Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: T.L.O.W.O. (The Land Of Wasted Opportunities)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
bnoles4life
This thread is aimed at identifying fighters who've had ample and/or "choice" opportunities in boxing, only to WASTE them (for whatever reason). Those we deem worthy will be banished to the The Land of Wasted Opportunities (T.L.O.W.O.). We shall poll, and when confirmed, we'll give them addresses as well (ex: 233 Lazy As Hell Dr., Won't Run, TLOWO). **NOTE** Addresses should highlight the primary reason(s) why they are there.

Who's in (Cshel....)??? clapping.gif
mgrover
edwin valero
bnoles4life
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 16 2011, 04:41 PM) *
edwin valero

Ooooooooo.....while it may be "taboo" for some to speak about the deceased, WE in the FH Community, however, DO NOT...I REPEAT..DO NOT DISCRIMINATE!!!!

Good one, MG.... fancy an address for the Late Valero?
mgrover
define address lol
BoxingEinstein
Ike Ibeabuchi - Went to prison for raping/kidnapping a Women

Zab Judah- Allowing pride to destroy his prime ex. vs Kostya Tszyu

Joan Guzman - Laziness and coming in overweight in his fights of the weight limit

Chris Arreola - Laziness and coming in overweight

Prince Nasim -retiring over his first loss against a legend nuff fuckin said

David Haye - self explanatory
mgrover
ah right

valero- killing wife
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 16 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Ike Ibeabuchi - Went to prison for raping/kidnapping a Women

Zab Judah- Allowing pride to destroy his prime ex. vs Kostya Tszyu

Joan Guzman - Laziness and coming in overweight in his fights of the weight limit

Chris Arreola - Laziness and coming in overweight

Prince Nasim -retiring over his first loss against a legend nuff fuckin said

David Haye - self explanatory

Einstein....very good entries....though I'd have to challenge you on Arreola, as he hasn't squandered multiple opportunities, much less the majority of his career. Excellent Prince Naseem entry.

Let's see addresses (the street they live on and the province of TLOWO):

Ike: 2984 Elizabeth Smart Ave., Bound & Gagged, TLOWO

Zab Judah: 3659 Head Case Ln., Ignorant, TLOWO

Joan Guzman: 4481 Cupcake Blvd., Push-away-from-the-table, TLOWO

Prince Naseem: 1212 "Takin-my-shit-and-I'm-out" Circle, Not-taking-another-asswhipping, TLOWO

David Haye: 5568 "I got 15M dollars" Ave., Can't-believe-you-MF'rs-believed me, TLOWO
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 05:50 PM) *
Einstein....very good entries....though I'd have to challenge you on Arreola, as he hasn't squandered multiple opportunities, much less the majority of his career. Excellent Prince Naseem entry.

Let's see addresses (the street they live on and the province of TLOWO):

Ike: 2984 Elizabeth Smart Ave., Bound & Gagged, TLOWO

Zab Judah: 3659 Head Case Ln., Ignorant, TLOWO

Joan Guzman: 4481 Cupcake Blvd., Push-away-from-the-table, TLOWO

Prince Naseem: 1212 "Takin-my-shit-and-I'm-out" Circle, Not-taking-another-asswhipping, TLOWO

David Haye: 5568 "I got 15M dollars" Ave., Can't-believe-you-MF'rs-believed me, TLOWO

Ha! Funny addresses. My nominees are:

Samuel Peter: 890 No Ring Intelligence Rd., Too Stubborn To Learn, TLOWO

Edison Miranda: 891 Too Much Bravado St., Also Too Stubborn To Learn, TLOWO
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:13 PM) *

Sam "Salt" Peter....great call!!!!

Still ain't easy bein'...well, you know.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 16 2011, 07:15 PM) *
Sam "Salt" Peter....great call!!!!

Still ain't easy bein'...well, you know.

There's a reason that cheddar's a synonym for cash. Cheddar all day!!!
Cshel86
I chose 3 of these guys, but officially picked Michael Katsidis. Dude is exciting to watch, but he always comes up short in his biggest fights. He is slowly but surely becoming "an opponent" rather than a boxing star.

Michael Katsidis: 1126 Sacrificial Boxing Lamb Blvd, Austrailian Pinata, TLOWO

My second choice was Zab Judah, smh. Though he was undisputed at one point, he never truly recovered (mentally) from the Kostya Tszyu KO. He came up short against guys like Spinks (once), FMJ, Clottey, Cotto, Khan, BALDOMIR, and almost got stopped by Matthysse.

Zab Judah: 0723 Mental Midget Ct., Brooklyn Letdown, TLOWO

My last choice is Kermit Cintron, smh. Boy, boy, boy, has he made himself such an easy choice, and with great reason. This guy has had opportunity on top of opportunity to shine in big fights, and thats AFTER he his previous bout. I mean damn, he fought Martinez a while back, then lost to Margarito twice, did a stunt against P. Willy, lost to Molina after he had us thinking he was gonna take it away, then he lost to a nobody on FNF a month or two afterwards.

He only scored that upset against Angulo. Sad thing is, he getting yet ANOTHER big opportunity next weekend against Alvarez. I will be sure to revisit this thread to confirm his induction into TLOWO.

Kermit Cintron: Frequent Game-blower blvd, obliviously blows opportunities, TLOWO
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:13 PM) *

Lmao....

Peter and Miranda living across from one another....lls..

Slumpage
Audley "Olympic Gold medalist - I almost ruined UK boxing" Harrison

This dude brought back a lot of buzz to the game when he got his medal. Got a 1mil deal from the BBC then proceeded to fight a ton of cab drivers and STILL look terrible and boring. Then after the fight tell us he was still working on things, even though he was older than most in the division outside of Vitalli?! He single handedly got boxing removed from UK TV (again!) till Khan came along...

The TV deal and hype he had, THAT was a wasted opportunity in my eyes. Dude epitomised "big for nothing"...

Leave you guys to make an address if he gets into TLOWO
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Slumpage @ Nov 17 2011, 11:12 AM) *
Audley "Olympic Gold medalist - I almost ruined UK boxing" Harrison

This dude brought back a lot of buzz to the game when he got his medal. Got a 1mil deal from the BBC then proceeded to fight a ton of cab drivers and STILL look terrible and boring. Then after the fight tell us he was still working on things, even though he was older than most in the division outside of Vitalli?! He single handedly got boxing removed from UK TV (again!) till Khan came along...

The TV deal and hype he had, THAT was a wasted opportunity in my eyes. Dude epitomised "big for nothing"...

Leave you guys to make an address if he gets into TLOWO

I think that he definitely gets into TLOWO. Physically has all the attributes (all he had to do was copy Lennox Lewis' style, not even try to develop his own and he would've been much less of an embarassment), but I guess as the saying goes, all brawn, no brain...
Cshel86
Man I gotta add Breidis Prescott on here! Dude totally blew it last Saturday no2.gif He was beating the hell outta Alvarado for the first few rounds, then he gassed the fuck out! He had the lead, and does he do? He decides to make it a phone booth fight, and got the worst of it.

Alvarado had Prescott's head snapping back like a pez dispenser and Im pretty sure didn't remember is last name after he ate a couple of those hellacious uppercuts. I give Prescott a few more good fights to blow before he officially land in TLOWO. He can stop riding off of that Khan KO victory of his...

Breidis Prescott:
1112 Uppercut Magnet Ave, Gas-out King, TLOWO.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:42 PM) *
Man I gotta add Breidis Prescott on here! Dude totally blew it last Saturday no2.gif He was beating the hell outta Alvarado for the first few rounds, then he gassed the fuck out! He had the lead, and does he do? He decides to make it a phone booth fight, and got the worst of it.

Alvarado had Prescott's head snapping back like a pez dispenser and Im pretty sure didn't remember is last name after he ate a couple of those hellacious uppercuts. I give Prescott a few more good fights to blow before he officially land in TLOWO. He can stop riding off of that Khan KO victory of his...

Breidis Prescott:

Yeah definitely, for that fight, definitely.
Slumpage
Oh yeah, did anyone mention Enzo "I fight like I hate myself" Maccarinelli?

This guy was on sum dirty KO streak and riding the welsh coat-tails of Calzaghe hard... Got to the point where him and his padded undefeated record was on TV doing pseudo-scientific demos about how his punch has the impact of a transit van and shit... (seriously, I saw that).

He calls out Haye, who was tryna leave the cruiserweight div and bait Wlad out at HW. After much media bluster from Enzo and his people, the fight gets made... Dude get KO'd in the most comical way ever, stanky leg dance and all-sorts. He's been getting slumped off ever since, and KEEPS going.. BTW, he's fighting tonight, here we go again...
mrwigi
The name that sticks out to me the most is Super Judah. Ive still never really seen anyone with the type of footwork he posses. His speed alone should be enough for him to dominate almost anyone he fought. But Zab really has always been his worse enemy.
Cshel86
Soooo...are we giving Cintron at least a puncher's chance this weekend, or have some of you already starting planning his induction ceremony into TLOWO? dntknw.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 08:42 PM) *

Breidis Prescott:

not to mention he was up against mCcloskey after he broke Mccloskey nose to shits...But like mentioned he stopped using his reach and jab! and as usual after the fifth he gased out!
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Nov 18 2011, 02:58 PM) *
The name that sticks out to me the most is Super Judah. Ive still never really seen anyone with the type of footwork he posses. His speed alone should be enough for him to dominate almost anyone he fought. But Zab really has always been his worse enemy.

agreed, with zab its so tough cause he did become undisputed at 147 something not alot of people have done as a matter of fact, he was the last one to do and probably will be for a while seeing how active Floyd is now!

is just out of that list he has the most tools and should have done so much more like beating baldomir never getting caught and doing the chicken dance but oh well it happens dntknw.gif
Genius
Valero had serious power and carried a big sack in the ring, wouldve been a problem for anyone regardless of him having his chin in the air. And to add someone to that list, Bojado was a complete waste.
Cshel86
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 21 2011, 09:05 PM) *
not to mention he was up against mCcloskey after he broke Mccloskey nose to shits...But like mentioned he stopped using his reach and jab! and as usual after the fifth he gased out!

no2.gif That McCloskey fight was supposed to give him the edge over Khan, since he didn't really do much damage before the cut occurred. What a waste....
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 21 2011, 11:19 PM) *
Valero had serious power and carried a big sack in the ring, wouldve been a problem for anyone regardless of him having his chin in the air. And to add someone to that list, Bojado was a complete waste.

bojado was hype kind of like a rocky juarez! Like overall good fighters like good speed, feet work, built etc but they were never great in one or two areas which is why I was not surprised he tanked like juarez did.
streetlion1
I voted for Joshua Clottey. Seeing him play the role of walking heavy bag for Pacquiao made me sick...hope he enjoyed that bonus check for "a job well done"...I dont care to see him get another title shot.
Cshel86
Just watched Cotto vs Judah again no2.gif The Land of Fuckin' Wasted Opportunities man! I know he was coming off of a year-long suspension after the Mayweather riot in April '06, but damn...He just refused to let his hands go until he was getting hurt, and thats what baffled me dntknw.gif He was getting the best of Cotto at some points, but he didn't make the most of it.
Cshel86
Mmmm... I think its safe to go ahead and induct Kermit Cintron and Peter Manfredo into T.W.O.L.O. clapping.gif Both have proven or put the finishing touches on their life-long journey to being stepping stones for upcoming fighters.

Manfredo may as well give it up and go back to cleaning up/setting up ice skating rinks, and Cintron should just enjoy the festivities of getting knocked around the ring for $100k or less until he fully realizes that he wasted SEVERAL opportunities.
Cshel86
Bumped...

And the new inductee...Jorge Barrios
Cshel86
Had to bump this thread...just a few names I wanna throw in here (if they aren't already listed):

Gamboa
Gary Russell
Jessie Vargas (for the moment)

Trust me, I DO have some more names...but I'm gonna give you all a chance to induct those guys.

Gamboa: 3202 Chincheck blvd, veer off on Tough Unknowns circle, keep straight for 3 miles and make a u-turn on PED station, and end on 1208 "Irrele-Rapper" ccul-de-sac (that's a dead end by the way)

Gary Russell: 128 WTF avenue, buss a right on Brittle Hand street, proceed 23 miles on DITTO ("Dafuq Is This Throwaway Opponent?" Lane, and make an immediate left on ANOPE ("Any Notable Opponent Possible, EVER?") cul-de-sac (that's a dead end by the way)

Jessie Vargas: Start out on 100 Jumpship blvd, ride 5 miles and make an immediate u-turn on TUHAGD ("Thought U Had A Good Deal) lane, and end on WTF (where tha f*ck [is he]?") circle.

Any more???

Dolimite
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 21 2014, 09:02 AM) *
Had to bump this thread...just a few names I wanna throw in here (if they aren't already listed):

Gamboa
Gary Russell
Jessie Vargas (for the moment)

Trust me, I DO have some more names...but I'm gonna give you all a chance to induct those guys.

Gamboa: 3202 Chincheck blvd, veer off on Tough Unknowns circle, keep straight for 3 miles and make a u-turn on PED station, and end on 1208 "Irrele-Rapper" ccul-de-sac (that's a dead end by the way)

Gary Russell: 128 WTF avenue, buss a right on Brittle Hand street, proceed 23 miles on DITTO ("Dafuq Is This Throwaway Opponent?" Lane, and make an immediate left on ANOPE ("Any Notable Opponent Possible, EVER?") cul-de-sac (that's a dead end by the way)

Jessie Vargas: Start out on 100 Jumpship blvd, ride 5 miles and make an immediate u-turn on TUHAGD ("Thought U Had A Good Deal) lane, and end on WTF (where tha f*ck [is he]?") circle.

Any more???

Victor Ortiz and Berto. Their faces should be on the award.
checkleft
If Gary don't put his foot on the pedal this will be called the Russell express
AZWildCat
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 09:01 PM) *
Just watched Cotto vs Judah again no2.gif The Land of Fuckin' Wasted Opportunities man! I know he was coming off of a year-long suspension after the Mayweather riot in April '06, but damn...He just refused to let his hands go until he was getting hurt, and thats what baffled me dntknw.gif He was getting the best of Cotto at some points, but he didn't make the most of it.

I always felt the deliberate uppercuts to his nuts played a factor ..along with poor conditioning
ryustuh
is eddie chambers a stretch? i thought he had the goods and is a solid boxer...never stepped up during the big fights of his career tho.
The Original MrFactor
Joshua Clottey was a good solid rugged guy who never could win the big one. He had Margarito and lost a hot and close contest. He had Cotto and should have gotten the nod. he had pacquiao and didn't even show up. This guy would have benefitted from being active. Now I hear he's trying to come back. How much does he have left??
checkleft
QUOTE (ryustuh @ Jan 21 2014, 08:08 PM) *
is eddie chambers a stretch? i thought he had the goods and is a solid boxer...never stepped up during the big fights of his career tho.

Cotto has a tendency to be a ball buster when he gets buzzed. He did it a few other times before the Judah fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (Dolimite @ Jan 21 2014, 02:06 PM) *
Victor Ortiz and Berto. Their faces should be on the award.

I think we already named Victor...not quite sure though. Lol

Berto should've been inducted after the Guerrero loss, honestly. He's a special case though...Im not sure if GBP puts him in these tough fights because they want the other guy to look good, or do they actually believe that Berto can pull it off???

QUOTE (AZWildCat @ Jan 21 2014, 07:02 PM) *
I always felt the deliberate uppercuts to his nuts played a factor ..along with poor conditioning

Deliberate low blows against a guy who really didn't wanna be in there any way...hmm...seems to be a different situation when that factual twist is added to it. Lol
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 22 2014, 10:59 AM) *
I think we already named Victor...not quite sure though. Lol

Berto should've been inducted after the Guerrero loss, honestly. He's a special case though...Im not sure if GBP puts him in these tough fights because they want the other guy to look good, or do they actually believe that Berto can pull it off???

Deliberate low blows against a guy who really didn't wanna be in there any way...hmm...seems to be a different situation when that factual twist is added to it. Lol

First and foremost, no, Ortiz isn't on this list....how, I have no freak'n idea. Lastly, I read your post about GRJ......my man, I've been gasping for air ever since!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Jan 23 2014, 06:46 PM) *
First and foremost, no, Ortiz isn't on this list....how, I have no freak'n idea. Lastly, I read your post about GRJ......my man, I've been gasping for air ever since!!!

laugh.gif

I swore we put Ortiz on here, but I guess not. He'll have the Judah syndrome throughout his career...he'll just get chance after chance. Lol

As for GRJ, he's yet again, matched with another substitute teacher, which I believe the fight is sometime in March.

EDIT: GRJ fights somebody tomorrow night...
klonopinz
everytime i think of valero i cringe, he would have been a great fight for broner or mikey garcia or any of the 140 pounders hot right now, fuckin shame, but then again all them south american boxers go nuts and kill somebody hen they go out, like monzon carlos monzon and alexis arguello, im sure ricardo mayorga will be the same.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Jan 29 2014, 07:30 PM) *
laugh.gif

I swore we put Ortiz on here, but I guess not. He'll have the Judah syndrome throughout his career...he'll just get chance after chance. Lol

As for GRJ, he's yet again, matched with another substitute teacher, which I believe the fight is sometime in March.

EDIT: GRJ fights somebody tomorrow night...

Can't blame him this time though, he was denied against Jhonny Gonzalez and I'm sure they had their reservations as to whether they could beat GRJ. He was supposed to fight the winner of the 1st fight between Mares and Gonzalez as he's a mandatory for the belt that one of the TR fighters has, don't know if it's Salido or not.. He needs to step up but I think he beats them dudes, Gonzalez, Mares and Salido...I think if he gets active and in a perfect world, I always said that him and Mikey Garcia would make for a great fight as well. But in regards to his recent situation, they don't want to get in the ring with him so I'll cut him some slack
Franchize
I gotta go Zab because he had more talent and skill than all of these guys. I think Andre Berto should be on here as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.