Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andre Ward
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
Ward seems to have it all...Technique, speed, foot work, decent power, defense...the whole package. The only thing I've seen what I dont like is how at times he seems to lunge and leave himself off balance but no one has been able to capitalize on it. I think he's gonna give Froch a boxing lesson...the question is after that...whats next?
Seek
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 11 2011, 12:10 PM) *
Ward seems to have it all...Technique, speed, foot work, decent power, defense...the whole package. The only thing I've seen what I dont like is how at times he seems to lunge and leave himself off balance but no one has been able to capitalize on it. I think he's gonna give Froch a boxing lesson...the question is after that...whats next?

He is going to school Froch. Bute is the real test. Bute has more power, good movement, good speed but Ward may have the reach and he is a damn good technician. I'll probably favor Ward if that fight ever goes down but Bute has a real good shot at winning.
Cshel86
If anything, Im pretty sure Bute is next. I've noticed his lunging a bit, but most of the time he seems to clean it up by bending down in front of his opponent. His style reminds me of FMJ, but of course he's bigger and quick for his size. He seems very comfortable and aware of everything going on in the ring, so its easy for him to cover up his mistakes when he makes them. He always seems to be 2 steps ahead of his opponent, so him suffering from his mistakes may come when he begins to slow down or face an equally quick opponent.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 11 2011, 12:03 PM) *
He is going to school Froch. Bute is the real test. Bute has more power, good movement, good speed but Ward may have the reach and he is a damn good technician. I'll probably favor Ward if that fight ever goes down but Bute has a real good shot at winning.

I've watched Bute a little bit and I honestly dont see anything special...I need to see him against better competition than an old faded Glen Johnson. If he fought Ward he would get exposed.
PR316
He is great. But Froch, Bute, and Dirrell would give him a run. I still think he beats all 3.

And I see him moving up to 175 and dethroning Chad Dawson too.

He doesn't have many weaknesses. If anything, he lacks power and some killer instinct. But he's a VERY smart fighter and is technically as sound as they come.
Sunni6Killer
Way to go out on a limb TS.
King Eugene
He will conquer 168 and have a big showdown with the last man standing between Pascal, Dawson, and Cloud.
Plah
^
Cheesey1
QUOTE (PR316 @ Nov 11 2011, 06:52 PM) *
He is great. But Froch, Bute, and Dirrell would give him a run. I still think he beats all 3.

And I see him moving up to 175 and dethroning Chad Dawson too.

He doesn't have many weaknesses. If anything, he lacks power and some killer instinct. But he's a VERY smart fighter and is technically as sound as they come.

Got to agree with you there man. Big fan of Andre S.o.G Ward. The other guys are good boxers too, but Ward's good and can get better if he becomes a bit more angry, but no complaints, the kid knows how to box.
mrchitown
Ward is the complete package and even though I think Bute would give him a good test I think he's the best @ super middleweight. The 1 thing I'd like to see him develop as his career advances his a killer instinct, I'd like to see him move in for the kill when he has his opponents behind in rounds against him
sduck
Yep, we're looking at the next superstar in Ward.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.