Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweathers Logic
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2
mgrover
By his logic since Pacman lost to Marquez 3 times, then Mayweathers lost to Castillo at least once wink.gif This is all from the video on the front, he's counting losses that Pacman never sustained with the judges, I'll admit the last fight with Marquez was a motherfucking gift, but he's already counting another two losses? Now let the hate pour...
Seek
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 01:06 PM) *
By his logic since Pacman lost to Marquez 3 times, then Mayweathers lost to Castillo at least once wink.gif This is all from the video on the front, he's counting losses that Pacman never sustained with the judges, I'll admit the last fight with Marquez was a motherfucking gift, but he's already counting another two losses? Now let the hate pour...

He's just talking shit. Who really cares? Lol
RyanTical
That's Floyd being Floyd-- he's building hype for his next fight. He knows Bob Arum won't allow Pacquiao to sign on the dotted line. Therefore, Floyd's next opponent will be Canelo Alvarez by default. I've said this time and time again, Floyd doesn't need Pacquiao-- at all.

In theory, Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154) or winner of Berto/Ortiz(147) and then retire without Pacquiao on his record as the one of the greatest P4P fighters to have ever graced the squared circle.
JONdaCON817
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 28 2011, 12:51 PM) *
He's just talking shit. Who really cares? Lol

exactly.
mgrover
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 28 2011, 06:59 PM) *
That's Floyd being Floyd-- he's building hype for his next fight. He knows Bob Arum won't allow Pacquiao to sign on the dotted line. Therefore, Floyd's next opponent will be Canelo Alvarez by default. I've said this time and time again, Floyd doesn't need Pacquiao-- at all.

In theory, Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154) or winner of Berto/Ortiz(147) and then retire without Pacquiao on his record as the one of the greatest P4P fighters to have ever graced the squared circle.

meh alverez will probably get picked apart, forget probably he will get picked apart, maybe i just wanted in that room to say that to him
PColeman28
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Nov 28 2011, 10:59 AM) *
Floyd could go on to fight Alvarez(147), Khan(147), Cotto/Sergio(154)

I rather watch these fights anyways...alvarez,khan,and sergio would be more exciting for Me to watch personally.....
BoxingFan86
He's just puttin' on for the camera and his immediate audience. That's Mayweather bein' Mayweather.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 01:06 PM) *

This isn't about hate. I've watched Mayweather vs. Castillo I at least 10 times (the full fight is available on youtube) and I had Floyd winning a close, but pretty clear decision, by 3 rounds or so.

Castillo for the vast majority of the fight simply tried to bull Mayweather, by sticking his head into Mayweather's chest and trying to throw hooks to the body. Well the only issue is that Floyd was blocking a ton of those shots with his elbows and many of them were landing on his hips. Those are not scoring punches.

Every now and then, Castillo tried to uppercut, but those shots mostly missed. Was he walking through Mayweather's punches ? Of course. But those were all scoring shots that Mayweather was landing.

That whole, "landed the more meaningful punches / more telling blows" bullshit ass argument only works if you are able to visibly stun the other guy with one or two shots. At no point in that fight did Mayweather get hurt by anything Castillo threw.

Castillo was getting peppered by shots, both at range and up close and every now and then, when he landed something on Floyd, people seemed to forget that he was eating punch after punch.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 28 2011, 03:01 PM) *
This isn't about hate. I've watched Mayweather vs. Castillo I at least 10 times (the full fight is available on youtube) and I had Floyd winning a close, but pretty clear decision, by 3 rounds or so.

Castillo for the vast majority of the fight simply tried to bull Mayweather, by sticking his head into Mayweather's chest and trying to throw hooks to the body. Well the only issue is that Floyd was blocking a ton of those shots with his elbows and many of them were landing on his hips. Those are not scoring punches.

Every now and then, Castillo tried to uppercut, but those shots mostly missed. Was he walking through Mayweather's punches ? Of course. But those were all scoring shots that Mayweather was landing.

That whole, "landed the more meaningful punches / more telling blows" bullshit ass argument only works if you are able to visibly stun the other guy with one or two shots. At no point in that fight did Mayweather get hurt by anything Castillo threw.

Castillo was getting peppered by shots, both at range and up close and every now and then, when he landed something on Floyd, people seemed to forget that he was eating punch after punch.

Thank you. Agreed.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Nov 28 2011, 03:01 PM) *

That's what I've been tryin' to tell people, but no one wanted to listen. Besides, he eliminated all doubt in the rematch.
mgrover
i wouldnt call it doubt, its not hate directed at mayweather, if i was being generous id call it a draw but it was a win by castillo i wouldnt go as far as robbery but he simply won that, maybe its all and act, but if you play a character long enough its easy to become him
TacomaBoy253
Man enough with all the who beat who u can't beat me talk!!!!
They should do a face-off and make these fools sit across
From each other and sign the dotted line. Oh and slipping rat poison in
Arums coffee might help!!!!! wink.gif I'm just saying lol!!!
mgrover
MaxPayne if your so confident that Floyd won please watch these videos of the fight broken down and tell me now how he won

watch all the parts, its pretty much a slo motion replay

also just ignore the title
MaxPayne
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 07:49 PM) *
MaxPayne if your so confident that Floyd won please watch these videos of the fight broken down and tell me now how he won

Yes, I've actually seen this as well, in addition to watching the fight so many times. I have a good eye, and I'd be the first person to tell you that Floyd missed a lot of shots; something that can happen when your lead hand is basically dead weight and you have no jab.

What's funny is that even in Blitz's Deception series, you still see enough clean long range jabs to the body, close uppercuts and right hands landing for it to be clear that Floyd is landing scoring punches. Castillo keeps trying to bull Floyd and a ton of his shots are simply not scoring punches. Judges exist for a reason. Scoring exists for a reason. This isn't the days of 45 round fights, where someone would simply get outlasted.

Grover, I'm not going to try and convince you regarding who won the fight. You're entitled to your opinion and I can respect that. I personally simply think that Mayweather did well enough to get the decision. Did he miss punches ? Yes. Was Compubox misleading for this fight ? Yes.

It's easy to ignore the fact that people were so incensed because it was actually a close and scrappy contest, as opposed to the usual Floyd show, where an opponent gets battered and given a boxing lesson. If it's any consolation, Floyd won another closer decision over Castillo 2 fights later, while in reality, he won that second fight by several rounds.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 28 2011, 07:49 PM) *

You fail to mention that Floyd had an injury that fight and still pulled out a close decision and he gave Castillo a rematch 6 month after the first fight. It is bullshit that people keep saying Floyd lost this fight. It was a close fight and a good one. Let it go.
Cshel86
Ha! Its funny how folks can bring up only one of Mayweather's fights where he didn't look his best (besides the Hernandez fight), but Pacquiao basically looked like shit 3 times against the same guy and excuses are made for him so quickly. Well, we didn't cut him much slack over here (lol), but as far as the rest of the world, he gets a pass for 3 bad outings against the same guy laugh.gif Irony?
neophyte7
Mayweather-Castillo I was a close fight that Mayweather clearly won. Even in the late rounds he stood toe to toe and landed the more effective shots than Castillo. But that is history. Pac presents nothing in terms of style that would trouble mayweather. He will get beaten from pillar post-- boxed early and stopped late!!! honestly I have never seen anything in Pac that made him a threat to Floyd Mayweather stylistically and Marquez boxing his ass to death recently just affirms it.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 03:39 AM) *
Ha! Its funny how folks can bring up only one of Mayweather's fights where he didn't look his best (besides the Hernandez fight), but Pacquiao basically looked like shit 3 times against the same guy and excuses are made for him so quickly. Well, we didn't cut him much slack over here (lol), but as far as the rest of the world, he gets a pass for 3 bad outings against the same guy laugh.gif Irony?

nobodies doing the same for pacman boxing blitz has broken down one of the first or second fights to show marquez winning.

if theres judges that score it am sure they had there reasons to score it in favour of pacman in those marquez fights.
Hops
I still remember lots of people saying that Ortiz was literally not landing anything on Floyd. But one guy decided to dissect the fight and showed that Ortiz was landing significant shots. Then people, knowing they got owned, decided to divert the issues by saying Ortiz was still losing. Sure, but he was landing some good shots contrary to what some people were saying.

I understand that people are lazy enough not to do a punch by punch analysis. But that's exactly what needs to be done to settle the question of who really won. Real time scoring on TV is shit. For example, I thought round 12 of Pacquiao Marquez 3 was close. But when I tallied the punches landed by both men, fuck, Marquez landed almost nothing. That's how deceiving their clash of styles is.

Now, I think Floyd won the first fight. But after watching that video, I'd say Castillo won.
CrazyBuffalO
The problem is like this… the Castillo fight happened like what? Like 10 years ago or something? So basically Floyd back then was still improving and evolving. He wasn’t elite yet. He was good back then but as I said that fight happened like 10 years ago already. His style hasn’t fully matured yet at that point. Even so, he still won that fight.

This is one crucial factor that Floyd haters miss. They’re comparing something that happened 10 years ago.

It’s like saying your workmate at the office suck because he or she performed poorly during his elementary days in school. It doesn’t work that way. Because people change, people improve, people evolve in time. So a student may suck in elementary but improve and become better in high school, and become even better in collage. And so on.
The point is the Floyd 10 years ago was good but not as good as the current Floyd -- The focus being on the current Floyd that is what matters.

Pacquiao-Marquez III, however, was not 10 years ago or something, but it was just a couple of weeks ago. People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.
Cshel86
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Nov 29 2011, 02:52 AM) *
Pac presents nothing in terms of style that would trouble mayweather. honestly I have never seen anything in Pac that made him a threat to Floyd Mayweather stylistically and Marquez boxing his ass to death recently just affirms it.

+1

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2011, 04:22 AM) *
nobodies doing the same for pacman boxing blitz has broken down one of the first or second fights to show marquez winning.

Maybe I should've supported my statement with the words "pactards" and "delusional", to avoid confusing the public laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 10:11 AM) *
I still remember lots of people saying that Ortiz was literally not landing anything on Floyd. But one guy decided to dissect the fight and showed that Ortiz was landing significant shots. Then people, knowing they got owned, decided to divert the issues by saying Ortiz was still losing. Sure, but he was landing some good shots contrary to what some people were saying.

I understand that people are lazy enough not to do a punch by punch analysis. But that's exactly what needs to be done to settle the question of who really won. Real time scoring on TV is shit. For example, I thought round 12 of Pacquiao Marquez 3 was close. But when I tallied the punches landed by both men, fuck, Marquez landed almost nothing. That's how deceiving their clash of styles is.

Now, I think Floyd won the first fight. But after watching that video, I'd say Castillo won.

Spot on! Ortiz did land some decent punches, but they weren't landing with full power and confidence because FMJ IS a more of a moving target than Ortiz has ever faced (outside of Peterson). Mayweather DOES get hit in fights, but the sting isn't usually on those landed punches. I understand watching a fight repeatedly and watching to see what actually lands...thank God for DVR. Half the time when I watching a fight, Im under the influence anyway, so it behooves me watch it again laugh.gif

I still cant agree with you in the Castillo fight...though I wish Floyd would've made that injury public before the first bell even rang. Im sure he didn't want to leave himself at a disadvantage by doing that, but it would've been equivalent to the flack that he's still catching from it years later.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (CrazyBuffalO @ Nov 29 2011, 10:23 AM) *
The problem is like this… the Castillo fight happened like what? Like 10 years ago or something? So basically Floyd back then was still improving and evolving. He wasn’t elite yet. He was good back then but as I said that fight happened like 10 years ago already. His style hasn’t fully matured yet at that point. Even so, he still won that fight.

This is one crucial factor that Floyd haters miss. They’re comparing something that happened 10 years ago.

It’s like saying your workmate at the office suck because he or she performed poorly during his elementary days in school. It doesn’t work that way. Because people change, people improve, people evolve in time. So a student may suck in elementary but improve and become better in high school, and become even better in collage. And so on.
The point is the Floyd 10 years ago was good but not as good as the current Floyd -- The focus being on the current Floyd that is what matters.

Pacquiao-Marquez III, however, was not 10 years ago or something, but it was just a couple of weeks ago. People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.

clapping.gif thank you. You sir take a bow!!! Debating over a fight that happen 10 years ago! It was a great fight but Floyd was INJURED!!! Then he gave Castillo a rematch 6 months later. He did not wait two years or three, he gave it six months and killed all assumptions as to who won the first fight. There are still debates that Pac lost all three fights with JMM. Let it go! Great post

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
+1

Maybe I should've supported my statement with the words "pactards" and "delusional", to avoid confusing the public laugh.gif

Spot on! Ortiz did land some decent punches, but they weren't landing with full power and confidence because FMJ IS a more of a moving target than Ortiz has ever faced (outside of Peterson). Mayweather DOES get hit in fights, but the sting isn't usually on those landed punches. I understand watching a fight repeatedly and watching to see what actually lands...thank God for DVR. Half the time when I watching a fight, Im under the influence anyway, so it behooves me watch it again laugh.gif

I still cant agree with you in the Castillo fight...though I wish Floyd would've made that injury public before the first bell even rang. Im sure he didn't want to leave himself at a disadvantage by doing that, but it would've been equivalent to the flack that he's still catching from it years later.

The key would was: INJURED. He had an injury, No one seems to talk about that. Pac can't fight through a cramp? Even that half hearted QB in Dallas played with cracked ribs. Give me a break
Cshel86
People were expecting (and it’s only right that they expect) that Manny (at this stage in time and at his current age) has already “fully evolved” as a fighter to whoop Marquez ass with ease. However, that was not the case. There is only one explanation… and that is Pacquiao is NOT elite.

Welcome back Buffalo! Glad to see ya in yet ANOTHER Mayweather thread laugh.gifI'd usually take this time to let you know that Im ignoring your posts, but you actually have some points this time around! ok.gif

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 29 2011, 01:47 PM) *
Then he gave Castillo a rematch 6 months later. He did not wait two years or three, he gave it six months and killed all assumptions as to who won the first fight. There are still debates that Pac lost all three fights with JMM.

It was actually 8 months later, but I get your drift. Dang, you almost had this one laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 02:14 PM) *
Welcome back Buffalo! Glad to see ya in yet ANOTHER Mayweather thread laugh.gifI'd usually take this time to let you know that Im ignoring your posts, but you actually have some points this time around! ok.gif

It was actually 8 months later, but I get your drift. Dang, you almost had this one laugh.gif

thumbsdown_anim.gif nono.gif It is cool brah. 8 months, that is cool I can admit that I am wrong. You still suck.
The fact isMay had a hard fought fight and he gave the guy a rematch with no catchweights or BS terms 8 months later. We can't say the same thing about the Congressman.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 10:11 AM) *

He landed some decent shots, but Mayweather's defensive style took away it's sting just as someone else said.

This post deserves a standin' ovation clapping.gif.

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 10:27 AM) *
+1

Enough said, case closed.
HazConvictedFelonMane
Everyone in their right mind knows Floyd is going to kick Manny's ass. All I need to see is Manny show up on May 5. Things will be made clear enough for even the most delusional wishful thinking mind to comprehend. I'm not going to knock the man for creating this thread. It's past the time for talking about these things. This fight is on the horizon and there's not much in the way of it happening. No testing issues, no court cases in the way, and nothing but a shitload of money to make.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (HazConvictedFelonMane @ Nov 29 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Everyone in their right mind knows Floyd is going to kick Manny's ass. All I need to see is Manny show up on May 5. Things will be made clear enough for even the most delusional wishful thinking mind to comprehend. I'm not going to knock the man for creating this thread. It's past the time for talking about these things. This fight is on the horizon and there's not much in the way of it happening. No testing issues, no court cases in the way, and nothing but a shitload of money to make.

Somethin' is in the way... Bob Arum's ego! He'll give people the illusion that the fight is bein' negotiated, but in reality, it'll be the exact opposite.
Hops
I was LMAO when I remembered that Allmenjoi said that Arum has already been checkmated!!! Maybe she got it all wrong.

Arum will again school GBP and the money team.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 07:23 PM) *
I was LMAO when I remembered that Allmenjoi said that Arum has already been checkmated!!! Maybe she got it all wrong.

Sigh...+1

As much as I hate to admit it...it always goes down like this. Arum always gets his way, even if a shitty fight is shoved down our throats to prove his dominance.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Hops @ Nov 29 2011, 07:23 PM) *

Hops he was checkedmated which is why he started a new game, that no one saw coming.
E.C.LEGEND
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 29 2011, 01:47 PM) *
clapping.gif thank you. You sir take a bow!!! Debating over a fight that happen 10 years ago! It was a great fight but Floyd was INJURED!!! Then he gave Castillo a rematch 6 months later. He did not wait two years or three, he gave it six months and killed all assumptions as to who won the first fight. There are still debates that Pac lost all three fights with JMM. Let it go! Great post

The key would was: INJURED. He had an injury, No one seems to talk about that. Pac can't fight through a cramp? Even that half hearted QB in Dallas played with cracked ribs. Give me a break

Thats my quarterback! lol Over Thanksgiving break I had an argument with one of my cousins, she knows nothing about boxing, yet she tells me mayweather is scared of the little pac guy. I want to see or read what the general public is seeing to make them believe this stuff.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (E.C.LEGEND @ Nov 29 2011, 10:19 PM) *
Thats my quarterback! lol Over Thanksgiving break I had an argument with one of my cousins, she knows nothing about boxing, yet she tells me mayweather is scared of the little pac guy. I want to see or read what the general public is seeing to make them believe this stuff.

I am a big Cowboy fan but I will not cheer for them until they get rid of that choke artist. I have a feeling that he is going to screw up these last 5 games. The Giants can wave the white flag because Eli is under center, Philly is such a sad story ( they were my adopted team), and the Deadskins should go play in college.

Your cousin should watch the JMM and Pac fight and tell her that is what you think can beat the 1 defensive fighter of this generation... she needs to go to Pac rehab. lol
Cshel86
If folks dont understand Mayweather by now, then Im convinced that we've discovered the speed of stupid laugh.gif I mean damn, the dude says the same stuff over and over and again. Its even funnier when you spot a Floyd nuthugger and they dont even know his history! Now that's some logic for your ass! laugh.gif Where did this come from?...I have the slightest clue.
mgrover
look it doesnt matter that he was injured, doesnt matter it was 10 years ago none of that matters, like with pacman doesnt matter it was how long ago and that he did lose or at best draw that saturday in november, it doesnt even matter that poor ickle pacman had a toothache

am just playing by mayweathers own logic, it doesnt matter if there was a rematch, by his logic HIS logic hes 41-1, now if your going to come at me with bullshit please just put it in the negotiations thread to fill it to the brim sinceits pretty full.

since most of the boxing world had it for castillo just like the first marquez fight most of the boxing world had it for marquez just like most of the boxing world had hopkins beating calzaghe just like leonard and hagler, to say the least it was a controversial win and by his logic he lost and all i wanted was someone in that room to point it out, and no am not having a dig at ben i just mean anyone that was there.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 29 2011, 11:18 PM) *
look it doesnt matter that he was injured, doesnt matter it was 10 years ago none of that matters, like with pacman doesnt matter it was how long ago and that he did lose or at best draw that saturday in november, it doesnt even matter that poor ickle pacman had a toothache

am just playing by mayweathers own logic, it doesnt matter if there was a rematch, by his logic HIS logic hes 41-1, now if your going to come at me with bullshit please just put it in the negotiations thread to fill it to the brim sinceits pretty full.

since most of the boxing world had it for castillo just like the first marquez fight most of the boxing world had it for marquez just like most of the boxing world had hopkins beating calzaghe just like leonard and hagler, to say the least it was a controversial win and by his logic he lost and all i wanted was someone in that room to point it out, and no am not having a dig at ben i just mean anyone that was there.

Castillo did not knock Mayweather down, he did overly dominate him. It was a close fight and I watched that fight at least three times this year (at work of course) and I am saying I did not see where Castillo won, not even a draw. The second fight he there was no question. Give it up. It does mattered if he was injured, it means he was not 100%. The reason why Pac said he looked bad against Shane was because of a tooth ache and a leg cramp the same when he fought JMM the third time. But it was clear as the STDs that Miley Cyrus has that JMM won that last fight. It is BS.
streetlion1
What Mayweather is saying is that in HIS opinion Pacman lost to Marquez 3times.....In MY opinion Pacman lost 2 of the fights. What he is really saying is...we have seen Pacquiao struggle....we have seen him get dominated. Now in MY opinion Mayweather lost the 1st fight with Castillo whether he had an injury or not...and he struggled the 1st half of his fight with DLH.

Its clear to me though that Mosley made Pacquiao look ordinary by simply circling, jabbing, and keeping his right hand up....Marquez from what I saw dominated Pacquiao in their 3rd and most recent fight...he turned him when he wanted to...countered him at will....and had him lunging and off balance.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao wont be a close fight...Mayweather will make Pacman look silly and it'll be a BIG disappointment for the guys who are drinking the Pac-Aid.
mgrover
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:55 AM) *
What Mayweather is saying is that in HIS opinion Pacman lost to Marquez 3times.....In MY opinion Pacman lost 2 of the fights. What he is really saying is...we have seen Pacquiao struggle....we have seen him get dominated. Now in MY opinion Mayweather lost the 1st fight with Castillo whether he had an injury or not...and he struggled the 1st half of his fight with DLH.

Its clear to me though that Mosley made Pacquiao look ordinary by simply circling, jabbing, and keeping his right hand up....Marquez from what I saw dominated Pacquiao in their 3rd and most recent fight...he turned him when he wanted to...countered him at will....and had him lunging and off balance.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao wont be a close fight...Mayweather will make Pacman look silly and it'll be a BIG disappointment for the guys who are drinking the Pac-Aid.

am not even bothering to reply to allmenjo8

but to this, this pretty much explains what am thinking in a mayweather fan friendly kind of way.
Hops
What made Pacquiao ordinary were the people who couldn't see his punches which bruised up Marquez's and Mosley's face. But of course, they can attribute that to loaded gloves. laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Nov 30 2011, 12:55 AM) *

Good argument, but I will respectfully disagree with May losing against Castillo I do respect your opinion.

QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 30 2011, 03:17 AM) *
am not even bothering to reply to allmenjo8

but to this, this pretty much explains what am thinking in a mayweather fan friendly kind of way.

This is what I dislike about this board. Someone has a different view point from someone else and because of that their opinion does not matter or the person is called a name. I am not saying that you called anyone a name but that what usually happens.
The main reason why I gave Floyd the Castillo win was because the last few rounds May stepped it up. I scored it 7-5 Mayweather. Castillo never knocked him down or even dazed him, it was a hard fought fight and the edge went to Floyd. On top of that Floyd was injured. The second fight it was a no brainer. However I do feel that if the judges gave a draw in the first fight I could not be mad at the ruling. And that fight was ten years ago and to me that says a lot.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 12:13 PM) *
This is what I dislike about this board. Someone has a different view point from someone else and because of that their opinion does not matter or the person is called a name. I am not saying that you called anyone a name but that what usually happens.

It happens. Suck it up laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 12:17 PM) *
It happens. Suck it up laugh.gif

ok.gif I'm not complaining Zatoichi, I was stating the obvious. Suck it up? LOL.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 12:38 PM) *
ok.gif I'm not complaining Zatoichi, I was stating the obvious. Suck it up? LOL.

We cant all hold hands and sing Kumbaya around here, thats what I meant. Hell, I enjoy a little squabble every now and again. Speaking of that, where tha hell is Stink (Seek)? The guy thats reak's of a fatman's side of the couch? laugh.gif
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 01:50 PM) *
We cant all hold hands and sing Kumbaya around here, thats what I meant. Hell, I enjoy a little squabble every now and again. Speaking of that, where tha hell is Stink (Seek)? The guy thats reak's of a fatman's side of the couch? laugh.gif

Just waiting for you to quit ducking our sig bet dntknw.gif only a couple of days left bitch lol
Cshel86
QUOTE (Seek @ Nov 30 2011, 02:51 PM) *
Just waiting for you to quit ducking our sig bet dntknw.gif only a couple of days left bitch lol

Sigh....Seek, Seek, Seek no2.gif Obviously you didn't grasp the content of our earlier exchange, my friend nono.gif The last memo I left, was for you to grow some pubes on your little pistachios first laugh.gif
Seek
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:59 PM) *
Sigh....Seek, Seek, Seek no2.gif Obviously you didn't grasp the content of our earlier exchange, my friend nono.gif The last memo I left, was for you to grow some pubes on your little pistachios first laugh.gif

It's all good man. I'm satisfied with knowing you bitched out like some kinda pussy boy. I'll see your bitch ass Dec.4th thumbsup_anim.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 12:50 PM) *

Kumbaya? I hate that song with a passion. I like a disagree every now again, but when two people clearly do not see eye to just respect the person's decision in move the hell on... but you are use to dealing with psycho women so you are use to arguing pointlessly, gotcha. Plus you have your hands full with Seek
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Kumbaya? I hate that song with a passion. I like a disagree every now again, but when two people clearly do not see eye to just respect the person's decision in move the hell on... but you are use to dealing with psycho women so you are use to arguing pointlessly, gotcha. Plus you have your hands full with Seek

You get my point though. Let me not start my logic about psycho women, since we are already talking about Floyd's logic. Oh yeah, my hands are full!? With Seek!? Nah...laugh.gif
PColeman28
There were a lot of post, so i'll just touch on what i read here and there.... Castillo v mayweather I....this fight was close as hell, i think that's the point the thread creator was getting at regardless who we felt won, it was close just like pacman's 3 marquez fights so in that case may is 41-1....ok i see that point, but that still makes pacquiao 52-6-1 which is a shitty ass record, but i do see his point, sorta lol....As far as the ortiz fight goes, it's not just about punches landed it's about punch effectiveness and how flush the punches land....Ortiz DID land punches, but he didn't do enough....It's kind of like the Paul Williams vs Lara fight.....Lara was landing more punches and the more effective ones as well..but he got cheated, but i remember on this board someone thought williams actually won because of those pitty pat punches he was doing insisting that just because his gloves touched lara's body he landed more punches and won, that's ridiculous if boxing was really scored that way anyone could be a pro boxer......So whoever thought ortiz was being competitive is delusional Ortiz was losing confidence every 30 seconds getting frustrated until he exploded, he was defeated in many ways, that's why he's fighting berto again and not a rematch...... oh and the Cowboys are in a better place than my favorite team....The Chargers....are season is in the shitter.....and i do think Rivers is better than Romo, but i think the Cowboys have better coaching than the Chargers(just my football 2 cents)
mgrover
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 05:13 PM) *
Good argument, but I will respectfully disagree with May losing against Castillo I do respect your opinion.

The main reason why I gave Floyd the Castillo win was because the last few rounds May stepped it up. I scored it 7-5 Mayweather. Castillo never knocked him down or even dazed him, it was a hard fought fight and the edge went to Floyd. On top of that Floyd was injured. The second fight it was a no brainer. However I do feel that if the judges gave a draw in the first fight I could not be mad at the ruling. And that fight was ten years ago and to me that says a lot.

how many times am i going to explain this, doesn't matter what my opinion or your opinion is, its the boxing community, and most felt Castillo won the fight, and your definitely not the boxing community, am not saying I don't value your opinion, it's just pointless in this argument. Did I mention the second fight? No.

From what I can see all your trying to do is defend Floyd, and all am doing is using HIS logic to answer the controversial parts of his career. A bit like Law and precedent. In new law can't be held in retrospective, but this isn't law and I can do whatever I please.

It's like I said were having a BBQ and you brought vegetarian burgers to put on the grill...

damn am hungry now...

also PColeman28 I don't care about Pacs record, its not part of this argument at all he's just an example. Also the Ortiz fight was far from close, and I get your point with the P Willy and Lara fight.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mgrover @ Nov 30 2011, 07:23 PM) *
how many times am i going to explain this, doesn't matter what my opinion or your opinion is, its the boxing community, and most felt Castillo won the fight, and your definitely not the boxing community, am not saying I don't value your opinion, it's just pointless in this argument. Did I mention the second fight? No.

From what I can see all your trying to do is defend Floyd, and all am doing is using HIS logic to answer the controversial parts of his career. A bit like Law and precedent. In new law can't be held in retrospective, but this isn't law and I can do whatever I please.

It's like I said were having a BBQ and you brought vegetarian burgers to put on the grill...

damn am hungry now...

also PColeman28 I don't care about Pacs record, its not part of this argument at all he's just an example. Also the Ortiz fight was far from close, and I get your point with the P Willy and Lara fight.

I am not defending Floyd, if I was defending Floyd my argument would go like this: Go to hell he won deal with it, he was the better fight and still undefeated, kick rocks.
What I am saying that it was a close fight very close fight but Castillo lost. Many people feel that Oscar lost way more fights than he won, especially against that African fighter (his name escapes me). hell some people think Oscar beat Floyd. What I am looking at in he Castillo fight is that there in my opinion, he did not do enough to beat him and I do weight the fact that Floyd was injured. Pac fought the same guy three times and people still say either JMM won all three or lost all three. You can not say that with May and Castillo. I respect your opinion but I disagree. I do not eat beef or pork so I would bring a veggie burger to a BBQ and I have done it several times.

PCole I think Garret is the most overrated coach in the world. He screwed Wade Phillips by not opening up his playbook. Rivers is having a terrible seaon but I think after his two running backs left a lof of pressure was put on him and well he isn't doing too well. Norv Turner is a idoit for not punting against Denver. Why give them half a field. Plus because Denver won I have to listen to this bullcrap about "Tebow Magic." I am so tired of hearing about the most over overrated QB who has no skills. You see what happen when he played the Lions. He got owned.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.