Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JCC Jr. vs Manfredo Jr.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I was the least bit excited when this fight was announced, but I love the sport, and it will be another weekend of boxing...as far as Im concerned. Not a big Chavez Jr. fan by any measure, but if Khan can grow on me, then I guess Chavez has a chance somewhere along the line. Im pretty sure it will get a lot of views due to the JMM/Pac replay.

At this point, its clear that Chavez wont be facing any somewhat "challenging" opposition due to Arum, but what can we do about it? Manfredo on the other hand has this last shot to make statement before he is truly inducted into TLOWO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (The Land of Wasted Opportunities...thanks Bnoles)

Chavez does great body work and has a decent jab, when he uses it. Im still wondering how he makes weight without killing himself...since he rehydrates to about 180 lbs dntknw.gif This is one of the factors that make me wonder how effective Martinez will be (if they fight), since Chavez is a damn cruiserweight on fight night and Sergio only rehydrates to nearly super middleweight status. Anyway, Im wondering what this fight will do for Chavez besides give him another 'W' and a useless tally added on his defense of Sergio's middleweight title laugh.gif

*Dont forget that I hate Chavez Jr laugh.gif....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 15 2011, 11:44 PM) *
I was the least bit excited when this fight was announced, but I love the sport, and it will be another weekend of boxing...as far as Im concerned. Not a big Chavez Jr. fan by any measure, but if Khan can grow on me, then I guess Chavez has a chance somewhere along the line. Im pretty sure it will get a lot of views due to the JMM/Pac replay.

At this point, its clear that Chavez wont be facing any somewhat "challenging" opposition due to Arum, but what can we do about it? Manfredo on the other hand has this last shot to make statement before he is truly inducted into TLOWO laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif (The Land of Wasted Opportunities...thanks Bnoles)

Chavez does great body work and has a decent jab, when he uses it. Im still wondering how he makes weight without killing himself...since he rehydrates to about 180 lbs dntknw.gif This is one of the factors that make me wonder how effective Martinez will be (if they fight), since Chavez is a damn cruiserweight on fight night and Sergio only rehydrates to nearly super middleweight status. Anyway, Im wondering what this fight will do for Chavez besides give him another 'W' and a useless tally added on his defense of Sergio's middleweight title laugh.gif

*Dont forget that I hate Chavez Jr laugh.gif....

Didn't Chavez Jr. weigh something ridiculous like 10lbs more than Zbik on the night that he fought him? I think that Khan's a better boxer than Chavez Jr. which explains why you've accepted Amir Khan. Zbik's no punk, but if I knew how to attack the body and there was that sort of difference in weight, then I think that my internet boxing self would've put Zbik away (ha!). Seriously though, I'm not impressed by Chavez Jr.
BlueMercury
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Nov 16 2011, 04:43 AM) *
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not gonna front, I'll watch it...as long as it's free!!!! Plus, I'll get to watch the Pac/Marquez fight w/o the following:

1. The HBO cheerleaders (turning the sound down)
2. The local sea hags who, w/o pause, are present at the bar I frequent
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 06:43 AM) *
Not gonna front, I'll watch it...as long as it's free!!!! Plus, I'll get to watch the Pac/Marquez fight w/o the following:

Sea hags...what I like most about the sea.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 12:37 AM) *
Didn't Chavez Jr. weigh something ridiculous like 10lbs more than Zbik on the night that he fought him? I think that Khan's a better boxer than Chavez Jr. which explains why you've accepted Amir Khan. Zbik's no punk, but if I knew how to attack the body and there was that sort of difference in weight, then I think that my internet boxing self would've put Zbik away (ha!). Seriously though, I'm not impressed by Chavez Jr.

Chavez is a big, lazy, spoiled brat, with no idea of what he's getting himself into (well Im sure he has some idea). Like I said, I like his body work (not better than Sr.'s), but he's a lazy type of fighter, and seems to have this sense of entitlement when it comes to the sport.

Zbik was no pushover, but his lack of power and the weight disdavtage played a big role in his demise that night. He was actually tagging Chavez, but his power was nothing to be respected and Chavez was able to absorb those shots dude to the weight difference.

QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Nov 16 2011, 03:43 AM) *
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DAAAMN! So BlueMercury actually does talk? I was about to start calling you the Pink Panther for a minute man! laugh.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 06:43 AM) *

Those sea hags will be there in spirit my brotha...they made a secret bond with you Saturday night!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:37 PM) *
Chavez is a big, lazy, spoiled brat, with no idea of what he's getting himself into (well Im sure he has some idea). Like I said, I like his body work (not better than Sr.'s), but he's a lazy type of fighter, and seems to have this sense of entitlement when it comes to the sport.

Zbik was no pushover, but his lack of power and the weight disdavtage played a big role in his demise that night. He was actually tagging Chavez, but his power was nothing to be respected and Chavez was able to absorb those shots dude to the weight difference.

DAAAMN! So BlueMercury actually does talk? I was about to start calling you the Pink Panther for a minute man! laugh.gif

Those sea hags will be there in spirit my brotha...they made a secret bond with you Saturday night!

Re. Chavez Jr., agreed, but Manfredo is another safe fight for him.
checkleft
The only reason I'm excited for this fight is because Martinez said he was gonna be there. He said if chavez wins he's gonna get in the ring and call him out, if he says yes its all good, if he says no he will simply ask him to hand over the title.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Sea hags...what I like most about the sea.

EAZY, GREAZEY CHEEZEY!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! Naaaah, my man. You needed to see these "casualties of horror".
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 03:37 PM) *

Shely!!!! F*ck'n 'round w/ you, talk'n about those hags, I had a dream about those broads!!! BLEEEEECCCCHHHH!!!!!!

Cshel86
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 02:47 PM) *
Re. Chavez Jr., agreed, but Manfredo is another safe fight for him.

+1

QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 16 2011, 03:24 PM) *
The only reason I'm excited for this fight is because Martinez said he was gonna be there. He said if chavez wins he's gonna get in the ring and call him out, if he says yes its all good, if he says no he will simply ask him to hand over the title.

Im waiting on that to happen. Hopefully Arum wont file a restraining order against Martinez, since he's already made his post-fight actions clear laugh.gif
Jack 1000
There are three certainties in life,

1.) Death
2.) Taxes
3.) No fucking way Manfredo wins a decision.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 16 2011, 03:35 PM) *
There are three certainties in life,

1.) Death
2.) Taxes
3.) No fucking way Manfredo wins a decision.

Jack

BGv2.0
Jeez....I was going to go to this live....but you guys make it sound like it might be a snorefest....I don't know much about either guy...but I do not want to waste money.....is there any chance this might be better than many expect?

Cshel86
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Nov 16 2011, 04:01 PM) *
Jeez....I was going to go to this live....but you guys make it sound like it might be a snorefest....I don't know much about either guy...but I do not want to waste money.....is there any chance this might be better than many expect?

Hate to break it ya, but this is a "gimme" for Chavez Jr...a gift from Arum perhaps. Manfredo may have his moments, but other than that...he's simply a sacrifice.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 05:05 PM) *
Hate to break it ya, but this is a "gimme" for Chavez Jr...a gift from Arum perhaps. Manfredo may have his moments, but other than that...he's simply a sacrifice.

There are some seats WAY in the back for about $25-35.....I was going to spring for good seats....but might be better to go with the cheap ones now that I hear all this.

IF at all.....
BoxingEinstein

no2.gif @ this thread....Sorry Cshel
Cshel86
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Nov 16 2011, 04:08 PM) *
There are some seats WAY in the back for about $25-35.....I was going to spring for good seats....but might be better to go with the cheap ones now that I hear all this.

IF at all.....

Hell, go anyway! Have fun with it!

QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 05:03 PM) *
no2.gif @ this thread....Sorry Cshel

Ha! Yall will see the official thread posted on Saturday anyway...may as well get yall ready before then.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 03:25 PM) *
EAZY, GREAZEY CHEEZEY!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!! Naaaah, my man. You needed to see these "casualties of horror".

Damn, even beyond the healing power of beer goggles?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 18 2011, 03:14 PM) *
Damn, even beyond the healing power of beer goggles?

WELL beyond. With these ladies, the term "jump off" is refers to the nearest cliff or building, rather than smashin' 'em.
pesticid
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 04:05 PM) *

Manfredo might get robbed there. This isn't a gimmie at all.
pesticid
This is going to be a great fight btw, on paper it is for sure. Chavez has improved quite a bit and he's getting a sterner challenge than Alvarez.
Cshel86

Weigh-in pics...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.