Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canelo vs Cotto\Marg winner
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
DubC
THOUGHTS?

gbh32001
Good test for him, he can win against both fighter since they're already a spent force. Did he not call out Floyd? Floyd will be happy to dodge and duck Canelo's punch and get his check unscath.
checkleft
Personally I think gbp should go after cotto since I've been hearing his contracts up with arum. He and Canelo will do huge numbers, he is beatable, and this is a much better match up than cotto chavez. Idk what arum was thinking the dude is a Damn near super middle weight on fight night and hes about 6 feet tall. Cotto is like 5"7

Plus arum is scum and cotto is fun to watch. I hate to see him getting pimped out

Plus gbp could set him up with angulo Cintron kirkland or victor ortiz who should definitely think about moving up if a shot at Canelo or cotto appears.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Nov 27 2011, 01:20 AM) *
Good test for him, he can win against both fighter since they're already a spent force. Did he not call out Floyd? Floyd will be happy to dodge and duck Canelo's punch and get his check unscath.

Canelo definitely called out Floyd. He said he wants Floyd in May. I don't know if the fight will materialize or not, but I wouldn't mind watchin' it.
Cheesey1
QUOTE (DubC @ Nov 27 2011, 12:01 AM) *
THOUGHTS?

They could make a lot of good bouts for Canelo next, that division is full of very good and very entertaining boxers, but yeah I'd watch him vs. either Cotto, or Margarito.
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Nov 27 2011, 06:08 AM) *
Personally I think gbp should go after cotto since I've been hearing his contracts up with arum. He and Canelo will do huge numbers, he is beatable, and this is a much better match up than cotto chavez. Idk what arum was thinking the dude is a Damn near super middle weight on fight night and hes about 6 feet tall. Cotto is like 5"7

Plus arum is scum and cotto is fun to watch. I hate to see him getting pimped out

Plus gbp could set him up with angulo Cintron kirkland or victor ortiz who should definitely think about moving up if a shot at Canelo or cotto appears.

Absolutely right! In my opinion, Chavez is too damn big for Cotto and Canelo. Chavez as a Super Middleweight on fight night!? More like being closer to a cruiserweight no2.gif

Since Margarito may be Cotto's last fight under the TR banner, and if he doesn't decide to extend his contract, then Arum may find a way to fuck Cotto. I say this because I believe he's coming close to the end of his contract, but I dont think this is his last fight yet.
PColeman28
I'm liking the idea of Cotto vs Canelo also, it's a better match up than JCC jr right now as far as size is concerned. idk if canelo is ready for a mega fight just yet, so fighting cotto will be a good test to see if he's even in the ball park.....
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Nov 27 2011, 03:41 PM) *
I'm liking the idea of Cotto vs Canelo also, it's a better match up than JCC jr right now as far as size is concerned. idk if canelo is ready for a mega fight just yet, so fighting cotto will be a good test to see if he's even in the ball park.....

I agreed, until you said that Canelo's not ready for a megafight, and yes, a Cotto fight would be a good test. Dude sells out Mexican arenas between 10-12k seats and he sells crazy at the Staples Center.

He's knocked out just about everybody thats been put infront of him in the lasy year and a half. Then, he's champ at 154. So no, he may not be quite ready for a megafight, but his credentials are screaming for one! Hell, this guy has fought 4 times this year alone, so he can do the same next year and confidently claim that he's ready for a mega fight.

He could very well have a few tests next year be ready for a big payday...just by his volumes of fights in a 12-month timespan. Im not sure Arum would put Cotto out there like that just yet, and besides, we still have to see what Cotto does with Margarito with this weekend...or the other way around.
mrchitown
I'd like to see a matchup between Canelo and either one of these fighters. Although I'd like to see him in there with JCC jr, this would be a good step up in competition for Canelo and I definitely think he gets pushed in a bout between himself and the Winner of the Cotto/Margarito fight
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 27 2011, 06:47 PM) *
I agreed, until you said that Canelo's not ready for a megafight, and yes, a Cotto fight would be a good test. Dude sells out Mexican arenas between 10-12k seats and he sells crazy at the Staples Center.

He's knocked out just about everybody thats been put infront of him in the lasy year and a half. Then, he's champ at 154. So no, he may not be quite ready for a megafight, but his credentials are screaming for one! Hell, this guy has fought 4 times this year alone, so he can do the same next year and confidently claim that he's ready for a mega fight.

He could very well have a few tests next year be ready for a big payday...just by his volumes of fights in a 12-month timespan. Im not sure Arum would put Cotto out there like that just yet, and besides, we still have to see what Cotto does with Margarito with this weekend...or the other way around.

I'm lmao @ that gravytrain quote in your signature. That shit is classic!
BoxingStill#1
Again... as I said in the previous thread,. Canelo should fight the loser,..

Though should Cotto (doubtfully) win next weekend, idk how I feel about Margs getting a 3rd title shot in a row after being caught cheating.. just not right in my book.. idk

But on the other hand a unification between Canelo and Cotto would be great...

Im also sure Arum wouldn't mind cashin in on Cotto's last fight..
PColeman28
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 27 2011, 03:47 PM) *

He does have the credentials for it, undefeated young WBC world champ, fast, powerful. He's a great boxer. He has the fan base. I think for him to Compete he needs to get in there and unify the belts with the cotto marg winner, then I think he'll as ready as ever to go to the next level.....
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Nov 27 2011, 10:37 PM) *
I think for him to Compete he needs to get in there and unify the belts with the cotto marg winner, then I think he'll as ready as ever to go to the next level.....

Ahhhh...now Im clear!
PColeman28
LoL fosho.....
Cshel86
Canelo will find himself up shit creek when his punches does little-to-nothing to Margarito, but he would have better luck hurting Cotto instead. We will have to see where Cotto is and how much he has left in the tank after this upcoming fight with Margarito, then I can make a logical assessment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.