Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berto vs. Ortiz part of May-per-view 2013?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
This idea is obviously completely speculative, but as reported on FightHype and elsewhere, Berto vs. Ortiz would be a co-main event along with Alexander vs. Malignaggi (or whoever ends up signing). The boxers involved and the set up made me think that this could practically be the first round of the May-Per-View 2013 tournament. I did read what FightHype had on the apparently fading Alexander/Malignaggi negotiations, but I think that he'd probably lose to Alexander anyway and definitely to Berto, or Ortiz, so no big deal if Alexander fights somone else.

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 9 2011, 10:50 PM) *
This is obviously completely speculative, but after reading the below update, the double header nature of the fights and the boxers involved made me think that this could practically be the first round of the May-Per-View 2013 tournament. I did read what FightHype had on the apparently fading Alexander/Malignaggi negotiations, but I think that he'd probably lose to Alexander anyway and definitely to Berto, or Ortiz, so no big deal if Alexander fights somone else.

"Berto (28-1, 22 KOs) and Ortiz (29-3-2, 22 KOs) could meet on Jan. 28 at a site to be determined, if Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is able to work out a deal with HBO that includes a potential welterweight double-header that would include former WBC/IBF junior welterweight titleholder Devon Alexander (22-1, 13 KOs) against former IBF junior welterweight titleholder Paulie Malignaggi. (30-4, 6 KOs)."
http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170051-...r-ortiz-rematch

Berto/Ortiz and Alexander/Malignaggi may very well be on the way to being finalized real soon. Im not sure about Malignaggi being part of the tournament, but who knows. This will be a great double-header though!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 10:59 PM) *
Berto/Ortiz and Alexander/Malignaggi may very well be on the way to being finalized real soon. Im not sure about Malignaggi being part of the tournament, but who knows. This will be a great double-header though!

Definitely.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 9 2011, 10:59 PM) *

Agreed. I think these are 2 solid bouts and I jus appreciate good fights being made
iKeNjiro
Hmmmm I would pay for these fights

Berto vs Ortiz
Same outcome, unless Berto changes or betters his difference

Alexander vs Malignaggi
Ummm this is a toss up for me, their both avg. fighters so should be good
neither deserve a match against Floyd IMO

still good card and good fights I'll pay for it
leonthegee
put Alexander and Malignaggi on Fri night fights.
Cshel86
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 10 2011, 11:45 AM) *
put Alexander and Malignaggi on Fri night fights.

Hahaha!!! I think they both have a few more fights to screw up before they end up on FNF. Alexander is definitely on borrowed time (in my opinion). Paulie is gonna stay in the light, though he isn't landing any big fights nowadays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.