Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RIP Smoking Joe Fraizer...
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
caneman
RIP Champ, my thoughts and prayers are with his family. He was a great man and an amazing warrior!
Cshel86
Dammit man...I just saw it on ESPN during the MNF game no2.gif I read about him being seriously ill this weekend, but this news hit me hard. RIP Smoking Joe...
MaxPayne
Rest in Peace Mr. Frazier, thank you for all the legendary performances.
Box in Hand
RIP to one hell of a fighter. Ali said Joe made him feel the closest to death he's ever felt. Joe was small for a heavyweight but he was relentless and hard nosed. Great guy!
ks1
RIP Smokin Joe! Sad night. Rest in peace Champ your fight is done.
thehype
RIP Champ.

Mayweather just offered to pay for funeral services.
Cheesey1
R.I.P and condolences to the Frazier family.
sduck
Damn... I'm speechless... RIP Joe...
Hotsauce
RIP joe frazier
iKeNjiro
RIP to the man to hand my all time favorite fighter his 1st defeat.
Tough dude and very likable person...good man

RIP and respect
WolfishPromistah
Tell me (and don’t be shy), have any others of you ever found yourselves actually chuckling in awe at what you see and feel, while watching Joe as he gets pummeled by Big George Foreman in their first fight? I mean, the man was amazing even in clear defeat!

Think – along with the always memorable Cosell words of “Down goes Frazier,” we may also keep in mind how Joe raised the level for observation, in representing what boxing heart is all about in that ring. It was like inhuman; I mean, he WOULD NOT STAY DOWN… and it was against big George Foreman! Talk about ready to die in the ring, and we can guess from what we know of him, Joe would have gone for just that if given the personal choice to decide the matter himself. And trainer Eddie Futch –(not Joe) stopped the classic Thrilla in Manilla. But Joe wanted to go BACK out there! Frazier was “crazy,” as I recall Ali once saying – in a great way, of course.

Then, to top it off, he had the nerve to be a supreme gentleman outside the ring, Jekyll and Hyde style – -- just the total package. I think it is certain the late Diego “Chico” Corrales took notes from it...even Manny Pacquiao.

R.I.P., “Smokin Joe” and thanks -- with blessings to your family, your friends and your millions of fans worldwide.
Jack 1000
One of boxing greatest has passed. Thank you Joe for all the boxing memories and great times you brought to fans all over the world.

Jack
wolterb
i hope he gets a statue and the gym doesn't get demolished or refurbished
caneman
This has me really sad, I have seen a bunch of videos and old clips this morning. And it actually hurts inside! I feel like I had a personal loss!
thehype
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 8 2011, 10:19 AM) *
i hope he gets a statue and the gym doesn't get demolished or refurbished

The Rocky statue should be torn down and replaced.
thehype
BERNARD HOPKINS: "JOE FRAZIER IS AN ICON...HE WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED"

After learning of the death of boxing legend Joe Frazier on Monday, fellow Philadelphia native and two-time middleweight and current light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins shared his thoughts on the famed champion's passing. "My reaction was I expected it to come, but the denial of it coming is something that people that know Joe and have been around him tried to block out. It was not shocking, because I knew he had been sick for a while, but now it is real and he is really not here with us anymore."

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11154.html
xxxxxx
Boxing lost a great Champion. R.I.P Joe.
Cshel86
Im supposed to be working, but obviously Im still posting and watching the Thrilla in Manilla! Cant get enough of this one!
AlynK
Joe was a legend and a true warrior who wasn't afraid to put his all into the ring. He put his all into Thrilla in Manila and he was never really the same fighter after it. I have a lot of respect for him. RIP

“Life doesn't run away from nobody, life runs at people” – Joe Frazier
thehype
DON KING: "FRAZIER WAS THE EMBODIMENT OF WHAT A GREAT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION AND PERSON SHOULD BE"

Legendary promoter Don King, who promoted Joe Frazier in the finale of Frazier's phenomenal trilogy with Muhammad Ali, 1975's "Thrilla in Manila," made the following statement from his South Florida home after learning last night of the death of his longtime friend: "Smokin' Joe Frazier was the embodiment of what a great heavyweight champion and person should be. He was a great gladiator. When Smokin' Joe came to the ring, you knew you had someone who was coming to fight. I was proud to have known and promoted him, and I was honored to call him a friend."

read more

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content11155.html

wolterb
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 8 2011, 11:13 AM) *
The Rocky statue should be torn down and replaced.

I believe it already did get torn down...but absolutely, it should be replaced.
Why make a statue of a FICTIONAL boxer, in the first place lol? insane. i'd guess it has something to do with the lack of white champions

joe frazier represented the working class, downtrodden, and tough-men of america to the nth degree more than fucking hack-boy stallone. and he did it in real life, all his life.

Anyone else find it ironic that frazier always liked to touch on the fact that his physical health endured into his golden years while Ali's didn't?
thehype
I think the statue still stands by the Art Museum...I think it was only torn down in the movie.

“Boxing lost a great champion, and the sport lost a great ambassador. My prayers go out to his family.” - Manny Pacquiao
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 8 2011, 06:06 PM) *
I think the statue still stands by the Art Museum...I think it was only torn down in the movie.

“Boxing lost a great champion, and the sport lost a great ambassador. My prayers go out to his family.” - Manny Pacquiao

Interesting quote by the Congressman. What is even better is that Mayweather has offered to pay all funeral cost for Frazier's services... That is what sup
caneman
RIP
Cshel86
Cool pic Cane!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
The Rocky statue is still there. It's right behind the art museum. Visited the art museum and then took a picture with the statue afterwards. They could make a statue of Fraizer and it put it in that same general vicinity. That'd be pretty sweet actually. RIP Champ, he was a great figther.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.