Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Amir Khan wants winner of Berto-Ortiz rematch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
streetlion1
I've watched alot of Amir Khan and the thought of him fighting an Ortiz or Berto is laughable....the thought of him fighting Mayweather is even more laughable.

I think he gets stopped by all 3 of them....any thoughts? Am I just sleeping on this kid...or am I right?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 11 2011, 06:19 PM) *
I've watched alot of Amir Khan and the thought of him fighting an Ortiz or Berto is laughable....the thought of him fighting Mayweather is even more laughable.

I think he gets stopped by all 3 of them....any thoughts? Am I just sleeping on this kid...or am I right?

I think he very well could beat Berto. Depending on which Ortiz shows up, determines how that fight goes. As far as May is concerned...YAWN.
Cshel86
Khan's growing on me, and Im actually happy that he's taking the necessary steps to land a megafight...rather than just call out Mayweather and hope that the shit happens. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight the winner or Berto/Ortiz, its necessary. I wouldn't be mad if he landed a Mayweather fight by the end of next year. Is he good enough to compete? For the most part. Does "for the most part" get a pass because he's taking the necessary steps to land a big fight? Absolutely!

I believe that he has a chance at beating both Ortiz and Berto. To be honest, between the two of them, I believe Berto will give him more of a fight than Ortiz. Victor's size, power, and that wild ass pounce that he does, will be a problem for Khan, but Khan's movement, handspeed, and ability to turn Victor, will frustrate him. We all know Ortiz is a mental case anyway, but who knows. Berto will bring the fight to him, and make it an inside fight as long as he can neutralize Khan's jab and handspeed...only if he doesn't allow Khan to turn him all night.

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 11 2011, 06:51 PM) *
Khan's growing on me, and Im actually happy that he's taking the necessary steps to land a megafight...rather than just call out Mayweather and hope that the shit happens. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight the winner or Berto/Ortiz, its necessary. I wouldn't be mad if he landed a Mayweather fight by the end of next year. Is he good enough to compete? For the most part. Does "for the most part" get a pass because he's taking the necessary steps to land a big fight? Absolutely!

I believe that he has a chance at beating both Ortiz and Berto. To be honest, between the two of them, I believe Berto will give him more of a fight than Ortiz. Victor's size, power, and that wild ass pounce that he does, will be a problem for Khan, but Khan's movement, handspeed, and ability to turn Victor, will frustrate him. We all know Ortiz is a mental case anyway, but who knows. Berto will bring the fight to him, and make it an inside fight as long as he can neutralize Khan's jab and handspeed...only if he doesn't allow Khan to turn him all night.

I agree that Berto brings the fight to him, but Roach, if he's worth a salt, will tell Khan to stay on the outside, until Berto blows his load. AFter that, it should be Khan...that being said, Khan better not gas.

Against Victor, I see the opposite...In Victor, I see a guy, w/ the exception of movement (and maybe speed), is better at virtually every aspect than Khan. Strength, power: no contest. Tenacity: Victor. Now, the biggest ?-mark is the "ticker". Like I said, it depends on which Victor shows up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 11 2011, 06:04 PM) *
Against Victor, I see the opposite...In Victor, I see a guy, w/ the exception of movement (and maybe speed), is better at virtually every aspect than Khan. Strength, power: no contest. Tenacity: Victor. Now, the biggest ?-mark is the "ticker". Like I said, it depends on which Victor shows up.

More than likely this will be the fight that Ortiz shows up for, but he's done himself no justice by getting outclassed...there are too many blueprints on how to beat Victor...whether you frustrate the hell outta him, or take all of his [unches just to come back and beat him like a step-child. Like I said, if Khan succeeds by constantly moving and peppering Victor, then he can slay his confidence.
Seek
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 11 2011, 05:19 PM) *

I think Khan beats Berto and Ortiz. After he struggles somewhat with Peterson, a lot of people are going to disagree with this but most just underestimate Lamont.

If Ortiz was a little more level-headed, he could stand a chance. I don't see him being able to handle Khan's speed or power. He will fade and lose a decision.

Berto will put up a closer fight. He has trouble sticking to a game-plan and fighting his fight. Khan will match Berto with speed and power but with a much better jab. UD for Khan
PR316
He'd have a chance against Berto and Ortiz because neither guy is tremendously skilled...

But both guys punch hard enough to put him to sleep.

As for him and Mayweather, can I say MISMATCH??
iKeNjiro
I'm shocked he took this route
that's really a good look on his behalf, now whether he's just running his mouth again or serious who knows.
Time will tell however which is accurate
Seek
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 11 2011, 07:01 PM) *
I'm shocked he took this route
that's really a good look on his behalf, now whether he's just running his mouth again or serious who knows.
Time will tell however which is accurate

I'm not really a Khan fan but he just has so many advantages over todays opponents. He will be a problem for any 147 fighter today. I really hope he gets to fight Mayweather because it will be a very exciting fight. He's bigger, just as fast as Floyd, better jab and more power. For all those saying mismatch. It's no more of a mismatch than Floyd's last 4 fights! By the time he fights Floyd, he will have beat Barrera, Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Maidana, McClosky, Judah, Peterson and possibly Berto or Ortiz. Undisputed at 140 champion and soon to be 147 champion. He might run his mouth but he sure has been backing it up
Dlac
han doesnt beat berto in my book.. he will tag em all night but berto goin test that chin
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 11 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Undisputed at 140 champion

I would put that statement on hold until Tweety Bird decides that he's ready to fight. laugh.gif
Plah
I have:

1.Khan
2.Ortiz
3.Berto
BoxingEinstein

Khan gives both problems but Ortiz has a better inside game than Berto. I see Khan tagging Berto all night with the jab and keeping him from swarming him or allowing him to throw bombs. Both fighters are fast and have KO power and will test Khan's chin for 12 rounds.

Look

Berto's Advantages: 1.Speed

2. Power

3. Hand Speed

4. Chin

Ortiz's Advantages: 1. Hand speed

2. Power

3. Ability to fight in the pocket

4. Decent boxing ability

5. Speed

But like others said...it depends on which Ortiz shows up. I like Khan in both fights he's proving himself more and more worthy. People want him to rematch Maidana but he beat him....period. He don't have to rematch him but then again Maidana is his mandatory so maybe he can get a rematch (doubt it) if he gets past Lamont.
streetlion1
The only edge I would give Khan against Berto or Ortiz would be a better jab. Other than that I just dont see any advantages and the guy would get himself KOed. He gives up alot in terms of power...I dont think he really has an edge in speed...foot speed maybe. Also the knock on Ortiz is his heart but I dont think Khan could do much of anything to frustrate him.

As far as a fight with Floyd laugh.gif he would get destroyed.
BoxingStill#1
Khan has some proving to do IMO....

I had Judah damn near ahead of him until the stoppage

I think Peterson will present that opportunity for me to see what I need to see for me to make that assessment.

As for now I see Khan and Ortiz as a good scrap. I give Otriz the edge because of his natuaral size and power.

Idk what Berto would show up but I also give him the advantage with his speed and power. Either way a good fight IMO.
Seek
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 12 2011, 11:24 AM) *

I think Peterson will present that opportunity for me to see what I need to see for me to make that assessment.

As for now I see Khan and Ortiz as a good scrap. I give Otriz the edge because of his natuaral size and power.

Idk what Berto would show up but I also give him the advantage with his speed and power. Either way a good fight IMO.

wtf.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 12 2011, 12:24 PM) *

We (myself included) talk about Victor's mental state, but why are we actin' punch drunk and not realizing that Khan's psyche is seemingly a bit fragile as well. I mean, am I the only one who remembers Breidis Prescott and noticed that Khan/Roach haven't looked to excise that demon?
Allmenjoi8
Khan vs. Ortiz would make more money. How will Ortiz come back from the "sucker" punch May landed on him? WIll Ortiz headbutt again or will he fight like he did against Berto. Can Khan stand the power of Victor or will his chin collaspe like the World Trade? Berto has to rebuild his name. Now if he beats Ortiz and looks damn good doing it, then I would say bring on Khan. Hell there is your undercard to May 5th.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 12 2011, 11:24 AM) *

I was wishing the same thing while I yelled at Judah through the tv for 5 rounds laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 12 2011, 12:04 PM) *
We (myself included) talk about Victor's mental state, but why are we actin' punch drunk and not realizing that Khan's psyche is seemingly a bit fragile as well. I mean, am I the only one who remembers Breidis Prescott and noticed that Khan/Roach haven't looked to excise that demon?

Well Khan verbally expressed his interest in fighting Prescott, but Im not sure that actually means that he wants to. Its somewhat of a high risk, with a low reward. Maybe he said he wanted to fight, just because it sounded good to the fans dntknw.gif

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 12 2011, 01:53 PM) *
Khan vs. Ortiz would make more money. How will Ortiz come back from the "sucker" punch May landed on him? WIll Ortiz headbutt again or will he fight like he did against Berto. Can Khan stand the power of Victor or will his chin collaspe like the World Trade? Berto has to rebuild his name. Now if he beats Ortiz and looks damn good doing it, then I would say bring on Khan. Hell there is your undercard to May 5th.

Ortiz was using his head the whole time in the Berto fight, but who am I to judge? I truly dont believe Berto lost much in the Ortiz fight, though he got his ass handed to him. Ig anything, both of their stocks raised after the fight, because Berto did put up a fight. If Berto beats Ortiz in January, then he could very well be next for FMJ on May 5th.

An undercard would probably end up being Ortiz/Khan, right before the May/Berto fight...depending on how January goes and who FMJ feels like fighting. Thats usually how it goes...the winner of the fight RIGHT before the main event on a PPV card is usually next for the winner of the main event...depending on how the promoters decide to work it out.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 05:16 PM) *
I was wishing the same thing while I yelled at Judah through the tv for 5 rounds laugh.gif

Well Khan verbally expressed his interest in fighting Prescott, but Im not sure that actually means that he wants to. Its somewhat of a high risk, with a low reward. Maybe he said he wanted to fight, just because it sounded good to the fans dntknw.gif

Ortiz was using his head the whole time in the Berto fight, but who am I to judge? I truly dont believe Berto lost much in the Ortiz fight, though he got his ass handed to him. Ig anything, both of their stocks raised after the fight, because Berto did put up a fight. If Berto beats Ortiz in January, then he could very well be next for FMJ on May 5th.

An undercard would probably end up being Ortiz/Khan, right before the May/Berto fight...depending on how January goes and who FMJ feels like fighting. Thats usually how it goes...the winner of the fight RIGHT before the main event on a PPV card is usually next for the winner of the main event...depending on how the promoters decide to work it out.

You are really impressing me. You are the best functional drunk that I know
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 12 2011, 05:24 PM) *
You are really impressing me. You are the best functional drunk that I know

I will take that as a compliment laugh.gif After tonight, Im hoping that my liver gives me a pass for football drinking tomorrow.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 07:36 PM) *
I will take that as a compliment laugh.gif After tonight, Im hoping that my liver gives me a pass for football drinking tomorrow.

You should! It was my school's Homecoming last week and man, those undergrads were sloppy! I am glad you made it through this weekend. The kids are counting on you
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:09 PM) *
You should! It was my school's Homecoming last week and man, those undergrads were sloppy! I am glad you made it through this weekend. The kids are counting on you

Im actually ALMOST ashamed of my early posts in the JMM/Pac thread...the rants got worse. As far as Khan goes, let's see how he good he looks against Peterson next month before he starts talking about who he wants next.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.