Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brandon Rios vs Lucas Matthysse 140
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BoxingEinstein
Who wins this exciting fight? Rios wanted Maidana but it looks like Maidana is taking his murderous talents to the welterweight division (hoping to eventually see a Ortiz-Maidana rematch). Matthysse is still campaigning at 140 and Rios will soon look to move up since he is THE MAN at 135 with Guerrero gone and Marquez in limbo.

You have Rios is bruising puncher with KO power in both hands. Has will made of steel. A improving inside game with a decent jab that can make your nose bleed within 2 rounds. He knows how to cut you off and likes a war which seems to make him stronger than weaker. He just keeps coming and smiling as more punches are thrown his way as he throws his own bombs. He is what I like to call a throw back fighter. BAM BAM away

And You have Matthysse a rugged guy who likes to take his time and measure up his opponents. He is also a banger who mixes combos to the body and head to give his opponents no room to adjust if need be. He has shown the ability to box to a decent extent. His chin has never been questioned as he withstood and didn't waver from a Super Judah uppercut. He has been plagued by what I call the "Glen Johnson Syndrome" where he has been caught with different ranges of bad luck and the old adage of "shit happens". After 2 fights where there are still questions if he should have been the victor and a missed first time title opportunity from illness you have to wonder whoever is his next opponent he will want to take it out on them. Stamina is never an issue and he also has KO power.

From my description and your own knowledge of the two who do ya pick? The Crude Argentine? Or The Bad Ass Mexican American?

Too Bad Rios is with Top Rank...smh....roll over and croak Arum
Cshel86
Whew...I would have to give this one to Matthysse. I haven't had the chance to see Matthysse really slug it out with anybody since they do their best to avoid his punches (maybe with the exception of Corley). I see Rios giving him shit all night, but the moment Rios feels one of those big shots, we may witness something we haven't seen before. Lucas takes his time with guys (which costs him rounds against fast and slick opponents who bank rounds early).

Honesly in this fight, I see Rios getting too Mexican for his own good as the fight progresses, and eventually running into something. This fight can easily go both ways, especially with those Rios body shots, but I have to give the edge to Matthysse.
checkleft
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 06:02 PM) *
Whew...I would have to give this one to Matthysse. I haven't had the chance to see Matthysse really slug it out with anybody since they do their best to avoid his punches (maybe with the exception of Corley). I see Rios giving him shit all night, but the moment Rios feels one of those big shots, we may witness something we haven't seen before. Lucas takes his time with guys (which costs him rounds against fast and slick opponents who bank rounds early).

Honesly in this fight, I see Rios getting too Mexican for his own good as the fight progresses, and eventually running into something. This fight can easily go both ways, especially with those Rios body shots, but I have to give the edge to Matthysse.

I agree but on with different reasons. I think matthysse can beat him, he has straighter punches better boxing ability and has good power. Rios is wide just like cotto for a good straight or upper cut.
MaxPayne
Lucas would outbox him pretty easily, but Rios would be given the decision.
bnoles4life
Matthyesse!!!! Tough @$$ Argentinian w/ good skills and good pop!
leonthegee
If the fights in North America Rios will win but I think Lucas would kick his ass everywhere else on the globe. Maybe Canada would give him a decision victory.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.