Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lebedev defeats Toney
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Romulus9
James lost every round. Scores were 120-108, 120-108, 120-107.

Retire. Now, please.
mgrover
holy shit, never thought I'd see the day when he takes a beating like this, are you bullshitting? cause i cant find it anywhere on the net?

never mind saw the front page
caneman
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Nov 4 2011, 01:00 PM) *
James lost every round. Scores were 120-108, 120-108, 120-107.

Retire. Now, please.

That's all that needs to be said //thread

Enjoy your life JT and retire!
Cshel86
I saw the last three rounds of it, smh...terrible. Those body shots he took were ugly and he was flat-footed as all get-out. He may wanna line through the Klitz bros names on his little Hello Kitty planner. He's done this time, Im convinced.
Box in Hand
Toney is one of my favorite active fighters but it's time to go. When a man like Toney who has superior defense which I would put up there with Mayweather's and Hopkins gets a beating like this there is no other choice but to retire. Of course he won't and will blame it on his injury.
Fact is, it was time for him to go after that disgrace with the UFC.
caneman
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 4 2011, 03:31 PM) *
Toney is one of my favorite active fighters but it's time to go. When a man like Toney who has superior defense which I would put up there with Mayweather's and Hopkins gets a beating like this there is no other choice but to retire. Of course he won't and will blame it on his injury.
Fact is, it was time for him to go after that disgrace with the UFC.

He actually said he wants a rematch laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2011, 03:43 PM) *

Dude, I expect nothing less from him. Bottom line is, if a completely shot Roy Jones can do better against Lebedev that Toney then it is time to go.
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 4 2011, 04:43 PM) *

Nooooo!!! Just let tha shit go Toney! He looked sloppy as shit today. He reminded me of those big inflated clown balloons with the bell on the inside...whenever you hit 'em, they lean all the way back and lean forward and NEVER tip over...thats how Toney looked today laugh.gif
sduck
Didn't see the fight sad.gif

I expect Toney to say something like, "I only lost to that bitch because of my injury. Those Bitchsko Brothers still don't want it either."

Also, what happened to his MMA fight with Shamrock? I never looked at updates of that.
caneman
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 4 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Didn't see the fight sad.gif

I expect Toney to say something like, "I only lost to that bitch because of my injury. Those Bitchsko Brothers still don't want it either."

Also, what happened to his MMA fight with Shamrock? I never looked at updates of that.

Toney needs to forget about all that shit...yea he can still talk shit but RJJ would beat him right now. He couldn't let his hands go and his legs are totally shot! He is done, stick a fork in him!!! THE END!
thehype
It looked like he blew out his knee in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about a leg injury because it looked like something definitely happened to him after throwing a right hand.

If that was the case, perhaps he should have flopped to the canvas, rolled around in agony and said he would fight on one leg if he had to, but instead let them stop the fight...then get an MRI that shows no surgery is required, go to therapy for 6-8 weeks, and maybe, just maybe people would have a different perception.

laugh.gif

But like I said, not really sure what happened, but something odd definitely happened to his left leg in the 2nd round...just for those of you who haven't actually seen the fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 4 2011, 06:23 PM) *
If that was the case, perhaps he should have flopped to the canvas, rolled around in agony and said he would fight on one leg if he had to, but instead let them stop the fight...then get an MRI that shows no surgery is required, go to therapy for 6-8 weeks, and maybe, just maybe people would have a different perception.

Hmmmm.....I have NO idea which fight, involving another 40+ year old fighter you could be referencing, Hype. Ha Ha ha
Cshel86
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 4 2011, 07:23 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

BGv2.0
You know I just wonder if losing all that weight was actually part of the problem?

Being over 40 a man is naturally going to have some extra weight....even as a pro boxer...NOW...I think we could all agree that James was overboard on that aspect for years. However, I cannot help but wonder if having to push himself so hard to get down to such a lighter weight was nota huge part of the problem.

Megadeth
ok...I just watched the first 2 rounds online. Being a toney fan i dont really want to watch the rest of the fight.

To me it is quite obvious that Toney is taking his career seriously. For him to make 199lbs was huge. I was very concerned at first that he might end up like Chris Byrd. I hated watching Byrd get battered around the ring by a light heavyweight, especially after watching him shrug off punches from heavyweight. There have been too many cases in the last decade showing what happens to a fighter after dramatic weightloss. I was also concerned that he only trained to lose weight and not trained properly for the fight itself.

For Toney to continue fighting and take punishment is just one example of the true fighter that he is. His defense is all shoulder rolls, pivoting, and footwork, which were pretty much taken from him in the 2nd round. It would of been very easy for him to fall on the ground in the second round and not get up, but he chose not too. I am trying not to nuthug here but he did what so many of us always ask, and that is suck it up and don't back out. I haven't read one report yet of him crying about the injury, and it is a legit injury. We have seen Haye lay a big egg because of a broken toe...WTF???

IMO Toney deserves credit for kicking it old school and not falling on the canvas crying about his injury.

I guess I am one of the few who does want to see Toney fight again.
caneman
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Nov 7 2011, 01:03 PM) *
ok...I just watched the first 2 rounds online. Being a toney fan i dont really want to watch the rest of the fight.

To me it is quite obvious that Toney is taking his career seriously. For him to make 199lbs was huge. I was very concerned at first that he might end up like Chris Byrd. I hated watching Byrd get battered around the ring by a light heavyweight, especially after watching him shrug off punches from heavyweight. There have been too many cases in the last decade showing what happens to a fighter after dramatic weightloss. I was also concerned that he only trained to lose weight and not trained properly for the fight itself.

For Toney to continue fighting and take punishment is just one example of the true fighter that he is. His defense is all shoulder rolls, pivoting, and footwork, which were pretty much taken from him in the 2nd round. It would of been very easy for him to fall on the ground in the second round and not get up, but he chose not too. I am trying not to nuthug here but he did what so many of us always ask, and that is suck it up and don't back out. I haven't read one report yet of him crying about the injury, and it is a legit injury. We have seen Haye lay a big egg because of a broken toe...WTF???

IMO Toney deserves credit for kicking it old school and not falling on the canvas crying about his injury.

I guess I am one of the few who does want to see Toney fight again.

I rather not see him get hurt personally.
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 01:09 PM) *
I rather not see him get hurt personally.

It's the hurt business...young or old, they all take punches to the dome.

Like I said, had he have flopped to the canvas and said he could only continue on one leg, perhaps they would have stopped the fight and people wouldn't have this kind of perception of him.

Had Hopkins fought on with 1 arm and taking punishment because he wasn't able to effectively defend himself, I wonder if people would have had the same comments about him.

Just some things to think about.

Anyway, it looks like the knee injury was legit.
Antonio Tarver
And people were calling for him to fight one of the Klitschko's, haha. He would have assaulted by one of those guys. Good thing people never got their wish.
streetlion1
Very very fitting...after all his shit talking about Bernard Hopkins...Toney gets in the ring, gets hurt, and gets his ass whipped.

Priceless!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.