Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has a Lederman card ever been right?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Has Lederman's cards ever been right? If so can you name the fights he has been some what accurate because he is always, and I mean always off. And his daughter is a judge talk about nepotism
mgrover
probably the times when pacman dominated and there was no other outcome but that score card, but a lot of the time am pretty fucking suspicious, maybe his retirement fund isn't what it could be and arum could be "donating"?
checkleft
Yea, in the marquez fight he kept coming up with bs just to give him rounds. How is he effectively aggressive when he's getting countered all night and how is he displaying ring generalship when he's getting turned and stepped on all night?
kingknockout
laugh.gif "okay jim"
Cshel86
The only time I even depend on a Lederman card is when I've had too much to drink and missed too much action, thats it.
BlueMercury
bnoles4life
Lederman is about as competent as Letterman. Check it:

He gave the last 4 rounds to Pac in Pac/JMM III

He gave the last 4 rounds to Pac in Pac/JMM II

Suffice to say, Lederman don't know "pac" shit! fuck.gif

Oh yeah...I almost forgot: "Jim, I gotta tell ya....."
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 22 2011, 01:21 AM) *
The only time I even depend on a Lederman card is when I've had too much to drink and missed too much action, thats it.

You should never drink that much. Ever. You better give thanks for still having a functional liver.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 22 2011, 07:25 AM) *
He gave the last 4 rounds to Pac in Pac/JMM III

He gave the last 4 rounds to Pac in Pac/JMM II

Shining example of why his card sucks complete ass!

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 22 2011, 08:54 AM) *
You should never drink that much. Ever. You better give thanks for still having a functional liver.

Says the person who was praying for another "functioning liver day" during homecoming weekend, just to be able to drink more laugh.gif A few drinks knock the jitters off when you're watching contact sports! Thats a known fact...
mrwigi
Lmao. Jim i gotta tell ya
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 22 2011, 09:03 AM) *
Shining example of why his card sucks complete ass!

Says the person who was praying for another "functioning liver day" during homecoming weekend, just to be able to drink more laugh.gif A few drinks knock the jitters off when you're watching contact sports! Thats a known fact...

laugh.gif okay okay. My liver did hold out by the way and that was a low blow! But it is all good. We will both go to AA together.... well not true I am not a quitter!!!

Back to boxing... Lederman is as great as a judge as Roseann Bar is a great sprinter.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 22 2011, 09:54 AM) *
laugh.gif okay okay. My liver did hold out by the way and that was a low blow! But it is all good. We will both go to AA together.... well not true I am not a quitter!!!

Back to boxing... Lederman is as great as a judge as Roseann Bar is a great sprinter.

laugh.gif

I dont know what Lederman sips between rounds, but those cards are way off sometimes. His idea of ring generalship just baffles me to say the least. He was blowing his load about Manny Pacquiao displaying ring generalship in his last fight, but when was he "effectively" controlling the fight?

Lederman killed me in the Morales/Pacquiao 1 fight when he was just making up shit. He had Morales behind in the 4th round and said that everytime Pacquiao hits him, Morales just "goes nuts" and loses control. WTF???
Sunni6Killer
Is his daughter as bad as him?
Warlord
Been a billion years since I watched it, but I think his card for the Gay La Hoya/Vargas fight was okay.
wolterb
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 22 2011, 10:18 AM) *
laugh.gif

I dont know what Lederman sips between rounds, but those cards are way off sometimes. His idea of ring generalship just baffles me to say the least. He was blowing his load about Manny Pacquiao displaying ring generalship in his last fight, but when was he "effectively" controlling the fight?

Lederman killed me in the Morales/Pacquiao 1 fight when he was just making up shit. He had Morales behind in the 4th round and said that everytime Pacquiao hits him, Morales just "goes nuts" and loses control. WTF???

rofl...lederman disease is when you know boxing but are vulnerable to picking favorites.
i love that first morales pacquiao fight, though
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Nov 22 2011, 10:39 AM) *
Is his daughter as bad as him?

Actually, Julie is pretty freak'n good.....to quote Juvenile, "She get it from her mama!"
bnoles4life
QUOTE (wolterb @ Nov 22 2011, 02:37 PM) *
rofl...lederman disease is when you know boxing but are vulnerable to picking favorites.
i love that first morales pacquiao fight, though

Niiiiiiice!!!!
Cshel86
Julie Lederman usually does a great job...maybe because she is three times as young as her ancient old man Shrek Lederman!
Jack 1000
When you look at all the years Harold's been a judge, I think he still does a decent job. But when he is off, he is SO OFF that it is not even funny! He had Leonard-Hearns II a draw, just like the judges did. Hearns won that fight by 2-5 points. The two knockdowns should have sealed the deal. In contrast, he and I are the only people that saw Williams-Quintana I as a close victory for Williams and we also agreed round for round on all rounds for Mayweather-Castillo II, which Harold scored for Floyd, 115-113. We swapped round 4 only, and because of that, I had it a 114-114 draw.

I think Harold actually gets it right more than he gets it wrong, but I cannot accept neither his, nor the judges 116-112 Pacquiao score in Pacquiao-Marquez II. I think he has gotten it wrong more in recent years so it might be due to limited eyesight because of aging. And I thought Harold was terrible in Morales-Barrera I. I would have had Barrera by a point, but did not count the last round as a two point 10-8 round, because Mitch Halpern called a knockdown that never should have been. Harold had something like 117-110 for Barrera, can't remember exactly, but it was like a six to seven point lead, and I was like, "NO!" I mean he treated Morales like he wasn't even there! His wide margin for Barrera was worse than Dalby Shirly's 115-112 card for Morales. That fight was too close and classic for it to be anything but a draw to a one point edge for either boxer.

And than there are times when Harold can be fair too. We both had Schultz beating Foreman. He had it 117-111 for Schultz. I had it 116-112 for Schultz. The judges were so bad, they gave Foreman a majority decision! Or even Holyfield-Lewis I, perhaps the biggest robbery in boxing. Harold had it 117-111 for Lennox, I had it 116-112 for Lennox. That split decision for Holyfield was just sickening. And Eugenia Williams scoring 115-113 for Holyfield, and giving Evander round 5, when Lewis had him almost KO'd makes any supposed bad card by Harold seem OK. I could list many terrible verdicts that are more off than Harold on a bad night. I mean, I even have those two minority verdicts (Williams-Quintana I, and Mayweather-Castillo II.) We differ on that, but we agree that Castillo was robbed in the first fight.

I actually hate the punchstats the worst. Those should go before Harold. Daughter Julie does a great job. I don't recall her ever having a bad card.

Jack
thisneverworks
...including the-12th-and-final-round...JIM.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.