Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AMIR KHAN talks May 5 vs FLOYD MAYWEATHER possiblity, and speaks Peterson fight.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BlueMercury
iKeNjiro
good post man

Yea It's cool to hear he's down for that date....man boxing has a lot going on at the moment

Floyd will wait to see what Pacquiao is doing...even though he won't openly say he is waiting he will, word around he is reaching out to Martinez
But wouldn't be mad to see him beat up on Amir Khan
bnoles4life
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 05:20 AM) *
good post man

Yea It's cool to hear he's down for that date....man boxing has a lot going on at the moment

Floyd will wait to see what Pacquiao is doing...even though he won't openly say he is waiting he will, word around he is reaching out to Martinez

That's a hot ass sig!!!! LOL
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 05:20 AM) *
good post man

He has to beat Peterson convincingly to get a date with Floyd. If Khan spurts against Peterson than Khan can go and fight Bradley
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 16 2011, 03:18 PM) *
He has to beat Peterson convincingly to get a date with Floyd. If Khan spurts against Peterson than Khan can go and fight Bradley

If he loses then what?
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 16 2011, 04:50 PM) *
If he loses then what?

Back to the drawin' board. Maybe a date with Jessie Vargas? laugh.gif
BlueMercury
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 16 2011, 01:20 AM) *
good post man

For sure, thanks yo!
Cshel86
QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Nov 18 2011, 12:41 AM) *
For sure, thanks yo!

...and the mighty BlueMercury speaks again...this is truly classic!
sduck
Peterson is no pushover, but I think Khan will beat Peterson. And to be quite honest, stylistically I see Amir Khan giving Floyd Mayweather the best fight out of anyone right now. Of course he won't win though.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (sduck @ Nov 18 2011, 07:50 AM) *
Peterson is no pushover, but I think Khan will beat Peterson. And to be quite honest, stylistically I see Amir Khan giving Floyd Mayweather the best fight out of anyone right now. Of course he won't win though.

In theory, I would agree, but after pondering this match up, I'm unsure how Amir would fight him. Would Roach & Co. try to "outbox" Floyd? Crazy as it may seem, I think that would be the smart play for a couple of reasons:

1. If Freddie believes Floyd's legs are gone, he almost HAS to put that theory to the test. Otherwise.....

2. Floyd, a master counter puncher, may catch Amir w/ something he doesn't see and by a show of hands, who believes in Khan's chin?

I think this is a tough fight for a few obvious reasons, but the one aspect that may not immediately come to mind is, "how will Khan fight him?" I mean, Floyd's the smaller guy, can Khan realistically win from the outside? I think Freddie puts Amir in a "jam" w/ this fight (even though Khan is clamoring for it). We've seen Khan gas late and that, my friend, is when you put chicken in that, cuz it's a wrap!
wolterb
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 18 2011, 08:26 AM) *
In theory, I would agree, but after pondering this match up, I'm unsure how Amir would fight him. Would Roach & Co. try to "outbox" Floyd? Crazy as it may seem, I think that would be the smart play for a couple of reasons:

1. If Freddie believes Floyd's legs are gone, he almost HAS to put that theory to the test. Otherwise.....

2. Floyd, a master counter puncher, may catch Amir w/ something he doesn't see and by a show of hands, who believes in Khan's chin?

I think this is a tough fight for a few obvious reasons, but the one aspect that may not immediately come to mind is, "how will Khan fight him?" I mean, Floyd's the smaller guy, can Khan realistically win from the outside? I think Freddie puts Amir in a "jam" w/ this fight (even though Khan is clamoring for it). We've seen Khan gas late and that, my friend, is when you put chicken in that, cuz it's a wrap!

ha! agreed!

it is hard to say where khan stands skill-wise against mayweather. khan's greatest assets, to me, are his boxing-smart mentality and his respect for mayweather (how many opponents have we seen against floyd who fought him like his record was an illusion?). i think he could present some challenges...but he better prepare himself like it is a 15 rd fight cause if there is one thing about mayweather, other than boxing skill, it is that his well for endurance and stamina always seems deeper than his opponents
Seek
The only thing that makes me second guess whether Mayweather Khan happens is how prepared does Khan feel going into a fight of this magnitude. He keeps talking about 'timing' and how he needs a couple more fights before he's ready. If there is anyone out there that's well schooled enough to throw off Khan's confidence in himself, it's Lamont Peterson. Will he be ready by May 5th? I don't believe so. But if he is offered the fight, will he pass up such an opportunity? Definitely not.
Cshel86
We should probably be looking out for Khan vs Mayweather...if not in May, then definitely by the end of the year.

1. Khan is about to fight a slick fighter in his back yard...our Nation's Capitol. Can you say, publicity? GBP is building Khan up.

2. Khan brings something to the table, which equals money...which wins the interest of FMJ.

3. Khan has a decent U.S. fan base, he has pretty good UK fans base (which equals UK money...however they want to divide it, because their WILL BE a division of that money laugh.gif)

4. Though Khan is "somewhat" popular in the U.S., 24/7 will take care of that. Just to let people know, 24/7 isn't "the savior" for every fighter's lack of reputation, but in Khan's case...its a booster. Wanna know why? Got 3 reasons...1. Roach 2. Pacquiao 3. Ariza...THEN Khan's backstory...thats only if it doesn't get overshadowed by the 3 obvious boosters mentioned.

5. We will hear everything about their association (Khan's introduction to Roach, split and reunification with Ariza, sparring and friendship/ass-kissing of Pacquiao). The sparring sessions with Pacquiao will be interesting, and make it seem as if Khan has a better chance against Mayweather...since most of the world still believes Pac will DESTROY FMJ. Let's not forget about Khan's recent statements about frequently getting the best of Pacquiao in sparring sessions, and how Pac has been looking bad in sparring (as of late)...dont ya just love promotion?

6. Again, with the introduction to Roach...which is always exhibited as a "Roach saved my career" move. Most fighters looked like shit or got embarrassed, "then they found Roach" like a poor kid off the street who happened to walk past the Wild Card Gym and said, "Hey, let me give this a shot". rolleyes_anim.gif What a love story laugh.gif

7. Mayweather's portion of 24/7 will be standard issued with more theatrics that makes us forget that he's even about to fight, people just enjoy watching it. Of course he will make Khan look like trash before they even get on the ring, and we will watch Khan viewing video tapes, swing sledge hammers, swing baseball bats, flip tires, benchpress mules and so forth, while FMJ does flashy & nasty padwork, jump rope, do sit-ups, run miles, talk shit, etc...making his trianing camp look simple (while he probably works the shit out of himself off camera). Then on fight night, we will see Khan put up a fight and come up short...all to make it look like he did so much training, for no reason at all laugh.gif

So yeah, all of this sounds like great promotion, which spells money! If it doesn't make money, then it doesn....well, yall know the rest laugh.gif Did I just "make this make sense" for all of the fans who cry, "Martinez! Martinez! He should fight Martinez!" Save the drama, for ya...well, yall know the rest laugh.gif

Do I hear somebody crying about Khan's "glass chin"? At this point, who cares? Money makes you look past a bunch of stuff, even if the odds are stacked against you! Martinez aint next. Look out of the money magnets...Khan of course, then Alvarez (who can sell out a 12k seat arena in Mexico and has a nasty ass live gate at the Staples Center, which of course equals money). Martinez has how many fans? I'll wait...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *
We should probably be looking out for Khan vs Mayweather...if not in May, then definitely by the end of the year.

1. Khan is about to fight a slick fighter in his back yard...our Nation's Capitol. Can you say, publicity? GBP is building Khan up.

2. Khan brings something to the table, which equals money...which wins the interest of FMJ.

3. Khan has a decent U.S. fan base, he has pretty good UK fans base (which equals UK money...however they want to divide it, because their WILL BE a division of that money laugh.gif)

4. Though Khan is "somewhat" popular in the U.S., 24/7 will take care of that. Just to let people know, 24/7 isn't "the savior" for every fighter's lack of reputation, but in Khan's case...its a booster. Wanna know why? Got 3 reasons...1. Roach 2. Pacquiao 3. Ariza...THEN Khan's backstory...thats only if it doesn't get overshadowed by the 3 obvious boosters mentioned.

5. We will hear everything about their association (Khan's introduction to Roach, split and reunification with Ariza, sparring and friendship/ass-kissing of Pacquiao). The sparring sessions with Pacquiao will be interesting, and make it seem as if Khan has a better chance against Mayweather...since most of the world still believes Pac will DESTROY FMJ. Let's not forget about Khan's recent statements about frequently getting the best of Pacquiao in sparring sessions, and how Pac has been looking bad in sparring (as of late)...dont ya just love promotion?

6. Again, with the introduction to Roach...which is always exhibited as a "Roach saved my career" move. Most fighters looked like shit or got embarrassed, "then they found Roach" like a poor kid off the street who happened to walk past the Wild Card Gym and said, "Hey, let me give this a shot". rolleyes_anim.gif What a love story laugh.gif

7. Mayweather's portion of 24/7 will be standard issued with more theatrics that makes us forget that he's even about to fight, people just enjoy watching it. Of course he will make Khan look like trash before they even get on the ring, and we will watch Khan viewing video tapes, swing sledge hammers, swing baseball bats, flip tires, benchpress mules and so forth, while FMJ does flashy & nasty padwork, jump rope, do sit-ups, run miles, talk shit, etc...making his trianing camp look simple (while he probably works the shit out of himself off camera). Then on fight night, we will see Khan put up a fight and come up short...all to make it look like he did so much training, for no reason at all laugh.gif

So yeah, all of this sounds like great promotion, which spells money! If it doesn't make money, then it doesn....well, yall know the rest laugh.gif Did I just "make this make sense" for all of the fans who cry, "Martinez! Martinez! He should fight Martinez!" Save the drama, for ya...well, yall know the rest laugh.gif

Do I hear somebody crying about Khan's "glass chin"? At this point, who cares? Money makes you look past a bunch of stuff, even if the odds are stacked against you! Martinez aint next. Look out of the money magnets...Khan of course, then Alvarez (who can sell out a 12k seat arena in Mexico and has a nasty ass live gate at the Staples Center, which of course equals money). Martinez has how many fans? I'll wait...

Dayum! To quote Method Man in the movie Belly, "Knowledge-born....what's the science?!"
Plah
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 11:58 AM) *

+1, Nice post
Cshel86
Thanks, had to let everybody know the #1 reason why Floyd fights who he fights nowadays laugh.gif Hell with all of these whining ass fighters who scream "I want Mayweather", just because they a couple of decent fights. I may just go ahead and post this on the Mayweather/Martinez thread laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.