Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather vs James Kirkland
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
TheFonz
It's only one weight class up for Floyd and I would pick him to win by decision, but boy would James make that shit interesting.

Thoughts?
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:03 AM) *
It's only one weight class up for Floyd and I would pick him to win by decision, but boy would James make that shit interesting.

Thoughts?

Now this is definitely a fight where Kirkland would run into some shit and not get time to regroup. Kirkland is only a sight to see when he's in there with sluggers. Anybody with technique gives him fits in this lifetime and the next one.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:06 AM) *
Now this is definitely a fight where Kirkland would run into some shit and not get time to regroup. Kirkland is only a sight to see when he's in there with sluggers. Anybody with technique gives him fits in this lifetime and the next one.

Man, you never give James the benefit of the doubt. Before the fight with Anculo all I heard was "James has no chin, he gets stopped in one, blah, blah, blah". Then he goes out there and handles Anculo like I've always said he would and now he can only fight sluggers.

James has underated boxing ability because he has only been seen with sluggers, but if you look at the middle rounds with Anculo you'll see that James was mixing boxing and slugging which is why he was getting the better of the exchanges.

James will not make it easy for Floyd and I don't think Floyd will be able to stop him. Floyd will be on his bike the whole night pot shotting James and James will be a threat untill the final bell.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:22 AM) *
Man, you never give James the benefit of the doubt. Before the fight with Anculo all I heard was "James has no chin, he gets stopped in one, blah, blah, blah". Then he goes out there and handles Anculo like I've always said he would and now he can only fight sluggers.

James has underated boxing ability because he has only been seen with sluggers, but if you look at the middle rounds with Anculo you'll see that James was mixing boxing and slugging which is why he was getting the better of the exchanges.

James will not make it easy for Floyd and I don't think Floyd will be able to stop him. Floyd will be on his bike the whole night pot shotting James and James will be a threat untill the final bell.

Nah you're putting too much mustard on it man. Kirkland used his boxing skills in the middle rounds because he saw how Angulo blew his load in the first round after he himself got dropped in the first 30 seconds. I dont see too much special about him, honestly. He trains hard, but he gets in there fights like a tired heavyweight. Angulo made it easy for him to do whatever he pleased.
TheFonz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:33 AM) *
Nah you're putting too much mustard on it man. Kirkland used his boxing skills in the middle rounds because he saw how Angulo blew his load in the first round after he himself got dropped in the first 30 seconds. I dont see too much special about him, honestly. He trains hard, but he gets in there fights like a tired heavyweight. Angulo made it easy for him to do whatever he pleased.

Yeah, because it had nothing to do with Kirkland chin and ability to recover and better techinique. rolleyes_anim.gif
leonthegee
Ive already seen Mayweather v Baldomir. I dont need to see part 2. Although I would order it. Its like bean sprouts. You hate em but you eat em cuz you know its good for you.
iKeNjiro
Yea....I'm confused your thread's title suggested that this is a done deal, but after
reading it seems like something you'd be interested in seeing. Idk though
Is this real? If so provide link

If this is just something your looking for feedback on
Then yea sounds good, but he mine as well fight Martinez ppl will say.
But James isn't a bad look IF everyone else is booked.
TheFonz
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 15 2011, 08:47 AM) *
Yea....I'm confused your thread's title suggested that this is a done deal, but after

The reason why I brought up Kirkland is because the Sergio haters say that Sergio should fight middle weights so I wanted to keep him out of the convo. On paper this is a winnable fight for Floyd but still provide a big element of danger, much more danger then the Baldomir fight, IMO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:44 AM) *
Yeah, because it had nothing to do with Kirkland chin and ability to recover and better techinique. rolleyes_anim.gif

Who gives a shit about a guy who doesn't give a shit about protecting his chin? Besides being fan boy, what the hell is your freakin' point?
PlayaPartner
I will watch Kirkland fight any one. I bet he will not get a fight now based on his last performance he is a threat to all 154LBS and below.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 15 2011, 09:45 AM) *
Ive already seen Mayweather v Baldomir. I dont need to see part 2. Although I would order it. Its like bean sprouts. You hate em but you eat em cuz you know its good for you.

Good point. HOwever, this would be a much more competitive fight, for no other reason, there would be real danger for Floyd (or at least, it would appear that way)

I'd buy it, I ain't gonna lie **DISCLAIMER** If the undercard sucks, I'll be at that same bar, listening to those same lame/eye-poison females scream at the top of their lungs about missed punches.
hitman
i would love to see 24/7 with james and ann wolfe and i'd like to see them make some good money. i don't think kirkland would have a chance in hell of winning though.
sduck
Just because Kirkland made a comeback and beat a fighter like Angulo, doesn't mean he will against Mayweather. Easy work.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 10:16 AM) *
I'll be at that same bar, listening to those same lame/eye-poison females scream at the top of their lungs about missed punches.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Im sure they'll be right there waiting for you! They need love too Noles! I already told you, if you would've gave one of those "beautifully challenged" women a good time, nobody would've held it against you!

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Just because Kirkland made a comeback and beat a fighter like Angulo, doesn't mean he will against Mayweather. Easy work.

Thank you! I dont wanna see Kirkland in there with anybody but tailor made opponents.
BoxingStill#1
The boy has punching power out the wazoo.....but that's it..

Granted, though that may be enough make it interesting, check hooks all night long for the defensless, question marked chinned Kirkland....

He lands on nothing but shoulders and air...

There is always the "but what if he does land?"..factor..

Overall Floyed doesn't get touched.. id pay for it
TheFonz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 09:33 AM) *
Who gives a shit about a guy who doesn't give a shit about protecting his chin? Besides being fan boy, what the hell is your freakin' point?

The point is this would be a good fight and you are by far the worst excuse the for Mod that this board has ever had. I mean shouldn't it be a requirement to being a mod a boxing site to actually know something about boxing? Clown.
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 11:24 AM) *
The point is this would be a good fight and you are by far the worst excuse the for Mod that this board has ever had. I mean shouldn't it be a requirement to being a mod a boxing site to actually know something about boxing? Clown.

Dont you have somewhere else to post? Didn't you jump ship with the rest of those clowns? Somewhere a village is looking for its idiot...run along little one, run along. Things are fine over here. Last time I checked with you, you were too cheap to order a PPV card anyway. Keep it movin' man, I dont trust you.
wolterb

says the guy who is hellbent on having a boxing forum agree with him that james "Hasn't Proven Shit" kirkland would bring a "good fight" against mayweather. i'm not saying anything against kirkland except that there is nothing on his resume, angulo included, that suggests his efforts would surpass those of welterweight opponents or more formidable jr middleweight opponents (alvarez, cotto, even lara)
Jack 1000
Maybe the only thing Kirkland has is power and that's it. But Kirkland would not pull a Mosley after hurting Floyd if by some chance he could hurt him. I mean, even Judah had Floyd down for a moment early. And we also saw that Angulo can come back after being decked against Angulo, so maybe he has recovered from Ishida.

The only thing is, I think James would need about three more fights to really get that confidence back and to show that fighting Floyd is more than a payday. Angulo's defense is almost as bad as Kirkland's and he can be stunned as well. Taking and giving punches from the Angulo's and Ishida's of the world, and taking shots from Floyd Mayweather Jr. are two different things.

Hearts could stop in the first round if James lands big on Floyd. But I would like him to develop some defense and boxing skills against someone who will be there for 10-12 rounds. Get someone out of there for two or three fights who is known to hit back and be durable, than maybe James has a bigger shot against Floyd than a one-round blitz.

There has to be a balance of some kind struck between James getting blown out in one round by a non-puncher in Ishida and bombing out a powerful but limited Angulo after getting dropped himself. Defense and stamina need to be built up. Who knows, maybe one day Floyd will get old and show some signs of slowing down, but I think Mayweather's got a couple of years to go before that happens.

Jack

PS. Hey, what about Kirkland-Marquez? Catch weight? Too big for Marquez? But remember how limited Kirkland is? Maybe that will balance things out.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:06 AM) *
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Im sure they'll be right there waiting for you! They need love too Noles! I already told you, if you would've gave one of those "beautifully challenged" women a good time, nobody would've held it against you!

LMAO!!! Not gonna happen, Cshelly! You had to see those sea hags!!! I mean, 'Bama's gets their money when it comes to "sea hags"!!!!! Strictly long pants...meaning, they take NO SHORTS!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 11:56 AM) *
LMAO!!! Not gonna happen, Cshelly! You had to see those sea hags!!! I mean, 'Bama's gets their money when it comes to "sea hags"!!!!! Strictly long pants...meaning, they take NO SHORTS!!!!

laugh.gif

C'mon Noles! One of them passed the "Im drunk enough to take her home" test!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:20 PM) *
laugh.gif

C'mon Noles! One of them passed the "Im drunk enough to take her home" test!

You got me crack'n up in class, dude!!!! I'm trying to tell you, I would've river danced on those Halle Scarys!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:13 AM) *
The boy has punching power out the wazoo.....but that's it..

Granted, though that may be enough make it interesting, check hooks all night long for the defensless, question marked chinned Kirkland....

He lands on nothing but shoulders and air...

There is always the "but what if he does land?"..factor..

Overall Floyed doesn't get touched.. id pay for it

Cant argue with this. Im not sure I'd pay for it though...highly depends on the undercards. The undercards made me purchase Hopkins/Dawson, and those fights did deliver (aside from the main event).

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:51 AM) *
The only thing is, I think James would need about three more fights to really get that confidence back and to show that fighting Floyd is more than a payday. Angulo's defense is almost as bad as Kirkland's and he can be stunned as well. Taking and giving punches from the Angulo's and Ishida's of the world, and taking shots from Floyd Mayweather Jr. are two different things.

PS. Hey, what about Kirkland-Marquez? Catch weight? Too big for Marquez? But remember how limited Kirkland is? Maybe that will balance things out.

Good points Jack. He would have a bit of trouble with Mayweather...I mean his shots are harder than Ishida's, but not quite as hard as Angulo's, but the only factor is the frequency at which these shots will land. I see Kirkland having a hard time, to be honest, and I dont see him being fast enough to land anything effective against Floyd. I feel kinda bad for Kirkland, because of who he lost to.

I mean really, what would he gain by blowing through Ishida in a rematch? He was supposed to win that fight, but his conditioning, carelessness, and state of mind coming into the fight...lead to his demise. I think a catchweight fight with JMM would be a bit of a stretch for Marquez, but who knows. Maybe with some "extra help", he could be successful at a 150 lb catchweight fight with James. Hell, anybody that can withstand 3 fights with Pacquiao, shouldn't have too much trouble with future opponents.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 12:27 PM) *
You got me crack'n up in class, dude!!!! I'm trying to tell you, I would've river danced on those Halle Scarys!!!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
sduck
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:40 AM) *
Dont you have somewhere else to post? Didn't you jump ship with the rest of those clowns? Somewhere a village is looking for its idiot...run along little one, run along. Things are fine over here. Last time I checked with you, you were too cheap to order a PPV card anyway. Keep it movin' man, I dont trust you.

Where did they run off too? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 05:44 PM) *
Where did they run off too? laugh.gif

Probably to West Bubbafuck or the crack of an elephant's ass. Who cares laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 15 2011, 08:47 AM) *

LMFAO!!!! @ Your Sig pic man...thats hilarious....LOL!!! #boxing
TheFonz
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:40 AM) *

Sigh.....Picture me taking orders from some a Corrections Officer who moonlights as a Sub-Par Mod on fighthype.com. LOL.

It's funny that you mention the other forum though, because as an experiment I made this same exact thread over there just to see the difference in discourse and needless to yay there where no mods catching feeling or stooges trying to win brownie points when they got called out on their bullshit.
sduck
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 18 2011, 06:54 AM) *
Sigh.....Picture me taking orders from some a Corrections Officer who moonlights as a Sub-Par Mod on fighthype.com. LOL.

It's funny that you mention the other forum though, because as an experiment I made this same exact thread over there just to see the difference in discourse and needless to day there where no mods catching feeling or stooges trying to win brownie points when they got called out on there bullshit.

What bullshit?

Recap...

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:03 AM) *

Thoughts?

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:06 AM) *

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:22 AM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:33 AM) *

QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 15 2011, 08:44 AM) *

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 09:33 AM) *

I won't say I agree with cshel's response, but you set it up pal.

You know, I'm not one bit upset that most of "those" posters on this forum left. All I've seen is crying from those folks because not "everything" sways in their favor and are just not willing to accept the changes to their "home." Cshel came at you, soft-spoken with a good argument to the "point" of this fight.
King Eugene
smh at this thread...
Cshel86
QUOTE (TheFonz @ Nov 18 2011, 06:54 AM) *

It's funny that you mention the other forum though, because as an experiment I made this same exact thread over there just to see the difference in discourse and needless to yay there where no mods catching feeling or stooges trying to win brownie points when they got called out on their bullshit.

Okay, gotcha. Let me do some experimenting. Give me a sec...
King Eugene
What was TheFonz banned for?
neophyte7
The ugly bitch training kirkland would give mayweather a tougher fight..
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 19 2011, 05:43 PM) *

Harsh words for the trainer. I am sure she has a name, geez. Ann Wolfe is her name.
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 19 2011, 04:43 PM) *

laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.