Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New P4P Pound List:Dan Rafael
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
The number one Pound for Pound Welterweight according to Danny is none other than Floyd Mayweather Jr. The only thing May had to do was to wait for Pac to look bad in a fight for people to realize that Floyd is a better fighter than Pac? The sad part is, May won in a contraversial decision and still got the number 1 nod! wow. Any thoughts?
mgrover
i kinda stopped caring about the list since it doesnt make sense anymore
RyanTical
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 15 2011, 12:29 PM) *
The number one Pound for Pound Welterweight according to Danny is none other than Floyd Mayweather Jr. The only thing May had to do was to wait for Pac to look bad in a fight for people to realize that Floyd is a better fighter than Pac? The sad part is, May won in a contraversial decision and still got the number 1 nod! wow. Any thoughts?

How about you actually show us the list instead of summarizing it?
Cshel86
This may actually be the only time I care about what Rafael has to say thumbsup_anim.gif

Well on second thought...naaaah... nea.gif he's still a turd in my book

laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 15 2011, 04:53 PM) *

espn.com/boxing you can even read his comments...

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 05:02 PM) *
This may actually be the only time I care about what Rafael has to say thumbsup_anim.gif

laugh.gif

But you like Skip Bayless? LOL. I can tell you like crazy women...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 04:02 PM) *

laugh.gif

C'mon, Shely.....you know "Six Chins" is at the center of the boxing universe.
sduck
Hmm. I like Dan's list.
BoxingEinstein

It should be

p4p
1.Floyd
2.Marquez
3.Hopkins
4.Martinez
5.Pacquiao

but the P4P list means shit nowadays....too many outlets fucked up the meaning of it and now it doesn't hold as much weight as it use to.
EAlbian
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 15 2011, 03:53 PM) *

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/71511...boxers-nos-1-31.

MANNY PACQUIAO
Welterweight titlist
Record: 53-3-2, 38 KOs

Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao

Hits: At long last, we're on the verge of the third showdown between Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, whose first two fights were among the best of the past 10 years and ended with more than enough controversy to warrant a third helping. If the Nov. 12 HBO PPV fight is half as good as the first two, it will be pay-per-view money well spent.

Misses: The first Pacquiao-Marquez fight for the featherweight championship, a draw, took place in 2004. The 2008 rematch, for the junior lightweight title, was won by Pacquiao on a split decision. And yet it took three more years for them to finally get together again for a fight at welterweight. It has taken too long and it will be fought in a weight class that is probably too heavy for Marquez to be at his most effective.

2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.
Welterweight titlist
Record: 42-0, 26 KOs

Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather

Hits: Mayweather triumphantly returned to the ring Sept. 17 for his first fight in 16 months, dominating and knocking out Victor Ortiz (albeit in controversial fashion) in the fourth round to claim yet another belt. Despite the long layoff, Mayweather didn't miss a beat. Still fast, still sharp, still skilled, still flashy, still everything.

Misses: It's anyone's guess when we'll see Mayweather back in the ring. He has all kinds of legal problems that could delay his return, not to mention a ton of money to burn through from the Ortiz fight. So he very well might take another lengthy "vacation," as he did after beating Shane Mosley in May 2010.

3. SERGIO MARTINEZ
Middleweight champion
Record: 48-2-2, 27 KOs

Sergio Martinez

Martinez

Hits: Although Martinez, the 2010 fighter of the year, wasn't at his best when he faced Darren Barker on Oct. 1, he overcame nagging injuries that hampered him during training camp, got going in the middle rounds and then scored a highlight-reel knockout in the 11th round. One sign of a true champion is the ability to get the job done -- and in spectacular fashion, no less -- even when he doesn't have his best stuff. That is exactly what "Maravilla" did.

Misses: Barker was a massive underdog, so the fact that Martinez struggled a bit was disappointing. And now the difficulty of finding his next opponent starts all over again. It's never easy with Martinez because he doesn't fight in a weight division loaded with top fighters or stars and he refuses to move up to super middleweight.

This is all I see

#AllemenjoiFailsAgain
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 15 2011, 04:25 PM) *
But you like Skip Bayless? LOL. I can tell you like crazy women...

Yeah, because Skip just doesn't give a shit. He can be as wrong as all get-out, but he will debate about it 'til the bitter end laugh.gif You gotta throw a villian in your top 5, or it wil be full of niceguys...no fun in that. A lot of people like Larry Merchant, me personally, Im not a big fan of his, but at the same time, I cant be all that mad at people that like him...he can be a character sometimes! I dont like crazy women, but I've discovered that most of yall are one crazy text or one more "pop up at Cshel's house threatening bodily harm" episode away from the freakin' insane asylum.

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 15 2011, 04:59 PM) *
C'mon, Shely.....you know "Six Chins" is at the center of the boxing universe.

Hahahaha!!! Nah, he not really! His famous voice of boredom mixed with him trying to catch his breath, adds insult to injury to his already established lack of intellect and Arum's hand up his ass laugh.gif

QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 15 2011, 05:51 PM) *
Hmm. I like Dan's list.

If I wasn't crazy, I would think that Pacquiao is your #1 fighter of choice, just based on who's #1 on Rafael's list. To be honest....nothing wrong with that at all, if thats the case. Nothing wrong with balance over here! It creeps me out when EVERYBODY's a fan of just one fighter. Its worse when they are a fan of that one fighter, and dont watch ANY other boxing, if it doesn't involve that fighter. Good post
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 07:07 PM) *
Yeah, because Skip just doesn't give a shit.
[/b]
[/size]

Hahahaha!!! Nah, he not really! His famous voice of boredom mixed with him trying to catch his breath, adds insult to injury to his already established lack of intellect and Arum's hand up his ass laugh.gif

Ha Ha...I guess Skip "The Fruit" Bayless and The Honey Badger have something in common: They don't give a shit!!!

Maaaaan, when I hear Six Chins' voice, I immediately think of the Chapelle Show's Reparations skit. The part where they go to the Today Show and he's Al Roker.....sounds JUST LIKE Dan.....you gotta go youtube that bullshit. LMAO!!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 15 2011, 03:29 PM) *

While part of me wants to agree with Cshel and ignore Rafael as I have been recently, I have to admit that this move by him earns him points in my book. While I do fear that he'll revert to his old self at some point, that's okay, because at least for a moment in time, Dan Rafael was not a douchebag.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:58 PM) *
While part of me wants to agree with Cshel and ignore Rafael as I have been recently, I have to admit that this move by him earns him points in my book. While I do fear that he'll revert to his old self at some point, that's okay, because at least for a moment in time, Dan Rafael was not a douchebag.

I agree, I was a bit shocked to see Dan "Six Chins", "Top Rank extended", "Bob Arum, Jr" Rafael make such a bold move (irony: calling a sensible and to a point, obvious move "bold"). Then again, I've long since paid attention to his OR Ring Mag's P4P list.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 15 2011, 07:55 PM) *

MANNY PACQUIAO
Welterweight titlist

Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao

Hits: At long last, we're on the verge of the third showdown between Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, whose first two fights were among the best of the past 10 years and ended with more than enough controversy to warrant a third helping. If the Nov. 12 HBO PPV fight is half as good as the first two, it will be pay-per-view money well spent.

Misses: The first Pacquiao-Marquez fight for the featherweight championship, a draw, took place in 2004. The 2008 rematch, for the junior lightweight title, was won by Pacquiao on a split decision. And yet it took three more years for them to finally get together again for a fight at welterweight. It has taken too long and it will be fought in a weight class that is probably too heavy for Marquez to be at his most effective.

2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.
Welterweight titlist

Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather

Hits: Mayweather triumphantly returned to the ring Sept. 17 for his first fight in 16 months, dominating and knocking out Victor Ortiz (albeit in controversial fashion) in the fourth round to claim yet another belt. Despite the long layoff, Mayweather didn't miss a beat. Still fast, still sharp, still skilled, still flashy, still everything.

Misses: It's anyone's guess when we'll see Mayweather back in the ring. He has all kinds of legal problems that could delay his return, not to mention a ton of money to burn through from the Ortiz fight. So he very well might take another lengthy "vacation," as he did after beating Shane Mosley in May 2010.

3. SERGIO MARTINEZ
Middleweight champion

Sergio Martinez

Martinez

Hits: Although Martinez, the 2010 fighter of the year, wasn't at his best when he faced Darren Barker on Oct. 1, he overcame nagging injuries that hampered him during training camp, got going in the middle rounds and then scored a highlight-reel knockout in the 11th round. One sign of a true champion is the ability to get the job done -- and in spectacular fashion, no less -- even when he doesn't have his best stuff. That is exactly what "Maravilla" did.

Misses: Barker was a massive underdog, so the fact that Martinez struggled a bit was disappointing. And now the difficulty of finding his next opponent starts all over again. It's never easy with Martinez because he doesn't fight in a weight division loaded with top fighters or stars and he refuses to move up to super middleweight.

This is all I see

#AllemenjoiFailsAgain

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/72416...-boxers-nos-1-3 just click on that link. Read and realize that you are truly a dumbass or your search engine is terrible either way you are a dumbass

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:07 PM) *
Yeah, because Skip just doesn't give a shit. He can be as wrong as all get-out, but he will debate about it 'til the bitter end laugh.gif You gotta throw a villian in your top 5, or it wil be full of niceguys...no fun in that. A lot of people like Larry Merchant, me personally, Im not a big fan of his, but at the same time, I cant be all that mad at people that like him...he can be a character sometimes! I dont like crazy women, but I've discovered that most of yall are one crazy text or one more "pop up at Cshel's house threatening bodily harm" episode away from the freakin' insane asylum.

If I wasn't crazy, I would think that Pacquiao is your #1 fighter of choice, just based on who's #1 on Rafael's list. To be honest....nothing wrong with that at all, if thats the case. Nothing wrong with balance over here! It creeps me out when EVERYBODY's a fan of just one fighter. Its worse when they are a fan of that one fighter, and dont watch ANY other boxing, if it doesn't involve that fighter. Good post

They pop up at your house? And send crazy text? That is funny. The popping at your house is probably in relation that you did not respond to the crazy text. Hahaha! Cshels maybe you should start telling them the truth. Back to boxing.... Skip an asshole and Dan is a bandwagon jumper
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:26 PM) *
http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/72416...-boxers-nos-1-3 just click on that link. Read and realize that you are truly a dumbass or your search engine is terrible either way you are a dumbass

They pop up at your house? And send crazy text? That is funny. The popping at your house is probably in relation that you did not respond to the crazy text. Hahaha! Cshels maybe you should start telling them the truth. Back to boxing.... Skip an asshole and Dan is a bandwagon jumper

The bold part should be in a truth.com commercial, or at least on 1 of it's ads.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (EAlbian @ Nov 15 2011, 07:55 PM) *

MANNY PACQUIAO
Welterweight titlist

Manny Pacquiao

Pacquiao

2. FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.
Welterweight titlist

Floyd Mayweather

Mayweather

3. SERGIO MARTINEZ
Middleweight champion

Sergio Martinez

Martinez

This is all I see

#AllemenjoiFailsAgain

If you read the fine print, it said as Oct 25th. Meaning, that aforementioned information is outdated. If you go to the WW division, you'll see Floyd is above Manny, therefore, by default, he's ahead of him in the P4P list.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Ha! Good one! Tell them the truth!? Sssstop! Im done with that phase. "Telling the truth" died peacefully in its sleep years ago (generaly speaking) laugh.gif At this point, Im trying to decide if Im going to either lie to a woman or be brutally honest with her taunt.gif I think yall enjoy the lies better anyway laugh.gif Dont the lies and mystery keep yall on your toes? laugh.gif

Oh yeah, for the last time...yall leave Skip alone! He's my delusionally-driven knowledge base for sports news! If he's fine with it, then I cant complain!
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 03:24 PM) *
Ha! Good one! Tell them the truth!? Sssstop! Im done with that phase. "Telling the truth" died peacefully in its sleep years ago (generaly speaking) laugh.gif At this point, Im trying to decide if Im going to either lie to a woman or be brutally honest with her taunt.gif I think yall enjoy the lies better anyway laugh.gif Dont the lies and mystery keep yall on your toes? laugh.gif

Oh yeah, for the last time...yall leave Skip alone! He's my delusionally-driven knowledge base for sports news! If he's fine with it, then I cant complain!

LMAO @ what you said on what to say to women...I agree honestly...You want the truth but can't handle it but if you tell a lie it's fuck you...lol...I've been done for years to trying understanding womans logic...I just be honest and leave it be...and only tell a lie if i have to because ya'll would do the same...FUCK TRUTH lol
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 04:24 PM) *

CShels really? Let me just break it down: Women generally know when yawl lie to us, it is so evident. So please do not think you are being slick. As far as yawl telling the truth actions speak louder than words. You say one thing and do the complete opposite. Lies only confuse things, the only mystery that is ever involved is, if you are good in the sheets. That is the greatest risk we take, if you are great, we generally deal with a certain amount of bs and if you are average catch her on a good day and she will play along and if you are just plain whack be prepared to be dragged through the mud. Like Lil Kim called them "One Stroke Creep"

Skip Bayless is whack. Not only is he whack but his plastic surgeon did an awful job. Why can't he smile normal? And this guy thinks that Tim Tebow and Tony Romo are premier QBs! And that Oregon was going to get slaughtered by Stanford. Oh and he went for the Pacman had leg cramps BS! But that is your guy? Like I said you love crazy clinically insane women. You like punishment.

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 06:28 PM) *
LMAO @ what you said on what to say to women...I agree honestly...You want the truth but can't handle it but if you tell a lie it's fuck you...lol...I've been done for years to trying understanding womans logic...I just be honest and leave it be...and only tell a lie if i have to because ya'll would do the same...FUCK TRUTH lol

Please do not listen to him. Truth is in the putting. Lies are nothing more than secret desires that can't be played out. The great thing about the truth is, you can never manipulate it. A lie, you can twist it as the time goes. What messes yawl up is that yawl start believing your own BS.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 04:02 PM) *
If you read the fine print, it said as Oct 25th. Meaning, that aforementioned information is outdated. If you go to the WW division, you'll see Floyd is above Manny, therefore, by default, he's ahead of him in the P4P list.

Key word, READ. Something that guy clearly does not do. Did Bham get any tornado weather, cause we did in Central Bama
jaz
Here's is the CORRECT list:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/72416...-boxers-nos-1-3

Note: Results are through Nov. 15.

1. FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR.
Welterweight titlist

Mayweather

Hits: Even after 16 months out of the ring following his near shutout of Shane Mosley in May 2010, Mayweather returned to action on Sept. 17 and showed not the slightest bit of rust. Still fast and possessing great defense and underrated power, Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz (albeit in controversial fashion) in the fourth round to reclaim one of the titles he had previously given up. Now, instead of disappearing on another long layoff, Mayweather has announced plans to return on May 5, ideally against Manny Pacquiao -- if Pacquiao's people will come to the bargaining table.

Misses: It's great that Mayweather seems to be showing real interest in finally facing Pacquiao, but since Pacquiao just fought, how about giving him a little bit of time to unwind before insisting on a negotiation right now? Where was that kind of urgency at any point in the past few years?

2. MANNY PACQUIAO
Welterweight titlist
Record: 54-3-2, 38 KOs

Pacquiao

Hits: Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez, who had already produced two memorable battles in featherweight and junior lightweight title bouts, met for the third time Nov. 12 and gave fight fans a worthy trilogy with another outstanding and highly competitive fight. With Pacquiao's victory, the path is wide open for him to at long last meet Mayweather in the fight the world wants to see.

Misses: Pacquiao, who was a massive favorite to beat Marquez because they were fighting at welterweight, looked as vulnerable as he has in a long time. Although he eked out a majority decision, few would have quarreled had Marquez gotten the win or had the fight been ruled a draw. Pacquiao looked confused at times and lacked snap on his punches in a less-than-stellar outing. It just wasn't the kind of performance we have come to expect from Pacquiao, especially in light of the fact that Marquez had been wiped out by Mayweather in 2009 in his only other welterweight fight. Although a fourth fight with Marquez is certainly warranted at some point, it absolutely should not be next, which is what Top Rank's Bob Arum, Pacquiao's promoter, is talking about pursuing. Mayweather should be next, and it's going to have to be up to Pacquiao to stand up to Arum and tell him to make a deal. Period.

3. SERGIO MARTINEZ
Middleweight champion

Martinez

Hits: If there is a silver lining to the apparent implosion of Pacquiao-Mayweather negotiations before they have even begun, it is that Martinez, the 2010 fighter of the year, might be an attractive opponent for Mayweather, who plans to fight May 5. Martinez has said repeatedly he would drop down in weight for the opportunity to face Mayweather or Pacquiao. If Pacquiao is going to fight Marquez for a fourth time, Mayweather could make a big statement by taking on Martinez near 150 pounds.

Misses: When Martinez defended the middleweight championship against massive underdog Darren Barker on Oct. 1, he had a significant struggle before stopping him in the 11th round. It was far from Martinez's best night.
Cshel86
'Preciate the update!
MaxPayne
Dan Rafael is a fat fuck who needs to have the shit slapped out of him. This motherfucker, like the rest of ESPN, doesn't know shit about the sport he's covering. Fighters get asked all the time, RIGHT AFTER their fights as to who they want next. You know why ? Because chances are they've already thought about what's down the road for them. Can't even put Mayweather in his rightful place without some kind of backhanded comment.
Cshel86
QUOTE (jaz @ Nov 16 2011, 06:42 PM) *
Misses: It's great that Mayweather seems to be showing real interest in finally facing Pacquiao, but since Pacquiao just fought, how about giving him a little bit of time to unwind before insisting on a negotiation right now? Where was that kind of urgency at any point in the past few years?

laugh.gif

I agree Max!

I find it odd how the media pisses and moans about Floyd not being active and taking long layoffs, but as soon as he attempts to make the biggest fight in history, they cry about him rushing Pacquiao. Who gives a flying flock of rat shit about Pacquaio unwinding? Seriously Dan? You think Arum cares about Pacquiao winding down? He doesn't.

I find it funny how Arum scheduled the 3rd Marquez fight just days before Manny even stepped in the ring with Mosley. We quickly found out who he Arum inked as Pac's next opponent not too long after the Margarito fight, which happened to be Mosley. Again, FMJ is being ridiculed for trying to make the fight happen so quickly,, but yet, Arum has Pac's schedule lined up already...with no "winding down time". Go figure rolleyes_anim.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:00 AM) *
laugh.gif

I agree Max!

I find it odd how the media pisses and moans about Floyd not being active and taking long layoffs, but as soon as he attempts to make the biggest fight in history, they cry about him rushing Pacquiao. Who gives a flying flock of rat shit about Pacquaio unwinding? Seriously Dan? You think Arum cares about Pacquiao winding down? He doesn't.

I find it funny how Arum scheduled the 3rd Marquez fight just days before Manny even stepped in the ring with Mosley. We quickly found out who he Arum inked as Pac's next opponent not too long after the Margarito fight, which happened to be Mosley. Again, FMJ is being ridiculed for trying to make the fight happen so quickly,, but yet, Arum has Pac's schedule lined up already...with no "winding down time". Go figure rolleyes_anim.gif

With that bein' said, a lot people still act like they don't understand what Floyd means when he says, "I'm always in a no-win situation. I'll never get my just due." That shit applies to him in and out of the ring. It's sad!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:25 AM) *
With that bein' said, a lot people still act like they don't understand what Floyd means when he says, "I'm always in a no-win situation. I'll never get my just due." That shit applies to him in and out of the ring. It's sad!

Yep! Spot on! The only fight that Floyd will lose against Manny, is outside of the ring. Like you said, he constantly reiterates how he's in a no-win situation and the media confirms it. He will always be held responsible for the fight not happening, whether its true or not.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 11:00 AM) *
laugh.gif

I agree Max!

I find it interesting that Arum said Floyd making the fight was a "sick joke" and that May is afraid "of Manny's right hand" so when Ellerbe checked mated Arum and Pac's poor showing against JMM now May wants to fight Manny because he looks like he slowed down. How was May suppose to know what Manny was going to do? I swear these boxing experts are stupid. Even Bert Sugar said that May is afraid of Pac. Bert Freakin Sugar! I wonder if they are feeling stupid?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.