Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Schaefer: "Absolutely ZERO truth to the Mayweather-Morales thing"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thehype
Can't believe people actually BELIEVE anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth, but since apparently some still do, here's word from Richard Schaefer:

SCHAEFER DISMISSES MAYWEATHER-ERIK MORALES RUMORS

Notions that negotiations are ongoing for Mayweather to face newly-crowned WBC junior welterweight beltwinner Erik Morales (52-7, 35 KOs) in his return bout are "absolutely not true," said Schaefer, adding, "there is absolutely zero truth to the Mayweather-Morales thing."

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170033-...future-and-more
Allmenjoi8
Who do you believe Schaefer or Arum? I have my money on Schaefer. Arum was check mated and he has been talking himself out of a corner since last week. Now that Schaefer refuted Arum's claims, is he going to call him a liar as well? Is it me or is no one talking about the Jmm and Pac fight?
Cheesey1
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 7 2011, 11:46 PM) *
Can't believe people actually BELIEVE anything that comes out of Bob Arum's mouth, but since apparently some still do, here's word from Richard Schaefer:

Notions that negotiations are ongoing for Mayweather to face newly-crowned WBC junior welterweight beltwinner Erik Morales (52-7, 35 KOs) in his return bout are "absolutely not true," said Schaefer, adding, "there is absolutely zero truth to the Mayweather-Morales thing."

Yup, for real. It's sad really that people will try to give credibility to this sort of rubbish, when it's so obvious that fight made no sense at all from a financial, entertainment, or sane person's perspective.
Plah
People here were actually believing that shit!!!
sduck
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 8 2011, 12:46 AM) *

I do. It's a norm that everything Bob Arum says about Mayweather is 100% to the boxing world without question. The reason why it's like that is because Mayweather is iconic to be hated. Even with Schaefer's claims coming out, people still will be saying he'll be fighting Morales. Even if the negotiations do start again, and the fight once again doesn't happen because of Arum, it's still all Mayweather's fault, duckin & dodgin lol. Just the way its gonna be.
iKeNjiro
Ahhhh thats why my sig bet was ignored lol

This little rumor got more talk then Pacquiao vs JMM lol
Arum said that fight will break records LMAO
checkleft
Pretty much the reason I put supposedly in quotes. Should have known, arum would lie about being related to his mom to get out of the pacquiao mayweather fight.
DubC
Thanks Hype, I've been waiting on your comments on this...As always, thank you Ben for giving us what you hear (as much truth as there can be between Schaefer and Arum-Richie has more credibility)

Much appreciated for everything you do here Ben!
Antonio Tarver
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 7 2011, 11:46 PM) *

Why not? This wouldn't be a first that from Mayweather's side, they have said one thing and then done the other. Mayweather lied straight to your face back in May. Just like how he said he was not going to fight Ortiz.
You were wrong before, so you could very well be wrong again. You have your insights which is great. But the same can be said for yourself, Mayweather and Schaefer when information comes from any of mouths of you three.
The best bet is to just let things unfold and see how they pan out.

CDeezFoo
shit he just might go ahead and grab another belt.. and it just so happens to be Morales...and the date he set just so happens to be on Cinco de Mayo. I was just thinking that this upcoming MP vs JMM fight doesn't need all the "hype" because the mexicans will buy it regardless...now imagine Floyd..everybody wants to see him anyway..and now with Morales who may be fighting one of his last fights..the last time anybody (millions upon millions of mexicans) can see him fight...and Morales was the last person to beat Manny so Floyd is doing a switch on Mannys tactic and using his own game...but now it would be..he beat you...i beat the shit outta him..where you at Manny!!??

ya know what...I was just thinking how did Floyd all of a sudden recognize game and switch it on him so fast...? 50...I've always thought of him as one of the smartest men on earth..to do what he did to get where he's at and still going.. seriously youtube some of his interviews..but he may have a part in this #MONEYTEAM
HazConvictedFelonMane
Who's surprised? Not I. I left myself a little wiggle room just in case this did turn out to be true, but the fact remains that Bob Arum is trying to put a damper on this thing. What a way to respond to a fighter calling your guy out. Start making up lies. We knew who Leonard Ellerbe was talking about when he said 'the little fellow'. Erik Morales never fought Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, and Shane Mosley so it's evident that he's not the guy. Bob should just man up and admit that he doesn't want the fight to happen instead of trying to make it seem like Floyd fears Manny's right hand. Bob Arum is a cunt. Talked all that smack but now, he's painting himself into a corner and the outcome will not be beneficial to Manny's cause. People are going to realize what a hoax this whole thing was [and still is], and they are going to lose interest in this guy because there are other fighters out there who are doing what they need to do.
Ever since the De La Hoya fight, Manny has been riding Floyd's wave. Bob's been stringing the people along like they will be going after Floyd after each fight. Making it seem as if they are trying to get to him, but he just doesn't want to fight. Well now, we have clear cut proof of Manny being called out, and Bob Arum's best comeback says that Floyd wants to fight Morales. No Bob! Floyd want to fight Manny on May 5 in Vegas. Bring him.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Antonio Tarver @ Nov 8 2011, 03:14 AM) *

Why not? This wouldn't be a first that from Mayweather's side, they have said one thing and then done the other. Mayweather lied straight to your face back in May. Just like how he said he was not going to fight Ortiz.
You were wrong before, so you could very well be wrong again. You have your insights which is great. But the same can be said for yourself, Mayweather and Schaefer when information comes from any of mouths of you three.

Interesting post. I tried to find the actual interview to read his complete quotes and not just the synopsis of the interview, which is what that piece was (if I'm not mistaken). Barring being able to read the whole interview so that I can read Floyd's exact quote and not to get all "small print" but the question that he said "no" to included whether the fight would be at Cowboy's stadium, which it obviously wasn't.
Also seeing as how "Starpower" was confirmed just a month later I'm assuming that at the time of the article they were in the final stages of who to start seriously negotiating with and with most negotiations you try to keep things as quiet as possible so that outside factors don't affect the negotiations.
Nontheless, you're right, let's see what happens, but I know that there's no way in hell that Mayweather is going to fight Morales, he isn't the 147lber that fights other boxers' over the hill left overs, it's the other guy that does that...
caneman
If FMJ isn't gonna fight Morales, good for him but y'all do know this didn't come from JUST Arum right? Gomez said it on Univision TV. Again, Arum and FMJ need to stop poking each other with a stick if this fight is going to be made.
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 09:38 AM) *
If FMJ isn't gonna fight Morales, good for him but y'all do know this didn't come from JUST Arum right? Gomez said it on Univision TV. Again, Arum and FMJ need to stop poking each other with a stick if this fight is going to be made.

Schaefer said there was zero truth to it.

Gomez said he was simply asked if Morales would like to fight him and if the fight could be made and he said yeah.

Dan Rafael said it was "NOT TRUE" and "The FACT (not internet rumor nonsense) is that NOBODY from Mayweather's camp has brought up Mayweather fighting Morales. Simply not true."

Leonard Ellerbe said it was "BULLSHIT".

I mean, it's pretty amazing to me that it takes 4 people to counter the validity of something Bob Arum says, and yet, for some reason, people still want to lean towards his comments.

Go figure.

dntknw.gif

Besides, like I already said, I thought Amir Khan said Floyd had agreed to fight him.

I thought Sergio Martinez was telling some Spanish radio stations that he and Floyd were close to finalizing a deal.

Which one is it? Who is telling the truth? Khan, Martinez or Arum?

dntknw.gif
KookedKrack

Well damn. laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 09:38 AM) *
Arum and FMJ need to stop poking each other

Floyd and Arum haha.gif
caneman
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 8 2011, 10:52 AM) *
Schaefer said there was zero truth to it.

Gomez said he was simply asked if Morales would like to fight him and if the fight could be made and he said yeah.

Dan Rafael said it was "NOT TRUE" and "The FACT (not internet rumor nonsense) is that NOBODY from Mayweather's camp has brought up Mayweather fighting Morales. Simply not true."

Leonard Ellerbe said it was "BULLSHIT".

I mean, it's pretty amazing to me that it takes 4 people to counter the validity of something Bob Arum says, and yet, for some reason, people still want to lean towards his comments.

Go figure.

dntknw.gif

Besides, like I already said, I thought Amir Khan said Floyd had agreed to fight him.

I thought Sergio Martinez was telling some Spanish radio stations that he and Floyd were close to finalizing a deal.

Which one is it? Who is telling the truth? Khan, Martinez or Arum?

dntknw.gif

This is what he actually said on univision and I am glad if it's not true and honestly it's hard to believe anyone on this subject and it sucks. Anyhow>>>> http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=e...3A1&act=url
caneman
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Exactly, @ the end of the day that is what stops the fight from being made...either way, I wish Pac would take the tess and FMJ AND ARUM WOULD STOP POKING EACH OTHER WITH STICKS OR THEY ALL SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT ALL!!!! AL OF IT! The bottom line is both sides say they wanna make the fans happy and the fight isn't signed so the fans ain't happy.
thehype

Actually, he didn't lie to my face. When I asked, there was no fight on the table. Was it a possibility? Sure. But so was a 4-fight deal to fight at Dallas Cowboys stadium....hence the reason why people crossed stories about him fighting there. Victor Ortiz was one of three possibilities under consideration, the other being a fight with one of two totally different opponents at Cowboys Stadium, and nothing had been decided and/or determined when I spoke to him. In fact, it wasn't even until the end of May/early June when Ortiz was finally decided upon, at which time, Andre Berto came out of left field and accused Ortiz of taking "something" prior to their fight. Where do you think he got that from? Who is his advisor? Al Haymon! Who else does Al Haymon work with? Mayweather. So once the decision was made, that's when word began to spread, but that didn't happen until the beginning of June and then two weeks later, the fight was announced. So technically speaking, he didn't really lie. That being said, he also didn't expose the exact details of EVERYTHING that was going on, but I guess that would be my fault for not asking a more open-ended question. Lesson learned. But I certainly never lied about anything, nor did he really, but in the end, he was talking about himself as opposed to putting some info out there about Bob Arum's plans, which he would have very little knowledge on. In this particular case, Bob Arum threw a name out there based on something Eric Gomez said that was TOTALLY taken out of context. In the end, Mayweather wound up fighting a young, strong, hungry champion, so why people would believe that he now wants to fight an old, weak, not-so-hungry champion seems crazy to me. I mean, hell, if that's the case, why not just do the rematch with Victor Ortiz? Regardless, given that the question was much more open-ended this time (i.e. are you guys going to fight Morales?) and everyone is saying hell to the no, I think it's safe to say this was all just some bullshit.

But hey, then again, you never know. I mean, Pacquiao is fighting an old, weak champion this weekend, so what's good for the goose....
thehype
QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 10:02 AM) *
This is what he actually said on univision and I am glad if it's not true and honestly it's hard to believe anyone on this subject and it sucks. Anyhow>>>> http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=e...3A1&act=url

Okay, so basically Gomez said Morales has big plans for 2012 and Antonio DeMarco, Floyd Mayweather, Amir Khan, Marcos Maidana, and Robert Guerrero are all possible fights he'd like to make. Am I missing something? Where does Gomez say that Morales and Mayweather are close to finalizing a fight?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 11:01 AM) *

Floyd and Arum haha.gif

Which one is the monkey?
caneman
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 8 2011, 12:18 PM) *
Which one is the monkey?

Money, his reach is too much for Arum and he is too hard to catch! thumbsup_anim.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 8 2011, 11:18 AM) *
Which one is the monkey?

Well they've both played the part at one point or another, lol...so it depends on how you look at it.

QUOTE (caneman @ Nov 8 2011, 11:19 AM) *
Money, his reach is too much for Arum and he is too hard to catch! thumbsup_anim.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 10:01 AM) *

Floyd and Arum haha.gif

Funny stuff. I guess that's where the phrase "cheeky little monkey" comes from.
Col Reb
Morales needs to fight Marquez next. Why have we never seen these two share the ring?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 8 2011, 04:08 PM) *
Morales needs to fight Marquez next. Why have we never seen these two share the ring?

Because people are more interested in Mega events with big names rather than a good fight...
checkleft
Word is that those two and barrera absolutely hate each other. I would love to see that fight even at this stage
Cshel86
Morales/JMM wouldn't be a bad fight...hell, they are both at the latter stage of their careers anyway. Unless Marquez decides to move up to 140, there's not much left for him. Morales on the hand, has a few good challenges out there (DeMarco, Guerrero, Maidana, Matthysse, Judah). These seem to be dangerous fights for El Terrible, but he probably doesn't give a damn.
leonthegee
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 8 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Word is that those two and barrera absolutely hate each other. I would love to see that fight even at this stage

Marquez is TR now and Morales is GBP.
Hotsauce
1st it was khan

then it was martinez

now its morales
streetlion1
I chop this up to being more bullshit outta Arum...he is the one stopping the mega fight from happening...him and no one else.
K18
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 8 2011, 05:32 PM) *
I chop this up to being more bullshit outta Arum...he is the one stopping the mega fight from happening...him and no one else.

This is when Ben, needs one of those Mayweather after dark vids....with Money stating(again) that he wants Pac next, they said they agreed, well then step up to the table.....result, Arum trying to come up with more BS and having no way to back out of fight, without taking all the heat
TzFrank
You have to be a complete idiot to believe floyd is gonna fight morales next...why do people still believe what arum says??? Arum is clearly keeping this fight from happening, and I agree I would love to see another mayweather after dark episode to clear the air of the bullshit bob arum is trying to feed us
HazConvictedFelonMane
Bob Arum's starting to tell the truth. Of course he lies even when he's telling the truth. He went on record saying that he's never been keen on the idea of making the fight happen due to the things that Mayweather would be saying leading up to the fight. He said 'I don't want Manny to be tinted by the vile things that Mayweather would say to him'. He says he now thinks the fight would be an easy one for Manny.

I think he's full of shit! He knows that his fighter would get a massive ass whoopin' then he would get shredded by Floyd at the post fight press event. He doesn't want his fighter to be subjected to Mayweather's antics before the fight happens, and after he's picked Manny clean. The guy doesn't want the fans to be treated to history. What's wrong with the sport is shady ass promoters wanting to keep their fights in-house, and making sure that the biggest fight possible will never be made.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.