Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cheating in Boxing...Pacquiao vs Marquez 3
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I did not notice it..but i saw pics of Marquez stepping on Pacquiao's foot...several times...beginning from rd 6 up to 12 rounds....then i saw the slomo replay of the fight video... i think it was intentional... Is this kind of tricks acceptable in boxing?...
wolterb
its pretty common place in southpaw-orthodox fights that toes get stepped on...

marquez knows what to do with pacquiao - why would he consciously try and step on the foot. i know it seems like it'd be a good gameplan...but if yer trying to find your opponents foot and land on him you're just adding one more movement to execute on top of the punch.

i guess it is possible but really unlikely that marquez was trying to do that. he seemed perfectly capable of giving pacquiao shalackings in the previous two fights without the charge of intentionally stepping on feet being thrown at him.
Hops
I think Marquez used this dirty tactic for this fight. To throw Pacquiao off game. Sure, their styles are prone to foot stepping. Even Pacquiao stepped on Marquez's foot. But...

Marquez doing it 17 times?

Here's the link to the pictures.

http://wearenetworkengineers.blogspot.com/...tepping-on.html
CrazyBuffalO
I know what this bull is all about. Everyone supporting Manny (especially those in this country) is now making a noise out of this as a form of propaganda.

Marquez wasn’t intentionally stepping on Pacquiao. They’re opposite handed, so it happens (unintentionally) when they’re rotating.
Even IF Marquez did those on purpose, Manny SHOULD in theory still come out on top if he was indeed the better fighter. But Manny didn’t win that fight (as far as the viewers see it). I personally call it a draw, while others see it as a win for Marquez.

An excellent example would be the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight. Re-watch that fight and you’ll see that Clottey was like stepping on Manny’s foot several times, and yet Manny still won that fight, even though they (Manny’s camp) also complained about it later on.
The truth is, you can call these things intentional or not, but he who has the superior skill would still come out on top regardless of being stepped on or not.
sduck
Pacquiao was stepping on his feet too, do people need to bring out a count and compare? Just because it happened multiple times doesn't mean it was intentionally. Tim Bradley headbutts in just about every fight, but he doesn't do it intentionally, just something that happens part of his style. What makes Bradley dirty is the fact he knows hes headbutting but will change nothing of it, and even takes advantage of it.

Both fighters were trying hard to get a stance advantage, especially this time around. People are just trying to find another excuse for Pacquiao not looking so good.
CDeezFoo
now the pactards are upset that Manny's shoes got scuffed ... dam
Hops
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 05:11 PM) *
Pacquiao was stepping on his feet too, do people need to bring out a count and compare? Just because it happened multiple times doesn't mean it was intentionally.

I agree. Just that didn't happen in the first two fights. If it happened, then the Pactards would have brought it up. Seemed like Marquez employed this tactic for this very fight only.

The fighter's got to do what they gotta do to win. If its legal, why not.
Cshel86
Who cares dntknw.gif The results would've been the same, regardless. JMM knows that Pac is faster than him anyway, and he gave him fits in the first two fights without stepping on his foot. A real example of some intentional "foot-stepping" would be in the De Leon/Broner fight...thats only if some of these guys out here actually watch more than Pacquiao and Mayweather fights (wonder whats the ratio on that laugh.gif).

If your foot is on the inside long enough to get stepped on, then that sounds like a personal problem. Let's please not start making excuses for Pacquiao's boxing lesson last weekend. Dang, some of you guys cry about a Mayweather/Pacquiao fight not being made, but yet yall feed into Arum's bullshit ass reasons to make JMM/Pacquaio IV come to fruition. This is all I've been hearing...

1. JMM was supposed to dominate/knock out the champ...he didn't
2. JMM wasn't busy enough, so the judges scored in favor of the aggressor
3. JMM gave away those close rounds
4. Pacquiao's leg/ankle (whatever) was cramping up
5. JMM was stepping on poor little Pac's foot the whole time

Great job people clapping.gif Lets keep giving the old fart reasons to start a conspiracy and make the brainwash the public into believing that a 4th fight needs to happen for the justice of Pac, or the "shortcomings" of Marquez. THEN, Im sure there will be a bunch of pissing and moaning from the same folks who contributed to the fight being made. Those same folks will still talk shit about Arum and blame Mayweather for the fight not happening. Dont you just love the irony?
BoxingStill#1
Anytime you have a southpaw and conventional fighter in the ring for 12the rounds you will see it happen several times..

Both lead foots are in proximity at all times..

Now to answer if it was intentional? No way,..

The old stepping on the foot trick is an attempt to keep an opponent from moving away from you as you are stepping foward to land a jab usually

I doubt he wanted to keep Pacman close to him while he was backing up..
Cshel86
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 15 2011, 11:10 AM) *
I personally call it a draw, while others see it as a win for Marquez.

Damn! For somebody that hates Pacquiao's "oh so mediocre" existence, you're sure generous enough to give him 6 rounds in a fight that clearly only won 4 rounds...the irony. I gave him 5 for generousity. Another shining example of why I ignore your posts half of the time. Actaully, I always seem to respond to them for some odd reason laugh.gif Again, irony laugh.gif Keep it up buffalo...

QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 15 2011, 11:15 AM) *

laugh.gif Expect it man no2.gif ...just expect it. It was sure to come sooner or later.
wolterb
If marquez had gotten the decision I would understand all of this effort by pac fans to frame marquez as a cheater. I still would not buy into it for a second, but at least I would understand.

but they gave the decision to pacquiao! how can you be butt-hurt when you didn't get fucked?
Hops
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 15 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Anytime you have a southpaw and conventional fighter in the ring for 12the rounds you will see it happen several times..

Anytime as in their first two fights where not lots of stepping on foot happened?

Accept it. There are lots of dirty but legal tactics in boxing. This thread is just for informational purpose only. No cheating done by Marquez. In fact every boxer should learn how to throw his opponent off game.

Pacquiao "lost" not because of this tactic.
K18
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 15 2011, 09:02 AM) *
I think Marquez used this dirty tactic for this fight. To throw Pacquiao off game. Sure, their styles are prone to foot stepping. Even Pacquiao stepped on Marquez's foot. But...

Lmao these guys are battling for foot position, hell they even talked about how important it was in hbo faceoff.....to think it wasn't going to happen is comical, also if you think JMM was busy looking at Pac's feet trying to step on them, please stop watching boxing

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 15 2011, 11:02 AM) *

This is boxing's version of "wagging the dog". Lemme ask you this: if this was an intentional tactic, why, prey tell, did this fight basically mirror the previous 2?

There are three reasons/explanation of Pac's recent performance: 1. Juan. 2. Manuel. 3. Marquez
KookedKrack
fucking idiots.
Cheesey1

Ha! Nice one.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 12:02 PM) *
There are three reasons/explanation of Pac's recent performance: 1. Juan. 2. Manuel. 3. Marquez

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

1. Straight 2. Right 3. Hand
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:57 PM) *

1. Straight 2. Right 3. Hand

So Zatoichi which do you pose as a greater robbery Pac and Marquez I,2,3&4 or Floyd Castillo 1?
You know what mine is....
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 15 2011, 01:00 PM) *
So Zatoichi which do you pose as a greater robbery Pac and Marquez I,2,3&4 or Floyd Castillo 1?
You know what mine is....

The greatest robbery will be JMM/Pacquiao IV. Arum will "rob" the fans of a megafight, just to keep his pockets looking good. Its hard to blame him for wanting to keep his pockets fat, but its not all that fair to the fans either.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Stop it! It's not cheating at all. It's not intentional when a southpaw and a conventional fighter clash heads. It's not intentional when feet get stepped on. As far as the drink in the corner, Keith Kizer said it was pedialyte. He said that in Nevada, you are able to use drinks other than water as long as it was inspected and cleared. Please stop talking about cheating. There was no cheating involved.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 06:08 PM) *
The greatest robbery will be JMM/Pacquiao IV. Arum will "rob" the fans of a megafight, just to keep his pockets looking good. Its hard to blame him for wanting to keep his pockets fat, but its not all that fair to the fans either.

i dont get it, hasn't the prick made enough money i mean christ he should be a millionaire 100 times over by now
Box in Hand
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Nov 15 2011, 10:39 AM) *
I did not notice it..but i saw pics of Marquez stepping on Pacquiao's foot...several times...beginning from rd 6 up to 12 rounds....then i saw the slomo replay of the fight video... i think it was intentional... Is this kind of tricks acceptable in boxing?...

How can you sit and waste time and space with this garbage thread. Orthodox and Southpaw fighter will always have issues with feet and headbutts. Bottom line is Manny got his ass beat and there ain't no other way to look at it. Manny didn't complain about the feet, Freddy didn't complain about the feet, and even Ariza's ugly ass didn't complain so let's just accept that Marquez has Manny's number just like Freddy Roach says.
RyanTical
I don't know if any of you watch videos pretaining to said fight but if you watch "The Islander" on his youtube.com/boxinginfo channel-- he lays out good points, round-by-round. However, you want a more rogue point-of-view, I would suggest visiting www.youtube.com/bloodboxing -- he pretty much verbally rapes Manny Pacquiao and any possibility of a fourth fight between the two.
bnoles4life

"This muthaf*cka stepp'd on my Jordans!!!"
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 15 2011, 01:51 PM) *
i dont get it, hasn't the prick made enough money i mean christ he should be a millionaire 100 times over by now

Shiiiit, its hard to tell yourself that you've made enough money...thats some hard some to tell yourself laugh.gif Enough is never enough!

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 05:12 PM) *
"This muthaf*cka stepp'd on my Jordans!!!"

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Shiiiit, its hard to tell yourself that you've made enough money...thats some hard some to tell yourself laugh.gif Enough is never enough!

True..but not nearly as hard as to listen to a mutha&^%##! tell you "you've made enough money." #GTFOHWTBS
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 08:35 PM) *
True..but not nearly as hard as to listen to a mutha&^%##! tell you "you've made enough money." #GTFOHWTBS

Usually those are the ones who dont have as much money as you anyway laugh.gif Arum is gonna be around a lot longer, especially since most people cant stand him anyway. You know how that goes...the people you dont like, never seem to go away.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Usually those are the ones who dont have as much money as you anyway laugh.gif Arum is gonna be around a lot longer, especially since most people cant stand him anyway. You know how that goes...the people you dont like, never seem to go away.

Yep...like someone told me, "short on cash, always long on shit".

If not being liked is the criteria for longevity, Arum is gonna be Mr. Jingles in the mutha^&*%!!!! nea.gif
Cshel86
Believe it or not, as much of an asshole as Arum is, he listens to us! Let's see how he will use the "JMM stepping on Pac's foot" as another reason to make the 4th fight happen laugh.gif He's also going to bring up how Pac's legs/feet were cramping, but yet, his footwork was soooo excellent during the fight (according to the pom-pom wavers).
anthonyaccurate
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 15 2011, 11:02 AM) *

so it happened 1.5 times a round. Yeah, thats clearly a strategy to win... ya'll can't be this stupid.
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (K18 @ Nov 16 2011, 01:55 AM) *
Lmao these guys are battling for foot position, hell they even talked about how important it was in hbo faceoff.....to think it wasn't going to happen is comical, also if you think JMM was busy looking at Pac's feet trying to step on them, please stop watching boxing

ahhh what a way to quite a BS excuse
this video raped...back to the drawing board for the pacquiao fans
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 02:15 AM) *
ahhh what a way to quite a BS excuse
this video raped...back to the drawing board for the pacquiao fans

I know, right? The foot-stopper excuse gives ol' Roger's favorite, "You don't know shit about boxin'"
phrase a whole lot of validity.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.