Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Fighters Are You Ready To See Lose?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know...this appears to be a hate thread. If thats what you think, then you're ALMOST absolutely right laugh.gif Obviously, there are a few fighters on this list that are undefeated, and the rest have taken an "L" at some point of their career. At this point, some of us just may be ready to see them lose again, or in an even worse fashion laugh.gif Yeah, I know, it sounds brutal, but Im sure of you are gonna vote for a fighter and bash 'em anyhow!

My obvious choice at this moment is Tim Bradley. Though he may eventually grow on me (as Khan surprisingly did), Im just not sold on this mofo at the moment. His heart is unquestionable, but everything else is up for the questioning. Dude has absolutely NO PERSONALITY, and he does the best FMJ impression EVER.

It's obvious in ALL of his interviews...from the facial expressions, to the phrases,...everything EXCEPT skill and ring appeal. Speaking of skills...well, why are we speaking of them...he's nothing to see dntknw.gif For some reason, I still watch this guy's fights...maybe because Im waiting for 'em to take that nose dive! So I guess you can say, that I love to hate this disgraceful, chrome-dome, doppleganger mofo! His delusional sense of relevance and entitlement to bigger fights, make me cringe

With that said, this doesn't have to be a hate thread (though I'd rather enjoy a little heat in it, lol), but some of these fighters may need a loss in (in a great fashion), in order to boost their stock and get them to the next level. That may sound funny, but it happens often in the sport, and at times, its necessary for the fighter's career. If the fighter's not listed above, then name 'em and state why.

***Please dont DIRECTLY reply to this post...let's try not to slow down the bandwith. Go on ahead and hit that "add reply" button.
checkleft
Felix sturm and Chris john.
mgrover
MP for the obvious reason that he needs to lose to learn, he needs to go old school, he lacks that killer instinct, or maybe he really can't fight like that again?
Hittman25
Timothy bradley, devon alexander in the lou, chris john, adrain broner,floyd and pac
Cshel86
Good choices! Why though? I wanna hear it! laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2011, 01:32 PM) *
MP for the obvious reason that he needs to lose to learn, he needs to go old school, he lacks that killer instinct, or maybe he really can't fight like that again?

I think JMM just has his number, lol. No matter how many good moments he has against Juan, he always gets slapped in the face with the "bum stick!"
checkleft
QUOTE (Hittman25 @ Dec 1 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Timothy bradley, devon alexander in the lou, chris john, adrain broner,floyd and pac

Idk about broner.. he's still very young with a good skill set and nice natural talents. I picked john and sturm because they act all high and mighty because they fight no ones in their backyards.
pimpfighterROQ
I want to see Floyd lose. Not to hate please dont get that mixed up. But to me he's content of being undefeated and not necessarily being the best. I think he's the best fighter we ever have in our era period. A loss would push him and motivate him to just showcase his skills to beat everybody.
BoxingStill#1
Margarito....

No matter how many times he gets brutally beat or knocked out...

I could never get enough...

(Too bad im not gonna see it on the 3rd)...go Cotto
checkleft
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 1 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Margarito....

That's too good for marg. He should be in jail or banned for life, not getting paid to get beat..
Jack 1000
Picked Floyd for my obvious disdain of him as a person, BUT within that loss, if he ever loses, perhaps this could humble him more. Make him more mature, and less arrogant. Hey, it worked great for Roy Jones, who stopped being so full of himself after a loss, and developed into a great HBO commentator. Could something similar happen to Floyd?

Khan and Bradley are runners up. Don't really hate them, but I find Bradley to be boring most of the time. Khan owes Maidana a rematch too, whom I think beat him the first time.

Margacheato damn! I almost have to put him above Floyd! He should be in this list CShel! As the #1 dishonorable mention!

I don't mind Chavez Jr, but he should lose, because of the politics of where he is, just living off his fathers' name. He should be in this list as well!

No! Brandon Rios in this list? I am a huge Rios fan!!! LOL!

The Klits are often boring, but they dominate and get the job done.

Jack
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 1 2011, 02:25 PM) *
That's too good for marg. He should be in jail or banned for life, not getting paid to get beat..

I couldn't agree more my dude...

He should never be allowed to lace em' up again imo..

Not to mention is chances to regain a title AFTER he was caught..

Shut is sickening
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 1 2011, 02:20 PM) *
Margarito....

HOW CRUEL OF YOU BOX!! Well, nahhh nea.gif you're pretty much spot on with this one laugh.gif That dude deserves brutal beatings in this lifetime AND the next one! Sad to say, he'll be victorious this weekend though! War Margarito!
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 1 2011, 02:27 PM) *
Picked Floyd for my obvious disdain of him as a person, BUT within that loss, if he ever loses, perhaps this could humble him more. Make him more mature, and less arrogant. Hey, it worked great for Roy Jones, who stopped being so full of himself after a loss, and developed into a great HBO commentator. Could something similar happen to Floyd.

Khan and Bradley are runners up. Don't really hate them, but I find Bradley to be boring most of the time. Khan owes Maidana a rematch too, whom I think beat him the first time.

Margacheato damn! I almost have to put him above Floyd! He should be in this list CShel! As the #1 dishonorable mention!

I don't mind Chavez Jr, but he should lose, because of the politics of where he is, just living off his fathers' name. He should be in this list as well!

No! Brandon Rios in this list? I am a huge Rios fan!!! LOL!

The Klits are often boring, but they dominate and get the job done.

Jack

laugh.gif Oh Jack...the few and far in between, but super-serious rants about your oh so strong dislike for Floyd are worth paying for, in my book! It was especially funny after the Ortiz fight laugh.gif I dont think anything will humble Floyd at this point, I mean really, most of the world felt bad for RJJ when Tarver put him to sleep...not sure if the world will feel the same about Floyd. In fact, he may catch the vapors even worse after he loses, as much as people hate him. I see the weirdest things happening if and/or when he loses.

The economy will suddenly recover, families will take vacations, people will get job promotions, kids will love their parents again...you know, stuff like that. Im sure that would be a joyous event for some people to see Floyd layed out cold....thats how bad it is. So nah, I dont see him getting humble...he will have to fight the media even more.

I didn't out Margacheato up there because I knew name would come up eventually laugh.gif Low and behold! I may need to put Chavez Jr up there and take Rios down, I just named him because he's undefeated laugh.gif I will hold my bid for Khan, since Im starting to like where his career's going.
BoxingEinstein

Margarito. I want to see him get demolished like when he fought Mosley. When Mosley was punishing him for trying to cheat against him with that plaster shit I know Brother Nazim was like, "Look Shane this muthafucka was trying to cheat and clobber you with a cast. Now I need you to go over our gameplan and knock this muthafuckas head off this planet becuz obviously he thought he could get away with it. Now send his Mexican ass back to the cartel in shambles."

I would love to also see Devon Alexander get pummeled against Maidana but it looks like Alexander will again fight in St.Louis (smfh) Maidana WILL have to KO him if that happens but that's ok thats Maidana # 1 objective anyway or bring you hell and he's done that to pretty much every opponent.

I also wanted Wlad to lose since to me he is more of the bitch between the Klit Bros.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mayweather lose because I think it would push Floyd to say. "FUCK PPV" I'm gonna kick everybody's ass just like his persona was in his 130 weight class. But I doubt it will happen so we'll see.
Allmenjoi8
I voted for Amir Khan, the guy gets on my nerves. He talks and talks and talks! He beat Jab "I use to be able to fight" Zudah. And now he thinks he is hotter than Tyson Beckford. Give me a break. I would of voted for Chavez Jr. and Canelo Alavarez but it is a waste of time. Both will be exposed sooner or later. I just hope when Chavez Jr. is Sergio's Brunch he will retire. When Canelo loses to Ortiz his hair will turn black or a sandy blond.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (BoxingEinstein @ Dec 1 2011, 01:44 PM) *
Margarito. I want to see him get demolished like when he fought Mosley. When Mosley was punishing him for trying to cheat against him with that plaster shit I know Brother Nazim was like, "Look Shane this muthafucka was trying to cheat and clobber you with a cast. Now I need you to go over our gameplan and knock this muthafuckas head off this planet becuz obviously he thought he could get away with it. Now send his Mexican ass back to the cartel in shambles."

I would love to also see Devon Alexander get pummeled against Maidana but it looks like Alexander will again fight in St.Louis (smfh) Maidana WILL have to KO him if that happens but that's ok thats Maidana # 1 objective anyway or bring you hell and he's done that to pretty much every opponent.

I also wanted Wlad to lose since to me he is more of the bitch between the Klit Bros.

I wouldn't mind seeing Mayweather lose because I think it would push Floyd to say. "FUCK PPV" I'm gonna kick everybody's ass just like his persona was in his 130 weight class. But I doubt it will happen so we'll see.

Yup!

Devon Alexander has judge love in St. Louis that may be almost as strong as judge Eugenia Williams and her love of Holyfield!!! LOL!

Jack
BoxingStill#1
Yes yes yes... music to my ears....

The sweet sound of the towel flying through the air.. almost in slow mo... landing on the blood stained canvas where Marg is standing..desperately trying to keep himself up.. laying on the ropes crouched over from the punishing left hooks he is receiving to the body but unable to SEE them because of the swelling and permanent blindness in the right eye...the ref leaps in and tries to call a halt as Cotto throws a devastating blow to the beaten head of the Cheater... knocking him sensless and causing a nearly fatal concussive damage...the Porta Ricans stand up... the doctors rush in.... its a epic night in boxing...

....no such luck though....
BoxingEinstein
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 1 2011, 03:09 PM) *

The sweet sound of the towel flying through the air.. almost in slow mo... landing on the blood stained canvas where Marg is standing..desperately trying to keep himself up.. laying on the ropes crouched over from the punishing left hooks he is receiving to the body but unable to SEE them because of the swelling and permanent blindness in the right eye...the ref leaps in and tries to call a halt as Cotto throws a devastating blow to the beaten head of the Cheater... knocking him sensless and causing a nearly fatal concussive damage...the Porta Ricans stand up... the doctors rush in.... its a epic night in boxing...

Here's my own play out..

As Margarito looks up from his stool at the screen from the top of the ring. His bruised face, swollen left cheek, sweat dripping but it isn't cleansing or washing away his bloodied nose. He looks calm on the left side of the face but on the right side his recently surgically repaired right eye is bleeding and looking pushed in. From the very round his opponent and rival Miguel Cotto started targeting it, it's gotten worse. From then on a ring side doctor has been very vocal and contemplating ending the fight if Maragrito keeps taking damage to that eye. Margarito responds with stupid Mexican bravado, "Si Senior.
Estoy ok. Será vencer a su culo" The doctor walks off. The round starts. Cotto finds his rhythm and boxes beautifully and doesn't back up but brings the fight to Margarito.
Every time Margarito tries to throw them slow ass uppercuts Cotto holds and then bangs away at the body while mixing it up with several right and left hooks up stairs. Margarito is stunned badly by 3 hard left hooks to the face and his eye is bleeding profusely. Cotto smells the blood and brings no mercy with every punch he brings to hurt. Cotto mixes it up hitting him with hard hooks to the body and even through a upper cut to give Maragrito a taste of his own medicine. A left, a left, a left., another hard left hook lands, Cotto holds as Margarito tries to fire off and Cotto again bangs away at the body. A HUGE hard left hooks land on the eye of Margarito and the ref hops in but it is too late.

Cotto wails on that right eye as the blood come spurting out of it and it is swollen to grotesque size. Margarito drops and Cotto with his hands raised running to the ring post standing as a proud Puerto Rican victor. With his own damage to his face shown he's smiling as the crowd goes wild screaming..."COTTO...COTTO....COTTO"
Cshel86

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Oh the glory of such a moment rolleyes_anim.gif
PColeman28
I picked the klit brothers more specifically Wlad.......I just feel he's garbabe, but he uses his skill set to the best of his abilities and he wins, but i just want someone else to rise up in that division to compete with these dudes...... but broner is very young, he is very beatable, i wanna see him lose just because lol...for some reason he irritates me like he's trying to mimic floyd and he's not fighting....natural lol...but he's winning so if it aint broke then don't try to fix it....I wonder about floyd being humbled by loss, but i feel he would commit suicide or something lol, but seeing him lose would be interesting just to see how it effects him....MP...he's lost 3 times and 2 draws...i don't care if he loses again nothing exciting there just another loss really......Khan....he's gotten pretty cocky seems like these days, but he's grown on me too...i just wanna see him fight like a maidana again, or a bradley...speaking of bradley, he is super boring and isn't very good...but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say his last performance was bad because of the long lay off, but i wanna see him fight more,at least 3 times a year that way he'll get exposed and defeated....canelo is cool i just want him to beat JCC jr who i don't like and i don't think he's very good either....
Cshel86
I would love for Scrappy Doo Bradley to take Alexander's place and get the puppy shit beat outta him by Maidana! That Casamayor circus was a fuckin' joke aggressive.gif Somebody please tell Bradley how many stops you have to make before you pass go and collect $200 dntknw.gif For some reason this dude has mentally gone from A to Z and thinks he deserves a shot. Fuck outta here! laugh.gif
Plah
I picked Chavez jr because he is shit. And Cotto will win by UD on saturday. Sig bet anyone?
Cheesey1
I also question Bradley's commitment. Just compare the types of comments that he makes as opposed to Khan. Khan at least says that he can beat anybody out there (obviously not true, but if I was a pro boxer I'd say the same things too and if I lost, so be it), whereas Bradley recently said that he can "compete" with the top names. WTF is that? I don't want to watch you compete Tim, I'd like to watch you try to win.
bnoles4life
Klit brothers, hands down! I don't care if it is NOT their fault the HW division is pretty sparse....they should intentionally lose, in an effort to garner more interest. (<----Skip Bayless thought-processing going on here).

As far as Floyd, my dude BETTER NOT lose...not necessarily b/c I'm a fan, but b/c NO ONE will deserve the backlash he'd receive should he lose...well, at least not anyone who hasn't raped and pillaged a village, anyway.
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 1 2011, 06:51 PM) *
I think JMM just has his number, lol. No matter how many good moments he has against Juan, he always gets slapped in the face with the "bum stick!"

its not just jmm, like against margarito looking at the ref to stop it rather than destroying him some more, or in the shane mosley fight all buming up to him. allowing his opponents to survive is just wrong
dhoward126
I am hurting to see Devon Alexander get dominated and stopped in St. Louis, only to reveal that despite the dominating nature of the stoppage that he was ahead on all three of the judges scorecards. I'm already rooting for Maidana.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Plah @ Dec 1 2011, 06:10 PM) *
I picked Chavez jr because he is shit. And Cotto will win by UD on saturday. Sig bet anyone?

Yeah Chavez is the duke of all shits! laugh.gif I like how slid the sig bet in there ok.gif ...now let's see how takes it. If I have enough to drink before Saturday and Im on the board, I may just have scrub the floor with Seek's limp-wrist ass! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cheesey1 @ Dec 1 2011, 06:28 PM) *
I also question Bradley's commitment. Just compare the types of comments that he makes as opposed to Khan. Khan at least says that he can beat anybody out there (obviously not true, but if I was a pro boxer I'd say the same things too and if I lost, so be it), whereas Bradley recently said that he can "compete" with the top names. WTF is that? I don't want to watch you compete Tim, I'd like to watch you try to win.

I remember that nincompoop actually spewed out some bullshit along the lines , "An what if I lose the fight against Khan? That will mess up my chances for a Pacquiao or a Mayweather fight." What a doofus!

QUOTE (mgrover @ Dec 1 2011, 08:32 PM) *
its not just jmm, like against margarito looking at the ref to stop it rather than destroying him some more, or in the shane mosley fight all buming up to him. allowing his opponents to survive is just wrong

Im actually glad he was looking to the ref to stop the Margarito fight, though it didn't happen. We probably woudn't even be talking about a Cotto/Margarito fight right now, if Pac would've went berzerk and destroyed him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (dhoward126 @ Dec 1 2011, 08:44 PM) *
I am hurting to see Devon Alexander get dominated and stopped in St. Louis, only to reveal that despite the dominating nature of the stoppage that he was ahead on all three of the judges scorecards. I'm already rooting for Maidana.

Oh shit, whats up Danny! I actually posted something in your Q&A thread last week. Oh yeah...thanks to your Mr. Miyagi advice on Devon Alexander this summer...I've seen the light. Im becoming less and less of a fan laugh.gif I've found that path to righteouness!!! Good stuff though.
BoxingFan86

Did you just have an orgasm? laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 2 2011, 12:05 AM) *

Lmao! Good one Box! You already know he's gonna get you back for that one laugh.gif
streetlion1
Im ready to see Pacquiao get exposed by Floyd Mayweather....he was already exposed once again by Marquez but I firmly believe Mayweather would out class and stop him.
mrchitown
I'd like to see Khan lose just because he's so annoying. Bradley is another who runs his mouth and he couldnt knockout a 5th grader. Devon is over-rated to me, he gets home cooked meals in STL all the time. I hope Maidana stops him in that fight
Cshel86
QUOTE (mrchitown @ Dec 2 2011, 01:00 AM) *
I'd like to see Khan lose just because he's so annoying. Bradley is another who runs his mouth and he couldnt knockout a 5th grader. Devon is over-rated to me, he gets home cooked meals in STL all the time. I hope Maidana stops him in that fight

+2
mgrover
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 01:52 AM) *
Im actually glad he was looking to the ref to stop the Margarito fight, though it didn't happen. We probably woudn't even be talking about a Cotto/Margarito fight right now, if Pac would've went berzerk and destroyed him.

i didnt i wanted him to probably kill margs i was were pissed off at the hand wraps thing, if pacman stopped him or koed him he would of broken him
BoxingStill#1
QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 2 2011, 12:05 AM) *

Lol... good one floyedsfa....I mean boxingfan......lol..

Actually yeah...I think it would be somewhat orgasmic to see Cotto beat his face in.. yes..lol

I think you took my tone of "yes yes yes" wrong...lmao... it was more like goldmember..
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 2 2011, 07:26 AM) *
Lol... good one floyedsfa....I mean boxingfan......lol..

Actually yeah...I think it would be somewhat orgasmic to see Cotto beat his face in.. yes..lol

I think you took my tone of "yes yes yes" wrong...lmao... it was more like goldmember..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
daprofessor
i like all the fighters on that list...but only one of them should have been banned from boxing. smile.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 2 2011, 01:43 PM) *
i like all the fighters on that list...but only one of them should have been banned from boxing. smile.gif

C'mon Professor...I know you've got to wanna see one of these mofos get floored laugh.gif
daprofessor
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 03:05 PM) *
C'mon Professor...I know you've got to wanna see one of these mofos get floored laugh.gif

it's inevitable. at some point...they all will get floored unless they are smart enough to get out before that happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.