Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto/Margarito Face-Off
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Im not sure if anybody else saw the Cotto/Margarito Face-Off, but this one seemed to be more interesting than any one that these guys have ever been involved in. I mean shit, the tension in room could've been cut with a knife. Cotto seemed pretty heated with the hand wrap situation and gave his take on it. Margarito was he usual self-proclaimed ill-informed asshole that he pretends to be, so it was that much more interesting.

It seemed like when they both had a Face-Off with Pacquiao, they either showed too much respect or they were ready to get in there and get their checks. I dont know about yall, but Im ready for December 3rd! We will all be spending unnecessary money in the month of December, and this fight is the first thing on my list! No cheap asses allowed! Those are usually the ones who talk the loudest anyway! laugh.gif

Genius
Max came at the end.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 15 2011, 12:58 AM) *
Max came at the end.

+1

...totally blew his load laugh.gif
Box in Hand
Daaaammmmmmnnnnnn! This is the most hyped I've been for a rematch since Tarver Jones. I still got Margarito winning this though but it will be nice to have closure on his real punching power and how it effects Cotto.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 15 2011, 12:58 AM) *
Max came at the end.

Straight up Man-gasm.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 15 2011, 01:30 AM) *
Daaaammmmmmnnnnnn! This is the most hyped I've been for a rematch since Tarver Jones. I still got Margarito winning this though but it will be nice to have closure on his real punching power and how it effects Cotto.

Man! I felt the same way when I saw the preview Sat. night! Im ready! Still giving the edge to Margarito, but Cotto may play it smart this time. Who knows? Its all about who can take who's punch!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:38 AM) *
Man! I felt the same way when I saw the preview Sat. night! Im ready! Still giving the edge to Margarito, but Cotto may play it smart this time. Who knows? Its all about who can take who's punch!

Amen. Cotto needs to be much smarter and have much more gas in his tank because one thing we do know is Margarito will not stop coming unless you KO him. Ain't plaster in dude's chin, he is just a beast on that level and Cotto better be ready for that pressure.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 15 2011, 02:58 PM) *
Max came at the end.

+1

yea.....he let that one go....hahahahahaha

on a side note, since Cotto is my 3rd fav. fighter, I hope he shuts this clown and cheater up come the 3rd
leonthegee
This should be good. I work with a ton of mexicans and I expect to clean up on this fight. Just in time for my vacation.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 15 2011, 01:42 AM) *
Amen. Cotto needs to be much smarter and have much more gas in his tank because one thing we do know is Margarito will not stop coming unless you KO him. Ain't plaster in dude's chin, he is just a beast on that level and Cotto better be ready for that pressure.

If he can back Margarito up, then the fight is his. He better keep turning this big bitch and try to break his ribs, or he's gonna be screwed again and have nightmares about this dude forever.
wolterb
lol, that is a good reel!
"if you say you are always prepared you were prepared the last time as well. I beat you and I will do it again."

my favorite part is when cotto is accusing margarito of illegal wrapping -margarito puts his arms up all indignantly like the accusation is completely without base lol
streetlion1
This time around will be much different...Margacheato is even slower now than he was before and I think the Mosley KO and beating he got from Pacquiao did worse to him than what him and Pacquiao did to Cotto.

Cotto gives him a boxing lesson before stopping him in the late rounds.
sduck
I'm going to feel bad for Cotto if he loses. I can't call this one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 15 2011, 10:41 AM) *
"if you say you are always prepared you were prepared the last time as well. I beat you and I will do it again."

my favorite part is when cotto is accusing margarito of illegal wrapping -margarito puts his arms up all indignantly like the accusation is completely without base lol

Tell me about it! Made Cotto look bad when he said that, but hell, Cotto admitted that he gassed out midway through the fight. He actually did take his loss like a man and admitted his faults, so Im sure he'll be ready this time! Im still thinking that the fight will somewhat go the way t did the first time, but I see the tide changing more than once like it did in the first fight.

Cotto was banking those early rounds, but still getting hit with some stuff. By the 6th round he appeared to have slowed down and Margarito hurt him in the 7th...the beginning of a massacre from that point on. Whoever plays it smart and takes advantage of their "good moments" in the fight, will be the victor. The tides WILL change more than once, but Cotto doesn't need to find any interest in Margarito's "actual" power compared to the first fight.
BoxingEinstein

This is a fight I WILL be buying. So far I only bought 2 fights this year....Ortiz/May....Dawson.Hopkins (undercard was beast) Cotto must outbox him and not try to take him out early. Cotto's amature coach needs to use Brother Nazim Richardson's game plan when Mosley went up against Marg's but tweak it a bit so it can fit Cotto's style and so he won't be uncomfortable. Their fight fight was a classic despite the controversy. I hope Cotto finishes up Manny's job and end his career. I watched Manny vs Margarito only for that fact of knowing that who was going to get their clocks cleaned and boy was it cleaned.

DECEMBER THE 3RD NEEDS TO HURRY THE HELL UP!!! and oh I forgot....Bam Bam is on this under car....WAR RIOS
checkleft
Yea I don't like margarito as a fighter or a person. I think he can still beat cotto, but I hope cotto does some nasty stuff to him for real. I actually think marg started cheating when he fought Cintron.
Snoop
I found it interesting that Cotto said he wouldn't be willing to die in the ring, not in the sense that he should actually go there, but it kinda showed that Margarito is willing to go further for the W. Not a good first impression IMO.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 15 2011, 10:41 AM) *

On top of that, he acted as if he didn't see the tear in the wrappin' Cotto was speakin' of laugh.gif .
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:55 AM) *
Im not sure if anybody else saw the Cotto/Margarito Face-Off, but this one seemed to be more interesting than any one that these guys have ever been involved in. I mean shit, the tension in room could've been cut with a knife. Cotto seemed pretty heated with the hand wrap situation and gave his take on it. Margarito was he usual self-proclaimed ill-informed asshole that he pretends to be, so it was that much more interesting.

It seemed like when they both had a Face-Off with Pacquiao, they either showed too much respect or they were ready to get in there and get their checks. I dont know about yall, but Im ready for December 3rd! We will all be spending unnecessary money in the month of December, and this fight is the first thing on my list! No cheap asses allowed! Those are usually the ones who talk the loudest anyway! laugh.gif

I'm pumped for this fight also. Margarito looks guilty as hell when the handwraps are brought up. Cotto is not only a good fighter, but a class act. He just can't let his emotions get to heavy in this fight and be brought into a war with the bigger guy. Margarito has the better chin and and longer reach I believe so Cotto has to pick his spots. I don't see Cotto stopping Margarito, but that would be awesome. I see a close win for Cotto. Maybe even disputed to bring a trilogy fight next year. Go Cotto!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 17 2011, 12:36 AM) *
I found it interesting that Cotto said he wouldn't be willing to die in the ring, not in the sense that he should actually go there, but it kinda showed that Margarito is willing to go further for the W. Not a good first impression IMO.

He somewhat "went there" in th first fight. I could tell after the 7th round that he was ready for it be over. Then when he took a knee, I knew it was wrapping up. Im sure he didn't want to seem like a quitter..gladly his corner picked up on it and waved the white flag. Unless he has a great gameplan (busy and EFFECTIVE), I see this going the same way it did in the first fight.

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 17 2011, 12:50 AM) *
On top of that, he acted as if he didn't see the tear in the wrappin' Cotto was speakin' of laugh.gif .

Margarito will forever deny that plaster shit...I wouldn't expect any type of confession in the lifetime...maybe the next one either.
Genius
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 16 2011, 07:14 PM) *
Yea I don't like margarito as a fighter or a person. I think he can still beat cotto, but I hope cotto does some nasty stuff to him for real. I actually think marg started cheating when he fought Cintron.
could be, he loaded selectively. The Lujan, Clottey, and the Mosley fight he had no snap on his punches. In other fights he was able to stun Pwill, blowout Golden Johnson, Cintron twice and Cotto. The Johnson fight his punches had mad snap...
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 05:01 PM) *
This is a fight I WILL be buying. So far I only bought 2 fights this year....Ortiz/May....Dawson.Hopkins (undercard was beast) Cotto must outbox him and not try to take him out early. Cotto's amature coach needs to use Brother Nazim Richardson's game plan when Mosley went up against Marg's but tweak it a bit so it can fit Cotto's style and so he won't be uncomfortable. Their fight fight was a classic despite the controversy. I hope Cotto finishes up Manny's job and end his career. I watched Manny vs Margarito only for that fact of knowing that who was going to get their clocks cleaned and boy was it cleaned.

DECEMBER THE 3RD NEEDS TO HURRY THE HELL UP!!! and oh I forgot....Bam Bam is on this under car....WAR RIOS

Let's not forget about the Delvin Rodriguez and Pawel Wolak rematch! Wooo! That shit is gonna be nasty! They are at the point where both of them has the chance end the other's career...since Manny had his way with the both of them. I've ordered 6 PPVs this year, and I was sure to order this one...so here we go!

QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Nov 17 2011, 12:53 AM) *
I'm pumped for this fight also. Margarito looks guilty as hell when the handwraps are brought up. Cotto is not only a good fighter, but a class act. He just can't let his emotions get to heavy in this fight and be brought into a war with the bigger guy. Margarito has the better chin and and longer reach I believe so Cotto has to pick his spots. I don't see Cotto stopping Margarito, but that would be awesome. I see a close win for Cotto. Maybe even disputed to bring a trilogy fight next year. Go Cotto!!!

This post alone, has got me even more hyped about this fight! To be honest, I do think the size had a lot to do with it. Margarito was one of those "walk around at about 180 lbs" type of welterweights, and Cotto was just somewhat settling into the weight. Shit, Margarito was sucking those punches up and made Cotto's punches seem like a 140 lber was throwing them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.