Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arum: Morales is the little guy mayweather was talking about...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
checkleft
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-floyd-mayw...les-next--45758

There is "supposedly" confirmation that the camps are talking..

Of course this is a sellable fight, especially on may 5th. Let's face it mayweathers marketable dance partners are limited.
caneman
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 03:47 PM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-floyd-mayw...les-next--45758

There is "supposedly" confirmation that the camps are talking..

Of course this is a sellable fight, especially on may 5th. Let's face it mayweathers marketable dance partners are limited.

See this kinda stuff is why I say both sides are getting in the way of a fight between Pac/FMJ. On another note, I thought FMJ sells all by himself? So why does he need a marketable dance partner? Another thing here, isn't that Pac's leftovers? dntknw.gif
checkleft
Very true, but if you think about the name morales brings to the table along with the limited risk factor this is the best option available for him.

I mean financially of course.
jlupi
So now MW gunna 1 up pac by going after his leftovers. LOL
caneman
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 04:02 PM) *
Very true, but if you think about the name morales brings to the table along with the limited risk factor this is the best option available for him.

Financially, isn't Pac the best bet? Oh yeah, that has some risk to it...nevermind! We could have seen a trilogy between the 2 by now! SMFH
Antonio Tarver
If this is true, what an absolute disgrace Mayweather is. He is a p4p champion and wanting to fight Maidana left overs? Truly disgusting for a p4p champion to handle himself in this way. I really hope this is not true.
checkleft
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 05:02 PM) *

QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 05:07 PM) *
Financially, isn't Pac the best bet? Oh yeah, that has some risk to it...nevermind! We could have seen a trilogy between the 2 by now! SMFH

With manny their would be a even split, revenue would be split because It's not in house, with morales he could go 70/30 or even higher while exploiting the 5 de mayo celebration and its all in house. If he banked with ortiz as big as big as he did he will get a very nice check cut for this one.

Your dreaming though Haha, all this trouble for one fight and your talking a trilogy.
Manny needs to leave top rank, revenue from a mayweather fight should leave him enough money for litigation and to spare.
checkleft
How is morales maidana left overs, morales put him through hell and maidana barely won. Lol
Pacquiao left overs would be more appropriate
caneman
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 04:18 PM) *
With manny their would be a even split, revenue would be split because It's not in house, with morales he could go 70/30 or even higher while exploiting the 5 de mayo celebration and its all in house. If he banked with ortiz as big as big as he did he will get a very nice check cut for this one.

Your dreaming though Haha, all this trouble for one fight and your talking a trilogy.
Manny needs to leave top rank, revenue from a mayweather fight should leave him enough money for litigation and to spare.

I am dreaming about a trilogy but my point was BOTH GUYS are getting in the way on this fight being made. I ain't buying the PPV and might not buy ANYMORE PPV's as for the most part, there are only 2 PPV's to be made...Pac vs FMJ and the Klit sisters fighting.
Antonio Tarver
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 04:20 PM) *
How is morales maidana left overs, morales put him through hell and maidana barely won. Lol
Pacquiao left overs would be more appropriate

It's a guy Maidana has a win over. Maidana isn't even a top 30 p4p fighter, and he wants to fight a guy Maidana just beat? I thought it was close as well and thought Morales won, but Maidana already beat him officially. This fight is absolute garbage if it happens.
checkleft
I agree that the fight is garbage, I wanted him to fight Martinez so I'm dreaming too. Calling him maidana left overs makes it sound like he got sparked.
caneman
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 7 2011, 04:31 PM) *
I agree that the fight is garbage, I wanted him to fight Martinez so I'm dreaming too. Calling him maidana left overs makes it sound like he got sparked.

Yea FMJ fighting Maravilla is dreaming but I ain't mad @ ya, it's a nice dream that will never happen.
leonthegee
You dumbasses actually listen to Slob Arum. No freakin way Mayweather fights Morales.
caneman
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 7 2011, 04:39 PM) *
You dumbasses actually listen to Slob Arum. No freakin way Mayweather fights Morales.

Wanna sig bet on that? Say 1 month?
Antonio Tarver
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 7 2011, 04:39 PM) *

Who knows. Mayweather did try get a feel out for Spadafora, but then the response was no good, it never went through or was discussed. Mayweather has no shame, so don't rule this out.
jlupi
Mayweather did try get a feel out for Spadafora>>>>>

dont forget Mathew Hatton and alvarez (before anyone really even saw him) untill pacs clotty fight forced him into a more competitive fight.
Seek
Mayweather isn't going to fight Morales. I don't care if the talks are even true, there is no way Mayweather Morales will happen unless Morales somehow manages to beat someone significant at 147 but even then I still HIGHLY doubt it.

Also, Bob Arum is full of shit. Immediately after Pacquiao beat Clottey in 2010 he announced Pacquiao would be fighting on Nov. 13 and that he had secured the MGM and Dallas Cowboy stadium and expected Floyd to accept that? How's it feel to be told when and where to fight Uncle Bob?

And in regards to Floyd Martinez at 154 or at a catchweight of 150/151. . . . not gonna happen on May 5th or ever for that matter IMHO. I'm surprised Ortiz Berto 2 is being discussed. Floyd did say if Ortiz can get through Berto, he would give Ortiz a rematch. Big possibility Floyd will fight Ortiz or Berto May 5th. That or Amir Khan is more than likely.
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 05:15 PM) *
Mayweather isn't going to fight Morales. I don't care if the talks are even true, there is no way Mayweather Morales will happen unless Morales somehow manages to beat someone significant at 147 but even then I still HIGHLY doubt it.

Also, Bob Arum is full of shit. Immediately after Pacquiao beat Clottey in 2010 he announced Pacquiao would be fighting on Nov. 13 and that he had secured the MGM and Dallas Cowboy stadium and expected Floyd to accept that? How's it feel to be told when and where to fight Uncle Bob?

And in regards to Floyd Martinez at 154 or at a catchweight of 150/151. . . . not gonna happen on May 5th or ever for that matter IMHO. I'm surprised Ortiz Berto 2 is being discussed. Floyd did say if Ortiz can get through Berto, he would give Ortiz a rematch. Big possibility Floyd will fight Ortiz or Berto May 5th. That or Amir Khan is more than likely.

Sig bet?
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 05:23 PM) *
Sig bet?

Sig bet for what?
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 05:30 PM) *
Sig bet for what?

That Morales vs FMJ will happen on May 5th!
Allmenjoi8
First off bad on you for even listening to boxingscene or mannyscene. They clearly are on Bob's tailfeathers. Now listening to Arum is another offense. Why would he fight a war torn Morrales? Arum is trying to save face. Ellerbe checked mate him and now he is saying everything that the fight May wants is a "Sick Joke" to "I would charge 70 bucks" for a Manny and Floyd fight. It is BS. Why believe Arum?
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 7 2011, 05:35 PM) *
First off bad on you for even listening to boxingscene or mannyscene. They clearly are on Bob's tailfeathers. Now listening to Arum is another offense. Why would he fight a war torn Morrales? Arum is trying to save face. Ellerbe checked mate him and now he is saying everything that the fight May wants is a "Sick Joke" to "I would charge 70 bucks" for a Manny and Floyd fight. It is BS. Why believe Arum?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 05:34 PM) *
That Morales vs FMJ will happen on May 5th!

Sure why not?
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 05:38 PM) *
Sure why not?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS, thanks man! yahoo.gif
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 05:39 PM) *
YESSSSSSSSSSSS, thanks man! yahoo.gif

Word
iKeNjiro
I'll sig bet

This is dumb that ppl are discussing what Bob Arum said lol
Floyd's team was speaking of Pacquiao lol
Hype do you hear this non-sense? lol

On another note
IF it were true, I would not support it an it would be the biggest disappointment

But....
Floyd Sr. Has been saying he doesn't want his son going up in weight at his age.
That a Martinez fight is not needed. Could it be Floyd vs Martinez yup yup
or Amere Con, Berto/Ortiz winner

Question should be asked is why Pacquiao and Arum ducking Floyd again?
They have been called out.... lol

This is laughable at this point
MaxPayne
If this is true, I would be very, very disappointed in Floyd Mayweather. First of all, Erik Morales is well and truly Pacquiao's leftovers, since he was KO'd twice by Pacman. Second of all, it's good to see the guy making a bit of a comeback, but he's going to have to try and bloat himself to around 145 lbs, a weight at which he'll have no speed and certainly no power. At this point, other than the Pacquiao fight, there are only a few fights that I want to see Floyd do:

Sergio Martinez at 154 lbs.

James Kirkland at 154 lbs.

Winner of Berto vs. Ortiz II at 147 lbs.

Amir Khan at 147 lbs. (this one will take time, as Khan needs at least 1 fight at 147 lbs. to prepare at that weight).

caneman
meanwhile>>>>>> http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz1107c11.htm
Seek
Mayweather Canelo might make sense. But at 154? I don't think Mayweather belongs at 154 at all. And Canelo will be dead at 147, would rather not even see it.
caneman
And why is this a shock? I mean really? May 5th doesn't exactly scream Pacmam after all it is Cinco de Mayo. lol
Hops
Arum just found out that Eric Gomez is trying to make a fight between Morales and Mayweather. So Arum exposed it.

So, we people, can show our disgust. And Mayweather, hopefully, will not consider it.
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 06:20 PM) *
And why is this a shock? I mean really? May 5th doesn't exactly scream Pacmam after all it is Cinco de Mayo. lol

Exactly. Isn't Pacquiao Mexican?

Oh yeah and about that sig bet. How does this work? How about the winner gets to pick the losers PERMANENT sig?
Hops
First, you need to bring your post count up to 3,500 to match that of Caneman's.
sduck
The boxing media is always taking everything Arum says as fact without question. If this is true, goodbye Floyd's legacy, officially.
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 07:02 PM) *
Exactly. Isn't Pacquiao Mexican?

Oh yeah and about that sig bet. How does this work? How about the winner gets to pick the losers PERMANENT sig?

Nah just a month of UNLIMITED ACCESS!
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 07:09 PM) *
Nah just a month of UNLIMITED ACCESS!

A month? Where is the fun in that? Make it 1 year. Mayweather Morales will not happen on May 5th, 2012. Deal?
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 07:14 PM) *
A month? Where is the fun in that? Make it 1 year. Mayweather Morales will not happen on May 5th, 2012. Deal?

A month is good! DEAL?
Seek
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 07:19 PM) *
A month is good! DEAL?

6 months. Take it or leave it
caneman
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 7 2011, 07:27 PM) *
6 months. Take it or leave it

Well fuck, I guess I'll leave it...too many fights coming up to sig bet. thumbsdown_anim.gif
leonthegee
I see Floyd moving his may 5th day back before fighting morales. And fighting berto v ortiz winner. Or just punking ortiz all together and fighting berto leaving ortiz screwed.
Cshel86
Mayweather/Morales??? Cool! Oh yeah...where's the freakin' time machine, so we can go back about a good 5 or 6 years? This would've been a great fight back in '05 or '06. Im almost sure this fight wont happen though...Bob is just covering his ass, since he's not good at the element of surprise. He's used to fucking the fans publicly, so we know most of Pac's schedule through 2012.

As far as that video Cane, that had to be the most peaceful way of starting negotiations, as bad as its been lately. Too bad Freddie doesn't really have the last word in this, as long as Arum's still breathing. Freddie's Parkinson's sounds a bit worse nowadays, and I could really tell when they interviewed him during the Linares fight...or maybe it sounded bad because Linares was starting to get his ass handed to him. I hope he gets better...as much as Team Pac can be a thorn in my side, I wouldn't wish that on anybody...not even Chad Dawson, and I know his very existence urks me.
Cshel86
Uh ohhh...did I hear something about a sig bet? MAKE THAT SHIT HAPPEN!!! clapping.gif For God's sake...is ANYBODY sig betting on Cotto/Margarito? Agbeko/Mares II? Ward/Froch? C'mon man! No pussies allowed!!! Its not beneath me...hell I just lost a sig bet dntknw.gif
HazConvictedFelonMane
Bob Arum is just acting like a cunt because he wanted the MGM on May 5th for Manny Pacquiao. Dan Rafeal already slayed that dragon. Bob Arum is just showing us exactly what his intentions are. He wants the dates that Mayweather was fighting on. May was doing May and December before he hung it up. Manny begins doing May and November or December. Floyd was still on vacation and Manny was fighting in May at the MGM Grand. Floyd Mayweather is down to square it up with the Pacman on May 5th. Bob Arum doesn't have anything fruitful to say in response. As much as he was talking, even recently, one would think that they would jump at the first chance they get to meet Floyd in the ring. I mean after all, this guy is afraid of Manny's right hand. Floyd Mayweather is a fight that would only last for 3 or 4 rounds. Floyd's got no chin and so on. I guess Bob is just blowing smoke. If Manny can KO Floyd, then prove it on May 5th.

I'm sick of Bob Arum's shit. He's promoted Manny Pacquiao for the last couple of years by saying that he would beat the crap out of Floyd Mayweather. He guaranteed it during the post fight press conference. He continues to go on record stating that Mayweather is afraid, but when confronted with the possibility of the fight actually happening, we see a different Bob Arum. A brand new outlook on things. It went from Mayweather's afraid, to we don't even know if he's going to be around next year. Well guess what? He will be. He will also be in the MGM Grand on May 5th. Bring Pacquiao there to settle the conflict.
caneman
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 7 2011, 08:44 PM) *
Bob Arum is just acting like a cunt because he wanted the MGM on May 5th for Manny Pacquiao. Dan Rafeal already slayed that dragon. Bob Arum is just showing us exactly what his intentions are. He wants the dates that Mayweather was fighting on. May was doing May and December before he hung it up. Manny begins doing May and November or December. Floyd was still on vacation and Manny was fighting in May at the MGM Grand. Floyd Mayweather is down to square it up with the Pacman on May 5th. Bob Arum doesn't have anything fruitful to say in response. As much as he was talking, even recently, one would think that they would jump at the first chance they get to meet Floyd in the ring. I mean after all, this guy is afraid of Manny's right hand. Floyd Mayweather is a fight that would only last for 3 or 4 rounds. Floyd's got no chin and so on. I guess Bob is just blowing smoke. If Manny can KO Floyd, then prove it on May 5th.

I'm sick of Bob Arum's shit. He's promoted Manny Pacquiao for the last couple of years by saying that he would beat the crap out of Floyd Mayweather. He guaranteed it during the post fight press conference. He continues to go on record stating that Mayweather is afraid, but when confronted with the possibility of the fight actually happening, we see a different Bob Arum. A brand new outlook on things. It went from Mayweather's afraid, to we don't even know if he's going to be around next year. Well guess what? He will be. He will also be in the MGM Grand on May 5th. Bring Pacquiao there to settle the conflict.

Arum is a moron and an asshole but I am starting to think the whole problem with the fight being made is cause of FMJ and Arum. They just can't stop pushing each other buttons. Just like FMJ setting a date for May 5th and acting like it's for Pac. Those to need to stop with the bullshit for the fight to be made! THE BOTH OF THEM! They are both acting pitiful IMO!

It was stated here too:
By Sergio Abarca Levetty

Quote:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (Notimex) .- Erik Morales, the first four-time Mexican world in different divisions, is contemplated to fight Marco Antonio and Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2012.

This was mentioned by Eric Gomez, arranger of fighting as part of the 24th annual convention of the World Boxing Organization (WBO), held this week in a hotel in Isla Verde.

"There are big plans for Morales and certainly before DeMarco fights on the lightweight world title, which would be his fifth title of Erik, is at the negotiating table, as Mayweather Jr. 'he said.

'El Terrible' Morales Pablo Cesar Cano knocked out last September 17 in Las Vegas, Nevada, to win WBC super lightweight belt and become the only Mexican with four absolute different weights belts, having to bear the super bantamweight, featherweight and super featherweight.

"Now there are considerable opportunities to DeMarco, Floyd, a rematch against Argentina's Marcos Maidana, Robert Guerrero, Amir Kahm, finally, names abound, but the fights will materialize in the coming weeks," he said.

Gomez received an award under the convention of the organization in the host hotel and on Saturday will be the grand finale of the annual event fighter, with the function between former world champions Wilfredo Vazquez Ivan Calderon and jr.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=e...3A1&act=url
Plah
People here believing in Arum's word. Smh. I'll sig bet on that any day.
caneman
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 7 2011, 11:34 PM) *
People here believing in Arum's word. Smh. I'll sig bet on that any day.

So Gomez and Univision are lying too huh?
Dlac
im sorry but we dont believe you..you need more people *jay-z voice*

im just not buying it at all...Arum just tryna shift the media cause they promised tim a pac fight to sign with top rank. so they twisting it again while all the b.s starts they sign up for tim bradley and mayweather is goin look like the ducker again...smh
MaxPayne
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 7 2011, 10:47 PM) *
So Gomez and Univision are lying too huh?

Well to be fair, Gomez did mention quite a few names. To be honest, if Morales does win a string of victories, including 2-3 at welterweight, I wouldn't mind seeing him matched up against Floyd down the line.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 7 2011, 08:03 PM) *
Uh ohhh...did I hear something about a sig bet? MAKE THAT SHIT HAPPEN!!! clapping.gif For God's sake...is ANYBODY sig betting on Cotto/Margarito? Agbeko/Mares II? Ward/Froch? C'mon man! No pussies allowed!!! Its not beneath me...hell I just lost a sig bet dntknw.gif

Guess nobody heard me the first time no2.gif Im about to just start assigning these shits! Bnoles...if you're a Cotto fan...bring it on! I've already lost a sig bet this weekend, and I have else to lose! Bring it!
thehype
Some of you REALLY have to stop jumping on EVERY rumor that comes out regarding Floyd Mayweather. I mean, seriously, you got Bob Arum telling a group of Filipino writers that Floyd is fighting Manny's leftovers and some of you jump ALL OVER THAT.

laugh.gif

It's crazy. SMH. Besides, I thought Floyd was supposedly close to finalizing a deal with Sergio Martinez. I thought Floyd had agreed to fighting Amir Khan. Which one is it?

Anyway, here ya go:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170033-...future-and-more

SCHAEFER DISMISSES MAYWEATHER-ERIK MORALES RUMORS

Notions that negotiations are ongoing for Mayweather to face newly-crowned WBC junior welterweight beltwinner Erik Morales (52-7, 35 KOs) in his return bout are "absolutely not true," said Schaefer, adding, "there is absolutely zero truth to the Mayweather-Morales thing."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.