Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III@9PM(EST)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 03:53 AM) *
Why's that a bad thing? Marquez deserves a rematch. Unless you just wanna see Floyd fuck him up, cuz tonight's performance has cemented that conclusion.

What's the definition of insanity?
thehype
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:37 AM) *
+1

+2
Jhill47
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 01:53 AM) *
Why's that a bad thing? Marquez deserves a rematch. Unless you just wanna see Floyd fuck him up, cuz tonight's performance has cemented that conclusion.

I don't wanna see Marquez get robbed again. I really wanna see Floyd fuck this clown up and shut the critics up and put an end to this bullshit about who's the best. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the fight just not the outcome.
Cshel86
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Nov 13 2011, 02:34 AM) *
I think Harold is the best judge in boxing

But he can't score a Pac V Marquez fight to save himself.

This was highway robbery. Pac landed a handful of glancing left hands, Marquez landed a myriad of straight rights, uppercuts and bodywork. A clear cut decision. The corruption of boxing is as sickening as ever.

Yeah he couldn't score this fight for shit...everybody had Pac's scrotum in their mouth...as usual. Its crazy how Pac was clearly behind on the cards (when I was scoring it, and he was clearly getting ocuntered), then they came out of the woodworks with "how good his footwork was" and so forth. Pac didn't look comfortable at all, and Im sure he looked past JMM becasue of the weight issue. Im just wondering who's gonna say JMM was on PEDs...well Im expecting this from the media anyway.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:01 AM) *
Yeah he couldn't score this fight for shit...everybody had Pac's scrotum in their mouth...as usual. Its crazy how Pac was clearly behind on the cards (when I was scoring it, and he was clearly getting ocuntered), then they came out of the woodworks with "how good his footwork was" and so forth. Pac didn't look comfortable at all, and Im sure he looked past JMM becasue of the weight issue. Im just wondering who's gonna say JMM was on PEDs...well Im expecting this from the media anyway.

Not just this trilogy...ANY fight involving PBF. He actually had Hatton winning that fight for a while. Harold fuck'n SUCKS as a judge at this point.
Snoop
Pacquiao looked CONFUSED when he'd throw his signature straight left and nobody there was to be hit. Marquez showed Pacquiao's lack of versatility tonight. That or Team Pac really underestimated Marquez.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 02:38 AM) *
He's the most enthusiastic judge..I'll give 'em that. Other than that, he's a fuck'n crackpot.

Hahahaha!!! Dammit Noles! WTF!? laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:04 AM) *
Hahahaha!!! Dammit Noles! WTF!? laugh.gif

"Jim, I gotta tell ya...." <-----shut that bullshit up!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:01 AM) *

Wasn't he?
Hotsauce
QUOTE (thehype @ Nov 13 2011, 03:57 AM) *
+2

+3
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 03:08 AM) *
"Jim, I gotta tell ya...." <-----shut that bullshit up!

Yeah Lederman has fuckin' tumbleweed bouncing in his head...such an ass. When I saw that 4 rounds to 3 for Pacquiao... I already knew what kind of night it was going to be. Then the annoucer's table were equally blowing Manny...excluding Kellerman. Emmanuel Steward and his "last-minute" predictions are becoming more and more sickening.

They wanted Pac to be ahead so bad, that they obliviously abandoned EVERYTHING that happened tonight. All of those body shots and counter punches from JMM were simply getting chalked up as "thats how this fight will go, one guy lands, and the other guy come RIGHT back and lands", BULLSHIT! Pac was getting SO WILD and off balance that it didn't make any sense. He lloked like shit sacrificing himself to land something, though his left landed a few times tonight, but to no avail.

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 13 2011, 03:04 AM) *
Pacquiao looked CONFUSED when he'd throw his signature straight left and nobody there was to be hit. Marquez showed Pacquiao's lack of versatility tonight. That or Team Pac really underestimated Marquez.

Again...+1

They DEFINITELY underestimated JMM and probably thought that the weight gain would mess him up. Pac was gettind turned all night long, and there was no way around that. Like I said, when I saw that 4-2 in favor of Pac...I already saw this mess coming.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:20 AM) *
Yeah Lederman has fuckin' tumbleweed bouncing in his head...such an ass. When I saw that 4 rounds to 3 for Pacquiao... I already knew what kind of night it was going to be. Then the annoucer's table were equally blowing Manny...excluding Kellerman. Emmanuel Steward and his "last-minute" predictions are becoming more and more sickening.

They wanted Pac to be ahead so bad, that they obliviously abandoned EVERYTHING that happened tonight. All of those body shots and counter punches from JMM were simply getting chalked up as "thats how this fight will go, one guy lands, and the other guy come RIGHT back and lands"
, BULLSHIT! Pac was getting SO WILD and off balance that it didn't make any sense. He lloked like shit sacrificing himself to land something, though his left landed a few times tonight, but to no avail.

The ONE benefit in watching the fight in the bar...the sound isn't up....then again, you have chicks screamin' at the top of their lungs over glove-on-glove love..lol
checkHook
I'm Juan Manuel Marquez, I don't accept a rematch unless the fight takes place in Cancun, Mexico...and the three judges and referee are Mexican...and they're related to me by blood...and a $10 million guarantee.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkHook @ Nov 13 2011, 04:29 AM) *
I'm Juan Manuel Marquez, I don't accept a rematch unless the fight takes place in Cancun, Mexico...and the three judges and referee are Mexican...and they're related to me by blood...and a $10 million guarantee.

Suffice to say, the above JMM isn't getting a re-rematch..lol
Jack 1000
I have not seen the fight yet,

But do you guys think that the head brass at HBO might bribe them a little to say positive things about the fighters that they have under contract? Lampley I think is as guilty of this as anybody. He used to be objective, but not so much in the last ten years or so. I do remember that Merchant was once suspend for saying Delahoya's entrance music sucked. I wonder who is telling them to pom-pom the Olympian and or house fighter? Does Showtime in contrast, seem to be more objective in calling the fights? I think so, especially after Tyson retired.

Jack
Snoop
QUOTE (checkHook @ Nov 13 2011, 08:29 AM) *

laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 03:24 AM) *
The ONE benefit in watching the fight in the bar...the sound isn't up....then again, you have chicks screamin' at the top of their lungs over glove-on-glove love..lol

Dont ya just love when people scream the loudest and talk the most shit, when they haven't a fuckin' clue what they are watching laugh.gif Noles you should've tried to see if one of those young lovelies were willing to make those same noises at your house! You could've knocked 'em all down tonight and got no credit for it, even if you were a 10-1 underdog! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (checkHook @ Nov 13 2011, 03:29 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thats the only way this shit will happen. Maybe the Marquez brothers are destined to have 4-part fights, rather than trilogies. laugh.gif
CrazyBuffalO
HAHAHAHAH

I've always said Manny ain't sleek. He's a athlete yes, but he ain't got it in his DNA to be a boxer -- It's not in the genes.
I scored it a draw, personally. They're both just the same. Watching this fight was a joke.

And please stop talking about this joke fighting PBF in the future. Shit.
Dlac
i knew this was goin happen if it went 12...pacman was exposed tonight..and this the same pac man "the greatest ever" the man that dont need mayweather thats goin beat and k.o mayweather.................wait for it....................wait for it......................wait for it......NOW!!! GET DA FUCK OUTA HERE!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 13 2011, 03:37 AM) *
I have not seen the fight yet,

But do you guys think that the head brass at HBO might bribe them a little to say positive things about the fighters that they have under contract? Lampley I think is as guilty of this as anybody. He used to be objective, but not so much in the last ten years or so. I do remember that Merchant was once suspend for saying Delahoya's entrance music sucked. I wonder who is telling them to pom-pom the Olympian and or house fighter? Does Showtime in contrast, seem to be more objective in calling the fights? I think so, especially after Tyson retired.

Jack

Im sure that they do. Lampley is one of th greatest commentators that I've witnessed, but when it comes to Pac or Oscar, he just get waaaay outta character. His pom poms were waving high tongiht and Steward had his cheerleader outfit on as well no2.gif Showtime just doesn't seem to give a shit...they will call out a fighter ref, judge, or whoever, to get there point across.

QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 13 2011, 03:49 AM) *
HAHAHAHAH

I've always said Manny ain't sleek. He's a athlete yes, but he ain't got it in his DNA to be a boxer -- It's not in the genes.
I scored it a draw, personally. They're both just the same. Watching this fight was a joke.

And please stop talking about this joke fighting PBF in the future. Shit.

As much as you claim to hate Pacquiao...the fact that you said you had the fight scored as a draw is ridiculous...and you're clearly in favor of Pac. When I read, 'i scored it a draw"...I stopped reading no2.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 03:01 AM) *
Im sure that they do. Lampley is one of th greatest commentators that I've witnessed, but when it comes to Pac or Oscar, he just get waaaay outta character. His pom poms were waving high tongiht and Steward had his cheerleader outfit on as well no2.gif Showtime just doesn't seem to give a shit...they will call out a fighter ref, judge, or whoever, to get there point across.

As much as you claim to hate Pacquiao...the fact that you said you had the fight scored as a draw is ridiculous...and you're clearly in favor of Pac. When I read, 'i scored it a draw"...I stopped reading no2.gif

Amen, how anyone one with a brain or who wasn't getting bribed or on the HBO team thought this fight was a draw or a win for Pacquiao is beyond me.
Jack 1000
Interesting. Read a comment from a guy who had Marquez up after the 8th, but said that he did not close the show enough in the 12th and ended up giving the fight to Pacquaio 115-113. Although he feels the fight could have went either way. Two other boxing people were ok with the decision. It does seem that Marquez did so much more than the world expected him to do tonight, and people are angry, because not a single official judge rewarded him for his efforts, I think that is part of the anger.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 13 2011, 04:03 AM) *
Amen, how anyone one with a brain or who wasn't getting bribed or on the HBO team thought this fight was a draw or a win for Pacquiao is beyond me.

Tell me about it. I actually wrote the scores down after every round, and was almost amazed at how Marquez was banking rounds with little trouble.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:10 AM) *
Interesting. Read a comment from a guy who had Marquez up after the 8th, but said that he did not close the show enough in the 12th and ended up giving the fight to Pacquaio 115-113. Although he feels the fight could have went either way. Two other boxing people were ok with the decision. It does seem that Marquez did so much more than the world expected him to do tonight, and people are angry, because not a single official judge rewarded him for his efforts, I think that is part of the anger.

Jack

I didn't think JMM did a lot in the 12th round either, but that may have been the smartest thing for him to do. He fought a smart fight tonight...his face held up and he didn't taste the canvas, so yes, he did more than people expected of him. Judges and announcers (excluding Kellerman) may have all taken numbers just to see who was gonna blow Pac first...Im almost convinced. Pac lost in good fashion last night, thats it. He was getting turned and countered all night.

Warlord
The UFC failed (imo) tonight with an atypical performance on Fox, and boxing failed for the same reason it always fails. There was too much money on the line for too many people for Marquez to get a fair shake tonight. A disappointing evening for combat sports on all fronts.

The real question is, has Mayweather seen enough to actually grow a pair and man up? He'll tool Pac regardless, no matter what Pac may (or may not) be on.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 13 2011, 06:09 AM) *
The UFC failed (imo) tonight with an atypical performance on Fox, and boxing failed for the same reason it always fails. There was too much money on the line for too many people for Marquez to get a fair shake tonight. A disappointing evening for combat sports on all fronts.

The real question is, has Mayweather seen enough to actually grow a pair and man up? He'll tool Pac regardless, no matter what Pac may (or may not) be on.

I think the question should be will Arum grow a pair and man up and make the fight.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 13 2011, 05:13 AM) *
I think the question should be will Arum grow a pair and man up and make the fight.

We all know the answer to this question. Psychics aren't needed.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 05:32 AM) *

True is True. He already said he wants to put together a 4th fight between Marquez-pac to delay it a little longer. Roach even said he didnt want to do a 4th fight, but they got to. Mayweather wins by forfeit on top ranks part in my book now. The question is who does the real p4p #1 Mayweather fight on May 5?? Obviously all top rank fighters are out of the question because Arum is a stubborn, old, bitter sore loser. Some choices would be Martinez, winner of Ortiz-Berto, Khan or maybe even Alexander if he can get 1 more decent win soon. We will see. But it's official now...Mayweather is p4p #1.
checkleft
I knew what was coming after the 12th. Still couldn't believe it, marquez won. Clear cut and final. They robbed him, I had him up by AT LEAST two rounds. The fact that they gave the 12th to manny is a disgrace, the fact they gave him I think it was the LAST FOUR ROUNDS is atrocious!.. I know that if manny loses the mayweather fight which was never going to happen is erased from everyone's mind and mannys hype is gone, he built all this fame on mayweather. A guy who mayweather toyed with for twelve rounds just got ROBBED by manny. He knew he lost the fight, he didn't even try to raise his hands at the end. He looked acted and was beaten.

Btw the announcers were out of their minds, except kellerman. A draw would have been a gift for manny

And is it me or did compubox look skewed some of those rounds...
Jack 1000
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2011, 04:53 AM) *
I knew what was coming after the 12th. Still couldn't believe it, marquez won. Clear cut and final. They robbed him, I had him up by AT LEAST two rounds. The fact that they gave the 12th to manny is a disgrace, the fact they gave him I think it was the LAST FOUR ROUNDS is atrocious!.. I know that if manny loses the mayweather fight which was never going to happen is erased from everyone's mind and mannys hype is gone, he built all this fame on mayweather. A guy who mayweather toyed with for twelve rounds just got ROBBED by manny. He knew he lost the fight, he didn't even try to raise his hands at the end. He looked acted and was beaten.

Btw the announcers were out of their minds, except kellerman. A draw would have been a gift for manny

And is it me or did compubox look skewed some of those rounds...

I'll bet that Tim Bradley will be Manny Pacquiao's next opponent on May 5th. Sad to speak, but true. That is IF they can't get Juan to do a 4th fight.

Jack
checkleft
Btw I thought spitting out your mouthpiece is a point deduction?.. it looked like pac did it on purpose, I'm jw. Can someone help me out with that. Cause I've only seen fighters do that when they are tires and want a break or something
and the NEW
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 13 2011, 10:10 AM) *

Jack

I disagree Jack.

I am angry because I don't see how one could possibly give Pac the fight.

Marquez won this by 4 rounds.

I came at this fight from a completely neutral standpoint. Infact, I was sort of hoping Pac would win so it didn't ruin the Mayweather matchup. But to see Marquez thoroughly dominate him in that squared circle and then be robbed, is extremelly disappointing. This was basically a replay of their first fight, without the 3 KDs in the first round. Marquez prooved once more, he has Pacs number. Marquez leads this trilogy 2-1 IMHO and this was the only one of those that one guy definitively won.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2011, 05:17 AM) *
Btw I thought spitting out your mouthpiece is a point deduction?.. it looked like pac did it on purpose, I'm jw. Can someone help me out with that. Cause I've only seen fighters do that when they are tires and want a break or something

Thought I was the only one that noticed that shit. Yes it should be if it was intentional and that most certifiably was.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (and the NEW @ Nov 13 2011, 05:38 AM) *
I disagree Jack.

I am angry because I don't see how one could possibly give Pac the fight.

Marquez won this by 4 rounds.

I came at this fight from a completely neutral standpoint. Infact, I was sort of hoping Pac would win so it didn't ruin the Mayweather matchup. But to see Marquez thoroughly dominate him in that squared circle and then be robbed, is extremelly disappointing. This was basically a replay of their first fight, without the 3 KDs in the first round. Marquez prooved once more, he has Pacs number. Marquez leads this trilogy 2-1 IMHO and this was the only one of those that one guy definitively won.

Agreed.
Hotsauce
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2011, 07:17 AM) *

yea that was strange
xxxxxx
I really don't get this manny pac. After the fight they ask him about Mayweather and he says lets get it on, but then just an hour after the fight he says its bob's decison and he aint choosing his next opponent. This guy is suppose to be the best and he dont call no shots? WTF And this guy wants to be president of the phillipines? I wouldnt want a guy that cant make his own calls or decisons as my president. unbelievable. Manny needs to grow a set and tell bob make the dam fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 04:39 AM) *
Dont ya just love when people scream the loudest and talk the most shit, when they haven't a fuckin' clue what they are watching laugh.gif Noles you should've tried to see if one of those young lovelies were willing to make those same noises at your house! You could've knocked 'em all down tonight and got no credit for it, even if you were a 10-1 underdog! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thats the only way this shit will happen. Maybe the Marquez brothers are destined to have 4-part fights, rather than trilogies. laugh.gif

LMAO!!!! See, Cshelly....that's your problem right there....you ASSUME they were "lovely" and you know what they say about "assumptions"<---the "mother" of all fuck ups (quote from Lock, Stock and 2 smokin' barrels).
mgrover
maybe there should be a fourth fight, marquez will want a fourth fight
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 05:01 AM) *

Each time I read something like this, I just go to a corner in my home and pray (<----sound familiar?)
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:32 AM) *

Money...where can I get one of those T-shirts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 13 2011, 07:17 AM) *

I think if it's repeatedly happening and obviously, deemed intentional.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 13 2011, 09:31 AM) *
maybe there should be a fourth fight, marquez will want a fourth fight

Grover...I dunno for a couple of reasons:

1. In JMM's mind, this is the 3rd time this has happened to him against the same fighter. What's the definition of insanity?

2. They're gonna have to pay him more than the $5M+ he made last night (<----the reason why the 2nd fight took so long to make; JMM, allegedly priced himself out).
mgrover
its just motherfucking bullshit damn it, maybe i want to vent but that man won that fight and he still didnt get the decision.
streetlion1
Talk about a robbery!!! Anyone...Pacquiao fan or not who can't sit back and look at the fight objectivly need to throw themselves down some stairs and have their head examined! Pacquiao and Roach both know they lost that fight. It was a great performance by Marquez...he controlled the action, landed the harder shots, and gave Manny a boxing lesson Manny didn't win more than 3 rounds in that fight. After all the talk about how much Mannys improved and how he was gonna blow Marquez outta the water...we got to see right through the bullshit hype...Manny can't jab, can't deal with movement, and still has no right hand.....Mayweather would destroy Manny...it wouldn't be close! Just like last night wasn't close....the judges should be ashamed of themselves!!! Great performance by Marquez!
mgrover
people laughed at me when i said this, but maybe now marquez can fight mayweather again?
NathanJassi90
I am absolutely disgusted with the decision. Pacquiao landing more according to compubox? Come on, give me a break. Marquez put on a masterful boxing performance and the truth is Pacquiao cannot deal with proper boxers. Bob Arum needs to fuck off somewhere, the slimey piece of shit and Mayweather needs to knock Pacquiao out to shut these dumbass pactards up.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 13 2011, 09:48 AM) *
its just motherfucking bullshit damn it, maybe i want to vent but that man won that fight and he still didnt get the decision.

LOL...I hear that my man. That's why boxing is like the "mob"..."Just when I think I'm out...they pull me back in!!!"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 13 2011, 10:08 AM) *
people laughed at me when i said this, but maybe now marquez can fight mayweather again?

...and likely, will laugh at you again....you don't go from getting shut out (despite Harold Lederman and the Mr. Magoo judge who awarded Marquez a round or two) to being competitive. No one is buying that fight nor should they.

The only fight, at this point, that needs to be made is, well...you know.

Btw, Bradley not looking spectacular (Casamayor online dating, notwithstanding), has put a dent in Arum's plans.
gbh32001
JMM never learned a lesson in 2 fights with Manny..JMM is the challenger not the champion. If Manny stands there all night, believe me no fight/exchanges will happen in 12 rounds JMM keep back stepping,counter,back stepping, counter. Go and watch again if JMM deserve the belt, there is no way you fight a championship at that respect. Put down your hatred and objectively balance your psyche, Manny did not do well but Marquez did worst by giving his chances in the air to win and when you are the challenger and you want the belt's champion, you should go there and and take it with fire. JMM fought Juan Diaz, Casamayor, Katsidis, Barrera and he dominates them convincingly by adding offensive game plan and it works for him better, then all of a sudden at this level of prizefighting him and Nacho's fold their 2 Aces and choosed to walk at unknown.
sduck
I'm still ecstatic about this fight. My Prediction on it was spot on. All the people saying Marquez would get KO'd in 3 are quiet, all the pac fans aren't as enthusiastic anymore. Pacquiao was exposed in this fight, everyone knows it now. Freddie Roach is so sad. Man this is too good to be true. I honestly feel bad for Pacquiao, but this is what happens when you get fixed with con-men like Bob Arum.

Freddie Roach also complained that Manny had cramps LOL. They always throw out these excuses whenever Manny doesn't look like a beast.
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 05:01 PM) *

Well I never said I liked JMM either. I don't like them both. They're not sleek fighters. So they're like almost equal to my eyes. I don't favor one more than the other. They're not sleek. They're both "supercharged" with THAT juice if you know what I mean. I mean I'm sure they're both using more dosage of that shit nowadays than they ever did.

I don't know if you guys know about this, but when Pacquiao fought Margarito he came back to the Philippines and told everybody that he urinated blood in the hotel after the fight (from excessive punches to the kidneys).
I mean, when you have this type of shit happenin' you know you're not a sleek fighter. Pacman's defense lies in his ability to "absorb" and "endure" punches, but he doesn't evade them. A sleek fighter should be able to evade punches, NOT stand and absorb them and then pretend its ok in front of the crowd but then later on go to the hotel bathroom to urinate blood. STUPID.

The fight earlier was just like watching two crash test dummies absorb and endure punches from one another. It's nowhere near the performance of ANY Black American fighter out there!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.