Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody Ready For The PPV Card This Weekend???
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I dont know if I shoud've started a thread for this, but I was curious as to know who was going to order JMM/Pac this weekend. I've been hearing mixed reviews from people, though more than a few say that they wont buy it. Of course Im buying it and hoping that the main event will be worth watching and last at least 6 rounds.

I read the Bradley article on the front page earlier, and actually felt a bit of excitement after reading. Yeah you heard me, Im actually ready to see Bradley fight. I dont think Casamayor is gonna go out like a biotch, though he's over the hill. Im ready to see Mike Jones fight as well...maybe Im just ready to see where both of these stand since they haven't fought in a while. Dont know if their opponents will actually help with my assessment, but anything can happen...its boxing.

Thoughts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 09:45 PM) *
I dont know if I shoud've started a thread for this, but I was curious as to know who was going to order JMM/Pac this weekend. I've been hearing mixed reviews from people, though more than a few say that they wont buy it. Of course Im buying it and hoping that the main event will be worth watching and last at least 6 rounds.

I read the Bradley article on the front page earlier, and actually felt a bit of excitement after reading. Yeah you heard me, Im actually ready to see Bradley fight. I dont think Casamayor is gonna go out like a biotch, though he's over the hill. Im ready to see Mike Jones fight as well...maybe Im just ready to see where both of these stand since they haven't fought in a while. Dont know if their opponents will actually help with my assessment, but anything can happen...its boxing.

Thoughts?

Not buying it; hoping to "come up" on a stream......(hint, hint)
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 8 2011, 09:45 PM) *

Thoughts?

Not to be a douchebag, but I'll only buy this one when top rank releases their numbers for the Pacquaio vs. Mosley classic for the ages....
bosco
Not really interested in watching it live....especially for 60 bucks...ill hear about it then watch it a week later
checkleft
I don't really feel like coughing up 60 bucks for this either.. if I can find a stream ill watch it, if not it won't break my heart to hear the results and maybe watch it later.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I highly doubt that I would even watch an illegal stream of it. I like Marquez though. I am a fan of his. The situation with the S&C coach with the sordid past has me kind of raised eyebrowish, but I'm cool with the fact that he's willing to be tested. Maybe he's saying he's willing to be tested because he knows that Manny won't be game to take them as well. He didn't say just test me. He said test us both. Giving the history of 'test us both', I think he was banking on the fact that Manny wouldn't accept. As far as that UFC card on FOX, I think I'd rather watch my arm get hacked off with a dull axe before I'd watch that.
Cshel86
Well, Im not sure if these responses are the final verdict, but I will see on Saturday around, hmmm...let's say 8:30 or 9PM laugh.gif That last minute pressure usually makes me hit the buy button...its the truth. Hell, if I ordered Dawson/Hopkins, then I already knew I was going to order this one. Besides, the undercards for Dawson/Hopkins were pretty good, so I dont feel cheated out of my money.

Me and my brother are going half on this fight, so I dont really feel too bad about it. To be honest, if this PPV were to be on Showtime, I probably wouldn't order it...maybe because Im still scarred from the whole Pac/Mosley card this past summer dntknw.gif
Allmenjoi8
UFC has a free fight on Fox on Saturday the same time the Pac and JMM. I wonder how many people will be tuning in for that? I will on the other hand will be watching the Oregon and Stanford game. The fight for the Pac 10 (screw the new name) title. That game will be a lot more interesting than the Boxing match and the UFC fight. Lets go DUCKS!!!!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 09:00 AM) *
Well, Im not sure if these responses are the final verdict, but I will see on Saturday around, hmmm...let's say 8:30 or 9PM laugh.gif That last minute pressure usually makes me hit the buy button...its the truth. Hell, if I ordered Dawson/Hopkins, then I already knew I was going to order this one. Besides, the undercards for Dawson/Hopkins were pretty good, so I dont feel cheated out of my money.

Me and my brother are going half on this fight, so I dont really feel too bad about it. To be honest, if this PPV were to be on Showtime, I probably wouldn't order it...maybe because Im still scarred from the whole Pac/Mosley card this past summer dntknw.gif

Shel....if I was in ATL, I'd suggest we meet up and go thirds on it. LOL.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 9 2011, 01:45 PM) *
Shel....if I was in ATL, I'd suggest we meet up and go thirds on it. LOL.

Ha! Nah I wouldn't even let you pitch in...besides you would be a guest, no need for that. If I end up having too much to drink before 9PM, then my bro may end up getting out of having to pay his half laugh.gif So I will save the drinks until after 9...something that I failed to do before the Hopkins/Dawson fight.
PlayaPartner
I am in the Atl. I will catch it in a bar or live stream. I will not pay for it. I payed for Mosley VS Pac and Ortiz VS Maywether. I will not give Maywether or Pac any more of my money unless they fight each other or if Maywether fights Martinez. Its not that I don't have the money I just don't feel neither one of them deserves it based on their opposition and no I am not hating on either guy. They view boxing as a business and I view what I spend my money on as important.
Cshel86
QUOTE (PlayaPartner @ Nov 9 2011, 02:13 PM) *
I am in the Atl. I will catch it in a bar or live stream. I will not pay for it. I payed for Mosley VS Pac and Ortiz VS Maywether. I will not give Maywether or Pac any more of my money unless they fight each other or if Maywether fights Martinez. Its not that I don't have the money I just don't feel neither one of them deserves it based on their opposition and no I am not hating on either guy. They view boxing as a business and I view what I spend my money on as important.

Cant knock you for that bro. If you catch it at a bar, just be sure to drink your beer out of a plastic cup laugh.gif I remember being shoulder-to-shoulder at Hooters for Jones/Trinidad and this guy got waaaay too excited during a knockdown. Long story short, he jumped out of his chair attempting a victory dance, and ended up bumping the guy sitting next to him.

Unfortunately, the guy that got bumped was sipping a Miller Lite (in the bottle) and ended up chipping his tooth when he got bumped. It gets worse...the guy that bumped him, happened to be his brother laugh.gif What do you do in a situation like that?
BigFightFan
I will be watching the fight the following week on HBO. I'm also excited about seeing Bradley fight since reading his articles on the main page. As far as mike jones, the last time I seen him in action he punched himself out and was given a gift decision on the PAC-Marg undercard. In the main event PAC is going to beat Marquez down with in 6 rounds.
Seek
Of course im ready! Friends, family, food and fights! This is going to be a great fight man I can not wait to see it. Everyone I know is pumped for the fight and will be ordering this in HD ASAP. WAR MARQUEZ!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 9 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Of course im ready! Friends, family, food and fights! This is going to be a great fight man I can not wait to see it. Everyone I know is pumped for the fight and will be ordering this in HD ASAP. WAR MARQUEZ!!!

Yeah those "HD" prices are a kick in the pants...especially with DirecTV no2.gif If I didn't discuss these fights as much as I did with you guys, then I wouldn't be too inclined to buy every fight. I guess the minute I start discussing these fights, is the minute I start talking myself into buying them! laugh.gif Im ready!
MaxPayne
I have people coming over, so yeah I mean, I'll get it, but I'm loathe to putting money into Arum's filthy hands. My boy Dynamita is fighting and even though he most likely will be the one to get lit up, I still have to support the man.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 03:25 PM) *
Yeah those "HD" prices are a kick in the pants...especially with DirecTV no2.gif If I didn't discuss these fights as much as I did with you guys, then I wouldn't be too inclined to buy every fight. I guess the minute I start discussing these fights, is the minute I start talking myself into buying them! laugh.gif Im ready!

Yeah I just hate to miss any fights really. I mean I am reading or watching boxing at work or on my smartphone through out every day. It's my hobby and one of my passions. There is no way I am going to miss a big fight like this over 60 or 70 bucks. Plus it's always me, my wife, a couple of hardcore boxing friends, mom dad and cousins or whoever else just wants to come by and watch the fight. Even if the fights suck, it's a perfect time to get together and have a party. But Pacquiao Marquez is not going to suck, this is going to be a very entertaining fight. Marquez looks very strong and EXPLOSIVE. Counting the days . . . . .
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 9 2011, 03:41 PM) *
I have people coming over, so yeah I mean, I'll get it, but I'm loathe to putting money into Arum's filthy hands. My boy Dynamita is fighting and even though he most likely will be the one to get lit up, I still have to support the man.

I hear ya! Its hard not to support it, especially if we are sitting here talking about it all day while we're supposed to be working laugh.gif

QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 9 2011, 03:43 PM) *
Yeah I just hate to miss any fights really. I mean I am reading or watching boxing at work or on my smartphone through out every day. It's my hobby and one of my passions. There is no way I am going to miss a big fight like this over 60 or 70 bucks. Plus it's always me, my wife, a couple of hardcore boxing friends, mom dad and cousins or whoever else just wants to come by and watch the fight. Even if the fights suck, it's a perfect time to get together and have a party. But Pacquiao Marquez is not going to suck, this is going to be a very entertaining fight. Marquez looks very strong and EXPLOSIVE. Counting the days . . . . .

+1

I hate missing fights! For some reason, I have to be the first to watch it...no waiting until the replay a week later. It got worse when I joined the forum...man it sucks to listen to guys discuss it a whole week before you even get to see it for yourself. Besides, its always a perfect time to party! If I dont spend $60 on this fight, then Im sure to find another of blowing it, smh. DVR helps too...its easy to go back and watch it repeatedly, along with keeping your investment.

I just ordered the equipment for DVR, so I can download fights and others programs from it, onto my computer (dont ask why I waited so long to do it).
jlupi
Pac is usually exciting but this is not ppv worthy in my opinion, but then few fights are
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 03:56 PM) *
I hear ya! Its hard not to support it, especially if we are sitting here talking about it all day while we're supposed to be working laugh.gif

+1

I hate missing fights! For some reason, I have to be the first to watch it...no waiting until the replay a week later. It got worse when I joined the forum...man it sucks to listen to guys discuss it a whole week before you even get to see it for yourself. Besides, its always a perfect time to party! If I dont spend $60 on this fight, then Im sure to find another of blowing it, smh. DVR helps too...its easy to go back and watch it repeatedly, along with keeping your investment.

I just ordered the equipment for DVR, so I can download fights and others programs from it, onto my computer (dont ask why I waited so long to do it).

Love the DVR. Especially when theres friday night fights, shobox, hbo and solo boxeo on at the same time. Or nights like Dec 3rd. Watch the Cotto Margarito PPV card while DVR the Darchinyan and Mares/Agbeko fights. This year is coming to an explosive ending. It's about time
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 9 2011, 05:01 PM) *
Love the DVR. Especially when theres friday night fights, shobox, hbo and solo boxeo on at the same time. Or nights like Dec 3rd. Watch the Cotto Margarito PPV card while DVR the Darchinyan and Mares/Agbeko fights. This year is coming to an explosive ending. It's about time

Damn I forgot Agbeko/Mares was on the same night as Cotto/Margarito. Really I found it hard to keep up with closing scheduling for the year, I just know who's fighting and there is going to be a fight damn near every weekend...guess thats good enough.
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 05:25 PM) *
Damn I forgot Agbeko/Mares was on the same night as Cotto/Margarito. Really I found it hard to keep up with closing scheduling for the year, I just know who's fighting and there is going to be a fight damn near every weekend...guess thats good enough.

Yeah talk about a night of drama. Cotto Margarito II feud at the Madison Square Garden. They are going to bring the house down! After that, throw on the Showtime fight with Mares Agbeko II. There was high drama the first fight you can bet there will be again. 2011 going out with a bang
gbh32001
Lucky here to watch it live and free.JMM by split decision or Pacquiao by KO.
gbh32001
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 10 2011, 06:54 AM) *
Yeah talk about a night of drama. Cotto Margarito II feud at the Madison Square Garden. They are going to bring the house down! After that, throw on the Showtime fight with Mares Agbeko II. There was high drama the first fight you can bet there will be again. 2011 going out with a bang
Watch the "face off" and it will chill your bone some more...
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 9 2011, 05:54 PM) *

Im ready!

QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 9 2011, 06:33 PM) *
Watch the "face off" and it will chill your bone some more...

I thought it was supposed to air after the last episode of 24/7? Is it out yet?

Well, this is all I found at the moment...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.