Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III@9PM(EST)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
DubC
No chance Arum allows Pac anywhere close to FMJ after that performance...Clear robbery, and only further proves that Pac has a lot of trouble with counter punchers...If JMM gave him hell, FMJ would win this fight easily...I don't see the fight ever happening after seeing this fight, and you can bet "money" that FMJ will be all doing all he can to get it on......

imo

thoughts?
Box in Hand
I guess Manny can beat em when they come down in weight but the other way around he gets exposed. I thought he would roll over Marquez because of the weight so I will eat my words. Marquez is amazing and at 38 put on his best performance ever. He is the unofficial WBO champion.
xxxxxx
7-5 MARQUEZ....PERIOD. PACMAN looked like crap in there and CLEARLY GOT OUTBOXED. Someone said they felt bad for Pacman because he was getting booed...are you kidding? How about Marquez?? The guy works his azz off and beats the guy when everyone was saying he was gonna get KTFO but gets jobbed LOL. It's time to end this crap and make the MAYWEATHER-pac Fight in May. Mayweather wins 116-112 across the board unless you gets idiots like Letterman judging fights.lol And by the way...Lampley is a decent play by play guy, but he dropped the ball tonight and didnt call the fight like the action really was. It was disgusting to listen to...always pointing out what Pacman was doing, but ignoring the good that Marquez was doing.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:23 AM) *
The discussion for this will last for months...NOW we will have to hear about what happened in the first THREE fights no2.gif

u ain't lying bruh
Col Reb
While I had the fight a draw, I agree with you 100% about Arum not putting Pac in with PBF. I've thought Floyd would win this fight for a long time; this solidifies my opinion.

Now the fight I really want to see is Marquez vs Morales.
BoxingFan86
People that have always picked Floyd to win learned nothing today, it's the causal fans and Manny fanatics that are now comin' to the realization of what's goin' to happen if they ever fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 01:43 AM) *
If they GIVE this shit to Pac...Im gonna be pissed! Pac has landed some lefts tonight and had some smooth movement, but he aint winnin' no2.gif All of these muthafuckas have Pacnesia! JMM's winning...I dont give a fuck what they say. If JMM stays on his feet for this final round, then he wins. If he loses, then its a fuckin' robbery! Period!

I'm assuming you are, indeed, pissed?
DubC
QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 13 2011, 12:41 AM) *
While I had the fight a draw, I agree with you 100% about Arum not putting Pac in with PBF. I've thought Floyd would win this fight for a long time; this solidifies my opinion.

Now the fight I really want to see is Marquez vs Morales.

I agree 100% with you, I didn't see Pac giving Floyd much problem at all-first 2 or 3 rounds may have been interesting but after May adjusted it wouldn't be a contest...

I like Marquez vs Morales

Since we know there won't be a 4th match between Pac and JMM, how about Kahn vs JMM?? Kahns size would be a lot to overcome, but I don't even see Bob allowing this fight to happen :smh:
Jhill47
Manny got his ass kicked all night. Marquez is the man for this performance. This further more leads me to believe Floyd whips the floor wit Manny's ass. What a load of bullshit the HBO commentators are
Aware
Who thinks team Pacquiao and Pacquiao supporters are gonna use the "He purposely looked that way against Marquez so he could get Floyd to fight"?
MindBat
Now everybody knows why Arum has never wanted Manny anywhere near Floyd. This explains all the excuses cooked up by Team Pacquiao for 3 years to avoid taking THE TEST. It's a forgone conclusion. Floyd swept the floor with Marquez and Manny struggles with him.

Bottom line: "DON'T SIGN THE CONTRACT, MANNY. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY WHERE IT'S SAFER."

End of.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 13 2011, 02:46 AM) *
Who thinks team Pacquiao and Pacquiao supporters are gonna use the "He purposely looked that way against Marquez so he could get Floyd to fight"?

I'd be surprised if the official Team Pac said that. I think they're more likely to use, "he had an off night" or "Marquez is an extremely tough fighter, yadda yadda yadda"

Clearly, Marquez was in his head.
and the NEW
Marquez 116-112. That fight outcome was highway robbery. I can think of about 10 punches Manny landed all night and none were that bigger shots. Marquez used straight rights, uppercuts and bodywork beautifully. As in the first fight, he found the range of the killzone and danced in and out of it perfectly. He simply has Pacquiaos rythem worked out. Marquez is up there with Mayweather, Pacquiao and Donaire at the very top of the P4P pile.
MaxPayne
I think the bigger story is the fact that Timothy Bradley looked absolutely terrible tonight. Even against a 40 year old tomato can who clearly had no intention of throwing anything significant, he couldn't put punches together. For a guy that has an unbeaten record, it's amazing to me that he can't even snap his opponent's head back with solid shots.

Why is this significant ? Because insiders believe that Bradley is practically signed up to fight Pacquiao. From a business standpoint, it's my opinion that if Arum is smart, he should cash Pacquiao out now against Floyd. A Bradley fight is simply not sell-able. Mike Jones ? Even less sell-able. Brandon Rios is a name for the future and it would be idiotic to put that kind of young talent in so much harm's way, again from a business standpoint.

Again, this fight against Floyd has to happen now.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 13 2011, 01:35 AM) *
Someone said they felt bad for Pacman because he was getting booed...are you kidding? How about Marquez?

I said it, and I did feel bad for him because he's a loved by the world, but dude knows in his heart that he lost and the people weren't on his side this time. That shit was 7-5, and he got outgunned, bad! If he had to actually call FMJ out after the fight, then he definitely did it to please the crowd, because they are heated as hell about the decision. So was I...
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 01:42 AM) *
I'm assuming you are, indeed, pissed?

Almost threw some shit at my tv, but I love my baby, so I couldn't do it laugh.gif Straight bullshit tonight! Floyd will work his ass all night! Period. Where the hell were you tonight bro?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 13 2011, 02:52 AM) *
I think the bigger story is the fact that Timothy Bradley looked absolutely terrible tonight. Even against a 40 year old tomato can who clearly had no intention of throwing anything significant, he couldn't put punches together. For a guy that has an unbeaten record, it's amazing to me that he can't even snap his opponent's head back with solid shots.

Why is this significant ? Because insiders believe that Bradley is practically signed up to fight Pacquiao. From a business standpoint, it's my opinion that if Arum is smart, he should cash Pacquiao out now against Floyd. A Bradley fight is simply not sell-able. Mike Jones ? Even less sell-able. Brandon Rios is a name for the future and it would be idiotic to put that kind of young talent in so much harm's way, again from a business standpoint.

Again, this fight against Floyd has to happen now.

Max...to be fair, Casamayor was online dating in the ring....sending out emoticons, hugs, and LOLs.
un01
idk, with this fight and the mosley fight, mannys been looking pretty washed up. i think now hbo is gonna pressure both camps to make the fight... they cant keep saving pacquiao's ass with subpar performances, and funny unanimous decisions.

honestly, since manny seems like such a nice guy its hard to see him struggle and embarrass himself. he needs to give the fans the fight everyone wants, then cash out and retire
xxxxxx
If the possibility of the MAYWEATHER-pac fight is causing great warriors like Marquez to get robbed in these fights then it's TIME to make the dam fight.
DubC
QUOTE (MindBat @ Nov 13 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Now everybody knows why Arum has never wanted Manny anywhere near Floyd. This explains all the excuses cooked up by Team Pacquiao for 3 years to avoid taking THE TEST. It's a forgone conclusion. Floyd swept the floor with Marquez and Manny struggles with him.

Bottom line: "DON'T SIGN THE CONTRACT, MANNY. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY WHERE IT'S SAFER."

End of.

THIS

Cant wait to hear the excuses by TR and co. as to why the fight doesn't happen

I can see Khan calling out JMM soon for his "WW debut" :facepalm:
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 01:52 AM) *
I said it, and I did feel bad for him because he's a loved by the world, but dude knows in his heart that he lost and the people weren't on his side this time. That shit was 7-5, and he got outgunned, bad! If he had to actually call FMJ out after the fight, then he definitely did it to please the crowd, because they are heated as hell about the decision. So was I...

I get what your saying, but it's hard for me to feel bad for a guy that got a gift decison against a guy that desereved this fight. Not only that, but now he gets to go anf make a 50 million dollar payday when he doesnt desereve it. This is just my feeling though.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:57 AM) *
Almost threw some shit at my tv, but I love my baby, so I couldn't do it laugh.gif Straight bullshit tonight! Floyd will work his ass all night! Period. Where the hell were you tonight bro?

LMAO!!!! No need to break your shit over some bullshit. Floyd will work him like a 2nd job during the holidays.

Man, I told you I wasn't ordering it, so I went to the Fox & Hound and watched it for free (well, relatively free, I consumed few brews and some chicken wings.

I thought about you, Ben, Vivek & Danny. Everyone pretty much wrote JMM off and I know Vivek is fuck'n w/ Ben & Danny right now. LOL.

The only thing tougher than watching that decision go to Pac, was listening to casual fans who get hype & scream over a fighter punching another fighter on his gloves. LOL! To quote Uncle Roger, "most people don't know SHIT about boxing!"
thehype
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 02:04 AM) *
Floyd will work him like a 2nd job during the holidays.

That was funny as shit.

I thought about you, Ben, Vivek & Danny. Everyone pretty much wrote JMM off and I know Vivek is fuck'n w/ Ben & Danny right now. LOL.

Hey now...I did say Heredia's help might even playing field and I agreed with a couple folks that Marquez might have a shot. LOL.
Jhill47
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 13 2011, 12:46 AM) *

Dude they are already saying it on ESPN's article about the fight
Box in Hand
Even Amir Khan had Manny losing the fight. All you have to do is turn Manny away from his left hand. People say he turned into a 2 handed fighter but we saw tonight that is only true if you stand in front of him. Pacquiao has to fall to the number 3 P4P slot while Floyd takes number 1 and Marquez goes to number 2. Fuck it I said it!
Hops
Floyd's next excuse would be: Pacquaio doesn't deserve a fight with me.

So what. You're just after the money, remember.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 13 2011, 02:09 AM) *
Even Amir Khan had Manny losing the fight. All you have to do is turn Manny away from his left hand. People say he turned into a 2 handed fighter but we saw tonight that is only true if you stand in front of him. Pacquiao has to fall to the number 3 P4P slot while Floyd takes number 1 and Marquez goes to number 2. Fuck it I said it!

You've said nothin' wrong.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 13 2011, 01:14 AM) *
Floyd's next excuse would be: Pacquaio doesn't deserve a fight with me.

So what. You're just after the money, remember.

No one is gonna have an excuse after that shit performance from Pacquiao. You must be a Pacmite cause everyone with in distance of 140 wants Pacquiao now. Hell even Floyd Sr. beats Pacquiao based they way he beat ole boy in that sparring session.
un01
QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 13 2011, 02:00 AM) *
THIS

Cant wait to hear the excuses by TR and co. as to why the fight doesn't happen

I can see Khan calling out JMM soon for his "WW debut" :facepalm:

well, they cant use the old floyd is scared of manny excuse. after this fight idk how he or anyone can be. they also cant fall back on the whole blood testing issue since bob arum shoot himself in the foot on that one saying "there are no issues at all with the blood testing. manny agreed on everything"

if i was floyd i wouldnt even care about the blood testing. he can expose manny, steroids or no steroids.
HazConvictedFelonMane
OMG! The destruction of the great Manny Pacquiao. I guess people have been snapped back to reality. Real boxing fans are not surprised by this. Manny's toast. I don't even want to see him get his ass whooped by Floyd anymore. It's too much of a mismatch. People are going in on the people's champion.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 13 2011, 02:02 AM) *
I get what your saying, but it's hard for me to feel bad for a guy that got a gift decison against a guy that desereved this fight. Not only that, but now he gets to go anf make a 50 million dollar payday when he doesnt desereve it. This is just my feeling though.

Well-worded...cant argue with that.

LMAO!!!! No need to break your shit over some bullshit. Floyd will work him like a 2nd job during the holidays.

Man, I told you I wasn't ordering it, so I went to the Fox & Hound and watched it for free (well, relatively free, I consumed few brews and some chicken wings.

The only thing tougher than watching that decision go to Pac, was listening to casual fans who get hype & scream over a fighter punching another fighter on his gloves. LOL! To quote Uncle Roger, "most people don't know SHIT about boxing!"

Hahahaha!!! I almost wanted to tear my shit up! I actually gave JMM a chance...I just basically left it up to his face holding up, him getting past the first 4 rounds, and not tasting the canvas. I gotta find the post, but I did mention it. I couldn't be in public watching it, brews and chicken wings would've turned into my tab being sky high for getting generous when I get drunk. JMM got robbed like hell.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 13 2011, 02:59 AM) *
If the possibility of the MAYWEATHER-pac fight is causing great warriors like Marquez to get robbed in these fights then it's TIME to make the dam fight.

word
Hotsauce
QUOTE (Aware @ Nov 13 2011, 02:46 AM) *

skip bayless

just check his tweets
and the NEW
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:04 AM) *
Harold Lederman had some other-worldly score that he pulled out of his ass no2.gif 116-112 for Pac...BULLSHIT!

And yes, Lampley and Steward were Pac cheerleaders and backstage groupies. Kellerman seemed to be the only one sober.

I think Harold is the best judge in boxing

But he can't score a Pac V Marquez fight to save himself.

This was highway robbery. Pac landed a handful of glancing left hands, Marquez landed a myriad of straight rights, uppercuts and bodywork. A clear cut decision. The corruption of boxing is as sickening as ever.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 13 2011, 03:07 AM) *
That was funny as shit.

Hey now...I did say Heredia's help might even playing field and I agreed with a couple folks that Marquez might have a shot. LOL.

Hype, I'll give props to where props are due....you did say that, however, JMM almost tripped over his tongue in the 9th and 10th rounds. Btw, Dan "Six Chins" Rafael gave the last 4 rounds to Pac. Clearly, the crumbs from his hot dogs skewed his view.

You wanna know how much The Bobfather Arum runs the show? After Casamayor took that shot to the body and took a knee, if you look at the tape, you'll see Arum stand up (from his seat in the stands) and tell Casa's corner to stop it. Guess what happened? They stopped it.
Snoop
7-5 Marquez, and that's being generous to Pacquiao.
Snoop
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 07:34 AM) *
Hype, I'll give props to where props are due....you did say that, however, JMM almost tripped over his tongue in the 9th and 10th rounds. Btw, Dan "Six Chins" Rafael gave the last 4 rounds to Pac. Clearly, the crumbs from his hot dogs skewed his view.

You wanna know how much The Bobfather Arum runs the show? After Casamayor took that shot to the body and took a knee, if you look at the tape, you'll see Arum stand up (from his seat in the stands) and tell Casa's corner to stop it. Guess what happened? They stopped it.

Eh, I dunno. Casamayor didn't seem too upset with the stoppage either.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 02:35 AM) *
7-5 Marquez, and that's being generous to Pacquiao.

+1
bnoles4life
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Nov 13 2011, 03:34 AM) *

Really? Well, that best judge in boxing, gave Marquez 2 rounds against Floyd (I believe). In the words of Max Kellerman, "in which rounds would you have rather been Marquez than Floyd?"

He's the most enthusiastic judge..I'll give 'em that. Other than that, he's a fuck'n crackpot.
Snoop
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Nov 13 2011, 07:34 AM) *

But he can't score a Pac V Marquez fight to save himself.

This was highway robbery. Pac landed a handful of glancing left hands, Marquez landed a myriad of straight rights, uppercuts and bodywork. A clear cut decision. The corruption of boxing is as sickening as ever.

Harold has a certain style preference. Even HBO admits that he likes the aggressive fighters. Pacquiao looked more active, but he wasn't landing cleanly or effectively. Sadly, a lot of that gets lost in all the crowd noise.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 03:36 AM) *
Eh, I dunno. Casamayor didn't seem too upset with the stoppage either.

Not the point. The promoter stands up and is like, "I'm tired of watching this shit and Bradley is not looking impressive...thereby, taking $$$ out of my..oops, I mean our pockets..." Then, the corner throws in the towel. IJS, The Bobfather truly runs that shit
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Nov 13 2011, 03:30 AM) *
skip bayless

just check his tweets

+ fuck'n 1!!!
un01
i also kinda felt sorry for manny. its that the media portrays him as such a nice guy that its hard not to feel bad watching him struggle and embarrass himself... i also feel bad for marquez, but he didnt even looked surprised by the decision. i think he knows the politics and how corrupted everything is
Snoop
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 07:40 AM) *
Not the point. The promoter stands up and is like, "I'm tired of watching this shit and Bradley is not looking impressive...thereby, taking $$$ out of my..oops, I mean our pockets..." Then, the corner throws in the towel. IJS, The Bobfather truly runs that shit

Be that as it may, it wasn't as if a close neck-to-neck battle ended on a bad stoppage. Casamayor was on his way out anyway. Forgone conclusion really. Unless you think Arum paid Casamayor to throw the fight, then it's not really some hard evidence that Arum is fixing fights.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 03:43 AM) *
Be that as it may, it wasn't as if a close neck-to-neck battle ended on a bad stoppage. Casamayor was on his way out anyway. Forgone conclusion really. Unless you think Arum paid Casamayor to throw the fight, then it's not really some hard evidence that Arum is fixing fights.

Actually, I wasn't insinuating that Arum was fixing fights...my bad if it came out like that. I just meant HE stopped a bullshit fight (one he set up, IMO, to justify Bradley vs. Pac) from the 3rd row.
Jhill47
Fuck Arum he's already taking about a PAC vs Marquez 4 in May. Son of a bitch
Snoop
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Actually, I wasn't insinuating that Arum was fixing fights...my bad if it came out like that. I just meant HE stopped a bullshit fight (one he set up, IMO, to justify Bradley vs. Pac) from the 3rd row.

Yeah, it's worth noting. I guess I didn't care much. Fight was pretty messy and one-sided.
DubC
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 01:40 AM) *

And fighting Floyd he (or his minion) won't be running a damn thing...All he cares about is the $$$$$$, keep it in house and fill his pockets...
Snoop
QUOTE (Jhill47 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:47 AM) *
Fuck Arum he's already taking about a PAC vs Marquez 4 in May. Son of a bitch

Why's that a bad thing? Marquez deserves a rematch. Unless you just wanna see Floyd fuck him up, cuz tonight's performance has cemented that conclusion.
Col Reb
I had it a draw but felt it was more likely for the average judge to score it for Marquez. I had the first two fights for Pac; this was clearly Marquez's best performance against him. Time to see May vs Pac & Marquez vs Morales.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.