Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who's The Funniest Trainer?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
At this point, Im sure most of us agree that Roger Mayweather pretty much takes the cake with this one, but there are other trainers out there who male the most of the stage...especially during the fight. Name the trainer that just does it for you and totally cracks you up. If they aren't on the list, then name them and their moment in or out of the ring that just did it for you laugh.gif
checkleft
I got roger by a landslide. But there is this Mexican trainer, don't remember his name but he would say "pas pas pas!!!" The whole time his fighter was in the corner. Haha
Box in Hand
I just can't think of any trainer in boxing history funnier than Roger Mayweather. He spouts off more memorable classic lines than any of the rest.
Col Reb
The Mayweather trainers are the reason I tune in to 24/7. Love them! But the most i've laughed in the corner was when Yoel Judah was saying something like "Bip Bipppidy Boop" trying to get Zab focused in the corner.
Cshel86
Man I have to give all of these guys! I actually give it to Kevin Cunningham though. He's actually the one who makes me more excited about watching Alexander fight. He's wild as hell in that corner, and has been since his days with Cory Spinks laugh.gif

I specifically remember the Judah/Spinks fight where he constantly got in Spink's ass between rounds. The most recent moment was when he got pissed at the ref during the Alexander/Bradley fight after the headbutt caused a cut.

Cunningham: "Caused by a blow? Oh my God...this muthafuckin' ref full of shit!" laugh.gif Classic shit!

This had to be classic for me...after this round came to an end and Cunningham went the hell off!!! (at 0:44 laugh.gif)

Norman Stone was a head case, hands down! He never failed to disappoint!

Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 18 2011, 11:15 PM) *
I just can't think of any trainer in boxing history funnier than Roger Mayweather. He spouts off more memorable classic lines than any of the rest.

+1

QUOTE (Col Reb @ Nov 18 2011, 11:21 PM) *
The Mayweather trainers are the reason I tune in to 24/7. Love them! But the most i've laughed in the corner was when Yoel Judah was saying something like "Bip Bipppidy Boop" trying to get Zab focused in the corner.

Man Yoel used does it all the time! Especially when used to get pissed off and take his glasses off and yell at Zab! "C'mon Zab, you gotta do this! C'mon man, 1,2,3, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! Hard shots! C'mon Zab, you gotta give me this baby!" That "bipppidy boop" shit was wild! laugh.gif
bnoles4life
Wasn't Norman Stone John Ruiz's trainer? If so, that was the guy that Alton Merkenson (RJJ's trainer) gave a two piece to before their historic bout. LOL.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 18 2011, 11:41 PM) *
Wasn't Norman Stone John Ruiz's trainer? If so, that was the guy that Alton Merkenson (RJJ's trainer) gave a two piece to before their historic bout. LOL.

Yep! That was him! laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Man I have to give all of these guys! I actually give it to Kevin Cunningham though. He's actually the one who makes me more excited about watching Alexander fight. He's wild as hell in that corner, and has been since his days with Cory Spinks laugh.gif

I specifically remember the Judah/Spinks fight where he constantly got in Spink's ass between rounds. The most recent moment was when he got pissed at the ref during the Alexander/Bradley fight after the headbutt caused a cut.

Cunningham: "Caused by a blow? Oh my God...this muthafuckin' ref full of shit!" laugh.gif Classic shit!

This had to be classic for me...after this round came to an end and Cunningham went the hell off!!! (at 0:44 laugh.gif)

Norman Stone was a head case, hands down! He never failed to disappoint!

Norman Stone was crazy as shit. I haven't seen him since the Ruiz Jones fight and I'm not complaining.
Snoop
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 19 2011, 05:29 AM) *
Man Yoel used does it all the time! Especially when used to get pissed off and take his glasses off and yell at Zab! "C'mon Zab, you gotta do this! C'mon man, 1,2,3, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! Hard shots! C'mon Zab, you gotta give me this baby!" That "bipppidy boop" shit was wild! laugh.gif

I was always waiting for Yoel to accidentally hit Zab with one of those slaps.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 18 2011, 11:51 PM) *
Norman Stone was crazy as shit. I haven't seen him since the Ruiz Jones fight and I'm not complaining.

A dose of Norman wouldn't hurt the sport at all nowadays!

QUOTE (Snoop @ Nov 18 2011, 11:56 PM) *
I was always waiting for Yoel to accidentally hit Zab with one of those slaps.

laugh.gif

I never even looked at it like that, I just knew Zab was zoned out half the time when Yoel went on those wild ass rants between rounds laugh.gif
mrwigi
Hands down.. Roger Mayweather is the funniest man in boxing.. Brother Nassim has had some funny moments as well.. But Roger takes the cake. Its funny cuz I was watching ESPN and Skip Bayless made a comment about Pac and Mayweather and all i culd think about was Roger telling Skip "You dont know shit about boxing.
checkleft
Zab is always completely tuned out in the corner. Only god knows how good he would have been if he was on like ADD medication or something cause that guy had skills. Haha I think it was the cotto fight, that "bibbidy bop" line.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 19 2011, 12:57 AM) *
Zab is always completely tuned out in the corner. Only god knows how good he would have been if he was on like ADD medication or something cause that guy had skills. Haha I think it was the cotto fight, that "bibbidy bop" line.

Hahahaha!!! Yeah some Adderall would've done him some good. I watched Judah/Cotto last night as a matter of fact, and it was that fight and several others where the famous "bippidy bop" took place! laugh.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 18 2011, 11:29 PM) *

+1

And the water from his bottle be flying ever where as he is throwing combinations
leonthegee
Uncle Roger in a New York minute.
Cshel86

Im sure everybody remembers this! laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
Ann Wolfe. Because she is so freaking scary that it is actually funny. I would not want to be one of her fighters. Slavery ended in 1865 well that is if you weren't in Texas. I know they had to be pissed to find out 2 years later that they were free. Damn you Texas!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 19 2011, 05:29 PM) *
Ann Wolfe. Because she is so freaking scary that it is actually funny. I would not want to be one of her fighters. Slavery ended in 1865 well that is if you weren't in Texas. I know they had to be pissed to find out 2 years later that they were free. Damn you Texas!

Damn I need to add her on the list! I would hate to see that chick in the streets no2.gif especially if she's pissed off. She is funny as hell though...if you choose to look past her demeanor and see the humor in her. I find it funny when some people cuss (depending on how the do it), but hearing her cuss forces me to get my shit together just in case I see her or another tough chick in the streets laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

I would have to say between Yoel Judah and Roger Mayweather....Kevin Cunningham is a runner up. I remembe that classic line when they had the Alexander/Bradley face off and the trainers were mainly doing the talking...especially Cunningham.... "Get pissed off or get ready to be pissed on" LOL!!

But who remembers when Robert Garcia was talking to Rios in the corner of the Miguel Acosta fight. Robert was going off..he was so into what he wa saying in trying to get Brandon to finish off Acosta that he drunk the water out of the bottle that he was suppose to give to Brandon...and the funny thing is he let him go in that round with no water and was drinking sum more out the bottle....i thought that was hilarious...
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 21 2011, 05:38 PM) *
I would have to say between Yoel Judah and Roger Mayweather....Kevin Cunningham is a runner up. I remembe that classic line when they had the Alexander/Bradley face off and the trainers were mainly doing the talking...especially Cunningham.... "Get pissed off or get ready to be pissed on" LOL!!

But who remembers when Robert Garcia was talking to Rios in the corner of the Miguel Acosta fight. Robert was going off..he was so into what he wa saying in trying to get Brandon to finish off Acosta that he drunk the water out of the bottle that he was suppose to give to Brandon...and the funny thing is he let him go in that round with no water and was drinking sum more out the bottle....i thought that was hilarious...

Ha! Cunningham is my dude! I cant really picture him getting in Devon's ass the way he used do Spinks! Cory was hard at hearing and he always had that baby dinosaur look on his face that would've pissed anybody off laugh.gif "He tryin' to pull out yo play, into his bull-shit! You gone stand there and get caught with bullshit left hand? Man when you get on the inside, you better man handle 'em. This aint no fuckin' sparrin' session!"

How could I forget that Robert Garcia shit? laugh.gif ....left Brandon's ass thirsty as hell between rounds! I believe he was funnier in Margarito's corner during the Pacquiao fight! "C'mon you bastard! Ballsy! Ballsy! Last round Toney...LAST DAMN ROUND TONEY!"

How about Rudy Perez losing it against Maidana in the Morales fight? C'monnn, he doesn't see! He can't see you! Now, now, now, let's go out there and kick tha shit outta this guyyyy!" laugh.gif
ReefLegend
You Guys forgetting about Teddy Atlas? Sitting on Micheal Moorer's stool during the Holyfield fight and asking him.."Do you want me to take over."
Tha Docta
im not sure who Eric Morales's trainer is, but it was translated by Ray Torres in between rounds to "poor some water on his balls". i think it was one of the manny paq fights
streetlion1
Roger Mayweather....I cant recall one time where he really gave Floyd strategic advice lol...."just keep doin what your doin" "he aint doin shit anyway" "let the bitch get tired a lil bit".

I really believe Floyd trains himself and Roger just does the mitts with him lol.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.