Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brandon Rios Wants Marcos Maidana
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
"Im ready to take on the world. I'm ready for Gamboa. I'm ready for anybody. Marquez. I'm ready for Maidana. That's the fight I'm really waiting for, Maidana" responded the Kansas native.

Though Brandon Rios called out these other guys in his interview, the one that seems to be more of a reality would be Marcos Maidana. Thoughts on the Maidana fight?
mrchitown
Rios wants to fight everybody LOL. I'd definitely watch this scrap, it would be an all out war.
iKeNjiro
Would rather see him an Gamboa

But he is willing to fight anyone

Would really love him vs Ortiz
Because of the bad blood
Cshel86
QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 18 2011, 12:34 AM) *

Because of the bad blood

C'mon Ken...Gamboa's waaay too small for Rios.
BoxingFan86

Because of the bad blood

I agree with the bold.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 18 2011, 12:44 AM) *
I agree with the bold.

I agree with the Ortiz fight, but Gamboa will just be too small or shitty against anybody above 130 (if he wants to rush it). If Gamboa lands on Rios, I just see him laughing it off.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 12:46 AM) *
I agree with the Ortiz fight, but Gamboa will just be too small or shitty against anybody above 130 (if he wants to rush it). If Gamboa lands on Rios, I just see him laughing it off.

Gamboa's too small for anybody, though. He could be considered a little person laugh.gif.
iKeNjiro
Am I tripping, I thought Iread somewhere that Gamboa is willing to go up in weight to fight Rios?
or was that someone else?
sduck
Rios vs Maidana? I got my money on Rios. I'm actually expecting a very explosive good fight.
bnoles4life

Because of the bad blood

THAT would be the most entertaining Non-Mayweather 24/7!!!!!!!
Seek
This would be one hell of a fight. All out non stop war. Rios has a great shot of beating Maidana
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 18 2011, 01:41 AM) *
Gamboa's too small for anybody, though. He could be considered a little person laugh.gif.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (iKeNjiro @ Nov 18 2011, 05:16 AM) *
Am I tripping, I thought Iread somewhere that Gamboa is willing to go up in weight to fight Rios?
or was that someone else?

Looks like he's planning to move up to 130 real soon. A Rios fight would be a scretch, and the possibilty of him carrying that power up 2 weight classes and hanging with Rios is a bit of a stretch as well. if you look at it, at 135, Rios rehydrates to nearly a Jr. Middleweight, and he takes punches well.

If Gamboa moved up to 135, size would be a factor on fight night, because he would than like be outweighed by 10-12 pounds. Rios is ready for 140, so that would put Gamboa one more weight class in the hole.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 01:08 PM) *
laugh.gif

. A Rios fight would be a scretch, and the possibilty of him carrying that power up 2 weight classes and hanging with Rios is a bit of a stretch as well.

Well...there's this little guy from the P.I., who.......
pesticid
Gamboa will make Rios look pathetic. Rios is so slow and so skill-less I mean it's a good fight on paper that deserves a buzz but Rioz is not even a murderous puncher. He's a grind you down fighter who is more square than a ford truck. It's not about size, it's about talent and skills. Look at Pacman, Mayweather, Marquez. Marquez was small to fight at 130 and so was Eric at 135 and looka t them fighting at WW.
Seek
QUOTE (pesticid @ Nov 18 2011, 04:22 PM) *
Gamboa will make Rios look pathetic. Rios is so slow and so skill-less I mean it's a good fight on paper that deserves a buzz but Rioz is not even a murderous puncher. He's a grind you down fighter who is more square than a ford truck. It's not about size, it's about talent and skills. Look at Pacman, Mayweather, Marquez. Marquez was small to fight at 130 and so was Eric at 135 and looka t them fighting at WW.

Skill-less? He took Anthony Peterson to school, showing us he can box with patience and iq. He punked Acosta who is also a very skilled boxer. Gamboa make Rios look pathetic? Looks like you need to come back to reality
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 18 2011, 05:27 PM) *
Skill-less? He took Anthony Peterson to school, showing us he can box with patience and iq. He punked Acosta who is also a very skilled boxer. Gamboa make Rios look pathetic? Looks like you need to come back to reality

laugh.gif

Spot on!
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2011, 02:52 AM) *
THAT would be the most entertaining Non-Mayweather 24/7!!!!!!!

And they both speak english,
this fight would bring the bad out of both guys lol

Man I would pay for that fight
iKeNjiro
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 19 2011, 03:16 AM) *
Well...there's this little guy from the P.I., who.......

LMAO I was thinking the same thing about the little guy

Anywho

Should be a nice fight, but I'd prefer to see him vs Ortiz
I think it sells well, an a faceoff and 24/7
Wow can you picture a faceoff? trainers there too!
And a 24/7 man thats something I wanna see badly but both

have to keep winning to keep the interest level high
Cshel86
An Ortiz/Rios fight would be a big one...rios just needs to move up to 140 (like yesterday) and make some noise. The perfect noise to make would be this very fight...Rios/Maidana. He needs to grind it out with Maidana and make it to the finish line with a somewhat decisive victory, but just enough room to talk up a rematch...just to have something to fall back on.

If he gets past Maidana and one or two more guys with a name at 140, then he will have something to bring to the table for Ortiz. Right now, he's still a lightweight...a big lightweight, but still a lightweight. These dudes have history, and it aint all that good. I see Rios exposing Ortiz (as usual) in a Face-Off, and a possible 24/7...if this match-up warrants a PPV date.

All of the mess between Ortiz and Robert Garcia and Rios is enough material to make noise with. Though Ortiz blew it against Mayweather, he is still amongst a more lucractive selection of opponents, unlike Rios at the moment. So yes, Rios still has a little bit of work to do, before Ortiz even looks his way. Beating Maidana would definitely get the right people's attention for serious talks of Rios/Ortiz bout.
Allmenjoi8
I would also like a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Does that mean I will get it no.... but hey it is good to want!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 18 2011, 07:55 PM) *
I would also like a Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Does that mean I will get it no.... but hey it is good to want!

And you say Im sarcastic!? Wow! This fight would be great, and it does have a possibility of happening if windbag Arum doesn't have a wild hair up his ass. I must commend Oscar for being patient with Arum (or at least "appearing" to be), because pissing Bob off is quite an easy task. Do this, and we as fans wont get anything.
BoxingEinstein

Name this fight......"When Two Worlds Collide"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.