Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can Judah Still Make Big Fights At 140?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I know it's hard to make anything of a Judah comeback, due to his "laying of the egg" against Khan. I truly believed he was just outclassed that night because he couldn't get to Khan at all. I dont really see Judah having a huge motivational factor in terms of a mega fight (something in the neighborhood of a Pacquiao fight) since he's been down that road many times. The only thing I can see him fighting for is money...whatever that maximum purse may be limited to at this point, and he can also be used as an opponent at this point.

At one point back in 2010, I was pushing for a Judah/Alexander fight in St. Louis after the Urango fight, but I believe Alexander's focal point was more on Bradley. Since Alexander's at WW now, and Judah may not want to move back up, we can go ahead and scratch that. There are a few fights at 140 that he can take (in the best interest of his opponent's resume), that would n't mind watching. Hell, its still boxing, so I would watch it any day. Now, I wouldn't set myself up and watch it with high hopes laugh.gif but as long Judah makes it a fight (win or lose), Im all in. Hell, if anything, he should've been fighting Bradley last weekend instead of Casamayor (just my opinion though)

Thoughts?
Tha Docta
judah is one of my favorite fighters. but he is finished. once you get a little quit in you, its all over. judah will look for an out as soon as he realizes that a fight isnt going his way.
Genius
If Zab is focus...look out world....know what I'm sayin.
leonthegee
I still want to see him fight. He has mouths to feed so I cant see him retiring now. He still has speed and can punch so he poses a threat to anyone at 140. So I dont see promoters putting their fighters in with him. If he was with TR or GBP maybe but Main Events. No
BigFightFan
Judah vs Bradley would be a good fight @ jr. WW or WW. Whatever happens next in his career I just hope he part ways with Whitaker as his trainer. That's not Judah's style of boxing at all
Cshel86
I would've much rather seen him fight Bradley, than that Casamayor meltdown that Arum served us last week. I think Zab's slowed down enough for a JMM fight...in Mexico perhaps. I think that this would be the biggest fight for Zab at 140...though he wont get bigger split of the purse, for obvious reasons laugh.gif

If he comes to fight (win or lose), he will make a fight thats worth a watch and it will also help the other guys the division build their resume. I guess when everybody's done with him, he can float away...its not like he hasn't been doing that anyway laugh.gif I think a Guerrero fight would be too much for Judah, and Im sure The Ghost would put him away with little trouble.

Man, I was really banking on that Alexander/Judah fight back in 2010, but Devon lost his spark after that Kotelnik fight. Then Judah looked so shakey against Matthysse, taht it wasn't even funny.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 17 2011, 01:41 PM) *
If Zab is focus...look out world....know what I'm sayin.

Just let us know when that will be~ signed..A Zab Judah fan
BoxingEinstein

Judah is done, as long as he will constantly be his own worst enemy. He had all the tools to beat the likes of Khan and so many other opponents but it all came down to his mental midget martian lookin ass self. The guy has the talents and skills of someone who can be a HOF but he digs his own hole. I thought he was going to blast away Khan, he had the speed, power, and experience to his advantage but dropped the ball. I remember they were talking about negotiating that fight with him and Marquez and it was close to being finalized and that would've been a great fight and it still can be.

Only fights I want to see Judah in is against himself because that's obviously his biggest opponent to date. I mean for fucks sake he was beating Mayweather for almost half of the fight clearly. Like i said...mental midget.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 17 2011, 07:25 PM) *
Judah is done, as long as he will constantly be his own worst enemy. He had all the tools to beat the likes of Khan and so many other opponents but it all came down to his mental midget martian lookin ass self. The guy has the talents and skills of someone who can be a HOF but he digs his own hole. I thought he was going to blast away Khan, he had the speed, power, and experience to his advantage but dropped the ball. I remember they were talking about negotiating that fight with him and Marquez and it was close to being finalized and that would've been a great fight and it still can be.

Only fights I want to see Judah in is against himself because that's obviously his biggest opponent to date. I mean for fucks sake he was beating Mayweather for almost half of the fight clearly. Like i said...mental midget.

That's why boxing is often a marathon w/ pretenders running the 100 yard dash.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 17 2011, 06:25 PM) *
I remember they were talking about negotiating that fight with him and Marquez and it was close to being finalized and that would've been a great fight and it still can be. Only fights I want to see Judah in is against himself because that's obviously his biggest opponent to date.

I remember the Marquez match that he was aiming for...would've been a good one! I think I'd much rather see Judah fight one the above listed guys, before I see him fight himself. He ALWAYS loses that fight no2.gif At least there's a50/50 chance against these dudes.
mrchitown
I think Zab has something left to contribute to the sport and Id still like to see that fight between him and JMM if it's an option. He's a name on any fighters resume and he could be in a number of other interesting fights @140, like a Bradley fight. I've always been a huge fan of Zab's, so I hope what ever he does, that he finds some success with it
sduck
I went with Judah-Morales, I think that would be a good fight. I see Judah giving both Morales and JMM trouble for most of the fight, then Judah fading for a way out. I think stylistically he'd get destroyed by every other candidate, except probably Peterson.

On another note, Judah is most comfortable against sluggers with no movement, or pure boxers, but after I seen him get destroyed by a boxer like Khan, he might need to hang em up at this point.
Seek
I'm still pissed off at Judah. Talk all that game and ending up quitting on the canvas. Acting like hes all hurt and covering up his face. Soon as they wave the fight off, he jumps up on his toes to complain. Lol how embarassing. And also get rid of Whittaker, he does not suit Judah's style.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 18 2011, 01:12 PM) *
I'm still pissed off at Judah. Talk all that game and ending up quitting on the canvas. Acting like hes all hurt and covering up his face. Soon as they wave the fight off, he jumps up on his toes to complain. Lol how embarassing. And also get rid of Whittaker, he does not suit Judah's style.

I just laughed at how Zab said that he thought the ref was giving an 8 count so he could get himself together laugh.gif C'mon Zab, how long have you been in the game? When a ref is counting, it's never a good thing.

The only numbers that a ref says is '1' which possibly means that you or your opponent is losing a point, or he says a phrase with '5' in it...which gives you 5 minutes to recover. If the ref was giving Zab time to recover, like he proclaimed, then Im sure the count would've end somewhere arounnnnd, hmmm, let's see...about 300 dntknw.gif

I'll still give him a chance in most of these fights, but his excuses need to stop...they're getting more and more delusional and unbelievable laugh.gif
bnoles4life
Love= the talent of Zab

Hate= the reality of Zab
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 18 2011, 02:32 PM) *
Love= the talent of Zab

Hate= the reality of Zab

Sigh...+1.
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 18 2011, 01:12 PM) *

I totally agree kick Whitaker to the curb fast!!!! I prefer the old Judah who came out aggressive (sometimes wild) but gave his all for the first 6 rounds until he gassed out. Conditioning and mental toughness is his only weaknesses.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BigFightFan @ Nov 18 2011, 03:12 PM) *
I totally agree kick Whitaker to the curb fast!!!! I prefer the old Judah who came out aggressive (sometimes wild) but gave his all for the first 6 rounds until he gassed out. Conditioning and mental toughness is his only weaknesses.

Whitaker is just fine where he is, in my opinion. He gives Judah another cautious style of fighting that doesn't take much out of him down the stretch. If shit gets rough, you'd THINK that Zab would revert back to what he knows, which is being aggressive.

The fact that he doesn't do that, is an alarming sign that something isn't right. Just think about it, back in his aggressive days, when things got rough for him in the ring, the only thing he had to fall back on, was folding mentally dntknw.gif
EpTXCHAMP
I think main events is waiting a bit too long to decide what they want to do with zab. I read that they had talks with Mccloskey but turned it down over money and not wanting to go over to Ireland to fight.(I'll post the link to this article when I find it). It be nice if Hype could catch a interview with zab since he lives in vegas and is always at Mayweathers gym I would think he'd be more accessible to fighthype! I mean a zab interview is a bit more interesting than the weekly James Toney interviews lol.

back to topic I also read rumblings that yoel was going back to training zab not sure if that was true if so guess it is back to exciting but gassing out after 4 rounds zab.

as far as next fight not sure if it'll be a "big" fight? I know Vernon paris put on twitter they are in works of a fight with zab but that is espn 2 shit at best! so I think zab is stuck in the stepping stone position none of those fights are likely, instead more likely to see him against the paris, Garcias, and alvarados. Hope I am wrong but just my thinking.
neophyte7
Zab is pathetic. The quicker his quitter ass leaves the sport the better!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (EpTXCHAMP @ Nov 19 2011, 06:29 PM) *
I think main events is waiting a bit too long to decide what they want to do with zab. I read that they had talks with Mccloskey but turned it down over money and not wanting to go over to Ireland to fight.(I'll post the link to this article when I find it). It be nice if Hype could catch a interview with zab since he lives in vegas and is always at Mayweathers gym I would think he'd be more accessible to fighthype! I mean a zab interview is a bit more interesting than the weekly James Toney interviews lol.

back to topic I also read rumblings that yoel was going back to training zab not sure if that was true if so guess it is back to exciting but gassing out after 4 rounds zab.

as far as next fight not sure if it'll be a "big" fight? I know Vernon paris put on twitter they are in works of a fight with zab but that is espn 2 shit at best! so I think zab is stuck in the stepping stone position none of those fights are likely, instead more likely to see him against the paris, Garcias, and alvarados. Hope I am wrong but just my thinking.

Well thanks for at least much of an update...I haven't heard too much about him since the Khan loss and the fuss that he was making about it.Yoel going back to the corner wouldn't be too big of an issue, but like you stated, we would have to be ready to see the old "4-round Judah". I actually like Whitaker being being in his corner, but Zab hasn't done too much since then. I believe we are all waiting to see what Zab has to say next, whether he's announcing future opponents or a possible retirement laugh.gif
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2011, 08:47 PM) *
Well thanks for at least much of an update...I haven't heard too much about him since the Khan loss and the fuss that he was making about it.Yoel going back to the corner wouldn't be too big of an issue, but like you stated, we would have to be ready to see the old "4-round Judah". I actually like Whitaker being being in his corner, but Zab hasn't done too much since then. I believe we are all waiting to see what Zab has to say next, whether he's announcing future opponents or a possible retirement laugh.gif

lol he announced on his twitter he is returning but I swear as a zab fan if he loses his next fight He better retire! haha
checkleft
I voted Bradley but now thinking about it, it would probably end bad VIA headbutts. I enjoyed Paris last fight on ESPN wouldn't mind seeing him in there with zab.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2011, 02:00 AM) *
I voted Bradley but now thinking about it, it would probably end bad VIA headbutts. I enjoyed Paris last fight on ESPN wouldn't mind seeing him in there with zab.

Yep! Paris totally owned ol' boy...I think his last name was Coleman! It was like a bully beating up a puny shithead as soon as he hopped off the best to go to class...then he gave 'em that gut punch for his unch money at 12:00 laugh.gif
checkleft
Yea that body punch killed, he came out the next round and just folded. But I thought it was a really good fight, both guys were undefeated I think, both had mayweather trainers and there was a lot of bad blood between them. Paris looked good though, definitley earned a shot at another appearance on ESPN. Hell would probably make a good hbo or showtime fighter if he keeps it up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 20 2011, 02:15 AM) *
Yea that body punch killed, he came out the next round and just folded. But I thought it was a really good fight, both guys were undefeated I think, both had mayweather trainers and there was a lot of bad blood between them. Paris looked good though, definitley earned a shot at another appearance on ESPN. Hell would probably make a good hbo or showtime fighter if he keeps it up.

Yeah I remember they both had Mayweather trainers in their corner...in which they both never showed up laugh.gif I agree with him being able to hold it down on HBO or Showtime, but Im sure that fight they had ESPN (in which I watched)...it was more so pumped up because of that scuffle between them in that hotel lobby the day before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.