Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO PPV Build-Ups...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
I dont know about you all, but this extensive promotion on HBO always has me caught up buying a PPV. In addition to being on the board discussing fights with everybody, these new segments are doing a number on me. I mean, I dont know exactly how long they've been airing the HBO Roadblock show on the day of the fight, but if I happen to be home when it comes on, then Im hooked! Anybody know how long they've been doing the roadblock segments?

Since De La Hoya/Mayweather a few years ago, 24/7 has done the job for me (depending on which fighters are on it). It makes it that much better when the fighters's previous bouts are aired a few times before fight night. HBO is now starting to air the weigh-ins as well, which adds that extra bonus. I was actually more impressed with the extra footage added in the replay of the fight, a week later. With this being said...does the extra footage help you purchase bouts and whats your favorite PPV build-up???

Thoughts?
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 07:37 PM) *
I dont know about you all, but this extensive promotion on HBO always has me caught up buying a PPV. In addition to being on the board discussing fights with everybody, these new segments are doing a number on me. I mean, I dont know exactly how long they've been airing the HBO Roadblock show on the day of the fight, but if I happen to be home when it comes on, then Im hooked! Anybody know how long they've been doing the roadblock segments?

Since De La Hoya/Mayweather a few years ago, 24/7 has done the job for me (depending on which fighters are on it). It makes it that much better when the fighters's previous bouts are aired a few times before fight night. HBO is now starting to air the weigh-ins as well, which adds that extra bonus. I was actually more impressed with the extra footage added in the replay of the fight, a week later. With this being said...does the extra footage help you purchase bouts and whats your favorite PPV build-up???

Thoughts?

I think the extra footage has only come into play since the Mayweather/ Ortiz fight. Or atleast since my cable been back on..lol.. I just don't remember seeing it before then.

I do agree with the replays. I almost don't mind if I can't catch it live because I love the new format the following week.

I do think there should be less build up for smaller events. Much like how there were only two 24/7' Cotto Marg. I think HBO finds it a bit repetitive and "too much"... but personally, I like how the program left me this time.. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THIS FIGHT NOW!.
Cshel86

If you have crazy fans, then who needs all of the extra promotion? Gotta love the UK! This had to be one of the best build-ups in a Mayweather fight. The De La Hoya build-up was okay...just seemed like they spent a bunch of money just because, but the Ricky Hatton build-up was the best! Hands down!
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 29 2011, 08:58 PM) *

If you have crazy fans, then who needs all of the extra promotion? Gotta love the UK! This had to be one of the best build-ups in a Mayweather fight. The De La Hoya build-up was okay...just seemed like they spent a bunch of money just because, but the Ricky Hatton build-up was the best! Hands down!

Them uk fans are somethin else....

I was hyped big time for that fight...Hatton was undefeated.

I kinda miss the old chap..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.