Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd vs ? Feb.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
iKeNjiro
Damn me for real
I said Floyd is looking to fight Martinez next
on a radio show an here on fighthype Floyd says hes back Feb.

Now whos available in Feb?
Everyone's fighting or finished a fight a month prior

Let go back again
Floyd Sr. In a interview a few months back
Said he doesn't think its good for little Floyd's health to move up weight (154)
An Floyd doesn't need that fight, he should stay at 147

A month or so ago
Martinez on a spanish radio said the deal is close to done with Floyd

And now Floyd saying on a talk show & to Ben Feb. Is the date
And he himself debunked that Moralas(correct his name for me) rumor.

whos left to fight?
BigFightFan
I don't care who is availiable to fight in February, I just know PAC want be available that date
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 15 2011, 09:38 AM) *
I don't care who is availiable to fight in February, I just know PAC want be available that date

Pacquiao may want that fight, but I doubt that
an Arum doesn't want that fight for sure.
Isn't he (Arum) talking about a Pacquiao vs JMM 4 in May lol
Arum an Pacquiao is a joke
HazConvictedFelonMane
Sergio Martinez. If Mayweather goes out there and beats Martinez, the bible of boxing will have no choice but to return the true king's name to the top of the heap. Manny has shown that the best fighter out there pound for pound, isn't named Manny Pacquiao. Floyd will beat him way too easily. I'd rather see something more like a challenge.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 14 2011, 07:53 PM) *
Pacquiao may want that fight, but I doubt that
an Arum doesn't want that fight for sure.
Isn't he (Arum) talking about a Pacquiao vs JMM 4 in May lol
Arum an Pacquiao is a joke

Manny will not take that fight in Feb, it will only leave him roughly a month to relax before he enters training camp again. So my guess is it want be PAC he's facing in Feb and ellerbe's words hold no weight. I give up on trying to predict when these 2 will rumble.
mrchitown
I don't think he'll fight in Feb, that's right around the corner. They will have to find an opponent ASAP for that to even give them enough time to promote the fight
Dlac
miadina!
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 14 2011, 09:30 PM) *
I don't think he'll fight in Feb, that's right around the corner. They will have to find an opponent ASAP for that to even give them enough time to promote the fight

Exactly! Why the hell is everybody getting excited at Mayweather's every word? February is right up our asses, no way in hell he can cook up an opponent in that little bit of time. Hell, its turkey time next week...see how fast time flies?
BoxingEinstein

Mayweather should clean up the welterweight division and tell all the big name 140 pounders and rising ones to move up and face him. He can get like atleast 2 or 3 fights in a year.
Plah
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 14 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Mayweather should clean up the welterweight division and tell all the big name 140 pounders and rising ones to move up and face him. He can get like atleast 2 or 3 fights in a year.

This
Cshel86

Shiiiiit! Thats a good thought, but at this point, with all that FMMJ's worth, he doesn't have to do anything. The WW division should be cleaning out each other to fight him. The 140 lbers should also do the same...maybe that will help these prima donnas fight each other, instead of thinking that they are worth more than what their minds are telling them.

To think about it, there isn't really much for Floyd to clean up in the WW divsion...especially if they dont bring money to the table. That goes back to my point of these dudes fighting each other and bring their own market value up. I wish Floyd would fight 2-3 times a year, but I honestly dont believe they are willing to pay him that much THAT often. Good points though...
The Original MrFactor
Bradley should be available. It would be nice if the Cotto/Margarito winner would be available. I'd still love to see Floyd fight either of them
sduck
I don't want to see Floyd fight anyone that isn't Khan, Martinez, or Pacquiao.
streetlion1
Floyd should keep the May date and fight the winner of Margacheato-Cotto

Then I'll finally get my dream fight Cotto vs Mayweather!!!!!!
wolterb
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Nov 15 2011, 03:57 AM) *
Bradley should be available. It would be nice if the Cotto/Margarito winner would be available. I'd still love to see Floyd fight either of them

That is what I was thinking, too
CrazyBuffalO
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 08:29 PM) *
I don't want to see Floyd fight anyone that isn't ..., ..., or Pacquiao.

Uhhh enough of that CLOWN already!!

He (or rather "she") ain't on the same league as Floyd Mayweather Jr (the best P4P boxer in the world).

PS: Nice forum sig to the author of this thread! Winner!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!
CDeezFoo
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:46 AM) *
I wish Floyd would fight 2-3 times a year, but I honestly dont believe they are willing to pay him that much THAT often.

Floyd Sr said that if Floyd Jr fights twice in one year...the amount of taxes that they take would be as if he fought once so it isnt worth it
Cshel86
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 15 2011, 11:23 AM) *
Floyd Sr said that if Floyd Jr fights twice in one year...the amount of taxes that they take would be as if he fought once so it isnt worth it

That could very well be possible.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:01 PM) *
Exactly! Why the hell is everybody getting excited at Mayweather's every word? February is right up our asses, no way in hell he can cook up an opponent in that little bit of time. Hell, its turkey time next week...see how fast time flies?

Time is flying super fast! Any fight involving Floyd will have promotion to the max degree and a Feb date wouldn't allow for that to happen. I believe he'll stick to his May date and I wouldn't be surprised if his opponent was Martinez or the winner of Cotto-Margarito 2. Khan needs a couple of good performances at WW before he takes on Mayweather
RyanTical
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 04:29 AM) *
I don't want to see Floyd fight anyone that isn't Khan, Martinez, or Pacquiao.

I second this. Throw Canelo in there too.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:46 AM) *
Shiiiiit! Thats a good thought, but at this point, with all that FMMJ's worth, he doesn't have to do anything. The WW division should be cleaning out each other to fight him. The 140 lbers should also do the same...maybe that will help these prima donnas fight each other, instead of thinking that they are worth more than what their minds are telling them.

To think about it, there isn't really much for Floyd to clean up in the WW divsion...especially if they dont bring money to the table. That goes back to my point of these dudes fighting each other and bring their own market value up. I wish Floyd would fight 2-3 times a year, but I honestly dont believe they are willing to pay him that much THAT often. Good points though...

I mean who wouldn't besides the casual boxing fan wouldn't want to see Floyd in there with the likes of...Khan, Berto, Bradley, Matthysse, Maidana, and maybe oneday Rios....I can see Floyd moving up to 154 and cleaning out that division too. No one from 154 and under challenges Floyd unless it's Martinez.

Martinez vs Floyd will be the fight everyone wants to see eventually...just wait
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 15 2011, 07:19 PM) *
I mean who wouldn't besides the casual boxing fan wouldn't want to see Floyd in there with the likes of...Khan, Berto, Bradley, Matthysse, Maidana, and maybe oneday Rios....I can see Floyd moving up to 154 and cleaning out that division too. No one from 154 and under challenges Floyd unless it's Martinez.

Martinez vs Floyd will be the fight everyone wants to see eventually...just wait

At this point, Im sure Floyd can make 154 on the head, since he's never "officially" made that weight. Im wondering how long it will be before he begins to slow down (not that Im waiting for it), thats why its hard for me to keep giving him victories in fights that he hasn't fought yet.

Like you, I can list a few dudes that I know he would outclass, but hopefully his mind and body doesn't start to work against him in the near future...you know, when your mind tells you that you can still compete at the highest level, but your body's telling you to hang 'em up. Im sure he has a couple of years left before that comes around though.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 09:26 AM) *
At this point, Im sure Floyd can make 154 on the head, since he's never "officially" made that weight. Im wondering how long it will be before he begins to slow down (not that Im waiting for it), thats why its hard for me to keep giving him victories in fights that he hasn't fought yet.

Like you, I can list a few dudes that I know he would outclass, but hopefully his mind and body doesn't start to work against him in the near future...you know, when your mind tells you that you can still compete at the highest level, but your body's telling you to hang 'em up. Im sure he has a couple of years left before that comes around though.

A couple is asking for a lot is it not?
the man has been in the sport 14+ years
I think he should go big this next year an hang it up....he'll be what 35? do two or three fights next year, though 2 fights is fine
make sure there big names

Floyd vs Martinez early next year
Floyd vs Amere Con late next year

or

Floyd vs Pacquiao early next year
and retire or maybe fight Amere Con at the end of the year

side note Amir Khan might be earning his name back in my book, after speaking and telling the truth about the fight on the 12th
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 07:29 AM) *
I don't want to see Floyd fight anyone that isn't Pacquiao.

After what happened to Pacquiao on Nov. 12, people still wanna see him fight Mayweather? Wow!!!
CDeezFoo
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 15 2011, 06:19 PM) *

that would be weak if the next big thing would be...Floyd is scared to fight Martinez

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 12:56 AM) *
side note Amir Khan might be earning his name back in my book, after speaking and telling the truth about the fight on the 12th

ay...excellent point because he caught my attention with that and I was thinking dam, this guy's grown up and is now ready to jump in with the big dawgs

as far as who Mayweather is gonna fight...it doesnt really matter...ima watch and try to go anyway
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 16 2011, 09:01 AM) *
that would be weak if the next big thing would be...Floyd is scared to fight Martinez

ay...excellent point because he caught my attention with that and I was thinking dam, this guy's grown up and is now ready to jump in with the big dawgs

as far as who Mayweather is gonna fight...it doesnt really matter...ima watch and try to go anyway

"Assuming" that Mayweather is scared which I doubt it. Your probably one of those people who thought Floyd was scared to fight Mosley after he destroyed Margarito and prolly one of those people who didn't think Floyd would face a young,strong, and hungry champion in Victor Ortiz.....GTFOH!!!
CDeezFoo
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 10:01 AM) *
"Assuming" that Mayweather is scared which I doubt it. Your probably one of those people who thought Floyd was scared to fight Mosley after he destroyed Margarito and prolly one of those people who didn't think Floyd would face a young,strong, and hungry champion in Victor Ortiz.....GTFOH!!!

what are you talking about holmez...seems we have a mis-communication going on here...I was saying that it would suck if the next thing people start hating on Floyd would be that he is scared of Martinez. I think Floyd would beat anybody within 10 pounds of his weight class easy, even Martinez
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:01 PM) *

Late Feb or early March is def possible. The Ortiz fight was announced in June I think?
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 01:56 AM) *
A couple is asking for a lot is it not?
the man has been in the sport 14+ years
I think he should go big this next year an hang it up....he'll be what 35? do two or three fights next year, though 2 fights is fine
make sure there big names

Floyd vs Martinez early next year
Floyd vs Amere Con late next year

or

Floyd vs Pacquiao early next year
and retire or maybe fight Amere Con at the end of the year

Honestly, I dont believe 2 years is asking for much. Yes, he will be 35 in February and yes, he's been in the sport for about 15 years (depending on whether or not you want to count the lay-offs), BUT...as far as ring wear...he can still fight for about another 2-3 years. There will be too much money involved for him to step away after 2 more fights. If the Pacquiao fight is made and he dominates Pac, there WILL be a rematch...for monetary reasons. The more money Floyd brings to the sport, the more money they will pay him for doing his part to keep the sport relevant.

A Martinez fight could be possible in the near future, but a Khan fight seems more likely to happen before that. Besides, a Khan fight will keep Pacquiao, Roach, and Ariza in the picture while the fight is being built. Pac will be sparring with Khan on 24/7, more viewers will watch and give Khan a bigger chance in the fight...which equals...there ya go...more money and more buys. I dont see Martinez bringing that so soon, and he more than likely will have to take the backseat to Khan anyway, for the above reasons.

So let's see here, Floyd may be looking at a Khan fight, 2 Pacquiao fights (possibly 3, if a miracle is in favor of Pac in one of the first two fights), a possible Alvarez fight, a possible Martinez fight, a possible Ortiz rematch, and a possible Berto fight. So thats 3 fights and 4 possibles. Money and promotion will drive these fights, as well as Floyd's decision on how much longer he fights. I wouldn't be surprised if Khan tried to slide in a February fight with a WW, and actually campaign for that May 5th slot, I wouldn't doubt it. Im sure Khan's still aiming for a Nov. or Dec. fight with Floyd if the May date falls through.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 16 2011, 02:10 PM) *
Late Feb or early March is def possible. The Ortiz fight was announced in June I think?

Yeah you're right, it was June. So yes, a March fight is possible since its still November. Now, if Floyd was actually under contract, then I would be more inclined to believe him in regards to a Feb. fight.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 16 2011, 12:28 PM) *
what are you talking about holmez...seems we have a mis-communication going on here...I was saying that it would suck if the next thing people start hating on Floyd would be that he is scared of Martinez. I think Floyd would beat anybody within 10 pounds of his weight class easy, even Martinez

yeah we do...my bad i misread what you said. My fault on that, and yeah I agree Floyd either outboxes/stops most of the people from 160 and below....considering that more than once he had to face an opponent who out weighed him over 10+ pounds. Floyd destroyed Ortiz who was #2 at Welter even in controversial and less than satisfying fashion (I blame Ortiz) he still did it in exciting fashion by KO. Manny struggled and lost to Marquez a HOF, P4P great, legend, one of the greatest fighters in our time in another fight that was suppose to end all doubts between them. Now with everything coming out, it's quite hard not to criticize him after his performance against Marquez, His team's excuses, and with Arum blatantly making Pac look like he's ducking Floyd.

Floyd to me was always gifted and extremely talented, plus I respect his dedication to a sport that is so filled with politics, bullshit, and finicky fans and yet he's survived it all. I just criticize that fact that he hasn't always challenged himself as much as I thought he should, looking back I notice most fighters ducked him than what most think and also maybe him ducking fighters that I thought he would beat which to me made no sense. Floyd is now taking on the positive image right now which is a good look and can help the average fan to be more welcomed to him although it will not work on all. Pacquaio facing Marquez again just shows you how far behind Pac is against Floyd...now hardcore boxing fans are clamoring for Martinez-Mayweather.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 16 2011, 02:10 PM) *

I can see a March date but I really don't believe he'll fight in Feb, but who knows, he just might surprise us and pull it off. But he would need an opponent within the week or so for something like that
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 16 2011, 01:19 AM) *
Uhhh enough of that CLOWN already!!

He (or rather "she") ain't on the same league as Floyd Mayweather Jr (the best P4P boxer in the world).

PS: Nice forum sig to the author of this thread! Winner!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

lol thanks man
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 04:49 PM) *
yeah we do...my bad i misread what you said. My fault on that, and yeah I agree Floyd either outboxes/stops most of the people from 160 and below....considering that more than once he had to face an opponent who out weighed him over 10+ pounds. Floyd destroyed Ortiz who was #2 at Welter even in controversial and less than satisfying fashion (I blame Ortiz) he still did it in exciting fashion by KO. Manny struggled and lost to Marquez a HOF, P4P great, legend, one of the greatest fighters in our time in another fight that was suppose to end all doubts between them. Now with everything coming out, it's quite hard not to criticize him after his performance against Marquez, His team's excuses, and with Arum blatantly making Pac look like he's ducking Floyd.

Floyd to me was always gifted and extremely talented, plus I respect his dedication to a sport that is so filled with politics, bullshit, and finicky fans and yet he's survived it all. I just criticize that fact that he hasn't always challenged himself as much as I thought he should, looking back I notice most fighters ducked him than what most think and also maybe him ducking fighters that I thought he would beat which to me made no sense. Floyd is now taking on the positive image right now which is a good look and can help the average fan to be more welcomed to him although it will not work on all. Pacquaio facing Marquez again just shows you how far behind Pac is against Floyd...now hardcore boxing fans are clamoring for Martinez-Mayweather.
I know, right? I bet Arum never expected his plan to backfire the way it did.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 17 2011, 11:35 AM) *
I know, right? I bet Arum never expected his plan to backfire the way it did.

"May is afraid of Pac's right hand" I will be laughing for the next two weeks about that one. Skip Bayless is buying that Manny had leg cramps! May fought with either a broken hand or hurt shoulder against Castillo, Mike Vick played with two broke ribs, Allen Iverson stayed playing hurt. You are a pro, suck it up and keep moving.

May should either shut Khan's glass chin up or beat Canelo or better JCC Jr. I would love that!!!!!
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 18 2011, 03:43 AM) *
"May is afraid of Pac's right hand" I will be laughing for the next two weeks about that one. Skip Bayless is buying that Manny had leg cramps! May fought with either a broken hand or hurt shoulder against Castillo, Mike Vick played with two broke ribs, Allen Iverson stayed playing hurt. You are a pro, suck it up and keep moving.

May should either shut Khan's glass chin up or beat Canelo or better JCC Jr. I would love that!!!!!

+1
This was a good post
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 17 2011, 01:43 PM) *

He also fought that way against Corley.
iKeNjiro
Anyone read fighthype's front page?
seems Manny an his entire team want Floyd next....

Now Manny has to put his foot down an tell Arum I want Floyd

Thoughts?
An are you guys still interested?
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 17 2011, 11:20 PM) *

Thoughts?

Can somebody say, combustion?
Cheesey1

Yup and all of them will be good.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 17 2011, 11:20 PM) *

Thoughts?

Arum has already dismissed a megafight with Floyd. He won't allow that fight to be made. Like I've said in the past, Pacquiao and Floyd aren't scared of each other, it's Arum who's afraid to lose his cash cow.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 18 2011, 01:12 AM) *
Arum has already dismissed a megafight with Floyd. He won't allow that fight to be made. Like I've said in the past, Pacquiao and Floyd aren't scared of each other, it's Arum who's afraid to lose his cash cow.

At this point I feel Arum talked himself in a corner. He stated that Floyd was scared of Manny. Ellerbe said okay let's make it happen May 5th. The comment was a "sick joke." Pac lays a goose egg against JMM. Now what choice does he have? Pac is not going to fight JMM again. Well at least not next. He is looking for that mega pay day. Arum might have to eat his words and make the fight. He Manny shows another half ass effort no one will be interested in seeing the May and Pac fight. Either way it goes if May wins they will say he waited for Pac to get old and Pac will still be the good guy and if Pac wins then he has always been better than May. SO either way Team Pac wins. People will still say May dodged Cotto and Plastered hands. So Pac still wins.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 18 2011, 08:05 AM) *
At this point I feel Arum talked himself in a corner. He stated that Floyd was scared of Manny. Ellerbe said okay let's make it happen May 5th. The comment was a "sick joke." Pac lays a goose egg against JMM. Now what choice does he have? Pac is not going to fight JMM again. Well at least not next. He is looking for that mega pay day. Arum might have to eat his words and make the fight. He Manny shows another half ass effort no one will be interested in seeing the May and Pac fight. Either way it goes if May wins they will say he waited for Pac to get old and Pac will still be the good guy and if Pac wins then he has always been better than May. SO either way Team Pac wins. People will still say May dodged Cotto and Plastered hands. So Pac still wins.

Excellent summation. It does appear his "Eagle mouth" has written a check, his "hummingbird @$$" has to cash!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.