Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bradley calls out Khan; Khan says you had your chance
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
checkleft
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=29723&more=1

I actually side with khan on this one.
He's the bigger draw, looks better overall has stayed active and since he's definitely in line for mayweather he would be taking the bigger risk taking the fight. Sure there's talk of a pacquiao fight for Bradley, but I think he's probably third or so on that list.
And with the change in promoters I doubt Arum would even consider this fight.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 3 2011, 08:14 PM) *
http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=29723&more=1

I actually side with khan on this one.
He's the bigger draw, looks better overall has stayed active and since he's definitely in line for mayweather he would be taking the bigger risk taking the fight. Sure there's talk of a pacquiao fight for Bradley, but I think he's probably third or so on that list.
And with the change in promoters I doubt Arum would even consider this fight.

the bigger draw why? if he were the bigger draw this peterson fight would be in LV or AC instead of petersons home town. bradleys fought the better opposition at 140. khan hasnt done shit since the last offer was made, except link his name with floyds and beat a fading zab judah. khan hasnt proven shit in my eyes. his best win still is paulie malinaggi. theres a reason why hes low-balling bradley now. 70/30 come on man u say nobody wants to fight you but maidanas been knocking down his door for ever.
Cshel86
Man, Bradley has done himself no favors when he decides to crack open his mouth and speak about his plans in the sport. I COMPLETELY understand contractual issues, it happens...cant hold that against him. Instead of telling Khan that he will fight him after that bullshit got settled between him and Shaw, he deemed it necessary to put in our heads, the idea of him losing the fight (against Khan), then he's no longer runner up for Mayweather and Pacquiao no2.gif Then, he goes on record and says, "Forget Khan, I want Mayweather and Pacquiao".

NOW, he wants to call out Khan, smh. C'mon man, in my opinion, Bradley was NEVER runner up for Mayweather or Pacquiao. There are still guys out there that he can fight to get his drawing power up. Pacquiao will simply kill him, and Mayweather wont even look his way because nobody even knows who he is. Dude messed up the whole JWW division this summer by holding two titles and stirring shit up while dealing with contractual issues.

It took Bradley six months to find his voice after calling me out and agreeing to fight me, and now hes asking for a 50-50 split for 2012?, Khan wrote. He had his chance for a 50-50 split including the UK income, and Im going to stick to my words - hes never gonna get that offer again. Bradley denied me the chance of becoming undisputed champion and Im gonna make him regret it. He needs me now! Im the bigger draw.

Well worded...
checkleft
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 4 2011, 08:54 AM) *
the bigger draw why? if he were the bigger draw this peterson fight would be in LV or AC instead of petersons home town. bradleys fought the better opposition at 140. khan hasnt done shit since the last offer was made, except link his name with floyds and beat a fading zab judah. khan hasnt proven shit in my eyes. his best win still is paulie malinaggi. theres a reason why hes low-balling bradley now. 70/30 come on man u say nobody wants to fight you but maidanas been knocking down his door for ever.

I actually thought the fight should have been stopped in the tenth with maidana, but that's beside my point. Khan has not done much, but Bradley has done less, and then sat on the sidelines and acted like he was too good to fight.Khan. On top of that the fight with Peterson has sold a lot of tickets, they even got complaints because all the tickets under three hundred were gone. Khan has more drawing power than Bradley, who in turn has no fan base, so Bradleys leverage that he had after Alexander was little and now its gone. And now that he's with arum that fighs pretty much dead
DavidA12
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 4 2011, 02:54 PM) *

Khan is the much bigger draw simply because of his following. Bradley can't sell tickets in his home town never mind Vegas or AC. In Bradley's absence Khan has risen to the top of the 140 division and has therefore became the bigger draw.

Why would Khan fight Maidana again? What is there to gain from this fight? He's fighting Peterson as his mandatory then its on to better things and im sorry Maidana isnt up there, he is on the fringes of world class and will get beat by all world class opponents.
Cshel86
QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Nov 4 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Khan is the much bigger draw simply because of his following. Bradley can't sell tickets in his home town never mind Vegas or AC. In Bradley's absence Khan has risen to the top of the 140 division and has therefore became the bigger draw.Why would Khan fight Maidana again? What is there to gain from this fight? He's fighting Peterson as his mandatory then its on to better things and im sorry Maidana isnt up there, he is on the fringes of world class and will get beat by all world class opponents.

+1
Exactly! Bradley was never a big draw and he cant blame it soley on his promoter...ring appeal and personality plays a big part also. Bradley was only a champ, but being the champ doesn't always spell popularity. Maidana may not be up there as a world class fighter, but he's a world class pain in the ass and a bump in the road for somebody who's climbing the success ladder. He's too much of a risk, with little reward in regards to money. Maidana tests a fighter's heart and mental state, plus...beating Maidana comes with a shitload of bragging rights.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (DavidA12 @ Nov 4 2011, 12:07 PM) *
Khan is the much bigger draw simply because of his following. Bradley can't sell tickets in his home town never mind Vegas or AC. In Bradley's absence Khan has risen to the top of the 140 division and has therefore became the bigger draw.

Why would Khan fight Maidana again? What is there to gain from this fight? He's fighting Peterson as his mandatory then its on to better things and im sorry Maidana isnt up there, he is on the fringes of world class and will get beat by all world class opponents.

Agreed.
Hotsauce
this is mayweather/pacquiao part 2.

smh
BlueMercury
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 5 2011, 12:58 PM) *

smh

LOL!
mrchitown
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 5 2011, 02:58 PM) *

smh

Lol I concur with that statement
Cshel86
Bradley needs Khan waaay more than Khan needs him, thats only if Khan even needs him. Khan has a bit of money behind his name, so guys are going to try and set up a fight him quick. Bradley has little to no relevance while being lost in transition and blurting out dumb shit no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.