Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@10:30(ET)/7:30 (PT)-Alverez vs. Cintron (SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Cshel86
On HBO Tonight Saturday November 26, 2011@ 10:30PM(ET)/7:30PM (PT) SPOILERS WILL BE INSIDE THIS THREAD ABOUT 15 Mins after the start time.

KEEP ALL COMMENTS IN THIS THREAD!

Im actually ready for this one, being the fact that the Chavez/Manfredo bout wasn't a complete letdown. It should've been a triple-header, but what can we do? Canelo will have his hands full this weekend though, regardless of Cintron's mean streak of stinkers as of late. Just when you decide to pull the plug on Cintron, he pulls off an upset...like he did in his fight with Angulo. When Cintron makes the most of his height and works behind his jab, its hardly an easy night for his opponent...even if some form of "unknown tragic stunt" happens during the fight laugh.gif

I believe this is Broner's first title shot in his hometown against Vicente Rodriguez, who has a decent record (34-2-0 19KO) on paper...hopefully he isn't being fed to Broner, but thats what it looks like (we know how this goes). Hopefully this can top the Thanksgiving Weekend Triple-Header last year, which was great...aside from the sacrificial lamb (Freddy Hernandez) being fed to Berto. Litzau had a great night against Caballero, and JMM and Katsidis clashed! Again, I hope this one tops last year's!

Thoughts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 20 2011, 10:47 PM) *
Im actually ready for this one, being the fact that the Chavez/Manfredo bout wasn't a complete letdown. It should've been a triple-header, but what can we do? Canelo will have his hands full this weekend though, regardless of Cintron's mean streak of stinkers as of late. Just when you decide to pull the plug on Cintron, he pulls off an upset...like he did in his fight with Angulo. When Cintron makes the most of his height and works behind his jab, its hardly an easy night for his opponent...even if some form of "unknown tragic stunt" happens during the fight laugh.gif

I believe this is Broner's first title shot in his hometown against Vicente Rodriguez, who has a decent record (34-2-0 19KO) on paper...hopefully he isn't being fed to Broner, but thats what it looks like (we know how this goes). Hopefully this can top the Thanksgiving Weekend Triple-Header last year, which was great...aside from the sacrificial lamb (Freddy Hernandez) being fed to Berto. Litzau had a great night against Caballero, and JMM and Katsidis clashed! Again, I hope this one tops last year's!

Thoughts?

I dunno...not to be cynical, but Cintron is a bit like the Palestinians, in that neither ever misses an opportunity to MISS an opportunity.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 20 2011, 11:01 PM) *
I dunno...not to be cynical, but Cintron is a bit like the Palestinians, in that neither ever misses an opportunity to MISS an opportunity.

Hahahaha!!! Dammit man! I actually give him some type of shot, only if he isn't willing to donate his chin to the "Canelo's Power and Research for the Defensively Challenged Fighter Fund". dntknw.gif
mrchitown
I'm looking forward to it. I'm a fan of Broner's and I think he has a great career ahead of him if he stays focused. I expect the Canelo-Cintron fight to be somewhat entertaining. I wonder how Golden Boy would respond to an upset by Cintron? I just hope Cintron brings his best and makes it a good scrap. The only thing that disappoints me is that it won't be a triple header as originally planned. I'm a fan of Gary Russel jr.'s also and was looking forward to his fight being televised. However I heard they will show highlights of his bout on HBO
checkleft
Broner has major upside, he looks like he could be a future money maker for gbp. The Canelo fight is alright but I think its gonna be ugly. Kermit is not exactly the best dance partner

It looks like a good card tho
Genius
Its Canelo first real test, Cintron has been poop lately but I hope he let's his hands go more with power instead of pigeon punching as of late. Broner is the guy id really like to see Gamboa fight, would be the battle of cocky fighters.
DubC
I like Broner, want to see him take a step up though...I know he is young, but ready to see him fight someone with legitimate credentials...Off the top of my head there isn't much to be had at Super FW...Without moving up he pretty much has to fight some random guy at SFW, or hope someone is willing to move up...

He murdered Litzau, how about taking on Caballero next (if he is willing to move up)?? Would be a BIG step up imo, but with Gamboa planning to move up pretty soon he needs the competition to get ready for the challenge...
BoxingFan86
I'm interested in seein' these fights as well. Alvarez keeps me on my toes, 'cause he moves so swift to be as big as he is. I want to see what he's added to his boxin' arsenal. Both fights should be excitin', but I wanna see how Broner is gon' hold up in his next fight. He reminds me of a young FMJ. They share the same defensive style (Broner's defense is still a work in progress, FMJ is the master of it), they share the same cocky attitude, etc... Even though his defense is similar to Floyd's, I've noticed a major flaw in it. He keeps his left hand way too low. If his opponent times him just right, it could be lights out. Also, Broner's offense is somewhat similar to Floyd's (I say this loosely), but he's not as precise. Again, he's a work in progress. It should be another good night for boxin'.
kingknockout
Cintron is half way out the door far as boxing goes.....dude must have a heck of a promoter to still be getting fights,

I don't hate him as a fighter, but i'm not a fan either, everytime I've heard something about him somebody done beat him down or he has done something wild to end a fight lol.

wasn't it a fighter that beat him up something serious back here? wasn't it cotto? or marg?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (kingknockout @ Nov 21 2011, 09:40 AM) *
Cintron is half way out the door far as boxing goes.....dude must have a heck of a promoter to still be getting fights,

I don't hate him as a fighter, but i'm not a fan either, everytime I've heard something about him somebody done beat him down or he has done something wild to end a fight lol.

wasn't it a fighter that beat him up something serious back here? wasn't it cotto? or marg?

It was Margs...folded Cintron up...however, knowing what we know about Margs......
Genius
Margs or no Margs, there's no excuse for diving into the audience in the Pwills fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Nov 21 2011, 04:00 AM) *
Even though his defense is similar to Floyd's, I've noticed a major flaw in it. He keeps his left hand way too low. If his opponent times him just right, it could be lights out. Also, Broner's offense is somewhat similar to Floyd's (I say this loosely), but he's not as precise. Again, he's a work in progress. It should be another good night for boxin'.

+1

Broner comes off as a major cunt to me, but he's quite an entertaining cunt, so I cant argue with that. I agree that he has a few dents in his fight game, but I also he's also convinced me that he's 1 1/2 to 2 steps ahead of his competition.

QUOTE (kingknockout @ Nov 21 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Whatever's going on with his manager and promoter, its sure as hell working...as we all see. Cintron's actually considered a decent threat and somewhat credible opposition, but getting that dude to focus is another subject thats far beyond me at this point no2.gif

QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 21 2011, 10:12 AM) *
It was Margs...folded Cintron up...however, knowing what we know about Margs......

I honestly have reason to believe that it woud've been the same result, both times. Cintron was fighting Toney's fight and was a sucker for those body shots and uppercuts on the inside. He had several chances to back Margarito up, but chose to make it a phone booth fight and ended up being the victim. He also failed to listen to Steward when he was instructed to work behind his jab. That plaster in the second fight did bend him over though! laugh.gif
Sunni6Killer
Cintron will start strong, then fade after he realizes he can't put Cinnamon away.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Sunni6Killer @ Nov 24 2011, 04:23 PM) *
Cintron will start strong, then fade after he realizes he can't put Cinnamon away.

God I pray that you're wrong, but it sounds kinda spot on to me. Im just hoping that Cintron proves us wrong, and makes it a fight.
Cshel86

Both of them weighed in at 154 lbs...
checkleft
pretty excited for this card. especially the broner fight
Jack 1000
For all comments, action, and post-fight reactions to tonight's HBO card. Keep everything in this thread.

Jack

Administrator
Cshel86
Cintron by upset tonight? Anyone? Am I the only one? dntknw.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 03:55 PM) *

Im witcha....

I got a funny feeling... thing is cintron ain't gonna lay down for no one
Jack 1000
The optional WBC 4th and 8th round Open Scoring is likely to be in effect tonight. It is in Mexico. How will this affect the outcome of the fight?

Jack
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 26 2011, 03:15 PM) *
Im witcha....

Well,

I don't know. He did leap frog out of the ring against Williams. I honestly think he was looking for an easy way out with a technical win in that fight, and did not get it. (Thankfully.) The fact that he broke down and cried against Margarito shows that he could pull a quit job in a pressure situation. I think "The Frog" is shot. He is being fed to Alverez for what the powers that be, see as an easy payday.

Jack
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 26 2011, 04:15 PM) *

Yeah that funny feeling led me to believe tonight may be an upset...definitely not on the cards (as Jack mentioned). If Cintron wins on the cards, it will have to be one of those Hopkins/Pavlik beatings for the judges to actually accept the fact that Alvarez came up short. Cintron is one of those guys though...when you pull for him, he screws up...but when you almost want to turn your back on it...he finds a way to pull it off.

QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Nov 26 2011, 04:32 PM) *
Well,

I don't know. He did leap frog out of the ring against Williams. I honestly think he was looking for an easy way out with a technical win in that fight, and did not get it. (Thankfully.) The fact that he broke down and cried against Margarito shows that he could pull a quit job in a pressure situation. I think "The Frog" is shot. He is being fed to Alverez for what the powers that be, see as an easy payday.

Jack

The Frog!? Hahahaha!!! Cintron was actually landing a bit in the Williams fight...just a little bit though. Though his rib cage was a sucker for Margarito's body punches, Im almost convinced that plaster played a part in that...otherwise, he would've been KO'd later in the fight laugh.gif I hope Alvarez is in a humble state of mind tonight, because going in there knowing that this guy will lay down, is no way of doing it. We see how Kirkland was supposed to be fed to Angulo, and how that shit turned out laugh.gif
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 05:03 PM) *
Yeah that funny feeling led me to believe tonight may be an upset...definitely not on the cards (as Jack mentioned). If Cintron wins on the cards, it will have to be one of those Hopkins/Pavlik beatings for the judges to actually accept the fact that Alvarez came up short. Cintron is one of those guys though...when you pull for him, he screws up...but when you almost want to turn your back on it...he finds a way to pull it off.

The Frog!? Hahahaha!!! Cintron was actually landing a bit in the Williams fight...just a little bit though. Though his rib cage was a sucker for Margarito's body punches, Im almost convinced that plaster played a part in that...otherwise, he would've been KO'd later in the fight laugh.gif I hope Alvarez is in a humble state of mind tonight, because going in there knowing that this guy will lay down, is no way of doing it. We see how Kirkland was supposed to be fed to Angulo, and how that shit turned out laugh.gif

Yeah that's what I mean by that 'funny' feeling...

Everything on paper is in Canelo's corner.. but with the exception of punching power..

With the optional scoring this should be interesting....
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Nov 26 2011, 05:15 PM) *
Yeah that's what I mean by that 'funny' feeling...

Everything on paper is in Canelo's corner.. but with the exception of punching power..

With the optional scoring this should be interesting....

Yep! Im looking for an upset tonight! To hell with watching to see how good Canelo's lackluster opponents will make him look! He's fighting a guy that has the ability to totally screw up the fight an make an ass of himself, or he can pull off an upset. Upset! Upset! Upset!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 05:27 PM) *
Yep! Im looking for an upset tonight! To hell with watching to see how good Canelo's lackluster opponents will make him look! He's fighting a guy that has the ability to totally screw up the fight an make an ass of himself, or he can pull off an upset. Upset! Upset! Upset!

Lmao!!..

Upset upset upset!.. hahaha

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 02:55 PM) *

Nah Cintron got the heart of a teenage butterfly. Gimme Alvarez by decapitation.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 26 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Nah Cintron got the heart of a teenage butterfly. Gimme Alvarez by decapitation.

UP-SET! UP-SET! UP-SET!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh yeah...fuck Bob Papa! Such a fuckin' square! Sounds like the "man-crushes" are in full swing laugh.gif
Cshel86
Is Frank Graza drunk???

Good first round for Broner.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 09:34 PM) *
UP-SET! UP-SET! UP-SET!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh yeah...fuck Bob Papa! Such a fuckin' square! Sounds like the "man-crushes" are in full swing laugh.gif

LOL...nothing would make me smile more but Cintron ain't upsetting nobody but his parents for giving birth to a sucka.
Cshel86
Is it me, or is Rodriguez catching Broner a bit? dntknw.gif
Box in Hand
Look at Broner who is handled by Al Haymon fighting like Floyd Mayweather.
Cshel86
Damn that was nasty!
Box in Hand
Rodriguez went to la la land. Good showing by Broner but to fight like Mayweather takes a lifetime. Better clean up that hole son cause your open for right hands.
BigFightFan
Great kO!!! Bronner has potential, he should do well with Al Haymon managing him
Cheesey1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 10:49 PM) *
Damn that was nasty!

It's funny 'cause Adrian Broner was connecting with the uppercut and somebody had a thread on the uppercut recently. Well looks like it isn't a lost art. Nicely done by Adrian Broner.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 26 2011, 10:51 PM) *
Rodriguez went to la la land. Good showing by Broner but to fight like Mayweather takes a lifetime. Better clean up that hole son cause your open for right hands.

Thought I was the only one that peeped that. Great fight though! Whats up with this idiot asking for somebody to brush his hair? Ha! laugh.gif He's still a cunt though! Lol

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Nov 26 2011, 10:53 PM) *
It's funny 'cause Adrian Broner was connecting with the uppercut and somebody had a thread on the uppercut recently. Well looks like it isn't a lost art. Nicely done by Adrian Broner.

+1
Box in Hand
Mayweather's at the fight. Wonder if he's scoping out Alvarez??
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Thought I was the only one that peeped that. Great fight though! Whats up with this idiot asking for somebody to brush his hair? Ha! laugh.gif He's still a cunt though! Lol

+1

He asked someone to brush his hair??? Wow, didn't catch that one. He loses about a dozen cool points behind that mess.
Cshel86
Man that Gary Russell KO was sick!
BigFightFan
Another kO!!!!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Nov 26 2011, 11:00 PM) *
He asked someone to brush his hair??? Wow, didn't catch that one. He loses about a dozen cool points behind that mess.

Hahahaha!!! It was funny though! The whole interview was funny as hell! laugh.gif
Genius
Broner and Gamboa is the fight I wanna see.
Cshel86
Uh oh...here comes Canelo with this Jafar outfit on laugh.gif
Genius
Ric Flairish lol
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 26 2011, 10:05 PM) *
Hahahaha!!! It was funny though! The whole interview was funny as hell! laugh.gif

Sure was, saying Broner is an entertainer or a very confident fighter is an understatement. He and Russel jr put on a good performance. Good upside for both fighters
Box in Hand
I need me some of them Corona girls. I got four kids and looking to make some more nam saying?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Genius @ Nov 26 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Ric Flairish lol

Hahahaha!!!

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Nov 26 2011, 11:15 PM) *
Sure was, saying Broner is an entertainer or a very confident fighter is an understatement. He and Russel jr put on a good performance. Good upside for both fighters

+1

***Man waiting for this Canelo fight to get started, makes me check to be sure I didn't order this shit! Feels like a PPV, as long as they're taking...
Box in Hand
Weak round, gave it to Cintron based on activity.
BigFightFan
Cintron doesn't look fast enough to win a slugfest. He needs to box and look to counter when Canelo attacks
Cshel86
Alvarez took the first round...touched Cintron a few times and the bitch didn't fire back. Woopty Doo Cintron! no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.