Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Next GreatHeavy Weight - Eddie Chambers, Tyson Fury, Seth Mitchell?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cheesey1
I thought that the topic of heavyweight deserved a new thread, separate from the one that was started re. the Filipino Torch.
Seth Mitchell is getting press and I've only seen him on TV once (I could check on YouTube, but again too lazy) and he looked promising, but very raw. First thing that came to mind was that he would be schooled by a more experienced heavyweight that could make the fight go the distance. After he gets a few more fights he might be the real deal.

Maybe Eddie Chambers, but just how tough is he?

Tyson Fury - possibly? He did teach Derek Chisora what boxing's all about and suposedly looked good last month (or whenever he last fought)

I still haven't watched any of Amir Mansour's fights, but maybe that's another promising heavyweight?
Cheesey1
Damn I can't hear myself think over the crickets in here....is this thing on.....wait is it because I said "heavyweight?....."
Cheesey1
Haha, this is like I'm voting for myself in some sort of election. FightHype, please put this thread out of its misery by taking it down.

Thanks.
Cshel86
We all know Heavyweights aren't really making all that much noise nowadays laugh.gif At this point, I would probably lean more towards Tyson Fury...just based off his popularity and name being thrown around. Seth Mitchell appears to be neck-at-neck with him, but I feel his defense is a bit suspect and may cause him some shit down the line.

Eddie Chambers has been suspect to me for a while, so I feel that he's hardly worth mentioning. He is pretty close friends with Arreola, whose done himself no favors in the past by being out of shape half the time, so he's basically a floater waiting to be flushed laugh.gif
mgrover
see its sad that these names are the next greats. am curious how amir mansour will do, but theres a lot of fighters that say yeah am from the olden days, am hardcore, old school this, that, but can they actually box and beat the klits i dont see it.
BlueMercury
Eddie if he can beat top American heavy's like Tony Thompson of Chris Arreola. Guess someone better ask his promoter, cause they are all under the same promotional banner
Warlord
Don't worry about the lack of responses dude, it isn't because you suck or your topic sucks, it's just that right now most of the (cool) posters that used to frequent this site are MIA. Maybe some new ones will come along in the future, maybe not.

As for your question, none of these dudes are the next great heavyweight.

It's sad, really. boxing fans are desperate for good fights, and MMA has a ton of them going on right now. Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson was an absolute war, and one of the greatest fights in the history of combat sports. I got brain damage just watching it. But a ton of boxing fans refuse to even acknowledge MMA, and just walk around making butt-hurt, jealous girlfriend type comments on a sport they've never even looked at.

I love both sports and hope some of you guys will open your scope just a little bit, because while you're holding out for a great fighter somewhere, somehow, you could be getting your fix somewhere else. But whatever.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 21 2011, 06:58 PM) *
We all know Heavyweights aren't really making all that much noise nowadays laugh.gif At this point, I would probably lean more towards Tyson Fury...just based off his popularity and name being thrown around. Seth Mitchell appears to be neck-at-neck with him, but I feel his defense is a bit suspect and may cause him some shit down the line.

Eddie Chambers has been suspect to me for a while, so I feel that he's hardly worth mentioning. He is pretty close friends with Arreola, whose done himself no favors in the past by being out of shape half the time, so he's basically a floater waiting to be flushed laugh.gif

I watched the Tyson Fury/ Chisora bout and even though Chisora is a few steps away from being a bum, I did like the way that Fury showed that intelligent boxing with heart (and mean intentions) is what every boxer should try to achieve because you can win that way. So out of my shit list ("shit" as in the boxers on that list probably won't be in the boxing hall of fame...), I'd agree with you that he and Mitchell are probably neck and neck in terms of potential.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Nov 22 2011, 05:00 AM) *
Don't worry about the lack of responses dude, it isn't because you suck or your topic sucks, it's just that right now most of the (cool) posters that used to frequent this site are MIA. Maybe some new ones will come along in the future, maybe not.

As for your question, none of these dudes are the next great heavyweight.

It's sad, really. boxing fans are desperate for good fights, and MMA has a ton of them going on right now. Shogun Rua vs. Dan Henderson was an absolute war, and one of the greatest fights in the history of combat sports. I got brain damage just watching it. But a ton of boxing fans refuse to even acknowledge MMA, and just walk around making butt-hurt, jealous girlfriend type comments on a sport they've never even looked at.

I love both sports and hope some of you guys will open your scope just a little bit, because while you're holding out for a great fighter somewhere, somehow, you could be getting your fix somewhere else. But whatever.

Thanks and yeah maybe using the word "great" in my topic was a bit misguided.
I'm glad that mma is doing well, I think that the pie is big enough for both sports, but I just don't appreciate mma the way that I appreciate boxing. That obviously doesn't mean that mma is in any way a lesser sport, it just doesn't appeal to my sensibilities.
As far as boxing, I'm not one of the boxing fans that feels that there aren't any good matches out there. I watch almost all of the weight classes and I've been very happy with 2011 and I'm definitely looking forward to what's left for the rest of the year. I'm probably looking forward to the Andre Ward / Carl Froch bout the most and we'll start off the year with the rematch of rematches, Berto vs. Ortiz with OSDT FTW!
Of course the Cotto/Margarito fight will be worth watching too. Saturday's card - Alvarez vs. Cintron is also going to be fun (well not for whoever gets his ass kicked...) and the very promising Adrian Broner and Gary Russell are on the undercard.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 21 2011, 09:31 PM) *
see its sad that these names are the next greats. am curious how amir mansour will do, but theres a lot of fighters that say yeah am from the olden days, am hardcore, old school this, that, but can they actually box and beat the klits i dont see it.

I think that I'll finally check out some of his fights on youtube, I've been relying on FighHype's opinion of the guy.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (BlueMercury @ Nov 22 2011, 02:51 AM) *
Eddie if he can beat top American heavy's like Tony Thompson of Chris Arreola. Guess someone better ask his promoter, cause they are all under the same promotional banner

I like "Fast" Eddie because technically he's solid, but I just don't see him being beating either Fury, or Mitchell (once Mitchell gts a few more professional rounds under his belt and Fury too, but relatively speaking he's more seasoned than Mitchell). I left Arreola off that list on purpose, I think that he's a bum. Tony Thompson, career's winding down, so not a contender.
JLUVBABY
no mention of robert helenius here?... wow... IF there is anybody that will come along and be able to beats the klits its that guy... the nordic nightmare... if he loses he will lose better than any of the other no hopers till this point... with that jluv is out.....
Cheesey1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Nov 25 2011, 10:29 PM) *
no mention of robert helenius here?... wow... IF there is anybody that will come along and be able to beats the klits its that guy... the nordic nightmare... if he loses he will lose better than any of the other no hopers till this point... with that jluv is out.....

The Nordic Nightmare hasn't registered with me (apart from the cool nickname) because I don't think that he's fought anyone whose face isn't on the front of a tin of tomatoes (Samuel Peter has been living in The Land of Wasted Opportunities for several years now and officially became a a bum a while ago).
Obviolusly Seth Mitchell hasn't fought anybody, but for me Seth Mitchell's physical ability might be turned into something very potent in the boxing ring. I think that Tyson Fury did fight a live opponent in Dereck Chisora, who he outboxed and straight up beat. I also think that Eddie Chambers' experience and ability would triumph over the Nordic Nightmare.
To be fair, I've only watched a few rounds of Helenius and wasn't impressed, but as I said, I haven't watched a whole fight of his, let alone a few of them, so maybe I'm missing something.
Also, I'm not comparing any of these guys to the Klitschkos, I'm thinking about the post Klitschko-era.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.