Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Danny Green Retire!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Box in Hand
Just watched the Danny Green vs. Wlodarcxyk fight and Danny was winning all the way to the 11th round with a nice jab but fucking gassed out and got knocked out with a left to the jaw. His opponent sucked and was one dimensional but had more gas down the stretch. This is the second time Danny's been knocked out and it's time to go.
Cshel86
Dammit Danny no2.gif I wonder how many times he's gonna take an L in this fashion before he hangs 'em up. Its just something about getting beat to submission or Ko'd in the championship rounds of a fight, that should bother a fighter more. I mean getting KO'd early in a fight is one thing, but to exhaust all of your skills and depend on your body to get you through the fight, just to come up short in the end, has got to be mentally taxing.

I mean damn, Tarver already gave him a school yard beating, now he gets butt-owned by a one-dimensional opponent that he was SUPPOSED to beat. He will never get points for going back and beating this guy in a rematch, he just permanently blew it the first time around. Kinda reminds me of how Kirkland got owned by Ishida. Exactly what will Kirkland gain buy going back and slaughtering Ishida in a rematch? You got it, nothing at all, because there are some guys that you just dont lose to.

RJJ has a fight next week...hope he pulls it off....not for the glory, but for the sake of his health.If he comes up short, then he and Green should retire together laugh.gif
BoxingEinstein

Theres alot of guys that needs to retire, lets look at the list shall we...

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Evander Holyfield
3. Shane Mosley
4.Danny Green
5. Alfonso Gomez
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Jermain Taylor
8. Carlos Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
10. Jose Luis Castillo
11. Kelly Pavlik
12. Winky Wright
13. Joel Casamayor
14. Chris John
15. Humberto Soto
16. David Diaz
BlueMercury
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 30 2011, 01:05 PM) *

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Evander Holyfield
3. Shane Mosley
4.Danny Green
5. Alfonso Gomez
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Jermain Taylor
8. Carlos Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
10. Jose Luis Castillo
11. Kelly Pavlik
12. Winky Wright
13. Joel Casamayor
14. Chris John
15. Humberto Soto
16. David Diaz

^^ Real talk
dhoward126
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Nov 30 2011, 04:05 PM) *

1. Roy Jones Jr.
2. Evander Holyfield
3. Shane Mosley
4.Danny Green
5. Alfonso Gomez
6. Antonio Margarito
7. Jermain Taylor
8. Carlos Baldomir
9. Zab Judah
10. Jose Luis Castillo
11. Kelly Pavlik
12. Winky Wright
13. Joel Casamayor
14. Chris John
15. Humberto Soto
16. David Diaz

Out of that list only Margarito and Taylor need to absolutely retire. They run the risk of permanently damaging themselves because they already have inflicted career threatening injuries. All of those guys, even Jones and Holyfield, have resorted to fighting no hopers that have no chance of beating them. There's a reason Jones is fighting some guy named Max Alexander instead of pleading his case for a rematch with Lebedev. If these guys are fighting and not getting punished, then why have them stop?
Cshel86
I do agree that some fighters need to hang 'em up, but we all know that these guys have had lucrative boxing paydays that have seen their better days, so those 7 and 8 figure checks arent coming in as regularly, if at all. So yes, thats why we see them fighting nobodies for any paycheck that they can get, and some of them REALLY just feel that they can compete, so they move forward in doing so. These guys may have big ticket items that are paid for (hopefully), like mansions, expensive cars, indoor/outdoor pools, greedy family members, children/child support, etc...but the bottom line is, all of these things still need to be MAINTAINED.

Not only does shit happen in the sport of boxing, it also happens in life overall...no matter how much money one may have, bad/unexpected things happen to them as well. For instance, you have Hulk Hogan's wife who divorced him and left with a wopping 70% liquid assets and about $8M from their estate that was used during the taping his show years ago. He only got a few million from the house, and he will end up owing her about $1.5M when that settles.

C'mon guys, Hulk is too damn old to wrestle, his body is shot to no end, and will still need money to live and MAINTAIN the things that he does have. Let's not forget how much money he put forth for his daughter's music career (decent move), but again, shit happens, because he had to pull unthinkable figures out of his ass to save his son from being a prison bitch due to that stupid car wreck that he almost killed somebody in. no2.gif We can go as far as how Holyfield still has several children in which he STILL has to pay child support for no2.gif

Back to my point...maintainence is key and sometimes it can bite you in the ass if you dont spend your money right. That surely has to be the case with these guys that cant seem to hang 'em up. I wonder how much utilities cost in a multi-million dollar mansion, hmmm... rolleyes_anim.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.