We should probably be looking out for Khan vs Mayweather...if not in May, then definitely by the end of the year.
1. Khan is about to fight a slick fighter in his back yard...our Nation's Capitol. Can you say, publicity? GBP is building Khan up.
2. Khan brings something to the table, which equals money...which wins the interest of FMJ.
3. Khan has a decent U.S. fan base, he has pretty good UK fans base (which equals UK money...however they want to divide it, because their WILL BE a division of that money
4. Though Khan is "somewhat" popular in the U.S., 24/7 will take care of that. Just to let people know, 24/7 isn't "the savior" for every fighter's lack of reputation, but in Khan's case...its a booster. Wanna know why? Got 3 reasons...1. Roach 2. Pacquiao 3. Ariza...THEN Khan's backstory...thats only if it doesn't get overshadowed by the 3 obvious boosters mentioned.
5. We will hear everything about their association (Khan's introduction to Roach, split and reunification with Ariza, sparring and friendship/ass-kissing of Pacquiao). The sparring sessions with Pacquiao will be interesting, and make it seem as if Khan has a better chance against Mayweather...since most of the world still believes Pac will DESTROY FMJ. Let's not forget about Khan's recent statements about frequently getting the best of Pacquiao in sparring sessions, and how Pac has been looking bad in sparring (as of late)...dont ya just love promotion?
6. Again, with the introduction to Roach...which is always exhibited as a "Roach saved my career" move. Most fighters looked like shit or got embarrassed, "then they found Roach" like a poor kid off the street who happened to walk past the Wild Card Gym and said, "Hey, let me give this a shot".
What a love story
7. Mayweather's portion of 24/7 will be standard issued with more theatrics that makes us forget that he's even about to fight, people just enjoy watching it. Of course he will make Khan look like trash before they even get on the ring, and we will watch Khan viewing video tapes, swing sledge hammers, swing baseball bats, flip tires, benchpress mules and so forth, while FMJ does flashy & nasty padwork, jump rope, do sit-ups, run miles, talk shit, etc...making his trianing camp look simple (while he probably works the shit out of himself off camera). Then on fight night, we will see Khan put up a fight and come up short...all to make it look like he did so much training, for no reason at all
So yeah, all of this sounds like great promotion, which spells money! If it doesn't make money, then it doesn....well, yall know the rest
Did I just "make this make sense" for all of the fans who cry, "Martinez! Martinez! He should fight Martinez!" Save the drama, for ya...well, yall know the rest
Do I hear somebody crying about Khan's "glass chin"? At this point, who cares? Money makes you look past a bunch of stuff, even if the odds are stacked against you! Martinez aint next. Look out of the money magnets...Khan of course, then Alvarez (who can sell out a 12k seat arena in Mexico and has a nasty ass live gate at the Staples Center, which of course equals money). Martinez has how many fans? I'll wait...