Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marquez lays out his terms for a rematch
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MaxPayne
JMM Sets Terms

Interesting stuff. I wonder how these terms would affect the ability for a rematch to be made.
leonthegee
Im more intrested in watching womens curling during the winter olympics than I am of watching Pacquiao v Marquez 4.
BoxingEinstein

Marquez has every right to demand ALL or most terms in their re-rematch. Marquez took Pac to school and back for 12 round without getting knocked down. That was a masterful boxing performance by Marquez and he upsetted lots of peoples pockets that night as Pac was a 12-1 lead. Marquez whether or not he loses to Pac will always go down as the man to went to war against Pac 3 times and came out ok and better yet beaten him twice but of course on paper it will say Pac beat him 3 twice....bullshit. Marquez got cheated in broad day Las Vegas lights in front of everyone and not just Mexicans know this. When he came home they treated him like the winner that he truly is. Fuck the money if they don't want to compromise. #Dinamita4ever
bnoles4life
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Nov 16 2011, 05:18 PM) *
Im more intrested in watching womens curling during the winter olympics than I am of watching Pacquiao v Marquez 4.

Canada has some fine ass women Curlers, sun!!! ok.gif
juanpa
he should demand random blood testing
Cshel86
QUOTE (juanpa @ Nov 16 2011, 07:52 PM) *
he should demand random blood testing

Yeah that'll definitely play a part in the fight getting called off ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Good one!

Oh yeah, for somebody (JMM) who said they didn't care to fight Pacquiao again...he's sure laying out terms for a potential rematch. Told yall...money talks!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 16 2011, 05:14 PM) *
JMM Sets Terms

Interesting stuff. I wonder how these terms would affect the ability for a rematch to be made.

I think that they'll make it happen (I don't care enough to buy it, but it'll probably happen). I can see Texas, or CA being the venue and it making a good deal of money.
checkleft
If he retires it will be a bigger statement then a rematch. If I was him id say blow me, i know I won, the concensus is I got robbed, ima hit up gbp and Eric morales and cash out.
mrchitown
Definitely can't blame JMM for those demands given the horrendous decision turned in last Saturday night
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 16 2011, 08:06 PM) *
ima hit up gbp and Eric morales and cash out.

One problem with that...JMM is promoted by Arum. I dont see Bob taking the backseat to GBP, especially if that leaves Pac available to get smashed by Floyd this soon.
Seek
There will be a rematch for sure. Too much money for Marquez to pass up. Too much money for Bob to walk away from. No way does he put Pacquiao in there with Mayweather after such an aweful performance. Pacquiao doesn't just risk losing to Mayweather but risks being completely shut out and embarassed. If Bob was looking for ANOTHER way out of the fight, this is it. He's gotta strike while the iron is hot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 16 2011, 09:01 PM) *
There will be a rematch for sure. Too much money for Marquez to pass up. Too much money for Bob to walk away from. No way does he put Pacquiao in there with Mayweather after such an aweful performance. Pacquiao doesn't just risk losing to Mayweather but risks being completely shut out and embarassed. If Bob was looking for ANOTHER way out of the fight, this is it. He's gotta strike while the iron is hot.

Spot on! Oh yeah, who do you have for Cotto/Margarito?
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 16 2011, 08:46 PM) *
One problem with that...JMM is promoted by Arum. I dont see Bob taking the backseat to GBP, especially if that leaves Pac available to get smashed by Floyd this soon.

I figured it was a one fight deal. If it is, that's a big way to stick it to arum and pac.
Genius
He should also request the ban of Jimi Jamison singing eye of the tiger.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 16 2011, 10:52 PM) *
He should also request the ban of Jimi Jamison singing eye of the tiger.

WHAT!? That was the best part of the card laugh.gif It was the drunk ass, slowed down, behind the beat, karaoke version of Eye of the Tiger!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 16 2011, 09:01 PM) *

Enough said, case closed.

As far as those demands goes, ain't no way in hell that's gon' happen. With that bein' said, if Arum turns down a fight with Mayweather (he's already rejected it to pursue a 4th fight with Marquez, but that was before Marquez made those demands), people can no longer blame Floyd for the fight not happenin'. If the match isn't made, I think Floyd's next fight will be against Amir Khan or Sergio Martinez in May. I'm hopin' it's Martinez, but I'd be content to see him body Khan. After seein' how Marquez punished Pacquiao, I no longer wanna see Pac fight Mayweather. That's a mismatch Pacquiao will not be able to overcome... AT ALL!

EDIT: My comment is based on the set of demands I read, which are listed here... http://www.examiner.com/latino-boxing-in-n...-manny-pacquiao
Cshel86
So nobody liked Jimi Jamison's Eye of the Tiger performance? dntknw.gif Man forget yall! Yall are missing out!

bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 01:40 AM) *
So nobody liked Jimi Jamison's Eye of the Tiger performance? dntknw.gif Man forget yall! Yall are missing out!

LOL...HELL NAW!!!!! Did he have on leather suit, a la Eddie Murphy circa 1988?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 09:32 AM) *
LOL...HELL NAW!!!!! Did he have on leather suit, a la Eddie Murphy circa 1988?

Ha! Nah, he had on the skinny jeans like a country singer, with the "MP" hoodie on with the sleeves rolled up! laugh.gif He was gettin' it man!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:36 AM) *
Ha! Nah, he had on the skinny jeans like a country singer, with the "MP" hoodie on with the sleeves rolled up! laugh.gif He was gettin' it man!

It seems like anytime anyone uses that "Eye of the Tiger", they get beat or at a minimum, have less than stellar performances......as they should. Corny @$$ song!
Cheesey1
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 11:08 AM) *
It seems like anytime anyone uses that "Eye of the Tiger", they get beat or at a minimum, have less than stellar performances......as they should. Corny @$$ song!

It isn't the song's fault. It's because nobody drinks the raw eggs WHILE the song is being played anymore. That's the secret to unlocking the full potential of the "Eye of the Tiger."
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 11:08 AM) *

Risin' up! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2011, 11:27 AM) *
It isn't the song's fault. It's because nobody drinks the raw eggs WHILE the song is being played anymore. That's the secret to unlocking the full potential of the "Eye of the Tiger."

Hahahaha!!! No raw eggs please!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 17 2011, 12:27 PM) *

Cheesey....you, in fact, have unearthed the crux of the problem. WELL DONE
bnoles4life
[quote name='Cshel86' date='Nov 17 2011, 12:47 PM' post='545718']
Risin' up! laugh.gif

This fool said, "Risin' up" fuck.gif
Cshel86
Im still laughing how Marquez is making his demands now, but he made it known that he didn't want a rematch laugh.gif Money talks!
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 07:32 PM) *
Im still laughing how Marquez is making his demands now, but he made it known that he didn't want a rematch laugh.gif Money talks!

JMM is like, "f*ck those punks on the message boards!!" LOL
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 08:40 PM) *
JMM is like, "f*ck those punks on the message boards!!" LOL

Hahaha!!! Thats the same thing I said to his ass when he said he didn't want a rematch! Well it was more of a drunken "I dont wanna hear that bullcrap this time Marquez" type of rant though laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.