Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PEDs
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
mgrover
Would you mind if an athlete was using PEDs in the sport of boxing? I mean both sides, completely adhering to the rules, since these drugs are becoming more and more refined and less side effects would it not just be easier to allow everyone to use PEDs rather than have some at a disadvantage because others are undetected? I understand especially that in boxing the life of the athletes is in danger, but the towel is always there to throw.
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 10 2011, 08:36 PM) *
Would you mind if an athlete was using PEDs in the sport of boxing? I mean both sides, completely adhering to the rules, since these drugs are becoming more and more refined and less side effects would it not just be easier to allow everyone to use PEDs rather than have some at a disadvantage because others are undetected? I understand especially that in boxing the life of the athletes is in danger, but the towel is always there to throw.

Are you Pacquiao in disguise? LOL
Cshel86
Man Grover, if I didn't know you any better, I would've thought this was a troll thread laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

The crazy thing is, I felt this way about the upcoming JMM/Pacquiao bout this weekend. Since Marquez's new strength & conditioning coach almost cleared his name, then the research I read about him today just made him look like he couldn't walk away from PEDs...I dont know what to say.

Looking at JMM's new physique's and reading what I read about his S & C coach, along with what some people think about Pac...the odds of the fight almost seem to be even at this point laugh.gif
mgrover
its not intended as a troll thread, its not just in boxing ive come to see this, a sport heavily effected by steriod abuse is bodybuilding, to the extent that the only way to level the playing field is to take some, i mean atheletes take protein and creatine to support recovery and growth and usually they are artifical and not your standard egg white, why shoulds peds be any different.

if anyone wants to troll, kindly pm me and ill kindly ignore it.
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 10 2011, 08:11 PM) *
its not intended as a troll thread, its not just in boxing ive come to see this, a sport heavily effected by steriod abuse is bodybuilding, to the extent that the only way to level the playing field is to take some, i mean atheletes take protein and creatine to support recovery and growth and usually they are artifical and not your standard egg white, why shoulds peds be any different.

if anyone wants to troll, kindly pm me and ill kindly ignore it.

Nah you're good man, and I get your point...especially about bodybuilding. Hell, they show these guys on tv using steroids, and I remember one show in particular (MTV True Life) bodybuilders and amateur MMA fighters were ordering the shit and injecting it. Im pretty sure they use 'em big time in professional wrestling...makes ay wonder why they consider it "entertainment" now, rather than a sport. I saw Lex Luger in person and that muthafucka was tall as hell and wider than my storm door.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 10 2011, 07:36 PM) *

I understand playing devil's advocate, but some things are just beyond debating. Just because you're on PEDS and might be able to do more damage, doesn't mean that you can take more damage. As far as just "throwing in the towel," you do know that a lot of the life threatening injuries that a boxer could sustain aren't visible, like say swelling of the brain, so just saying that a corner can avert danger by throwing in the towel is very, very irresponsible.
PEDS are for pussies!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2011, 08:50 PM) *
I understand playing devil's advocate, but some things are just beyond debating. Just because you're on PEDS and might be able to do more damage, doesn't mean that you can take more damage. As far as just "throwing in the towel," you do know that a lot of the life threatening injuries that a boxer could sustain aren't visible, like say swelling of the brain, so just saying that a corner can avert danger by throwing in the towel is very, very irresponsible.
PEDS are for pussies!

+1...The ramifications for using PEDs "above board"...geesh, where do you start? For instance, as Cheesy pointed out, the health of the fighters. Boxing is potentially lethal enough, w/o adding "power pellets" to it. There was a reason that fights went from unlimited rounds to 20+ to 15 and now to 12. In addition, as in body building, there are two different organizations. There is bodybuilding and there is the "natural" (read: steroid-free) competition. For those who want to use anabolic steroids (which is where the money is), they are grouped together and the same for those who opt not to use. How would boxing work? Essentially, you'd force fighters to use PEDs or get a regular 9 to 5...or would PEDrs only fight other PEDrs?

Lastly, the prolonged use of PEDs, in particular, steroids add to an already laundry list of problems fighters procure over their fighting careers.

Btw, almost forgot...IT AIN'T EASY BEIN' CHEESY!!!
Cshel86
I believe we all see the results of the fighters from those "15 rounds era"...add PEDs on top of that...and you end up with a freakin' walking vegetable. Those injuries that aren't visible, sometimes are are the worst. Half of those guys talk like they have a mouth full of ritz crackers no2.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2011, 09:24 PM) *
I believe we all see the results of the fighters from those "15 rounds era"...add PEDs on top of that...and you end up with a freakin' walking vegetable. Those injuries that aren't visible, sometimes are are the worst. Half of those guys talk like they have a mouth full of ritz crackers no2.gif

James Toney is an excellent example (though he isn't from the 15 round era).
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 10 2011, 09:44 PM) *
James Toney is an excellent example (though he isn't from the 15 round era).

That mofo just talks too damn fast! laugh.gif
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 10 2011, 09:16 PM) *
+1...The ramifications for using PEDs "above board"...geesh, where do you start? For instance, as Cheesy pointed out, the health of the fighters. Boxing is potentially lethal enough, w/o adding "power pellets" to it. There was a reason that fights went from unlimited rounds to 20+ to 15 and now to 12. In addition, as in body building, there are two different organizations. There is bodybuilding and there is the "natural" (read: steroid-free) competition. For those who want to use anabolic steroids (which is where the money is), they are grouped together and the same for those who opt not to use. How would boxing work? Essentially, you'd force fighters to use PEDs or get a regular 9 to 5...or would PEDrs only fight other PEDrs?

Lastly, the prolonged use of PEDs, in particular, steroids add to an already laundry list of problems fighters procure over their fighting careers.

Cheese 4 life!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 10 2011, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 10 2011, 10:02 PM) *
Cheese 4 life!!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Man Im done with yall two, lol...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 10 2011, 09:53 PM) *
That mofo just talks too damn fast! laugh.gif

That AND he got the Bacon and Egg scrambler for a brain, at this point.
HazConvictedFelonMane
I'd rather support a sport free of PEDs. Boxing is dangerous enough already. I'm all for these PED scientists doing the right thing and help the sport combat this problem. It would be nice to maintain the integrity of the sport of boxing.
Cshel86
Wow! What the hell is up with Max Kellerman asking JMM if Heredia actually gave him PEDs on the 24/7 Overtime? WTF?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 11 2011, 10:18 PM) *
Wow! What the hell is up with Max Kellerman asking JMM if Heredia actually gave him PEDs on the 24/7 Overtime? WTF?

Do I even need to mention the double standard in boxing?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 12 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Do I even need to mention the double standard in boxing?

Really! Smh, Kellerman just shit all over Marquez's moment with that dumb ass question. I dont ever remember anybody directly asking Manny if he was on anything...I could be wrong though.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 01:20 PM) *
Really! Smh, Kellerman just shit all over Marquez's moment with that dumb ass question. I dont ever remember anybody directly asking Manny if he was on anything...I could be wrong though.

Writers at press conferences recently have been asking Manny does he take PED's or know of it and automatically Bob Arum throws them out for asking. Your right it is a double standard, no one at the HBO crew has asked them about it but have continuously grilled other fighters for numerous things. Manny is the symbol of boxing right now, nice, sportsman like, friendly, all action orientated, doesn't talk trash, humble, and plays the mr. nice guy character.
K18
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 12 2011, 06:30 PM) *
Writers at press conferences recently have been asking Manny does he take PED's or know of it and automatically Bob Arum throws them out for asking. Your right it is a double standard, no one at the HBO crew has asked them about it but have continuously grilled other fighters for numerous things. Manny is the symbol of boxing right now, nice, sportsman like, friendly, all action orientated, doesn't talk trash, humble, and plays the mr. nice guy character.

I agree, they are grilling Marquez about him(choice of trainer) and possible PED use....of course this is all ok,.... ask if Manny is, and its blasphemy. One guy adds muscle and appears to have improved his speed and power and its natural, the other guy(rumors and sparring partners) does the same and he must be on something....shit is crazy
mgrover
its all politics. its all boxing ever was and ever will be. instead of the mafia you got promoters running shit now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.