Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cotto vs Margarito to be moved out of NY
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Sunni6Killer
"Source: New York Athletic Commission will reject Antonio Margarito's application for a license. Margarita-Cotto will move out of NY"

https://twitter.com/#!/ChrisMannixSI
Cshel86
As long as the fight doesn't get rescheduled, then Im good. Hope they dont fuck this up...
bnoles4life
So....the fight is but a mere 2+ wks away and NOW they sort this out? What about AC (I'm asking this as if you all have input on this)?
CDeezFoo
ay...good for NY, I think that bum Margarito should of been banned even before the Mosley fight when Naazim found the plaster on his hands.. and he took away a great boxer in Cotto because after that fight he has never been the same. after all that though....I still want to see the fight...especially after seeing OG Cotto scare Margarito the way he did in HBO's faceoff. I hope Cotto beats the shit outta him
Cshel86
There are a few factors to this shit that could prove detrimental...

1. Who in the hell else will accept Margarito's application for a license, besides the state of Texas? Hell, they have to make sure nothing else is going on in the Cowboys Stadium that night. If not, will there be a venue available on Dec. 3rd in a "boxing friendly/boxing familiar" venue/state? If so, will they still accept the piece of shit's application?

2. what about ticket sells? Have they already gone on sale? Hope not, because the folks that actually have to TRAVEL to NY will be pissed...especially if they've made traveling arrangements.

3. Cotto had problems with fighting on the west coast when he fought Margarito the last time in Vegas. From his side of the story, he and his entourage were basically treated like shit the whole time. Im sure its been worked out because he did fight Pac a year later in Vegas, so I guess this wont be as big of an issue.

Money talks, so let's see how it works this situation out...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 05:37 PM) *
Money talks, so let's see how it works this situation out...

http://www.boxinqtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=22473

If the above is true, Cshely...road trip?????
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 09:19 PM) *
http://www.boxinqtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=22473

If the above is true, Cshely...road trip?????

Damn Noles, I do want to come back home in one piece bro laugh.gif I have the tendency to go out and get shit-faced hammered, and I like doing that...just gott amake sure Im in a safe location. Mississippi!? Damn thats a drastic change from NY. The crazy part is, I forgot about how much damage his eye sustained no2.gif NY aint tryin' to get stuck with the smokin' gun laugh.gif I dont blame 'em...
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:50 PM) *
Damn Noles, I do want to come back home in one piece bro laugh.gif I have the tendency to go out and get shit-faced hammered, and I like doing that...just gott amake sure Im in a safe location. Mississippi!? Damn thats a drastic change from NY. The crazy part is, I forgot about how much damage his eye sustained no2.gif NY aint tryin' to get stuck with the smokin' gun laugh.gif I dont blame 'em...

LOL....you're in ATL, right? Hop, skip and jump. Plus, get a room...you can get sh*t-faced, gamble a bit and who knows? Plus, I know a couple of people down there (Biloxi, I'm assuming).
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 17 2011, 09:58 PM) *
LOL....you're in ATL, right? Hop, skip and jump. Plus, get a room...you can get sh*t-faced, gamble a bit and who knows? Plus, I know a couple of people down there (Biloxi, I'm assuming).

Sounds like a plan! I have people in LA...another hop, skip, and jump from there. You reeled me in with the gambling part, almost forgot. I hit up LA back in May and got shit-faced at the slots at The Eldorado! Now Im hoping that they move it to Mississippi for my own selfish reasons! laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:22 PM) *
Sounds like a plan! I have people in LA...another hop, skip, and jump from there. You reeled me in with the gambling part, almost forgot. I hit up LA back in May and got shit-faced at the slots at The Eldorado! Now Im hoping that they move it to Mississippi for my own selfish reasons! laugh.gif

Yep, we can do that!!!! Drop a lil' bit on the roulette wheel and check out the Latina talent on deck!
checkleft
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 17 2011, 04:30 PM) *
ay...good for NY, I think that bum Margarito should of been banned even before the Mosley fight when Naazim found the plaster on his hands.. and he took away a great boxer in Cotto because after that fight he has never been the same. after all that though....I still want to see the fight...especially after seeing OG Cotto scare Margarito the way he did in HBO's faceoff. I hope Cotto beats the shit outta him

+1

It's nice to know some of boxing.actually has standards.. but its kind stupid to do.it so close to fight time.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (CDeezFoo @ Nov 17 2011, 04:30 PM) *

Me, too, but I sure as hell wouldn't put my $$$ on Cotto. Tony is in dude's head and as a result, Cotto is already behind 3 rounds. Personally, I wouldn't have ever fought him again. What's funny is, the guy who said he needs this fight, is also the same cat Cotto "let go". Everyone telling him to take this fight, wasn't hittin' Margs with the kitchen sink, only to have Tony walk through 'em like he was on a civil rights march. Moreover, they sure as hell don't have to get back in the ring with him again.

Expect Margs, in his usual sinister-looking self, to tax that @$$ again, but earlier (say....'round 8)
Seek
Cotto wins by UD. Bob Arum is an idiot for not clearing Margarito for this fighter BEFORE nearly selling out the fight at the MSG. Doesn't matter where the fight is, Cotto will win decisively by decision. Wish it would be at the MSG because that would just be electrifying. Don't get me wrong, this is a tough fight for Cotto stylistically but there is no way Cotto makes the same mistake twice and tries to outbang MargaCHEATO. Easy money on Cotto
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 18 2011, 02:02 PM) *
Cotto wins by UD. Bob Arum is an idiot for not clearing Margarito for this fighter BEFORE nearly selling out the fight at the MSG. Doesn't matter where the fight is, Cotto will win decisively by decision. Wish it would be at the MSG because that would just be electrifying. Don't get me wrong, this is a tough fight for Cotto stylistically but there is no way Cotto makes the same mistake twice and tries to outbang MargaCHEATO. Easy money on Cotto

Famous last words
CDeezFoo
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 18 2011, 11:23 AM) *
+1

It's nice to know some of boxing.actually has standards.. but its kind stupid to do.it so close to fight time.

maybe they did that on purpose to further teach him a lesson and mess up the plans

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 18 2011, 11:31 AM) *
Expect Margs, in his usual sinister-looking self, to tax that @$$ again, but earlier (say....'round 8)

Initially I was thinking that Margarito would probably win...but after seeing Faceoff and with Cotto saying that this time he will be "prepared"..makes me think that Cotto has something up his sleeve. Shiiit...they both will probably walk in that ring on some juice
checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 18 2011, 12:31 PM) *
Me, too, but I sure as hell wouldn't put my $$$ on Cotto. Tony is in dude's head and as a result, Cotto is already behind 3 rounds. Personally, I wouldn't have ever fought him again. What's funny is, the guy who said he needs this fight, is also the same cat Cotto "let go". Everyone telling him to take this fight, wasn't hittin' Margs with the kitchen sink, only to have Tony walk through 'em like he was on a civil rights march. Moreover, they sure as hell don't have to get back in the ring with him again.

This is what I believe too.. but there's a couple of factors that make this an even more interesting fight. Ever since cotto was mauled by marg and beaten by pac he has had a couple of fights to sort of fix his mentality in the ring and gain some confidence back, marg hasn't had that luxury after getting his face punched in by pac so mentally we haven't seen how he will be. But there is a tremendous amount of pressure on cotto. Another factor is that marg walked through cottos punches at 147 and cotto has always had weight issues. Though ive never though he was a big puncher the extra weight could give him a little more power..but like I said I still think marg is just all wrong for cotto. Marg by stoppage
BGv2.0
Bring it to Houston!!!!

I would LOVE to see Cotto mop the floor with this POS!

If Toyota Center is booked....there is always Reliant Arena, Vorizon Wireless, Houston Raceway Park....hell you could even use the Ford Center out in Beaumont!
Plah
Cotto by UD
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Nov 18 2011, 05:12 PM) *
Cotto by UD

Sure about that? laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Nov 18 2011, 04:24 PM) *
Bring it to Houston!!!!

I would LOVE to see Cotto mop the floor with this POS!

If Toyota Center is booked....there is always Reliant Arena, Vorizon Wireless, Houston Raceway Park....hell you could even use the Ford Center out in Beaumont!

Puuuhhhllleeeease!!! Cotto ain't Mexican and we all KNOW what happens to NON-MEXICAN fighters in Texas, let alone HOUSTON. Plus, the whole reason the fight is in NY is to appease Cotto, as they felt they weren't treated very well out west for their first fight.
checkleft
Yea Houston would make it cotto vs four people.. they are worse than st Louis
BGv2.0
Not so fast on that....although TX does have a LOT of Mexicans....Margarito's possible dirty tactics does not make him loved despite his nationality...

It would not be the Pro Mexican bout you all seem to think it would be....

TX might love it's Mexican fighters.....but it still HATES a F'N cheater....in that sense it equals out!

Sunni6Killer
Double post.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Nov 22 2011, 04:27 PM) *
Not so fast on that....although TX does have a LOT of Mexicans....Margarito's possible dirty tactics does not make him loved despite his nationality...

It would not be the Pro Mexican bout you all seem to think it would be....

TX might love it's Mexican fighters.....but it still HATES a F'N cheater....in that sense it equals out!

Really? Was that the reason, during introductions, for the loud roar and cheers when Margarito's named was called? You know...b/c Mexican fight fans hate cheaters?
Cshel86
This shit is pretty much gonna sell, regardless of where its held...well, everywhere except the Pontiac Silver Dome laugh.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 22 2011, 08:00 PM) *
This shit is pretty much gonna sell, regardless of where its held...well, everywhere except the Pontiac Silver Dome laugh.gif

LOL!!!!! WTF's idea was that?
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 22 2011, 08:42 PM) *
LOL!!!!! WTF's idea was that?

Hahahaha!!! Ask DK and Shaw about that Pontiac Silver Dome tragedy with Bradley and Alexander. They sure as hell didn't want it in STL, just in case the judges decide to nod off during rounds and give 'em to Alexander.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.