legs to get out of harms way, and keep a stiff jab in Maidana's face.
checkleft
Khan had the reach has more power than Paulie and is faster. And he nearly got beaten by maidana, I like Paulie too but he's gonna get stopped or dropped more than likely.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Whoa whoa whoa, that's a whole different story. Khan nearly got beat because he has a soft chin and got caught. Khan nearly had Maidana out in one, and was dominating that fight up until round 10. Don't kid yourself and try to put Maidana on Khan's level. If Khan could take a shot, the fight wouldn't have even been interesting. Paulie can take a shot, as evidenced in all his matches. He took shots all night against Cotto, Hatton, and Khan. He's been got by big right hands and doesn't get stunned. Malignaggi also has the same reach as Maidana, but knows how to utilize a jab. His jab will catch Maidana coming in, and Malignaggi will be out of harm's way by the time Maidana is set and ready to throw shots. I still think most boxing fans are overrating Maidana big time, and he's waiting to be exposed by a fighter like Paulie.
Cshel86
Let's not give Paulie or Maidana too much credit here! I know Paulie has the skills to keep Maidana at bay and stay out of trouble, but for how long? Maidana can take head shots all day, but not body shots...who can? Will Paulie utilize body work to come out on top? Does he have enough power to do what Khan did when he dropped Maidana with those body shots?

Of course Paulie fought great fighters and took their best shots...in the past. Yeah he took Cotto, Hatton, and Khan's best punches...but he was stopped 2 out of those 3 fights...let's not forget that part. Cotto had decent speed, Hatton didn't have much, and Khan had quick hands...so I can average Paulie getting hit with some of Maidana's shots...hopefully not the wrong ones.

There are a lot of things that remain to be seen in this fight, but we cant use the old Paulie to answer those question...he's clearly not exactly the same guy anymore.
Slumpage
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 11:44 AM) *
Let's not give Paulie or Maidana too much credit here! I know Paulie has the skills to keep Maidana at bay and stay out of trouble, but for how long? Maidana can take head shots all day, but not body shots...who can? Will Paulie utilize body work to come out on top? Does he have enough power to do what Khan did when he dropped Maidana with those body shots?

Of course Paulie fought great fighters and took their best shots...in the past. Yeah he took Cotto, Hatton, and Khan's best punches...but he was stopped 2 out of those 3 fights...let's not forget that part. Cotto had decent speed, Hatton didn't have much, and Khan had quick hands...so I can average Paulie getting hit with some of Maidana's shots...hopefully not the wrong ones.

There are a lot of things that remain to be seen in this fight, but we cant use the old Paulie to answer those question...he's clearly not exactly the same guy anymore.

True, Paulie may not be the same, but i think he still has a high skill level, and if an old, one-eyed Moralles can almost get a decision, then its definitely possible for Paulie to get a decison. His good chin is his greatest asset imo, its essential for him to win ANY fight, cos you know he aint sparking dudes... Also, i think he could have quite easily made the bell in the Hatton and Khan fights, he just wasn't being effective enough with his offence to warrant the ref letting it continue, but the stoppages weren't down to chin issues, he just got hit way too much and the ref called it. Both Hatton and Khan had a distinct speed advantage over Maidana, so Paulie's other asset, "speed" was taken away somewhat in those fights. IMO, that's why he got hit so much, take away the speed and he just won't get hit as often. Maidana will need to get a LOT better at cutting the ring off if he wants to beat Paulie imo, i can see him getting real frustrated and missing many wild swings. Khan ran for the last 2 rounds and Maidana couldn't cut him off or corner him, Moralles was able to skip away whenever he felt the pressure getting on him, and his vision was impaired. So long as the Magic Man doesn't get caught with some atomic punch, I think he gets a wider than expected UD...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Nov 3 2011, 12:24 PM) *
True, Paulie may not be the same, but i think he still has a high skill level, and if an old, one-eyed Moralles can almost get a decision, then its definitely possible for Paulie to get a decison. His good chin is his greatest asset imo, its essential for him to win ANY fight, cos you know he aint sparking dudes... Also, i think he could have quite easily made the bell in the Hatton and Khan fights, he just wasn't being effective enough with his offence to warrant the ref letting it continue, but the stoppages weren't down to chin issues, he just got hit way too much and the ref called it. Both Hatton and Khan had a distinct speed advantage over Maidana, so Paulie's other asset, "speed" was taken away somewhat in those fights. IMO, that's why he got hit so much, take away the speed and he just won't get hit as often. Maidana will need to get a LOT better at cutting the ring off if he wants to beat Paulie imo, i can see him getting real frustrated and missing many wild swings. Khan ran for the last 2 rounds and Maidana couldn't cut him off or corner him, Moralles was able to skip away whenever he felt the pressure getting on him, and his vision was impaired. So long as the Magic Man doesn't get caught with some atomic punch, I think he gets a wider than expected UD...

Yeah we will definitely have to see about this one. Paulie's biggest mistake would be to get too excited in knowing that he can pretty much hit Maidana whenever he pleases. If Lora's slow ass caught him with a good punch, then who's to say that Marcos cant. I believe Paulie can make it through this one, but at the same time, as fans, we dont want to see a dull fight either.
checkleft
I get where you guys are coming from but I just don't think Paulie is that good against these kind of brawling/pressure fighters. Cotto was never as big a puncher as maidana, and cmon Ricky hatton? I hope we aren't comparing maidana to hatton? I like Paulie, that's why I would have rather seen him fight alexander shit he probably would take a decision against mathysse or morales too, but maidana is too strong. And everybody makes a big deal about the morales fight I truly think maidana thought past that fight and thought morales was gonna look his age. Whether its true or not idk but that's what it looked like. Paulie will make it long but I still think he gets stopped
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Yeah we will definitely have to see about this one. Paulie's biggest mistake would be to get too excited in knowing that he can pretty much hit Maidana whenever he pleases. If Lora's slow ass caught him with a good punch, then who's to say that Marcos cant. I believe Paulie can make it through this one, but at the same time, as fans, we dont want to see a dull fight either.

Not to mention, Paulie knows he's gonna be in there w/ a guy who can possibly stop him. He'll be less likely to engage, especially later on. That doesn't bode well for a guy w/ 6 KOs in 34 fights. I think he can make it the finish line, but I just doubt he'll be the first one that crosses.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Hatton was better than Maidana. Hatton had better footwork and handspeed than Maidana. Maidana right now wouldn't even be competitive with the Kostya Tszyu of 05.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 3 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Hatton was better than Maidana. Hatton had better footwork and handspeed than Maidana. Maidana right now wouldn't even be competitive with the Kostya Tszyu of 05.

Maidana isn't fighting Hatton. He doesn't have to be competitive w/ Tszyu, he just needs to be better than Paulie.

We all know better than to use the "Fighter A, lost to Fighter B, Fighter B lost to Fighter C, therefore, Fighter C will beat Fighter A" line of thinking.
Cshel86
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 3 2011, 02:46 PM) *

I disagree! I cant even give Hatton the edge over Maidana, though he's an animal himself. Hatton had the better footwork, hands down. We all know Maidana is as flat-footed as a platypus, but I dont really see him losing to the '05 Tszyu...a prime Tszyu yes, but the '05 one...no!
checkleft
Who hatton or maidana?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 01:54 PM) *
I disagree! I cant even give Hatton the edge over Maidana, though he's an animal himself. Hatton had the better footwork, hands down. We all know Maidana is as flat-footed as a platypus, but I dont really see him losing to the '05 Tszyu...a prime Tszyu yes, but the '05 one...no!

What's more, who's willing to bet Hatton wouldn't be able to push around Maidana at will (raising my hand like Arnold Horshack)? Hatton, a tough customer no doubt, was more effective against guys who weren't comfortable being crowded. Maidana, IMO, would've been like, "cool. Less real estate for me to cover."

Again, I'm not making Maidana out to be a world beater, but I think some are overestimating Paulie, while simultaneously, discarding Marcos.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2011, 03:06 PM) *
Who hatton or maidana?

I meant to say that Maidana wouldn't lose to an '05 Kostya Tszyu. Just my thoughts...

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 3 2011, 03:13 PM) *
What's more, who's willing to bet Hatton wouldn't be able to push around Maidana at will (raising my hand like Arnold Horshack)? Hatton, a tough customer no doubt, was more effective against guys who weren't comfortable being crowded. Maidana, IMO, would've been like, "cool. Less real estate for me to cover."
Again, I'm not making Maidana out to be a world beater, but I think some are overestimating Paulie, while simultaneously, discarding Marcos.

Exactly! Im not trying to make him out to be a world beater either, but this dude seems to be this fuckin' mental disease to his opponents when the fight starts. Man he took all of Ortiz's shit, and left Ortiz with his dick in the dirt. El Terrible had some great rounds against Maidana and he put it in my mind that he was back to compete, but Maidana came out swinging like a mad man in those last two rounds, then he almost ruined Khan's little Hello Kitty plans in the 10th round after being dropped once and getting peppered the whole fight.

Maidana is something of a freak in the ring, and I dont believe that for one second, that Hatton would've been able to put up with his shit for 12 rounds, there's just no way. Ricky would've brought the fight to him, no doubt, but I just cant see him finishing the fight in one piece. If this was 2 or 3 years ago, I would've had Paulie winning this one with ease, but nowadays Paulie isn't looking all that great, but he executes his gameplans well for somebody with no power.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 02:36 PM) *
I meant to say that Maidana wouldn't lose to an '05 Kostya Tszyu. Just my thoughts...

Exactly! Im not trying to make him out to be a world beater either, but this dude seems to be this fuckin' mental disease to his opponents when the fight starts. Man he took all of Ortiz's shit, and left Ortiz with his dick in the dirt. El Terrible had some great rounds against Maidana and he put it in my mind that he was back to compete, but Maidana came out swinging like a mad man in those last two rounds, then he almost ruined Khan's little Hello Kitty plans in the 10th round after being dropped once and getting peppered the whole fight.

Maidana is something of a freak in the ring, and I dont believe that for one second, that Hatton would've been able to put up with his shit for 12 rounds, there's just no way. Ricky would've brought the fight to him, no doubt, but I just cant see him finishing the fight in one piece. If this was 2 or 3 years ago, I would've had Paulie winning this one with ease, but nowadays Paulie isn't looking all that great, but he executes his gameplans well for somebody with no power.

To quote Arthur Fonzarelli, "correct-a-mundo!". Ricky would've definitely brought the fight to Marcos and that would work, if it weren't for the simple fact of that being Marcos' preferred situation. Plus, I think Ricky was too willing to eat leather back then and I think that Marcos would've caught him w/ some good shots. I mean, it's not like Marcos' cardio is Bertoesque. I dunno, I think had that fight came to fruition, it would've been a barn burner, that's for sure.

As far as Paulie, you're right, the guy's skills are no joke, but when I think of Paulie, I think of an Italian Ivan Calderon. Very good boxer, w/ ZERO pop. It's not if, but when, will he meet someone that can "off" his "on" switch.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 3 2011, 04:09 PM) *
To quote Arthur Fonzarelli, "correct-a-mundo!". Ricky would've definitely brought the fight to Marcos and that would work, if it weren't for the simple fact of that being Marcos' preferred situation. Plus, I think Ricky was too willing to eat leather back then and I think that Marcos would've caught him w/ some good shots. I mean, it's not like Marcos' cardio is Bertoesque. I dunno, I think had that fight came to fruition, it would've been a barn burner, that's for sure.

As far as Paulie, you're right, the guy's skills are no joke, but when I think of Paulie, I think of an Italian Ivan Calderon. Very good boxer, w/ ZERO pop. It's not if, but when, will he meet someone that can "off" his "on" switch.

Hatton didn't mind eating leather anyhow. His foot movement was crazy, but he used to come forward in straight lines...bad move. I think Maidana would just be happy to be in a brawl, and so would Hatton, but yeah, Hatton would've been left with the smoking gun in this one. Maidana doesn't mind eating leather either, but he makes the guy pay for it...first mentally, then physically. Cant wait to see Maidana/Guerrero one day, soon hopefully.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
You truly believe Marcos Maidana beats Kostya Tszyu in 2005? You realize that's the same Tszyu that was reinvigorated coming off a huge win over Sharmba Mitchell, a fight Mitchell was favored in. There is no shot in hell Tszyu of 05 loses to Maidana. Hell, Chop Chop Corley from 04/05 beats Maidana hands down. Cmon now, Corley was putting hands on Maidana just last year and won 4/5 rounds. Maidana nearly was taken out in one by Khan, and was dominated until the 10th round. Maidana basically got beat by an old shop worn Erik Morales just last year. Granted, it was really impressive he made Ortiz quit, but he was still on the floor three times. This dude beats Tszyu of 05, really? This dude is not on Hatton's level. Hatton had better hand speed, better footwork, and a better body attack. Maidana wouldn't hit Hatton with anything he couldn't see. Hatton had trouble with fast fighters, like Collazo, Pac, and Mayweather. Maidana doesn't have the speed to keep up with Ricky's workrate.

On top of that, yes Malignaggi was stopped by Hatton. However, McGirt stopped the match against Paulie's wishes and Paulie was never hurt in that fight. He was never down or anything like that. He fought the wrong fight against Hatton, but credit to Hatton for walking him down and dominating him like that. I don't care if he has pop, he has the footwork and speed to give Maidana fits all night. Maidana will plod forward and not cut the ring off. The jab will be in his face all night, and by the time he's ready to set his feet and punch, Paulie won't be there.
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 3 2011, 02:13 PM) *

Good post.

So the consensus is maidana. This is a bad match for Paulie

And I was gonna go to the guerrero maidana fight, I was pissed when it got cancelled. Guerrero looked very good against katsidids and maidana.. well maidana just makes any fight interesting. That fight better still happen
Slumpage
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 3 2011, 05:01 PM) *
On top of that, yes Malignaggi was stopped by Hatton. However, McGirt stopped the match against Paulie's wishes and Paulie was never hurt in that fight. He was never down or anything like that. He fought the wrong fight against Hatton, but credit to Hatton for walking him down and dominating him like that. I don't care if he has pop, he has the footwork and speed to give Maidana fits all night. Maidana will plod forward and not cut the ring off. The jab will be in his face all night, and by the time he's ready to set his feet and punch, Paulie won't be there.

This pretty much echoes my thoughts on what will happen between Paulie and Maidana.. I think Magic Man is gonna shock some folks in this one... If he EVER hurts Maidana, well then i'll be shocked too...
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 3 2011, 03:36 PM) *

Ricky would've boxed Maidana's ears off. He would beat him the same way he beat Juan Urango, people forget that Ricky could box and they remember hisknockout loss to Pacman.
Seek
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 2 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Dude, Paulie made the adjustments and was barley touched in the 2nd fight. Besides one round, Malignaggi controlled the fight. I didn't say he wasn't going to get hit. He has a good chin and can take the shots. Honestly, Juan Diaz at 135/140 is a better fighter than Marcos Maidana. Diaz went tooth and nail with Marquez in 09, and was a legitimate lightweight champion. Pacquiao didn't want to fight him when he went up to 135, he took on David Diaz instead. You are severely underrating Juan Diaz and how good he was. Diaz had deceptive speed, and Maidana just walks right in. He's not quick and only has some power. Seriously, when Chop Chop Corley is putting hands on a fighter at this stage, you're not at the elite level. Morales practically beat him, and he's old and slow.

Malignaggi also took Khan's best shots not too long ago either. Ya'll are going to be surprised when Paulie takes those shots and continues to box circles around this dude. Maidana has nowhere near the speed of Paulie, and Paulie has the reach. He'll use those legs to get out of harms way, and keep a stiff jab in Maidana's face.

Maidana made Ortiz quit and nearly stopped Amir Khan. People give Maidana too much shit about his close fight with Morales. Morales will give anyone a tough time at 140. Paulie's pitty pat punches aren't going to keep Maidana off of him. At some point he is going to have to sit down and gain Maidana's respect. Even if he runs all night, Maidana is more than quick enough on his feet and with his hands to land big. He comes in with a hard jab and is more clever than people give him credit for. I'll be seriously dissappointed in Maidana if he doesn't win this one
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I'm not giving him too much shit for his fight with Morales. I'm giving him a ton of shit for losing 5 rounds and being touched up by an extremly washed up DeMarcus Corley in 2010. Yea, he caught a weak chinned Khan with a big shot, but he was dominated up until that point.

Morales gives anybody a tough fight at 140? Are you out of your fucking mind? Have you seen Morales the last four years? This dude went life and death with David Diaz at lightweight. Jose Alfaro and Francisco Lorenzo were landing at will and taking rounds from him. Even that dude in his last fight, who hadn't even fought anybody with a winning record, was easily landing on Morales and taking rounds. You can't possibly be serious if you think Morales gives fighters like Khan, Bradley, or even Peterson problems at this point. Maidana is not quick on his feet at all. Sure, maybe he's quick enough to keep up with a slow old Erik Morales, but cmon now...Paulie will easily outclass this dude. He's faster on his feet and has much faster hands.
Seek
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Nov 4 2011, 12:39 PM) *
I'm not giving him too much shit for his fight with Morales. I'm giving him a ton of shit for losing 5 rounds and being touched up by an extremly washed up DeMarcus Corley in 2010. Yea, he caught a weak chinned Khan with a big shot, but he was dominated up until that point.

Morales gives anybody a tough fight at 140? Are you out of your fucking mind? Have you seen Morales the last four years? This dude went life and death with David Diaz at lightweight. Jose Alfaro and Francisco Lorenzo were landing at will and taking rounds from him. Even that dude in his last fight, who hadn't even fought anybody with a winning record, was easily landing on Morales and taking rounds. You can't possibly be serious if you think Morales gives fighters like Khan, Bradley, or even Peterson problems at this point. Maidana is not quick on his feet at all. Sure, maybe he's quick enough to keep up with a slow old Erik Morales, but cmon now...Paulie will easily outclass this dude. He's faster on his feet and has much faster hands.

Khan has all the advantages to stop Morales but Bradley doesn't have much advantages other than age and his big ass head and may never achieve the status of El Terrible in his entire career. Morales can still box and would kick Paulie's ass. Paulie could hardly keep the last guy he fought off of him. Eating right hands all night. I like Paulie too man but he is no threat and if he doesn't jump on his bike for every round vs Maidana then he is asking for a retirement party after the fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 4 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Ricky would've boxed Maidana's ears off. He would beat him the same way he beat Juan Urango, people forget that Ricky could box and they remember hisknockout loss to Pacman.

Who cant beat Urango? Dude's built like he lifts F-150s, he squares up directly with opponents in the ring, and he's slow as hell. If people forget that you can box, then thats a problem...Im sure Hatton also forgot that he could box as well. He was getting away with lunging, mauling, and swinging wild for the longest...maybe that contributed to it.

I didn't see him boxing against Floyd, and he never got a chance to scratch his own ass against Pac. Maybe if he would've reverted to boxing (if it hasn't been that long), then maybe he would've lasted a bit longer. No one can question his inside work and those wild body shots that bend guys over, but Floyd beat him at his own game and Pac just beat him to death...I thought he was dead in the ring. Like I mentioned earlier, Hatton will bring the fight to Maidana, but Ricky wont be able to put up with Maidana shit for a full 12 rounds.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2011, 01:04 PM) *
Who cant beat Urango? Dude's built like he lifts F-150s, he squares up directly with opponents in the ring, and he's slow as hell. If people forget that you can box, then thats a problem...Im sure Hatton also forgot that he could box as well. He was getting away with lunging, mauling, and swinging wild for the longest...maybe that contributed to it.

I didn't see him boxing against Floyd, and he never got a chance to scratch his own ass against Pac. Maybe if he would've reverted to boxing (if it hasn't been that long), then maybe he would've lasted a bit longer. No one can question his inside work and those wild body shots that bend guys over, but Floyd beat him at his own game and Pac just beat him to death...I thought he was dead in the ring. Like I mentioned earlier, Hatton will bring the fight to Maidana, but Ricky wont be able to put up with Maidana shit for a full 12 rounds.

A bunch of guys can't beat Urango including Randall Bailey who got tkoed, and who I believe is scheduled to fight Berto. Just cause Urango lost to Berto at 147 and got caught witha good punch against Devon doesn't make him a shit fighter. Urango is stronger and more technically solid than Maidana. Maidana's fame came because of the Ortiz fight. He almopst got kncoked out against Khan and he had aclose fight against ancient Morales ,which I thought was a draw. Victor should've knocked him out and he was saved by the bell I remember with that shot that put him down against Khan. Saying that Maidana beats Hatton because Hatton lost to Mayweather and got knocked out by Pacman now I guess has more leverage but you take these two fights awaya dn Ricky would box Maidana's ears off and hugg on him when he gets close ala Urango and Maidana doesn't throw murderous body shots like Urango either.
Cshel86
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 4 2011, 01:53 PM) *
A bunch of guys can't beat Urango including Randall Bailey who got tkoed, and who I believe is scheduled to fight Berto. Just cause Urango lost to Berto at 147 and got caught witha good punch against Devon doesn't make him a shit fighter. Urango is stronger and more technically solid than Maidana. Maidana's fame came because of the Ortiz fight. He almopst got kncoked out against Khan and he had aclose fight against ancient Morales ,which I thought was a draw. Victor should've knocked him out and he was saved by the bell I remember with that shot that put him down against Khan. Saying that Maidana beats Hatton because Hatton lost to Mayweather and got knocked out by Pacman now I guess has more leverage but you take these two fights awaya dn Ricky would box Maidana's ears off and hugg on him when he gets close ala Urango and Maidana doesn't throw murderous body shots like Urango either.

Well Berto's fight agaonst Urango was a stinker...he should've never fought at WW. Alexander's win was a big deal because of the he ended it and the fact Urango had never been knocked out before...but the fight wasn't all that great. So I agreed with you on those fights, but I STILL think Hatton would've lost to Maidana, and I agree with you for disagreeing with me bringing up the Mayweather and Pacquiao losses.

My point with that is, it seemed that Hatton got comfortable with lunging at guys at guys and mauling them, instead of boxing (if he ever could). After his first loss, he didn't look too comfortable in his next two fights, in which he implemented more boxing techniques and some type of defense, but he when in trouble (in the Pac fight), he reverted right back to what he knows best and it led to his demise. His mind is all offense and no defense, same as Maidana, but I just feel that Maidana would outlast Hatton if they were to ever have stepped in the ring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.