Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather vs. Radio Host
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Box in Hand
Here is a radio interview where the radio host tries to take Floyd to task about not fighting Pacquaio. Kind of reminds me of the interview I posted several months ago where that rapper battled with Floyd. My take is the that the radio host was over the line and I'm wondering when people are gonna start taking Pacquiao to task just as hard as they do Mayweather??? Pacquiao is constantly putting fighters at disadvantages and his growth in weight without loss of speed needs to be examined just as feverishly as Floyd is questioned if not more.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vide...wFVuubxau5Bjp21

checkleft
See here's the thing.. some people, to get attention and feel included, follow most bull shit that the media puts out there. In the forms of ESPN analysts who know little to less than nothing, or admittedly don't even watch boxing, or radio hosts who just want attention to drive some ratings. The truth is both are at fault. Instead of actually educating themselves on the art of boxing and formulating their own opinions people go by what the media puts out. In my head the real villains would have to be the pac side, though I do place blame on mayweather as well, something like 60/40-65/35.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
So sad...Floyd is so insecure and comes across as sounding like 16 year old girl here. Calling a radio show cause he doesn't like what they said, pulling the race card, and rambling about nothing. It's sad and this dude will end up broke in 10 years guaranteed. Loved how the radio host called him out for not making weight against Marquez. Dude works at a radio station, but at least he'll have a job in 10 years unlike this punk.
checkleft
Mayweather needs someone to baby sit him. He should not be calling into shows like this, but he likes being controversial so idk...But the host didn't know much about boxing either, calling him out for fighting marquez, de la hoya, and hatton?.. pacquiaos fighting an older marquez now, fought a drained older de la hoya, and a mentally broken hatton with a new trainer.
DubC
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2011, 10:01 PM) *
See here's the thing.. some people, to get attention and feel included, follow most bull shit that the media puts out there. In the forms of ESPN analysts who know little to less than nothing, or admittedly don't even watch boxing, or radio hosts who just want attention to drive some ratings. The truth is both are at fault. Instead of actually educating themselves on the art of boxing and formulating their own opinions people go by what the media puts out.

This.These fucking sheep out there listen to what is going on in the mainstream instead of doing their own research and finding out what really happened. Ben needs to send that douchebag the timeline he posted with the FACTS. Dude can youtube Freddie Roach's comments if he wants to find out who's cherry picking...

Roach: "Shanes too big, we can't fight him" Shane looks like absolute shot shit for 3 fights, and then they take the fight...

Bring a fighter down to 147 who hasn't been that low in like 8 years or something, and whoop his weight drained ass (ODLH)

Weight drained an already shot Margs...

This shit is just annoying..

I like both fighters, love to see Paq do his thing in the ring...But I want to see some live competition...Arum has got his plan laid out...Wish Manny would dump that scumbag and do his own fights, it would be better off for his legacy and financially
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea, the guy didn't know shit, but that's no excuse to look like a jackass on the radio. When you're in the spotlight, everybody has an opinion good or bad. It just looks like a teenage temper tantrum when he does stuff like this.
Jack 1000
It's rants like these that I think make people hate him so much. Some of the things I agree with the announcer on, like Floyd playing the race card when there is no evidence of it. But I don't think Floyd is a boring fighter. I think his dominance has to count for something, so I agree with Floyd on that. So many people want fighters with tactical boxing styles to be like Gatti or something similar. But that's just not their style. Whitaker, Jones, even Ali had some clunker fights throughout their careers. But that's not their fault. Fighters should not be penalized, just because they choose not to adapt a brawling style.

The reason for these rants is Floyd does not have articulate communication skills in confrontational situations. Combine this with so many people hating him as a person, he does not know how to speak articulately when he is criticized or confronted. And that's why he goes off on these rant tangents. When people don't like you as a person, and you don't have the social skills needed to accept criticism, many people will become defense. And that's not always a race related issue. When your great at what you do, but hated for how you do it, and are constantly belittled, it is natural to go off on a rage and a tangent.

And I think the barrier that Floyd does not understand is why people hate him? He thinks, "What the fuck do I have to do to get respect?" There's nothing funny or fun or likable about Floyd outside the ring to most boxing and casual people to get them to respect him. And this is just my opinion, but I think that if you can't get that respect from people as a person, the craft or work that you do, will never be fully appreciated. Floyd can't get that respect as a person from the public, so most everything he says or does outside the ring is a rant, occasionally something unlawful, or something unethical.

I think Floyd would do better by fighting more often than once a year, and doing some good stuff for people and communities. Give to charities, distribute turkeys on Thanksgiving to needy families. Tyson humbled up after retirement, and maybe after retirement for Floyd, we might see a gentler side. I think Floyd just hangs around with too many punk-ass type people. Judah used to do the same things, but than he changed his life around. Floyd might be able to do that, but not until retirement.

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2011, 11:29 PM) *
Mayweather needs someone to baby sit him. He should not be calling into shows like this, but he likes being controversial so idk...But the host didn't know much about boxing either, calling him out for fighting marquez, de la hoya, and hatton?.. pacquiaos fighting an older marquez now, fought a drained older de la hoya, and a mentally broken hatton with a new trainer.

+1

The host did say some things that did not make much sense as well.

Jack
Aware
Man I wish Floyd was articulate, so he could dissect this stupid muthafucka's lame arguments. Didn't that one radio host RA the whatever man keep on saying he would never fight Shane Mosley and that was his main sticking point. It's hard to be a genius in world filled with fucking idiots and Mayweather is suffering the fallout. The fact is many people DO hate Mayweather because he's black whether subconsciously or not. Funny thing is (white) people probably hated Ali more.
DubC
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 3 2011, 11:04 PM) *
It's rants like these that I think make people hate him so much. Some of the things I agree with the announcer on, like Floyd playing the race card when there is no evidence of it. But I don't think Floyd is a boring fighter. I think his dominance has to count for something, so I agree with Floyd on that. So many people want fighters with tactical boxing styles to be like Gatti or something similar. But that's just not their style. Whitaker, Jones, even Ali had some clunker fights throughout their careers. But that's not their fault. Fighters should not be penalized, just because they choose not to adapt a brawling style.

The reason for these rants is Floyd does not have articulate communication skills in confrontational situations. Combine this with so many people hating him as a person, he does not know how to speak articulately when he is criticized or confronted. And that's why he goes off on these rant tangents. When people don't like you as a person, and you don't have the social skills needed to accept criticism, many people will become defense. And that's not always a race related issue. When your great at what you do, but hated for how you do it, and are constantly belittled, it is natural to go off on a rage and a tangent.

And I think the barrier that Floyd does not understand is why people hate him? He thinks, "What the fuck do I have to do to get respect?" There's nothing funny or fun or likable about Floyd outside the ring to most boxing and casual people to get them to respect him. And this is just my opinion, but I think that if you can't get that respect from people as a person, the craft or work that you do, will never be fully appreciated. Floyd can't get that respect as a person from the public, so most everything he says or does outside the ring is a rant, occasionally something unlawful, or something unethical.

I think Floyd would do better by fighting more often than once a year, and doing some good stuff for people and communities. Give to charities, distribute turkeys on Thanksgiving to needy families. Tyson humbled up after retirement, and maybe after retirement for Floyd, we might see a gentler side. I think Floyd just hangs around with too many punk-ass type people. Judah used to do the same things, but than he changed his life around. Floyd might be able to do that, but not until retirement.

Jack

Well said!
HazConvictedFelonMane
Skip Bayless gets on my nerves. Contact him and ask him why is it Bob Arum stalling the fight, if Mayweather's afraid? He takes what Bob Arum says on face value without any kind of further dissection. As far as Rude Jude is concerned, he better watch out because Floyd would punch his fucking head in. Talking crazy to a guy who kicks ass for a living is a great way to get yourself a new set of teeth. TRICK!
pesticid
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 4 2011, 01:04 AM) *

Jack

Great post!
Like you said Floyd's not articulate enough to handle criticism and the problem is that he believes that he is. That's why he calls the radio stations. His first thought is probably that he would call the radio and shut up the radio host and then he gets owned by someone like RA the Rugged Man, who actually has a lot of boxing knowledge. Floyd should let someone speak for himself like Pacquiao does.
leonthegee
rude jude is just a radio personality. anybody that listens to shade 45 knows that rude jude is never wrong in his eyes, especially on his show. rude jude is a simple minded fucker.
mgrover
haha google me, shit like this cracks me up, id love someone to do to the same to bob arum, a lot of the stuff is inaccurate but still gotta admit funny as shit.
Cshel86
That was just dumb for Floyd to even call the radio station in the first place, then he tried to put the dude in his place on his own station...fail. That's like going into somebody's house and trying to put them in their place...it just wont happen. He needs to lean on Ellerbe to do the talking for him, and stop with this mob persona that he's living by. "If you violate, then we'll demonstrate"??? C'mon man, thats straight up mafia stuff bro (like BMF here in Atlanta).

Though he did himself some injustice by calling on his own, I do wish that the public would put some of the same heat on Bob Arum for not making the fight happen, since Pacquiao has been more than likely told not to speak on it. But guess what?...the public doesn't know as much as we know about the negotiations, so they take Arum's word for it and puts the pressure on Floyd. At this point, we cant even say that Floyd is ducking anymore, the ball is officially in Arum's court.

Now Floyd HAS to win the fight, and he better win it convincingly (by way of shut out or KO). When he responds to jackasses like this and goes on rants, the pressure just builds and builds. God forbid, he happens to lose the fight...this heat that he's been catching for the past 2 years is merely foreplay, compared to the shit that he will have to deal with if he loses. For the record, Pac has done himself no favors by fighting these guys that have clearly been placed at a disadvantage when they signed to fight him. So yes, I believe Floyd will beat him...but he needs to stop taking L's (losses) by doing dumb shit like this.
MaxPayne
I think what Floyd said wasn't exactly ideal, but at the same time, let's keep it 100: Rude Jude is a hoe ass bitch who has made a career out of being an antagonizing sort on the radio. Floyd should not have used the slur he used, but at the same time, Jude had it coming with the bitchassness he was exhibiting.

Also, for anyone who might take extra offense to Floyd's incendiary comments, give the guy a break. You and I go to an office and sit in front of a computer for a living. He gets punched in the face for a living. Huge difference. Lay off.
pesticid
What did Floyd say?
YOu know what I don't even care, I know Toney is a racist mofo but I still love to watch him fight
Hotsauce
i don' t understand how floyd is so calm and collected in the ring but is out of control outside the ring.
checkleft
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 4 2011, 11:59 AM) *
i don' t understand how floyd is so calm and collected in the ring but is out of control outside the ring.

Seriously, Me either.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 4 2011, 11:05 AM) *
Seriously, Me either.

dude is mentally strong inside the ring and mentally weak outside the ring
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 4 2011, 12:13 PM) *
dude is mentally strong inside the ring and mentally weak outside the ring

Mentally weak? I doubt it. Coasting down "mentally weak hwy" not knowing that bumper to bumper traffic is ahead? Yes. Can you blame him though? I mean dang, life has got to suck, when the blame for the biggest fight in boxing history not happening is placed on your shouders...that's got to be the worse feeling in the world. This guy only made one demand for this fight, and dumb non-boxing watching folks are screaming "forget the test, just fight"...which is the dumbest mess I've ever heard.

It sucks when the world refuses to turn to Arum and start asking him some serious ass questions, and his fighter (Pacquiao) catches no heat for any of this. Hopefully some of these folks know that it takes negotiations involve more than one person/side. That radio host is an ass for real, for him to say that Pacquiao has been blasting through his opponents, goes to show you that he has the slightest clue about the condition these guys were in or what they signed for.

Anyway, if FMJ didn't make any demands as far as negotiations, he would probably be signing up to come in at 140lbs and not be able to rehydrate past 144lbs, fighting with 8 oz gloves in a small ring, and be penalized for using his straight right laugh.gif Man I tell ya...Manny has been getting away with fighting jacked up opponents for the past 3 years, and those idiots have been signing for it. Nobody complains about how his team makes these stupid demands for these fights to even take place.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2011, 11:36 AM) *
Mentally weak? I doubt it. Coasting down "mentally weak hwy" not knowing that bumper to bumper traffic is ahead? Yes. Can you blame him though? I mean dang, life has got to suck, when the blame for the biggest fight in boxing history not happening is placed on your shouders...that's got to be the worse feeling in the world. This guy only made one demand for this fight, and dumb non-boxing watching folks are screaming "forget the test, just fight"...which is the dumbest mess I've ever heard.

It sucks when the world refuses to turn to Arum and start asking him some serious ass questions, and his fighter (Pacquiao) catches no heat for any of this. Hopefully some of these folks know that it takes negotiations involve more than one person/side. That radio host is an ass for real, for him to say that Pacquiao has been blasting through his opponents, goes to show you that he has the slightest clue about the condition these guys were in or what they signed for.

Anyway, if FMJ didn't make any demands as far as negotiations, he would probably be signing up to come in at 140lbs and not be able to rehydrate past 144lbs, fighting with 8 oz gloves in a small ring, and be penalized for using his straight right laugh.gif Man I tell ya...Manny has been getting away with fighting jacked up opponents for the past 3 years, and those idiots have been signing for it. Nobody complains about how his team makes these stupid demands for these fights to even take place.

u right u right

if there were rumors that yo bitch has AIDS

would you still fuck that bitch?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 4 2011, 01:05 PM) *
u right u right

if there were rumors that yo bitch has AIDS

would you still fuck that bitch?

+1

laugh.gif

Tell me about it! If you asked for her to get tested and ended up hearing a bunch of BS, then thats when you just walk tha hell off! Some folks dont wanna look at it like this!
NathanJassi90
What a complete prick that radio host is. Don't know shit about boxing.

1. Mayweather beat Hatton when he was in his prime and undefeated.
2. Mayweather beat DLH after the coke head chose the weight and gloves.
3. Mayweather beat Mosley after he was coming off a great win against Margarito.
4. Pacquiao fights Mayweather's leftovers, period.

The radio host initiated the argument not Floyd. Just look at it from Floyd's point of view, he's beaten everyone in front of him, he's the best and yet a dumbass radio host still disrespects him. On top of that, the radio host doesn't know anything about boxing, who the fuck is Oscar De La Renta? Just look at the guys twitter, what a dick. People just dilute the facts and believe everything the media drills into them, they don't bother looking into a situation and forming a valid opinion based on facts.
caneman
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 4 2011, 01:09 AM) *
Man I wish Floyd was articulate, so he could dissect this stupid muthafucka's lame arguments. Didn't that one radio host RA the whatever man keep on saying he would never fight Shane Mosley and that was his main sticking point. It's hard to be a genius in world filled with fucking idiots and Mayweather is suffering the fallout. The fact is many people DO hate Mayweather because he's black whether subconsciously or not. Funny thing is (white) people probably hated Ali more.

I LOVE/LOVED Ali...they are totally different IMO! Ali fought the best and handled pressure inside and outside the ring. And wasn't so fast to go to the race card when he had the right too. FMJ wanted to be hated and it worked...kinda hard to turn back now. I really think these kinda interviews if you wanna call them that, brings out the real FMJ! It's a shame really!
Cshel86
QUOTE (NathanJassi90 @ Nov 4 2011, 02:01 PM) *
The radio host initiated the argument not Floyd.

I believe Floyd called the radio station on this one, which was dumb because he walked right into it. Honestly if I were him, I would've left it alone. There are several media outlets that say he's ducking, so there was no need to call in to address this situation.

At the end of the day, it still sucks that he is solely being blamed for the fight not happening, but getting into it with radio hosts and so forth, isn't helping his situation at all. Times like this, is when you are supposed to just chill out and spend your money...people are going to talk, regardless.

*I get your point though
caneman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2011, 01:41 PM) *
I believe Floyd called the radio station on this one, which was dumb because he walked right into it. Honestly if I were him, I would've left it alone. There are several media outlets that say he's ducking, so there was no need to call in to address this situation.

At the end of the day, it still sucks that he is solely being blamed for the fight not happening, but getting into it with radio hosts and so forth, isn't helping his situation at all. Times like this, is when you are supposed to just chill out and spend your money...people are going to talk, regardless.

*I get your point though

That so so true cause they both deserve blame for the fight not happening and I have to say they both do get blamed!!!! The fact is that the peeps taking sides is like the GOP vs The Democrats and as in politics them are equally guilty as fuck. And Arum just makes it worse so don't get me started on that fuck wad...@ least back in the day the best fought the best to make their $$$, now all you have to do is fight the biggest draw! It turned the sport I love into a circus and shit!!!! SMFH
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2011, 03:14 PM) *
That so so true cause they both deserve blame for the fight not happening and I have to say they both do get blamed!!!! The fact is that the peeps taking sides is like the GOP vs The Democrats and as in politics them are equally guilty as fuck. And Arum just makes it worse so don't get me started on that fuck wad...@ least back in the day the best fought the best to make their $$$, now all you have to do is fight the biggest draw! It turned the sport I love into a circus and shit!!!! SMFH

At times like this, I would hate to be FMJ. Arum has too much power to get harassed like Floyd did, but yet, Arum is smart enough not to engage in such matters as well. Im sure there would be some pending lawsuits, had that happened to Arum. You're right, this taking sides shit is ridiculously out of control nowadays! In regards to politics, Mayweather/Pacquiao negotiations shouldn't be allowed for discussion in certain places...the same as discussing politics, religion, sex/sexual orientation, etc.

Man, I've seen people at bars, the workplace, and so forth, almost comes to blows when discussing Mayweather/Pacquiao. The worst about it is, neither of the two fuckers ever know what they're talking about laugh.gif Its sickening man, Im telling you!...its almost worse than discussing political views. This "drawing power" shit has got out of hand, but I can understand the money side of it. Im telling you, I miss the De La Hoya/Mosley/Trinidad/Forrest/Vargas/Hopkins/Mayorga/Wright days of boxing. Those days of boxing died peacefully in its sleep years ago no2.gif
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2011, 02:37 PM) *
At times like this, I would hate to be FMJ. Arum has too much power to get harassed like Floyd did, but yet, Arum is smart enough not to engage in such matters as well. Im sure there would be some pending lawsuits, had that happened to Arum. You're right, this taking sides shit is ridiculously out of control nowadays! In regards to politics, Mayweather/Pacquiao negotiations shouldn't be allowed for discussion in certain places...the same as discussing politics, religion, sex/sexual orientation, etc.

Man, I've seen people at bars, the workplace, and so forth, almost comes to blows when discussing Mayweather/Pacquiao.
The worst about it is, neither of the two fuckers ever know what they're talking about laugh.gif Its sickening man, Im telling you!...its almost worse than discussing political views. This "drawing power" shit has got out of hand, but I can understand the money side of it. Im telling you, I miss the De La Hoya/Mosley/Trinidad/Forrest/Vargas/Hopkins/Mayorga/Wright days of boxing. Those days of boxing died peacefully in its sleep years ago no2.gif

LMAO im not getting into a fight over a floyd/manny arguement unless that person owes me money
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 4 2011, 12:29 PM) *
+1

laugh.gif

Tell me about it! If you asked for her to get tested and ended up hearing a bunch of BS, then thats when you just walk tha hell off! Some folks dont wanna look at it like this!

word

if yo bitch don't stutter and all of the sudden u ask her does she have aids and she starts stuttering and shit.

its time to go. its either yes or no.

don't sit there and explain that shit.

do you have aids? " um what? what are you talking about?, lets sit down and talk, do you want some water?"
EAlbian
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 4 2011, 03:15 AM) *
Skip Bayless gets on my nerves. Contact him and ask him why is it Bob Arum stalling the fight, if Mayweather's afraid? He takes what Bob Arum says on face value without any kind of further dissection. As far as Rude Jude is concerned, he better watch out because Floyd would punch his fucking head in. Talking crazy to a guy who kicks ass for a living is a great way to get yourself a new set of teeth. TRICK!

dude you are so hard

Its morons like you that give black people a bad name, you're a convicted felon for christ sake. you are calling out people on a public forum? leaving a trail to convict yourself again? making a tag name to brag about a felony wrap? do you not realize that you go to jail immediately if you step outta line again, you tagged for life son. get a clue and follow to suit, find an upstanding citizen and model your life after them. quit being a piece of trash and become a productive member of society. you're not hard. raise a family, get a good job, pay taxes, and try any produce offspring that is an improvement of yourself. that shits hard. not smoking blunts and toting a gun floating like a lump of crap through life.

If Floyd has learned anything he can't even gesture towards punching anyone outside of the ring without being willing to lose 6 figures in the process and the last couple years of his career.

This shit was dumb as hell, Floyd is retarded and it is no victory to beat him in an argument. He needs to find himself a Harvard Jew to handle his PR and let Mr. Potato head worry about the chest rubs and taking a face full while floyd's doing his situps.

I can't even get up for this shit anymore, i'm fucking tired. Arum is obviously the reason for the fight not happening, if you can't see this than you are either not informed or retarded. I don't get all my info from this site and i follow boxing with the best of them but the sport is killing its true fan base. Arum needs to die and Pac and May need to retire to fix this sport. Boxing is like the roman empire, it needs to fall into darkness to fix the corruption or at least allow a new regime to come along change it. I'm going to go and enjoy my 20's and quit worrying about boxing for awhile
caneman
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 4 2011, 03:58 PM) *
dude you are so hard

Its morons like you that give black people a bad name, you're a convicted felon for christ sake. you are calling out people on a public forum? leaving a trail to convict yourself again? making a tag name to brag about a felony wrap? do you not realize that you go to jail immediately if you step outta line again, you tagged for life son. get a clue and follow to suit, find an upstanding citizen and model your life after them. quit being a piece of trash and become a productive member of society. you're not hard. raise a family, get a good job, pay taxes, and try any produce offspring that is an improvement of yourself. that shits hard. not smoking blunts and toting a gun floating like a lump of crap through life.

If Floyd has learned anything he can't even gesture towards punching anyone outside of the ring without being willing to lose 6 figures in the process and the last couple years of his career.

This shit was dumb as hell, Floyd is retarded and it is no victory to beat him in an argument. He needs to find himself a Harvard Jew to handle his PR and let Mr. Potato head worry about the chest rubs and taking a face full while floyd's doing his situps.

I can't even get up for this shit anymore, i'm fucking tired. Arum is obviously the reason for the fight not happening, if you can't see this than you are either not informed or retarded. I don't get all my info from this site and i follow boxing with the best of them but the sport is killing its true fan base. Arum needs to die and Pac and May need to retire to fix this sport. Boxing is like the roman empire, it needs to fall into darkness to fix the corruption or at least allow a new regime to come along change it. I'm going to go and enjoy my 20's and quit worrying about boxing for awhile

LMFAO! I love it! Classic stuff right there.
Box in Hand
dude you are so hard

Wow, this might be an all time classic post right here.
Hotsauce
dude you are so hard

ETHER

word to nas
sTotheR
dude you are so hard

I feel like Ron Simmons right now

"Daaaaamn"
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2011, 04:59 PM) *
LMFAO! I love it! Classic stuff right there.

i concur
Antonio Tarver
Mayweather can't talk well at all. He is always getting owned and ends up looking dumb. Happened with Kenny several times also.

What happened to this place?
caneman
QUOTE (Antonio Tarver @ Nov 6 2011, 01:49 AM) *
Mayweather can't talk well at all. He is always getting owned and ends up looking dumb. Happened with Kenny several times also.

You know!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Antonio Tarver @ Nov 6 2011, 01:49 AM) *

+1

The confrontations with Brian Kenny are funny as hell and EDITED, but that radio bullshit is something that Floyd needs to stay away from.
caneman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 6 2011, 11:27 AM) *
+1

The confrontations with Brian Kenny are funny as hell and EDITED, but that radio bullshit is something that Floyd needs to stay away from.

I think FMJ needs to learn how to take corrective Criticism, look the fact is, he fights for money more than his legacy and he knows that some of what these guys saying to him is on the mark or he would handle these situations better than he does! Even his superfans know it or they'd be in here defending him like he does no wrong NO MATTER what as they always do! The fact is, it doesn't matter who we are, none of us are perfect and it's easy to be defensive about our own short comings and even 80% of the dander smokers SHOULD be able to admit this but just like the dander donor himself, they can't! lol Imagine that shit!?!?!
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 6 2011, 11:57 AM) *
I think FMJ needs to learn how to take corrective Criticism, look the fact is, he fights for money more than his legacy and he knows that some of what these guys saying to him is on the mark or he would handle these situations better than he does! Even his superfans know it or they'd be in here defending him like he does no wrong NO MATTER what as they always do! The fact is, it doesn't matter who we are, none of us are perfect and it's easy to be defensive about our own short comings and even 80% of the dander smokers SHOULD be able to admit this but just like the dander donor himself, they can't! lol Imagine that shit!?!?!

I agree. Honestly, at this point, I believe Floyd has done too much to fix things. People already have their minds made up about this dude and what he does...whether they are dander smokers or just have pure dislike/hate for this guy. So yeah, corrective criticism is out of the window for Floyd. Even if he says that he's only fighting for money (as he's stated on a few occasions), or he is fighting for his legacy (not true at this point)...people will still hate this guy. I cant say that he hasn't brought it on himself though...nobody can deny that as a fact.

I also agree with people getting defensive about their shortcomings...thats a fact within itself that needs no explanation. All I can say is, its too late FMJ to patch up anything thats already been put out there. He can soften up some of the blow by fighting Pacquiao, but that will happen when the time's right, I believe. He may have to fight Pac two or three times to shut people up, then the public will already have another fighter lined up for him. I remember you saying that Floyd chose to be the bad guy and he got what he wanted...absolutely correct...though he may have received more backlash than expected because of it.
WolfishPromistah
Did I understand on the latest 24/7 that Marquez and Pac are both going for extreme testing (blood tests and urine tests – before and after)? If so that is good. Testing them both may help take some heat off the issue surrounding Floyd specifically requesting the sort of thing for his fight against Pacquiao.

Pac may be just using the chance with JMM to sort of “ease” into disallowing the idea of test requests to hinder progress that rests on great fights being made. It'd be like, on the one hand, although he doesn't like being pushed to do it (blame it on fighter's pride, what have you), he is going to -- to clear the air, especially since he really wants to fight Floyd. It'd be like as if one has to stroke his ego to get him to do it -- is what I mean. But eventually he and Floyd will fight. If we're lucky the process will have a domino effect around the game. Let’s hope so.
NathanJassi90
At the end of the day, that radio host needs a beating. What has he achieved in his life to give him the right to disrespect Floyd like that? If I had heard about this guy dissing me on a radio show, I would have wanted to give him a call too myself. And for those who say Floyd was playing the race card, that's bullshit. Floyd said that black people are always treated differently, I agree. The same is true for hispanics, asians and other people of color. We are treated like second class citizens, always were and always will be. Anyway, just look at the pics on "rude judes" twitter. Basically sums him up. Nothing but a bitch.
Antonio Tarver
I think the most embarassing thing about all this was that Mayweather was saying "50 cent told me to call, fifty told me to call up".

What's the deal with Mayweather having a huge man crush on fifty? I think fifty got him to call up so he can have a laugh. He would have known how this was going to go down. Mayweather is just a terrible talker.
Allmenjoi8
May is sensitive. He got insulted by an ex Jenny Jones (remember her? Loved her show) employee. He should never had called that station. Rude Judd knows squat about boxing. But yet this guy is going to argue with him, all he had to say was "May 5th we will see." People love Pac, for whatever reason, maybe it is his singing, fighting style, love of country. Who knows. May needs to pick his battles, inside the ring and not out. Not only that but who the hell is Rude Judd? No one of importance in the boxing world. Now if it was Skip Bayless then I would just tell May to knock him out. Maybe that would loosen him up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Antonio Tarver @ Nov 7 2011, 04:35 PM) *
I think the most embarassing thing about all this was that Mayweather was saying "50 cent told me to call, fifty told me to call up".What's the deal with Mayweather having a huge man crush on fifty? I think fifty got him to call up so he can have a laugh. He would have known how this was going to go down. Mayweather is just a terrible talker.

Yeah I agree, smh. That was really a space cadet move on Floyd's part...I truly thought he learned his lesson with raido interviews/confrontations after the RA the Rugged Man incident a couple of years ago.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 8 2011, 12:24 AM) *
May is sensitive. He got insulted by an ex Jenny Jones (remember her? Loved her show) employee. He should never had called that station. Rude Judd knows squat about boxing. But yet this guy is going to argue with him, all he had to say was "May 5th we will see." People love Pac, for whatever reason, maybe it is his singing, fighting style, love of country. Who knows. May needs to pick his battles, inside the ring and not out. Not only that but who the hell is Rude Judd? No one of importance in the boxing world. Now if it was Skip Bayless then I would just tell May to knock him out. Maybe that would loosen him up.

If he was a better speaker, then this probably would've went down differently...well nevermind, Rude Jude is one of those "wet between the legs" kind of guys, so he would've made a scene anyway. I will say this until I take my last breath...it sucks that the media will always put the blame on Floyd, for the fight not happening. With that in my mind, he should steer clear of shit like this, where an attention whore of a radio host says shit about him and hopes that he calls to confront him, then the host knows nothing about the sport (other than what he's heard from the media). Bad move on Floyd's part though...
caneman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 09:39 AM) *
Yeah I agree, smh. That was really a space cadet move on Floyd's part...I truly thought he learned his lesson with raido interviews/confrontations after the RA the Rugged Man incident a couple of years ago.

If he was a better speaker, then this probably would've went down differently...well nevermind, Rude Jude is one of those "wet between the legs" kind of guys, so he would've made a scene anyway. I will say this until I take my last breath...it sucks that the media will always put the blame on Floyd, for the fight not happening. With that in my mind, he should steer clear of shit like this, where an attention whore of a radio host says shit about him and hopes that he calls to confront him, then the host knows nothing about the sport (other than what he's heard from the media). Bad move on Floyd's part though...

I don't think the media or anyone else should blame just FMJ for the fight not happening, it's becoming clearer and clearer that this is because of FMJ and Arum always feeling the need to poke each other with a stick. Yea the 2 have a history, no doubt but the whole thing has gotten outta control and both guys need to stop this crap of doing things just to get a reaction from the other guy...it's childish and it's total bullshit.

As far as FMJ and his getting roasted on these talk shows, he might wanna confront that with some professional help, I mean things are great in interviews as long as someone is kissing his ass but the second someone isn't he goes off the deep end. And another thing, I just seen a video of him on BET and he keeps going on and on about Pacman going from 106 up to where he is now but Pac was 17 @ the time! Newflash, when FMJ was 17 guess what weight class he was fighting in? Yep 106 roughly.
He has a thing about Pac possibly be anywhere near as good as him so he tries to degrade Pac by saying he uses and posting videos on his facebook of Pac beat whatever it was...15 years ago? lmao
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 08:59 AM) *
I don't think the media or anyone else should blame just FMJ for the fight not happening, it's becoming clearer and clearer that this is because of FMJ and Arum always feeling the need to poke each other with a stick. Yea the 2 have a history, no doubt but the whole thing has gotten outta control and both guys need to stop this crap of doing things just to get a reaction from the other guy...it's childish and it's total bullshit.

As far as FMJ and his getting roasted on these talk shows, he might wanna confront that with some professional help, I mean things are great in interviews as long as someone is kissing his ass but the second someone isn't he goes off the deep end. And another thing, I just seen a video of him on BET and he keeps going on and on about Pacman going from 106 up to where he is now but Pac was 17 @ the time! Newflash, when FMJ was 17 guess what weight class he was fighting in? Yep 106 roughly.
He has a thing about Pac possibly be anywhere near as good as him so he tries to degrade Pac by saying he uses and posting videos on his facebook of Pac beat whatever it was...15 years ago? lmao

Yeah you're right...its both sides. Nothing wrong with professional help, but some guys think they can do it on their own, so things like this happen. I haven't seen that BET interview yet (post it if you can), but Im sure he said the same thing he usually says (as you mentioned). Its very obvious that both sides are playing tennis with the negotiations...hopefully the public sees it that way. Hell, Arum's the godfather of the boxing industry at this point, so I dont believe many will even put up a fight about him messing up the negotiations.
caneman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 10:53 AM) *
Yeah you're right...its both sides. Nothing wrong with professional help, but some guys think they can do it on their own, so things like this happen. I haven't seen that BET interview yet (post it if you can), but Im sure he said the same thing he usually says (as you mentioned). Its very obvious that both sides are playing tennis with the negotiations...hopefully the public sees it that way. Hell, Arum's the godfather of the boxing industry at this point, so I dont believe many will even put up a fight about him messing up the negotiations.

It's both of them and it's because of their history and it's bullshit! Here's the story/video>>>> http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz110711.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.