Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OSDT FTW!!!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
Random, full fledged drug testing, now!!!! Good for Ortiz and Berto, who have agreed to implement it and I assume the same for the other guys in the co-main event.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Heredia should advocate for OSDT.
Cshel86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 10 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Heredia should advocate for OSDT.

Why shoud he advocate OSDT when the research on the front page clearly shows his fascination for PEDs, how to keep them from being detected, and so forth? I mean, dude seems to know his shit. Though its the past, Im not sure he knows how to stay away from it. Check out that article on the front page...it was jaw-dropping.
Aware
There exists the potential for an infinite number of UNDETECTABLE designer steroids according to this article http://www.steroidreport.com/2008/08/22/co...igner-steroids/. This article was written in 2008 and forecasted an explosion of the production of these type of steroids. Furthermore, these new "steroids" do not have the side effects of the old ones. Thus one has to conclude that if an athlete has the proper resources, he can use PEDs and pass all the CURRENT drug tests. Fucking sucks!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 10 2011, 04:28 PM) *
There exists the potential for an infinite number of UNDETECTABLE designer steroids according to this article http://www.steroidreport.com/2008/08/22/co...igner-steroids/. This article was written in 2008 and forecasted an explosion of the production of these type of steroids. Furthermore, these new "steroids" do not have the side effects of the old ones. Thus one has to conclude that if an athlete has the proper resources, he can use PEDs and pass all the CURRENT drug tests. Fucking sucks!

As far as passing all of the current drug tests, tell that to the many athletes who have been busted and banned since 2008. If OSDT was implemented across the board I will take my chances that the testing will be successful. The problem isn't that tests don't work, it's that the level and nature of testing must be of the highest standards - (WADA standards) and completely RANDOM.
Aware
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2011, 08:43 PM) *
As far as passing all of the current drug tests, tell that to the many athletes who have been busted and banned since 2008. If OSDT was implemented across the board I will take my chances that the testing will be successful. The problem isn't that tests don't work, it's that the level and nature of testing must be of the highest standards - (WADA standards) and completely RANDOM.

Did you read the article? I believe the article implies that with this technique of Dynamic Combinatorial Chemistry, you can synthesize a large number of new (meaning never before created) steroid compounds. The athletes that have been caught are probably using steroids created from diosgenin which is easier to detect. Obviously not all athletes are going to receive state of the art steroids, but those who do will be able to evade the tests.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 10 2011, 10:56 PM) *
Did you read the article? I believe the article implies that with this technique of Dynamic Combinatorial Chemistry, you can synthesize a large number of new (meaning never before created) steroid compounds. The athletes that have been caught are probably using steroids created from diosgenin which is easier to detect. Obviously not all athletes are going to receive state of the art steroids, but those who do will be able to evade the tests.

Okay you've busted me, I didn't read the article that you referred to. As Heredia said, this is all chemistry i.e. working with molecules - creating compounds that have specific effects because of the molecules that are in that compound and very importantly the chemical environment that those chemicals are supposed to work in i.e the human body and also specific parts of the human body. I understand why steroid people think that they're so smart, it's because the drugs (that's all that they are) are very targeted and very effective (now with no apparent side effects....highly doubtful), but as Heredia said, it's all chemistry and it's all traceable molecules, either directly, or indirectly (byproducts). The testing just has to be as cutting edge and RANDOM and I'll take my chances with the testing.
Cshel86
Man these dudes will never leave this PED shit alone, especially because they know too much about it and its like second nature to them, too easy. That shit is like the the dope game to them...dudes can get caught and serve several short stints or few extensive ones, but they just cant leave it alone...thats all they know. I believe EVERY boxer should be tested year round, especially after I read his article and saw how easy it was for him to make sure that it couldn't be detected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.