Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Robert Guerrero Wants Mayweather on May 5th (Topics Merged/Poll Added))
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
So Guerrero wants in on a Mayweather fight...so does the rest of the world. Im sure it would be good, but Im sure that we all want to see Guerrero do great things at 140...like that Maidana fight that we were a few days away from witnessing dntknw.gif

Hell, he can still get in there with Morales, Matthysse, Khan, or Bradley at this point. Guerrero is great to watch, but a Mayweather fight would be much too soon (in my opinion).

Thoughts?
Plah
Very nice matchup and it should be a very good fight. Problem is Guerrero has almost never fought above 135 (only once if i recall), and doesn't have a name outside the boxing world. Other than that, I'll pay for that. Would love to see him against Marquez, Khan and Bradley. I think he beats Morales and Matthysse with little problem
HazConvictedFelonMane
Much too soon. I think it would be a respectable match up for Floyd. Guerrero beat the stuffing out of Katsidis. Katsidis asked Guerrero what was he looking at during the ref's instructions. I guess Guerrero's silent response was 'the guy who's ass I'm about to kick'. He needs to handle business at 140 first. He has to face guys like Maidana or someone like that. He needs to stay away from older fighters like Morales and beat some of the younger fighters. I'd give Guerrero a shot at beating most of the guys at 140. Asking for Mayweather is a step in the right direction but he has to get past some of the gate keepers. The injury really messed him up. I was picking him to beat Maidana and move forward to someone like Amir Khan. I like Robert Guerrero. He's a role model for the kids. A future star in the sport. I wish him the best of luck and I'm a supporter.
BoxingEinstein

The Ghost has the skills to be the dark horse and sleeper in boxing right now. He has the pop, boxing skills, ring IQ, aggressiveness and controlled aggression style to give everyone at 140 hell. I hope he can fight Matthysse or Khan would be good fights for him if not Maidana. I would pay to see him fight Floyd as it would be an interesting match up. Get well soon Ghost and the first fight to start off with in the new year should be either Matthysse or Maidana if you can beat them both impressively then you def made your mark at 140. Stay Hungry. #boxing
iKeNjiro
The big 140 names have moved up to 147
But he should take one fight at least at 140
then move up an fight a top tier guy at 147
An if he can do this in two fights an win impressively
Then yea a fight with Floyd would be cool.

But aren't we getting ahead of ourselves?
We're talking like Floyd will be around after 2012

Honestly I think Floyd is finishing this year BIG
Martinez and Pacquiao

Floyd will be 35 this year
i don't see him going past 35 an fighting
Seems he's looking to put the ! Point at the end of his HOF career
IMO

Any way to early
bnoles4life
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 12 2011, 09:07 AM) *
The big 140 names have moved up to 147
But he should take one fight at least at 140
then move up an fight a top tier guy at 147
An if he can do this in two fights an win impressively
Then yea a fight with Floyd would be cool.

But aren't we getting ahead of ourselves?
We're talking like Floyd will be around after 2012

Honestly I think Floyd is finishing this year BIG
Martinez and Pacquiao

Floyd will be 35 this year
i don't see him going past 35 an fighting
Seems he's looking to put the ! Point at the end of his HOF career
IMO

Any way to early

I think Floyd stops at 36. I don't see him fighting Guerrero unless there is something in the Ghost's backdrop that can be sold to the casual fan. How and why do you think Floyd/Vic did 1.25M buys? Vic's triumphant win over Berto and all of his life's adversity (family, homeless, quit on stool, etc.). Great storyline. Had Berto won, they had the Haiti backdrop to sell (though they're black fighters and if there's anything America has taught us is, we don't REALLY care about poor countries (or areas in the U.S.) whose primary residents are black. Remember, if doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense. Then again, it is Cinco de Mayo....
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 12 2011, 08:35 AM) *
I think Floyd stops at 36. I don't see him fighting Guerrero unless there is something in the Ghost's backdrop that can be sold to the casual fan. How and why do you think Floyd/Vic did 1.25M buys? Vic's triumphant win over Berto and all of his life's adversity (family, homeless, quit on stool, etc.). Great storyline. Had Berto won, they had the Haiti backdrop to sell (though they're black fighters and if there's anything America has taught us is, we don't REALLY care about poor countries (or areas in the U.S.) whose primary residents are black. Remember, if doesn't make dollars, it doesn't make sense. Then again, it is Cinco de Mayo....

I think Guerrero's backstory would be great, but the idea of the fight is too soon. He is definitely about two years away from a Mayweather fight. If he can wiggle his way into a fight with Khan (which would be easy) or Ortiz (somewhat unlikey), to get some outside fans somewhat interested.

I believe his wife's cancer situation would play a big part in his backstory, and he's a great determined fighter, so it shouldn't be hard to put together. The only thing hilding it back is the fact that its too soon and he doesn't have that big fan base just yet.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 12:36 AM) *
So Guerrero wants in on a Mayweather fight...so does the rest of the world. Im sure it would be good, but Im sure that we all want to see Guerrero do great things at 140...like that Maidana fight that we were a few days away from witnessing dntknw.gif Hell, he can still get in there with Morales, Matthysse, Khan, or Bradley at this point. Guerrero is great to watch, but a Mayweather fight would be much too soon (in my opinion).

Thoughts?

Go to admit that I don't know too much about Guerrero, seen some of him in passing and heard his name, but I haven't gone out of my way to watch him, but I'll start paying more attention to him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 13 2011, 11:26 AM) *
Go to admit that I don't know too much about Guerrero, seen some of him in passing and heard his name, but I haven't gone out of my way to watch him, but I'll start paying more attention to him.

Yeah you may wanna catch a few of his fights, then get back with us. He's a solid fighter, if I must say so myself.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 04:18 PM) *
I think Guerrero's backstory would be great, but the idea of the fight is too soon. He is definitely about two years away from a Mayweather fight. If he can wiggle his way into a fight with Khan (which would be easy) or Ortiz (somewhat unlikey), to get some outside fans somewhat interested.

I believe his wife's cancer situation would play a big part in his backstory, and he's a great determined fighter, so it shouldn't be hard to put together. The only thing hilding it back is the fact that its too soon and he doesn't have that big fan base just yet.

Oh yeah, that's right. I couldn't remember why his name sound familiar, but I was coming up empty! Oh yeah...he needs a deeper base. He needs to crack some heads, but I'm doubting any of the aforementioned will risk their future vacations on this guy.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 12 2011, 04:18 PM) *

A Guerrero fight w/ Brandon Rios has "OMFG" written all over it!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 09:39 PM) *
A Guerrero fight w/ Brandon Rios has "OMFG" written all over it!!!

Yeah Rios will be coming for Guerrero's ass in this one! A win over Guerrero will help him pass go and collect those $200 in the boxing world, while a victory for Guerrero will give him that official "bad ass" stamp of approval.
Allmenjoi8
The Ghost Guerro has been thrown around for possible opponents May will fight. If this fight happens, is it a good choice for May (why or why not) and who you got?
HazConvictedFelonMane
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 18 2011, 07:42 PM) *
The Ghost Guerro has been thrown around for possible opponents May will fight. If this fight happens, is it a good choice for May (why or why not) and who you got?

I think it's a good fight. I got Money May all the way. It would be a tough fight. If it isn't, that's just one more reason that Floyd is P4P KING and an all time great. Possibly the best technical fighter of all time. The Ghost is a very worthy opponent. He bashed Katsidis up very well. He's capable of being the fighter that can change the guard so it's acceptable in my opinion.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 18 2011, 08:03 PM) *
I think it's a good fight. I got Money May all the way. It would be a tough fight. If it isn't, that's just one more reason that Floyd is P4P KING and an all time great. Possibly the best technical fighter of all time. The Ghost is a very worthy opponent. He bashed Katsidis up very well. He's capable of being the fighter that can change the guard so it's acceptable in my opinion.

Floyd is a TALL order for your first fight at 147.
Cshel86
Yeah Guerrero has a little bit of time before he gets to Floyd. The line is long, and not everybody's bringing something to the table.
Allmenjoi8
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-vs-g...eir-take--46143

What do you think on what the experts say? Donaire's comment I had to smile.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 19 2011, 09:30 AM) *
http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-vs-g...eir-take--46143

What do you think on what the experts say? Donaire's comment I had to smile.

I think there's a few people, whose opinions probably WILL NOT match who they'd place their hard earned money on.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2011, 11:37 AM) *
I think there's a few people, whose opinions probably WILL NOT match who they'd place their hard earned money on.

To quote Nasty Nas "It ain't hard to tell" who would have the upper hand. Until I see obvious kinks in May's armor I am always going to pull for him.
Cshel86
Guerrero is able to be hit, and it shows on his face after the Katsidis fight. If a wild puncher like Katsidis can land on Robert, then we shouldn't be too hyped about him. Guerrero will be another that finds out that the "outside view" of watching Floyd fight, will greatly differ from the actual experience. Honestly, I only want to see him in their with Floyd, when Floyd begins to slow down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.