Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III@9PM(EST)/6PM(PT)-SPOILERS 15 Mins Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 04:45 PM) *
Here's to Marquez hoping he doesn't piss "pos" post-fight.

Nah, he won't, his camp's level of PED knowledge is as good as Pacroid's and they're only doing the shit Nevada testing, so nobody's getting busted.
DubC
Waiting on Hype to get us the next exclusive interview with FMJ................... cool.gif

I'm not a fan of Kellerman, he just gets on my nerves with that goofy look he always has on his face...But he is quickly turning into the best announcer, he's the only one of the group when RJJ isn't around that isn't riding someones dick and trying to sway the opinions of those watching the fight...Most of us are educated and can tell what's happening, we don't need Jim and Manny S to tell us how awesome Pac is looking when its obvious to the (non nuthugging) viewers he is looking like shit...

It pisses me off that we pay $60 to see a good scrap, and then the decision is highway robbery...Promoters and the networks have way to much influence on the outcome of fights, but that's already been said a billion times.

BigFightFan
I predicted PAC by TKO in 6. I haven't watched the fight yet but Emanuel Stewart said Marquez lost because he laid off in the last 2 rounds. Does anyone agree with that?
RyanTical
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 13 2011, 03:44 PM) *
I predicted PAC by TKO in 6. I haven't watched the fight yet but Emanuel Stewart said Marquez lost because he laid off in the last 2 rounds. Does anyone agree with that?

No, that's only because Manny didn't exactly come in guns hots either. Both men were cautious in the last two rounds.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 13 2011, 05:44 PM) *

Emmanuel Steward said a bunch of see-saw, flip-flop shit last night. He didn't know who the hell to go for. Steward always does those last minute predictions when the fight is about turn tides.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 02:57 PM) *
Emmanuel Steward said a bunch of see-saw, flip-flop shit last night. He didn't know who the hell to go for. Steward always does those last minute predictions when the fight is about turn tides.

I am glad you said it first because if I said what you had said anywhere else, I would have been probably ridiculed and banned. Despite the latter, I agree with you. I am curious if Emmanuel actually hears himself say this crap.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 13 2011, 12:15 PM) *
The thing is, the fight wasnt that close to award a SD to anybody. Marquez won clearly, sure it was close, but he won clear. 7-5 minimum. Manny at times seemed lost, and his body language told us that. The guy even spitted out his mouthpiece out of frustration.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 13 2011, 06:02 PM) *
I am glad you said it first because if I said what you had said anywhere else, I would have been probably ridiculed and banned. Despite the latter, I agree with you. I am curious if Emmanuel actually hears himself say this crap.

Lol! I think the whole HBO staff snorted a line and got VIP passes to the Pacman Afterparty...guess Kellerman didn't RSVP because he was the only one making sense. Though Steward and Lampley were waving the pom poms, they had moments where they played both sides of the fence...thats where the see-saw flip-flop effect came from. Steward just feels this false sense of having to close the show with his predictions, whether he's wrong or not.

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:17 PM) *
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+2

Aware
I say we all post our scorecards. I think there were many rounds that could have gone either way. I'm curious to how you guys scored them.

Pacquiao Marquez
1. 10 9
2. 9 10
3. 10 9
4. 10 9 (Either way type round)
5. 9 10 (Most decisive round of the fight)
6. 10 9 (Either way type round)
7. 9 10
8. 9 10
9. 9 10
10. 9 10 (Marquez landed some big punches in this round and slightly stunned Pac with the punch that occurred with 1:50 left in the round)
11. 9 10
12. 10 9

Total: 113 115

Allmenjoi8
I did not see the fight (Oregon and Stanford lived up the expectation) but from reading the post I see yawl have mixed feelings. My question is would yawl pay to see a Part IV? Another question, was the fight worth the 60 bucks? Should JMM retire and is there kink in Manny's armor?
BoxingFan86
From their twitter accounts:

Marvin Hagler "Disgusting result! #ROBBERY!" Twitter

Bernard Hopkins "FloydMayweather blow thru MannyPacquiao easy!!" Twitter

OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is." Twitter

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!" Twitter

ZAB JUDAH "Robbery!!!!" Twitter

Steve Cunningham "All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#" Twitter

Anthonydirrell "If y'all think that they was bout to lose out on 150 million y'all crazy"

Matthew Macklin "It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? WTF!!!" Twitter

Andre S.O.G. Ward "Well, I was wrong. Marquez is boxing a masterful fight. Marquez won this fight, period!!" Twitter

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

Andre Berto "Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank was gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though"

Omar Henry "Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!"

Chris Arreola "Marquez won, true champ. Let's see Mayweather-Pacquiao. ****."

Rashad Holloway "I'm team Pacquiao all day but Marquez won this fight hands down. Sad to see how politics run this sport when fighters work so hard." Twitter

Fernando Vargas "Well I'm DISGUSTED at tonight's event. It's sad that u can TRAIN your butt off for months and get jobbed at the end of the day! Truth is that EVERYWHERE Marquez goes EVERYONE will tell him that he WAS ROBBED & HELL FEEL LIKE HE WON BECUZ HE REALLY DID!!! SAME FOR PACMAN. EVERYWHERE HE GOES PEOPLE WILL TELL HIM HE REALLY LOST AND HE GOT A GIFT!!! LOVE THIS SPORT. But this is a SAD MOMENT FOR ME.
#LongLiveDinamitaMarquez" Twitter

Juan Diaz "Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges." Twitter

Amir Khan "mayb a good draw or marquez by 1-2 rounds." Twitter

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money." Anthony Mundine (@The_Man_Mundine) on Twitter

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the sh!t out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!" Erik Morales (@terrible100) on Twitter

Jean Pascal "On my card Marquez WON!!!!" Jean Pascal (@jeanpascalchamp) on Twitter
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:58 PM) *

OscarDeLaHoya "I'm still sitting on my couch in disbelief. Paquiao cannot compete with a counter puncher like Marquez. Juan has the Patience to wait and capitalize on mistakes. I think this shows how superior mayweather is." Twitter

Andre Dirrell "Ok after this fight, I don't know what 2 think! Did JMM just have a good night, or did Pacman put on a great possum show 2 get MW! U TELL ME. GO GET YO GLOVES ON AND COME WHOOP THIS DUDE!!!! PACMAN CAN'T SEE YOU!!!" Twitter

Steve Cunningham "All pro fighters I know ,guys which know what to look 4 in a fight had jmm winning. It's not just entertainment to us its a #lifestyle#" Twitter

Anthonydirrell "If y'all think that they was bout to lose out on 150 million y'all crazy"

Matthew Macklin "It was close but still wrong...and for it to happen THREE times!!!!!?? WTF!!!" Twitter

Andre S.O.G. Ward "Well, I was wrong. Marquez is boxing a masterful fight. Marquez won this fight, period!!" Twitter

Terry Norris "Wow! Thought PAC man would win. But clearly Marquez was robbed again. PAC did NOT win this fight."

Andre Berto "Smh WOW..... Come on u know Top Rank was gonna let Marquez **** the money up!!! Great fight though"

Omar Henry "Wow I just watched Pacquiao get beat and Marquez get robbed!!!! and yes I was one of the people in the crowd booing the robbery!!!!"

Rashad Holloway "I'm team Pacquiao all day but Marquez won this fight hands down. Sad to see how politics run this sport when fighters work so hard." Twitter

Fernando Vargas "Well I'm DISGUSTED at tonight's event. It's sad that u can TRAIN your butt off for months and get jobbed at the end of the day! Truth is that EVERYWHERE Marquez goes EVERYONE will tell him that he WAS ROBBED & HELL FEEL LIKE HE WON BECUZ HE REALLY DID!!! SAME FOR PACMAN. EVERYWHERE HE GOES PEOPLE WILL TELL HIM HE REALLY LOST AND HE GOT A GIFT!!! LOVE THIS SPORT. But this is a SAD MOMENT FOR ME.

Juan Diaz "Great fight for the boxung fans but bad decision by the judges." Twitter

Anthony Mundine "I luv PAC too...but he lost fair & square...but I'm sure he will return stronger...PAC v Marquez 4 #bringit. Actually I change my mind! Marquez deserves the pay day v money!! As he was really the victor! Don't think I wanna see 4. Even tho money." Anthony Mundine (@The_Man_Mundine) on Twitter

Erik Morales "Nos robaroooon y feo. Marquez total reconocimiento es el segundo mexicano que le pone en su madre a pacquiao, gano y gano muy bien felicidadees!" Which translates to English as "They robbed us and it was an ugly robbery too. To Marquez total recognition, he is the second Mexican to beat the sh!t out of Pacquiao, he won and he won nicely. Congratulations!" Erik Morales (@terrible100) on Twitter

Jean Pascal "On my card Marquez WON!!!!" Jean Pascal (@jeanpascalchamp) on Twitter

Amir Khan must not have drunk the kool aid. I wonder how Pac and Roach will look at him now?
Cshel86
Good job on the Twitter stats. Thats exactly what I wanted to see...the fighter's opinion.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 13 2011, 08:05 PM) *
Amir Khan must not have drunk the kool aid. I wonder how Pac and Roach will look at him now?

He can say that, he's not under Top Rank. As far as Freddie is concerned, they both need each other. WHen the Pac "gravytrain" pulls into station for the final time, whom else in Roach's stable will earn him excellent $$$????
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:05 PM) *

If you think that's interesting, you should listen to his comments from yesterday when he was one of the commentators for the fight on a channel called Primetime. If you can find it somewhere online you'll be surprised at just how honest he was and said that Marquez won (although it was funny when he started stuttering when the other commentator asked him what Mayweather would do to Pac). If you can't find a repeat of the Primetime coverage of it then Ringtalk.com has an article where they quote Khan (or should I say loosely quote him).
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:58 PM) *

Good post.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 13 2011, 08:52 PM) *
If you think that's interesting, you should listen to his comments from yesterday when he was one of the commentators for the fight on a channel called Primetime. If you can find it somewhere online you'll be surprised at just how honest he was and said that Marquez won (although it was funny when he started stuttering when the other commentator asked him what Mayweather would do to Pac). If you can't find a repeat of the Primetime coverage of it then Ringtalk.com has an article where they quote Khan (or should I say loosely quote him).

LOL...Pedro (Ringtalk owner, I suppose) is a wild cat. I'm 50/50 with that dude...but, he calls it like he sees it. I'm not crazy at how he chooses to get his point across, but hey, it is what it is.
Allmenjoi8
I did not see the fight, I can wait until next Saturday to see it, but to read all the fan and media outlets reaction to the JMM and Pac fight it seems to me that the tides are turning and fast. If boxingscene is question Pac on his win and saying Mayweather would probably eat Manny alive you know time has changed. Dan Rafael (correct spelling?) isn't boasting on how great Pac looked then something is starting to change. Reading the fans post, it is clear that they feel that Pac has either peaked or Mayweather will beat him easily. Some fans and people in the media are calling Pac, Arum's ultimate hype job. Because of Pac's performance has the May and Pac fight lost steam or has it generated even more interest? Has the tide finally turned on Pac or are people still calling him the GOAT of this generation of boxing?
Are casual fans and media finally pulling the cloak from their eyes?
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 06:57 PM) *

I usually give Stewart the benefit of the doubt because he is a great trainer. One thing I want to point out is that if this fight do big #'s there will not be May vs PAC in May. Slime ball Bob will make sure of that
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:52 PM) *

http://www.ufliq.com/qojjsjosxxlz (Primetime coverage)
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:05 PM) *

Khan just did what he had to do, since he was calling the fight for Skye sports (I believe). Whatever he said at the announcer's table is out there anyway, so his tweet probably wouldn't have differed from what he called. That tweet sounded a bit hesitant, so Im sure he knows not take it too far. Roach cant say much, because Noles said it best, the Pacquiao train is soon to slow down, so Roach will be looking for another great fighter within his stable (if he doesn't choose to retire when Pac's finished). As far as Pac having something to say...he should worry about it getting "countered"! laugh.gif So he has no room to speak about anything at this very moment.

QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 13 2011, 08:29 PM) *
I usually give Stewart the benefit of the doubt because he is a great trainer. One thing I want to point out is that if this fight do big #'s there will not be May vs PAC in May. Slime ball Bob will make sure of that

I do too, so I understand, but sometimes his pom pom moments are far more irritating than Lampley's... and thats quite a daunting task. Maybe its because I expect him not to be biased since he is a great trainer and has ring experience.
wolterb
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:52 PM) *

yeah i just watched that version. lol. one minute was left of the 12th and he says that pacquiao has to get the knockout
wolterb
and bob arum says aftterwards "i'm determined to get a fight with this guy [marquez] and get a consensus victory. i have pacquiao winning this one, but the crowd has it the other way", alluding to a possible 4th fight, and then he says the crowd that is disputing the decision are "probably mexicans"...

it was so blatant marquez got robbed. i don't see where any argument can be made in favor of pacquiao. i guarantee this ppv shattered pacquiao's image. he looked awful!
Hotsauce
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 13 2011, 07:58 PM) *

damn
bnoles4life
How seemingly quick the tide has turned against Pac. While I hated how his accomplishments weren't presented in the proper context, but on the flip side, I don't necessarily like many of the distorted synopsis of how good is really is or isn't. Granted, I don't think he can beat May (even on his best day), but that doesn't make him a shit fighter. On the contrary, it just gives him something in common w/ 42 other fighters.

Thoughts? Do you think the pendulum has swung disproportionately the other way?
pimpfighterROQ
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 11:09 PM) *
How seemingly quick the tide has turned against Pac. While I hated how his accomplishments weren't presented in the proper context, but on the flip side, I don't necessarily like many of the distorted synopsis of how good is really is or isn't. Granted, I don't think he can beat May (even on his best day), but that doesn't make him a shit fighter. On the contrary, it just gives him something in common w/ 42 other fighters.

Thoughts? Do you think the pendulum has swung disproportionately the other way?

This fight was a clear robbery. I had Marquez winning by 1 or 2 points. But yes I do agree that with all the hate we had for Pacquiao for beating up our washed up fighters has filled us with rage. The man lost last night but it's wrong to call him a shit fighter cuz he's not. Pacquiao wasn't listening to his corner telling him to stop following Marquez and move to his right.

Why can't we just agree that Marquez is a fucking amazing fighter? He trained his ass off, studied everything and gave his old rival a fight he will never forget.

I still want to see the Mayweather fight. Granted Pacquiao would lose, like 6-1 underdog. But still I want to see him at least bruise Mayweather's face and bring the best out of him lol.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 08:12 PM) *
LOL...Pedro (Ringtalk owner, I suppose) is a wild cat. I'm 50/50 with that dude...but, he calls it like he sees it. I'm not crazy at how he chooses to get his point across, but hey, it is what it is.

Overall, I'm a fan of that site. I think that he knows more than enough about boxing and essentially deals with the facts, so in my book that's one of the better boxing sites out there.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 13 2011, 11:27 PM) *
Overall, I'm a fan of that site. I think that he knows more than enough about boxing and essentially deals with the facts, so in my book that's one of the better boxing sites out there.

I like the site as well, but when he makes it a point to print "N*gga", I get turned off by that stuff. That being said, I can't really get pissed, when "we" allow it, by calling one another that.

Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 13 2011, 10:36 PM) *
I like the site as well, but when he makes it a point to print "N*gga", I get turned off by that stuff. That being said, I can't really get pissed, when "we" allow it, by calling one another that.

Same here, if I thought that he was racist I'd obviously never go there, but I'm pretty sure that he isn't and the only reason that he thinks that he can use that word is because we use that stupid word and no matter how it's spelt, it's a f'ing stupid word.
Haha, but he can get very tabloidish with his headlines. Knows how to drives those views...
Cshel86
Hahahaha!!! I just watched Casamayor make an ass of himself once again laugh.gif It was funny though, especially the blatant flying headbutt attempts and the clinching...I swear he was doing it just to fuck with Bradley.
un01
i watched the fight again, and it looked closer then it did the first time around. there were only 3 rounds you could give manny without hesitation. marquez had about 5 convincing rounds. the rest of the rounds were really seesaw rounds that could of gone either way, and of course the judges would give manny those round, cause of obvious reasons, but theres no way in hell manny won all of the close rounds.

this was honestly a great fight. i wouldnt mined seeing part 4
BoxingEinstein

Wow....I did not see this coming. I thought Manny was going to spark him out in less than 5 rounds. This makes me wonder if JMM was on PEDS? JMM tonight did better than all of Pac's recent past opponents combined. He fucking won the fight!!! He thoroughly timed Pac's punches and movements and countered beautifully. Fuck Manny's footwork let's talk about JMM's footwork and excellent work to the body. He fought intelligent and it got him a victory in which mostly everyone are calling it a robbery. Arum NEEDS to cash in Manny on May 5th. His stock just took a dive and offering a rematch and a 4th fight to JMM in May just shows you that Arum knows his fighter will lose to Floyd (As I stated before). I always thought this fight would be competitive and now I feel and kind of know that Floyd will outclass and TKO Pacman. Pacquaio threw unnecessary shots and looked too uncomfortable in there. The biggest fight in history will be the biggest mismatch in boxing history also. Floyd is just a bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and more accurate JMM with a more complete plus refined counter punching style. Arum needs to make this fight next year cuz Bradley's performance won't help Pac for being his next opponent.

Mayweather has the upper hand in the negotiations and for Manny to call out Floyd was good, he finally called out Mayweather. The outcome of their fight will be a sham and Mayweather will take that boy to school and into deep water to drown him. Mayweather by TKO 9th or 10th round.

JMM EXPOSED PACMAN!!!!!!!!!! SMH @ Freddie Roach's excuses instead of admitting JMM was the better man. JMM got robbed in 2 fights out of the 3. Sad day for boxing for this robbery very sad.

Michael Buffer:.....And New WBO Welterweight Champion of The World....Juan "Dinamita" Manuel MARQQQQQUEEEZZZ!!!!! Floyd Mayweather and Marquez is the truth.
sduck
Yep this fight definitely confirms and changes the perception of Pacquiao for most if not the entire boxing world. For people who didn't get it yet, you should get it now. He is not on Floyd Mayweather's level, never was, and never will be. I'm about to watch the fight again in higher quality and will re-score it for myself. Usually when I re-score a fight it's still similar to what I've had previously.

On another note, are people still open to the possibility that JMM juiced up for this fight? There's people complaining he drunk a yellow substance (could be pee) like mid-way through the fight.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 14 2011, 08:11 AM) *
Yep this fight definitely confirms and changes the perception of Pacquiao for most if not the entire boxing world. For people who didn't get it yet, you should get it now. He is not on Floyd Mayweather's level, never was, and never will be. I'm about to watch the fight again in higher quality and will re-score it for myself. Usually when I re-score a fight it's still similar to what I've had previously.

On another note, are people still open to the possibility that JMM juiced up for this fight? There's people complaining he drunk a yellow substance (could be pee) like mid-way through the fight.

You clearly do not understand the definition of "fan" and especially don't understand Pacmania. Pac's fans won't dare let something like facts, get in the way of an argument. This proves nothing to Pac fans, except, Manny is playing opossum to lure Floyd into a fight. <----that's the senseless shit I was hearing in at the bar where I watched the fight.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 13 2011, 09:25 PM) *
yeah i just watched that version. lol. one minute was left of the 12th and he says that pacquiao has to get the knockout

Yup, so that translates to, at least in Amir Khan's opinion, no K.O by Pacqauio equals no victory by Pacquaio....but nope, somehow Marquez still lost.
sduck
Alright, here's the simple truth to all this after watching the fight again. People were being over hyped for the fact that Marquez was such a huge underdog, and the common intention was that he'll be knocked out, but he was once again giving Pacquiao such a hard fight against all odds swaying many people to believe Marquez won "clearly". I once again have Marquez winning the fight, this time only by 2 rounds. It wasn't a huge blow out by either side. I don't understand how anyone can say Marquez won like 10-2 or 9-3. That's just ridiculous. In a way I can see how people can have Pacquiao winning, just as Harold Lederman stated, he favors the "aggressors" as do some judges. Pacquiao was the aggressor in the fight, throwing more, also landing some hard shots (there's a reason why Marquez's face was bruised up). Neither fighter shut out the other, the pace of the fight was a neutral exchange for the most part. There was only one one-sided round in which Marquez clearly won which was round 5. Every other round was pretty close, some still too close to tell (for me).
Pacquiao did look better to me as a fighter compared to the first two fights. He still lacks a lot of technique, but he was more sharper and elusive. Marquez still looked good, looked better defensively, could of done better in countering, but it was harder for Marquez to catch Pacquiao this time around because Pacquiao was more elusive. Pacquiao was a bit frustrated, but both fighters looked very good. Marquez just looked spectacular for giving off such a performance at this weight and age, and not even getting knocked down this time around (I also noticed Marquez got some skinny ass legs, man look at how big Pacquiao's ankles and calves are compared to Marquez).
But all in the end, this fight proves something. Manny Pacquiao is not this "amazing" fighter that the world has been hyped up to believe. It makes you think how bad, not how good, he'll do against Mayweather. I also think it gives more credit to Mayweather's victory over Marquez.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 14 2011, 08:14 AM) *
You clearly do not understand the definition of "fan" and especially don't understand Pacmania. Pac's fans won't dare let something like facts, get in the way of an argument. This proves nothing to Pac fans, except, Manny is playing opossum to lure Floyd into a fight. <----that's the senseless shit I was hearing in at the bar where I watched the fight.

We all know loyal fans defend their god beyond any logic. I've already heard the absurd excuses, including that one of "baiting" Floyd Mayweather. The point is I do see a lot more Pac fans that are getting it now, some of them claiming to be big fans. You see many more people's opinions swaying, including other boxers. It's swaying to the point where many people are now believing Pacquiao will have no chance against Mayweather. Expect Pacquiao to be the huge underdog if the fight is finally made.
Cshel86
QUOTE (un01 @ Nov 14 2011, 12:20 AM) *
i watched the fight again, and it looked closer then it did the first time around. there were only 3 rounds you could give manny without hesitation.

It was clear that JMM got round 2, and it was easy to give 1 and 3 to Pac, though 3 was a bit tough to score. You're right though...no way in hell Manny won ALL of those close rounds.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 14 2011, 05:21 AM) *
This makes me wonder if JMM was on PEDS? JMM tonight did better than all of Pac's recent past opponents combined. He fucking won the fight!!! He thoroughly timed Pac's punches and movements and countered beautifully. Fuck Manny's footwork let's talk about JMM's footwork and excellent work to the body. He fought intelligent and it got him a victory in which mostly everyone are calling it a robbery. Pacquaio threw unnecessary shots and looked too uncomfortable in there.

JMM EXPOSED PACMAN!!!!!!!!!! SMH @ Freddie Roach's excuses instead of admitting JMM was the better man. JMM got robbed in 2 fights out of the 3. Sad day for boxing for this robbery very sad.

I highly doubt if JMM was on PEDs, but who knows. All I know is that he didn't take too many flush shots from Manny because Manny was too uncomfortable to land anything. Marquez didn't touch the canvas once, which goes to tell you that he was on his "A game" and timed Manny just right. He was very patient this time, and I think people confused that with him being too careful. Manny was all out of wack while trying to land no2.gif

Yeah I agree, screw Manny footwork and I dont even see where the excellent body work came from because he only landed 17 body shots the whole fight and none of them folded JMM, so excellent, no. How was Manny's footwork so great (proclaimed by the pom-pom wavers) when Roach claims that Manny's shit was cramping up. I even saw Manny go back to the corner and tap his leg, but hell...doesn't his legs ALWAYS seem to cramp up when he looks shitty in a fight? JMM didn't expose him, he just concretely confirmed people's willful disbelief that Manny has a hard time with true boxers

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 14 2011, 08:14 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pacmania? I'll take Pacnesia for 200! Doesn't the idea of true facts really make them hide under a rock? Scratch that, they usually stand up with a straight face and confidence in their voice while proclaiming that Manny's a world beater. Man, when the facts are being put out there, half of the time they have the nerve to come back with shit that Bob Arum says...how much weight does that hold? laugh.gif

They often try to speak up for a guy who cant even speak up for himself...dont you just love the irony. These false accomplishments of his (past 135 lbs) are dead to me. I want to see him fight somebody at their actual fighting weight. Funny how the words from a guy that the world hates and calls a ducker, are slowly but surely coming to light...again, irony. So from the looks of it, FMJ is verbally breaking Pac down (like he always does) and waiting for the papers to get signed so the promotions can continue.

Notice how I said, "so the promotions can continue" laugh.gif The promotions never stopped, and honestly the negotiations never stopped (if you want to look at it that way). Of course to a Pac fan with Pacnesia, they will tell you that negotiation failures were Floyd's fault

xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 01:43 PM) *
I couldn't quote everybody's posts (which were good ones), so I'll sum it up. At this point, Arum is in the hot seat when ANY negotiations about FMJ/Pac come up. JMM didn't throw a bunch of nasty combinations against Pac, because of course, he had to be super careful. Not only did he have to fight Pac, he also had to fight the judges, his past mistakes in the first two fights, and the crowd's utterly sickening, delusional, and undying love for Pacquiao. It sucks how the whole world notices that JMM's a counter puncher, and repeated it for the past few months, but chose to ignore it during the fight.

When I saw those wild ass percentages before the fight, when folks judged who really won the first two fights...I already knew Marquez had his hands full. If JMM is offered the right amount of money, a forth fight will happen. He's Mexican to the core and he fights for the pride of his country, but that pride for his country wont make him walk away from another big payday, and RELEVANCE in the sport.

At this point, Im just WAITING to see what FMJ has to say about this...Im sure he's gonna eat this up! I believe the ball is truly in Arum's court and maybe Floyd made that May 5th announcement at the right time. He said he will fight the "little guy" on May 5th, so now the little guy's big boss is on blast. Of course Arum had a plan B and C...so he pulled JMM/Pac IV out of his ass quickly, and he's talking about doing it in May laugh.gif Pathetic! From the looks of it, Arum's keeping Pac away from Floyd. I will say this again, its funny how Pac actually spoke up about a Floyd fight afterwards, when he usually leaves it to Bob...maybe he did it to save face.

To be honest, I thought Manny was about to go off on Kellerman last night when he heard all of that booing, and knew in his heart that he was exposed. Im thinking that Floyd was relying on Manny to get exposed sooner or later, so at least some of the world would see things the he's seen them in regards to Pac and his ring skills. Maybe Floyd gained a bit after last night, since people compared JMM's performance to his Floyd's future performance against Pac.

Solid post here Cshel. I agree with everything you said...you really do know boxing. Are you the CEO in disguise?? Just kidding...I know you aint cause you would be talking more chit about Khan, Calzaghe, Butte and Hatton. lol He couldn't stand those fighters.
Cshel86

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 14 2011, 09:30 AM) *
throwing more, also landing some hard shots (there's a reason why Marquez's face was bruised up).

He was hitting JMM's shadow half the time, but yes, the straight left did land a grea bit, but not as much as we're used to seeing it land.

Neither fighter shut out the other, the pace of the fight was a neutral exchange for the most part.

True

Pacquiao did look better to me as a fighter compared to the first two fights.

I disagree, he looked better in the rematch, because his technique was so terrible, but fun to watch at the same time (dont ask how I came up with that).

He still lacks a lot of technique, but he was more sharper and elusive.

Hmmm...it was a bit elusiveness, but more of "let me impress somebody with something since Im failing at blowing this guy out". Marquez aint all that fast, so its a bit easy to look elusive against him.

Marquez still looked good, looked better defensively, could of done better in countering, but it was harder for Marquez to catch Pacquiao this time around because Pacquiao was more elusive.

I partially agree with him not being able to catch Pacquiao, but when has he ever been able to on a consistent basis? ANYTIME he landed anything good against Pac, it was more than likely a counter punch followed by a short combination. His defense was EXCELLENT in this fight...on the strength of his back not touching the canvas with his feet in the air.

Pacquiao was a bit frustrated, But all in the end, this fight proves something. Manny Pacquiao is not this "amazing" fighter that the world has been hyped up to believe.

True, or maybe he has problems with guys who are patient and heavily rely on counterpunching, because they know that exchanges will only lead to them finishing the fight on their back. If Marquez would've tried to please the crowd by going toe-to-toe like he did a lot in the first two fights, then he would've given the world exactly what they wanted...him on his ass, and Pacquiao the victor. So yes, JMM was stuck between a rock and a hard place, which sucks. He could've either fought out of character in a danger zone to impress the judges/crowd and get laid out, or he could've fought strong, carefully, and convincingly, and got robbed out of a decision. Of course he chose the latter, and suffered the consequences. Again, I was almost inclined to ask what fight you were watching, but you did make some great points, so no need for me to even ask. Quite impartial and good post.

My stuff is in bold...good post though.

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 14 2011, 10:16 AM) *
Solid post here Cshel. I agree with everything you said...you really do know boxing. Are you the CEO in disguise?? Just kidding...I know you aint cause you would be talking more chit about Khan, Calzaghe, Butte and Hatton. lol He couldn't stand those fighters.

Hey I appreciate that man. Thanks. Im more of a Dawson and Bradley hater nowadays...oh yeah, cant forget about Anthony Peterson, Queen Chavez, and Broner.
Tha Docta
close fight, anyone that screams robbery obviously was not being objective.

and for the life of me i cannot understand why Marquez didnt fight with a little more sense of urgency. if you feel youve been robbed in 2 previous fights, then why would you let off the gas in the later rounds?

when rounds are tough to score i alwasy tend to give them to the guy that pressed the action. and i think thats what the judges did as well. its frustrating because this fight was there to be won decisively by marquez but i believe he was too afraid of getting knocked down or out.

CDeezFoo
I had to chime in with my 2 cents...but does anyone remember when Manny fought Cotto a few years ago...Manny clearly won the fight that night...but at the end of the fight, the last 3 or 4 rounds, Cotto frustrated the shit outta Manny by moving around and ducking punches...if Cotto had did that the entire fight, it could of ended different but I knew back then that Manny was not a great fighter...but a good fighter that throws a lot of punches. Manny was clearly exposed by JMM...again. Manny can not handle a fighter that has any kind of movement..and he can not handle anybody that is willing to throw punches...even against Clottey he could not stop Clottey's uppercuts.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 14 2011, 11:48 AM) *
I had to chime in with my 2 cents...but does anyone remember when Manny fought Cotto a few years ago...Manny clearly won the fight that night...but at the end of the fight, the last 3 or 4 rounds, Cotto frustrated the shit outta Manny by moving around and ducking punches...if Cotto had did that the entire fight, it could of ended different but I knew back then that Manny was not a great fighter...but a good fighter that throws a lot of punches. Manny was clearly exposed by JMM...again. Manny can not handle a fighter that has any kind of movement..and he can not handle anybody that is willing to throw punches...even against Clottey he could not stop Clottey's uppercuts.

He also got frustrated by Clottey's defense at times. Remember the 2-handed punch Manny did (out of frustration) when he couldn't break through Clottey's defense? That was classic. If Clottey would've thrown more punches, the outcome of that fight could've been different as well. I say this, 'cause he barely threw anything, but when he did, he connected.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 13 2011, 09:15 PM) *
Khan just did what he had to do, since he was calling the fight for Skye sports (I believe). Whatever he said at the announcer's table is out there anyway, so his tweet probably wouldn't have differed from what he called. That tweet sounded a bit hesitant, so Im sure he knows not take it too far. Roach cant say much, because Noles said it best, the Pacquiao train is soon to slow down, so Roach will be looking for another great fighter within his stable (if he doesn't choose to retire when Pac's finished). As far as Pac having something to say...he should worry about it getting "countered"! laugh.gif So he has no room to speak about anything at this very moment.

I do too, so I understand, but sometimes his pom pom moments are far more irritating than Lampley's... and thats quite a daunting task. Maybe its because I expect him not to be biased since he is a great trainer and has ring experience.

Do you remember Lampley's "Bang!!! Bang!!! Bang!!! Bang!!!" pom-pom moment at Pacquiao's fight against Clottey? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That shit was irritatin', but funny at the same time. Jim wore his cheerleaders uniform proudly that night.
Plah
Marquez didn't press the action because he knows he was winning. Nothing more, nothing less.
Tha Docta
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 14 2011, 02:50 PM) *
Marquez didn't press the action because he knows he was winning. Nothing more, nothing less.

then the man is a complete idiot. he knew he was winning the last two fights as well and he saw what happened. so he knows he needed to do a little something extra in this fight to get the decision. nothing more, nothing less.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 14 2011, 02:50 PM) *

Either that, or he didn't want to get overconfident and ultimately floored.

QUOTE (Tha Docta @ Nov 14 2011, 03:09 PM) *
then the man is a complete idiot. he knew he was winning the last two fights as well and he saw what happened. so he knows he needed to do a little something extra in this fight to get the decision. nothing more, nothing less.

Why would he be considered an idiot? Him doing a "little more" is what caused him the last two fights. He would've whooped Pacquiao in the first fight, IF he never hit the canvas (just going by the pace of the fight w/o the knockdowns). The rematch would've been a draw, had he not been floored in that fight. So he had EVERY reason to avoid being floored again, and the sad part is, he made Pac look like crap in the process. I see if he was being too careful and ended up looking like Mosley and running the whole time. But hell, even Mosley showed some of Pac's flaws in that fight. I guess Pac is just one of those guys that you cant do too much against, but yet, you cant short yourself either.
Jack 1000
I heard that the judges did not unanimously agree on any rounds after round 6. Did anyone do a round by round scorecard that they could post?

Jack
GlocBoxing
Saturday night we all tuned into another fight in the trilogy between two of the best P4P fighters in the world. Now i had previously posted before the fight 'Pacquiao Marquez III Predictions' and what i predicted came out correctly, other then the fact that Marquez didnt get the nod from the judges. I knew going into that fight that Marquez was not gonna get KOd by Pacman, not did i think that Pacman figure out how to beat him.

Which leads me to Point #1: Looking and watching the fight 3xs already Marquez boxed so beautifully he really made Manny look amatuerish and very predictable, over the course of 12 rounds Pacquiao continued to show that he relies WAY to much on his left hand. Its what got him to where hes at now, so it aint ever gonna change. With Marquez boxing so great in that fight he was able to see how Manny was standing and avoid every big shot Manny throw wildly. Out of the fewer exchanges in this fight i think Marquez got the best of it.

Point #2 Marquez throw fewer punches then Manny, but the few that he did throw landed more cleanly on Pacquiao with Manny not giving his best shot in return, and fustrating Manny. So going back to Point #1....All through 24/7 Freddie Roach, Alex Ariza, and ALL other Pacman fans and Manny himself have stressed how greatly he has improved with his technic and able to use both hands very effectively and destroy Marquez! Let me repeat DESTROY Marquez. They almost had me believing that he was, but i knew deep down he was not. Marquez is too smart for Manny. Pacman has the Power advantage, but what beats power shots is countering, Manny has the speed what beats speed Timing all which Marquez is Superior compared to Manny!

So back to what im saying Pacquiao showed me again why he has not improved to me because he ALWAYS goes back to what he feels more comfortable with and tends to always go back to throwing his straight left hand shot! Marquez is too smart for that Manny! I know a lot of Pacquiao fans are gonna get on this and continue to stay on the bandwagon of Pacquiao to bring them more pride which is ok but its gonna be another let down if not bigger than this past Saturday night when he jumps in the ring (if ever) with Floyd Mayweather. It just reminds me of the Bandwagoners of all the 'IT' teams in other professional sports when they make it to a real challenge in the championship and get destroys against a better team.

Going back to my beginning, Saturday night was a great night of fights (especially with one of my goodfriends and family member in Mike Alvarado CONGRATS cuz!) but it was another horrible showing in end results of big PPV fights 1st Mayweather v Ortiz although it was clearly legal it was dirty for May to kit Ortiz with his hands down, he didnt need to do that, he was on the verge of winning that fight anyway within a few rounds, but end result was controversal. next Hopkins v Dawson 2 rounds and Hopkins cant use his shoulder after being throwing to the canvas by Dawson trying to get alittle dirty! Did Chad have to really throw him off of him when he wasnt even holding him down intentionally? End result controversal! Now this fight with Marquez and Pacquiao great match up but end result very controversal....At worse the result couldve been a draw, AT WORSE! But Marquez won that fight!

Take the fact that he let Manny take 11 and 12, he still won! Pacquiao did not win that fight! Arum afterwards has the nerve to say he wants to see Number 4!! Marquez will have no part of it, he said it himself. For what? so he can train 2 1/2 months with hard training minimum quality time with his family, put his heart and soul into the gym knowing that at the end result is the same...Pcaman gets the win! Marquez will next time need to punch the hell of of the judges as he walks into the ring that way when they become conscience they fight will be over and see after how long it takes to the end of the fight they see Marquez is raising his hands and see Pacquiao looking discouraged that they would just give the nod to Marquez! #REALTALK!!

When they fight ended i said to myself they will give it to Manny, because hes the biggest name and has the better future and promising future with a fight with Mayweather! Now to that Point, you think Marquez was a great counter puncher, Mayweather is quicker at counter and most times dont need it cause he sees the punch that you attempt to throw before you throw it and sharpens u up with a straight right before you pop off! Favors Mayweather! You thought Marquez is a smart technician wooooooooo Mayweather has to be the smartest hands down of any fighter since Ali. Overall, Mayweather v Pacquiao will be a blowout like Mayweather v Baldomir! Same result! Mayweather dominates and possible attempts the KO and gets it! So Saturday night Marquez and fans lost out on a world class 'upset' and Pacquiao got the win which everyone knows MARQUEZ is the true winner!
wmorre
Really? How about Marquez "Cheater" stepping Manny's foot several times?
KookedKrack
QUOTE (wmorre @ Nov 14 2011, 09:06 PM) *
Really? How about Marquez "Cheater" stepping Manny's foot several times?

You can't honestly be this fucking stupid. This is what frustrates me about new to boxing Pac stans, when it's conventional vs southpaw they step on each others feet all the time. Shit if I remember correctly Pac did it to Marquez a few times in the first round.

And even if Marquez stepped on his foot 10000 times its not cheating, you idiot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.