Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Revisting Floyd MJ and Ricky Hatton Fight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Allmenjoi8
Watching the FLoyd and Ricky Hatton fight there are somethings that I have notice, here are some and if you would like to add on please do

Floyd MJ: Seemed really focused and relaxed going into the fight. It was interesting that he paid no mind to Hopkins or Shane as he was walking around the ring. The beginning of the rounds Floyd seemed a little surprised how Ricky came out, of course he adjusted beautifully but in the beginning he was looking for his rhythm and man did he found it.

Ricky: Started off okay and gased out towards the later rounds. It seemed he had one game plan and there was no plan B, which hurt him in the end. He left his defense drop and became careless. The first 5 rounds he gave were very exciting. Both fighters put on a great fight.

Joe Cortiz: Was too much into the fight. When Ricky was trying to fight in the inside he kept interfering and he taking a point away from Hatton was really stupid. Joe needed to fall back and let the fighters fight. No one wanted to see Joe.

Roger M.: Kept giving the same instruction which proved to be the difference in the fight but my favorite thing he said "Walk that ho down and shoot that shit up the middle." Straight right hands all day!

Announcers: Stewart kept saying how great Ricky looked but as Floyd began picking Ricky apart he changed his stance. Merchant seemed so disinterested in the fight especially when Floyd was finding his rhythm. Lederman's card was awful! Just awful! Jim Lampley was entertaining at times

Crowd: Was hyped! Especially the Brits. Tyrese was looking NICE!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif
BigFightFan
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Watching the FLoyd and Ricky Hatton fight there are somethings that I have notice, here are some and if you would like to add on please do

Floyd MJ: Seemed really focused and relaxed going into the fight. It was interesting that he paid no mind to Hopkins or Shane as he was walking around the ring. The beginning of the rounds Floyd seemed a little surprised how Ricky came out, of course he adjusted beautifully but in the beginning he was looking for his rhythm and man did he found it.

Ricky: Started off okay and gased out towards the later rounds. It seemed he had one game plan and there was no plan B, which hurt him in the end. He left his defense drop and became careless. The first 5 rounds he gave were very exciting. Both fighters put on a great fight.

Joe Cortiz: Was too much into the fight. When Ricky was trying to fight in the inside he kept interfering and he taking a point away from Hatton was really stupid. Joe needed to fall back and let the fighters fight. No one wanted to see Joe.

Roger M.: Kept giving the same instruction which proved to be the difference in the fight but my favorite thing he said "Walk that ho down and shoot that shit up the middle." Straight right hands all day!

Announcers: Stewart kept saying how great Ricky looked but as Floyd began picking Ricky apart he changed his stance. Merchant seemed so disinterested in the fight especially when Floyd was finding his rhythm. Lederman's card was awful! Just awful! Jim Lampley was entertaining at times

Crowd: Was hyped! Especially the Brits. Tyrese was looking NICE!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gif

Stewart was spot on with his commentary in the hatton fight
1. He said Ricky was putting a lot of pressure on Floyd which gave Floyd some problems.
2. He said Ricky couldn't afford to get tired cause Floyd would pick him apart

So I think Stewart did a great Job in that fight.
Cshel86
Ricky Hatton just couldn't fight his fight thanks to Joe "The Master Meddler" Cortez. All Hatton had that night was his weird footwrok and those wild punches from the outside (which he doesn't fight well from), but after Floyd figured out that Hatton was just coming in straight lines...Hatton had nothing left but those wild punches. After those easy-to-deflect punches of his were neutralized...it was a wrap. The Hatton fans made the fight that much more worth watching...even to this day!
bnoles4life
What I remember most about that fight is the f@99ot @$$ Brits booing the nat'l anthem.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 30 2011, 09:04 PM) *
What I remember most about that fight is the f@99ot @$$ Brits booing the nat'l anthem.

Lol, I dont think they were booing the anthem, I believe they were booing Floyd on the screen as the anthem was being sang. Im hoping thats the only part they booed on dntknw.gif
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 10:09 PM) *
Lol, I dont think they were booing the anthem, I believe they were booing Floyd on the screen as the anthem was being sang. Im hoping thats the only part they booed on dntknw.gif

Naw, kid. Floyd wasn't one the screen at the time...the moment the anthem was started, they started booing.
Cshel86
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Nov 30 2011, 10:24 PM) *
Naw, kid. Floyd wasn't one the screen at the time...the moment the anthem was started, they started booing.

I may have to check that out again.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 09:49 PM) *
Ricky Hatton just couldn't fight his fight thanks to Joe "The Master Meddler" Cortez. All Hatton had that night was his weird footwrok and those wild punches from the outside (which he doesn't fight well from), but after Floyd figured out that Hatton was just coming in straight lines...Hatton had nothing left but those wild punches. After those easy-to-deflect punches of his were neutralized...it was a wrap. The Hatton fans made the fight that much more worth watching...even to this day!

What about Tyrese? My only criticism was that he took forever and year for him to sing the national anthem but then again looking at tyrese for a long amount of time never hurt anyone. lol

Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:09 PM) *
What about Tyrese? My only criticism was that he took forever and year for him to sing the national anthem but then again looking at tyrese for a long amount of time never hurt anyone. lol

What about him? He can sing, but thats as far as I need to go. Again, what about him?
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:14 PM) *
What about him? He can sing, but thats as far as I need to go. Again, what about him?

He looked great right?
Back to the fight: Did you think Floyd would knock him out?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 10:09 PM) *

Allmenjoi please tell me you're female talking bout Tyrese like that?
checkleft
Yes I did. If collazo was almost putting him away floyds accurate shots would put him out. I think I said in 8 that night.
But I don't think pple give mayweather enough credit, the reason people gas against him is because he makes them miss frustrates them wich makes them tense and he lands sharp shots to the chin time and time again.. they don't just magically gas
duwdu
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2011, 01:03 AM) *
Yes I did. If collazo was almost putting him away floyds accurate shots would put him out. I think I said in 8 that night.
But I don't think pple give mayweather enough credit, the reason people gas against him is because he makes them miss frustrates them wich makes them tense and he lands sharp shots to the chin time and time again.. they don't just magically gas

This is a brilliant post.

P34c3
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 12:14 AM) *
He looked great right?
Back to the fight: Did you think Floyd would knock him out?

rtfm.gif
I should give you walking papers for this question alone thumbsdown_anim.gif
1. The fact that this question even crossed your mind before asking me
2. The fact that you went through with asking it
3. The fact that you expected an answer

***But to answer your more logical question, I didn't really think that Floyd would've knocked Hatton out...especially in that fashion. I figured it would've been a corner stoppage due to an accumulation of unanswered punches throughout the round and frustration since Hatton's arsenal was bound to fail sooner or later. I honestly didn't make this prediction until after the 3rd round.

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 1 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Allmenjoi please tell me you're female talking bout Tyrese like that?

What gave her away?

QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2011, 01:03 AM) *

+ fuckin' 1!!! I honestly believe that Floyd's opponents learn how to feint after they fight him. Its like a feinting contest when he fights and you usually see his opponents feint more than ever. I believe that there's more than humiliation and frustration to be taken with you after a good ass-kickin' laugh.gif
leonthegee
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Nov 30 2011, 03:06 PM) *

So what was Joe Cortez suspoded to do? Let the fight become a bear hugging contest.

As far as Lederman goes I dont how you for score fights for effective aggression alone. At some point you have to land some clean punches. Harold Lederman and Larry Merchant both need to retire. Bring Roy Jones back or steal Tarver from Showtime.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM) *
So what was Joe Cortez suspoded to do? Let the fight become a bear hugging contest.

As far as Lederman goes I dont how you for score fights for effective aggression alone. At some point you have to land some clean punches. Harold Lederman and Larry Merchant both need to retire. Bring Roy Jones back or steal Tarver from Showtime.

Joe as usual over stepped his boundaries. When Ricky wanted to fight in the inside the moment he even tried he would break it up. The point deduction was a joke. It was a good fight but what had been better if Joe was less in the picture. Lederman should take lessons from his daughter on how to judge a fight.
leonthegee
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 09:25 AM) *
Joe as usual over stepped his boundaries. When Ricky wanted to fight in the inside the moment he even tried he would break it up. The point deduction was a joke. It was a good fight but what had been better if Joe was less in the picture. Lederman should take lessons from his daughter on how to judge a fight.

Ricky was getting beat up on the inside. What was Joe suspoded to do let him hold and hit like the Kostya Tszyu fight. Now that ref was fucked up. He was letting Hatton hold and hit so much its rediculous. Is that the Ricky Hatton style your talking about? The point deduction was harsh but ive seen worser calls than that.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (leonthegee @ Dec 1 2011, 02:08 PM) *
Ricky was getting beat up on the inside. What was Joe suspoded to do let him hold and hit like the Kostya Tszyu fight. Now that ref was fucked up. He was letting Hatton hold and hit so much its rediculous. Is that the Ricky Hatton style your talking about? The point deduction was harsh but ive seen worser calls than that.

There was a round in the fight (can't remember which one maybe three even 4) where both fighters were mixing it up in the inside and it was starting to become interesting, all of the sudden Joe comes in calls a time out and speaks to both fighters. That takes steam out of the fight. It was a scrappy fight, old school. Let them fight out of it. Joe should of been like that during the Ortiz and Mayweather match.
mrwigi
If joe cortez hadn't stepped in as much as he did, the fight wuld have ended in 7 or 8 instead of 10.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2011, 10:09 AM) *
rtfm.gif
I should give you walking papers for this question alone thumbsdown_anim.gif
1. The fact that this question even crossed your mind before asking me
2. The fact that you went through with asking it
3. The fact that you expected an answer

***But to answer your more logical question, I didn't really think that Floyd would've knocked Hatton out...especially in that fashion. I figured it would've been a corner stoppage due to an accumulation of unanswered punches throughout the round and frustration since Hatton's arsenal was bound to fail sooner or later. I honestly didn't make this prediction until after the 3rd round.

What gave her away?

+ fuckin' 1!!! I honestly believe that Floyd's opponents learn how to feint after they fight him. Its like a feinting contest when he fights and you usually see his opponents feint more than ever. I believe that there's more than humiliation and frustration to be taken with you after a good ass-kickin' laugh.gif

Walking papers? You would be the first.... I agree with what you sid about Hatton. he gased himself out in the later rounds were Mayweather looked to pick up steam. The 8th and 10th rounds were brutal. Plus all those straight right hands to Hatton's face, the way his neck snapped back, was awful. That was a good fight. Who was on the undercard, I can't remember.
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Dec 1 2011, 01:57 PM) *
If joe cortez hadn't stepped in as much as he did, the fight wuld have ended in 7 or 8 instead of 10.

THIS +1!!!! People don't know that Floyd's inside game is almost flawless he knows how to effectively use his arms and elbows to set up shots where its needed and at the same time block his opponents shots while he's phone booth close to them. The man was predicted to be bullied by Ricky Hatton and some thought Hatton's inside game was going to tell the the tale. Floyd that fight showed his ability to fight inside was better than Hatton's and he even got a little dirty since Ricky wanted to make it that type of fight.(ex. pushing his elbow into Hatton's neck and chest, putting his forearms into Hatton's shoulders, etc.) It was a good fight and I gotta admit I wish magically the prime undefeated Ricky Hatton was back I would have loved to see a Rios vs Hatton fight or Maidana vs Hatton fight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 02:50 PM) *
Walking papers? You would be the first.... I agree with what you sid about Hatton. he gased himself out in the later rounds were Mayweather looked to pick up steam. The 8th and 10th rounds were brutal. Plus all those straight right hands to Hatton's face, the way his neck snapped back, was awful. That was a good fight. Who was on the undercard, I can't remember.

Those straight hands were landing from jump, and I cant explain why it took me 3 rounds to realize that Hatton would run out ideas midway through. Hatton may have been given some of those first few rounds, but Floyd was landing as well. Just like Cotto/Margarito I, it appeared as if Cotto banked the first half of the fight, but after watching it repeatedly, Margarito was landing some sick shit that shouldn't have landed (like those lunging uppercuts and hooks to the body).

Margarito let Cotto please the crowd and blow his load, while he (Margarito) was setting the pace for the fight and picking up punch volume. Same for Hatton/Mayweather...Ricky played into the crowd with his life-threatening and utterly courageous stupidity that he calls aggression, while Mayweather relaxed and landed accurate shots until Hatton wore down.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2011, 04:06 PM) *
Those straight hands were landing from jump, and I cant explain why it took me 3 rounds to realize that Hatton would run out ideas midway through. Hatton may have been given some of those first few rounds, but Floyd was landing as well. Just like Cotto/Margarito I, it appeared as if Cotto banked the first half of the fight, but after watching it repeatedly, Margarito was landing some sick shit that shouldn't have landed (like those lunging uppercuts and hooks to the body).

Margarito let Cotto please the crowd and blow his load, while he (Margarito) was setting the pace for the fight and picking up punch volume. Same for Hatton/Mayweather...Ricky played into the crowd with his life-threatening and utterly courageous stupidity that he calls aggression, while Mayweather relaxed and landed accurate shots until Hatton wore down.

Blow his load? That is a boxing referrence? Ewe. It reminds me whenever Marv Albert says "he went unmolested to the hole" that sounds so bad. The fight was a good one. Mayweather showed a lot of grit... Hatton came to fight but soon realized that his fighting skills was no match for Floyd. This next to the Gatti, Diego Corrales, and Judah fight had to be one of my favorites. Tyrese made it all worth while. CShels, you have to admit, he is a good singer.... lol laugh.gif
mrchitown
This fight was one of Floyd's best performances. He definitely put on a clinic and Hatton never backed down. I've heard some say that the way to beat Floyd is to make him fight every second of every round. Ricky executed that tactic and got KTFO.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 1 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Blow his load? That is a boxing referrence? Ewe. It reminds me whenever Marv Albert says "he went unmolested to the hole" that sounds so bad. The fight was a good one. Mayweather showed a lot of grit... Hatton came to fight but soon realized that his fighting skills was no match for Floyd. This next to the Gatti, Diego Corrales, and Judah fight had to be one of my favorites. Tyrese made it all worth while. CShels, you have to admit, he is a good singer.... lol laugh.gif

Yeah he blew his load...it sounds funny, but even funnier when Emmanuel Steward says it. It was a great performance, I must admit. And yes, dude can sing, but please dont ask me about how he looks...EVER again nono.gif

QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2011, 12:35 AM) *
This fight was one of Floyd's best performances. He definitely put on a clinic and Hatton never backed down. I've heard some say that the way to beat Floyd is to make him fight every second of every round. Ricky executed that tactic and got KTFO.

It was! He actually looked like he was being tested for the first couple of rounds, though he was landing with precision. That KO was embarrassing for Hatton, then his last fight in boxing happened to be that nasty KO loss to Pac...and it was worse at that point because Pac has NEVER KO'd an opponent with one punch no2.gif So yes, FMJ and Pac literally had their way with Ricky and passed him around...Im sure they will get together in the future and talk about how they beat Hatton down...just like when guys get together and talk about the same chick that they smashed back in the day laugh.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 12:47 AM) *
Yeah he blew his load...it sounds funny, but even funnier when Emmanuel Steward says it. It was a great performance, I must admit. And yes, dude can sing, but please dont ask me about how he looks...EVER again nono.gif

It was! He actually looked like he was being tested for the first couple of rounds, though he was landing with precision. That KO was embarrassing for Hatton, then his last fight in boxing happened to be that nasty KO loss to Pac...and it was worse at that point because Pac has NEVER KO'd an opponent with one punch no2.gif So yes, FMJ and Pac literally had their way with Ricky and passed him around...Im sure they will get together in the future and talk about how they beat Hatton down...just like when guys get together and talk about the same chick that they smashed back in the day laugh.gif

I will never ask you how he looks. You are right... Floyd had a great showing this fight. A great showing. I was hoping that the Ortiz fight would look like this but no, The jerk had to go and headbutt him. Oh well.

Men actually do that? Really? How sad, kind of gay if you ask me.
mrchitown
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2011, 11:47 PM) *

I'd like to be a fly on the wall during that conversation
mgrover
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 3 2011, 12:18 AM) *
I will never ask you how he looks. You are right... Floyd had a great showing this fight. A great showing. I was hoping that the Ortiz fight would look like this but no, The jerk had to go and headbutt him. Oh well.

Men actually do that? Really? How sad, kind of gay if you ask me.

its not really gay, but usually the first dude will say i ruined her, and the second dude will be like yeah i noticed. kinda like the FMJ vs hatton and then MP vs hatton lol
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 2 2011, 08:03 PM) *
its not really gay, but usually the first dude will say i ruined her, and the second dude will be like yeah i noticed. kinda like the FMJ vs hatton and then MP vs hatton lol

I guess men and women think different. I would feel sick to my stomach if I knew I smashed the same dude my home girl did vica versa. The thought alone....

Hatton was good for the sport. I am sorry he lost his nerve. But being knocked out twice I can see how that can hurt your psyche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.