Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime(Showbox)@11PM(ET)/8PM(PT)-Direll-St. Justie
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Jack 1000
Could be an interesting card.

Jack
Cshel86
Romero is catching Avalos with those rights!
Cshel86
Damn Avalos just stole the round with that last second knockdown.

10-8 for Avalos

Where tha hell is everybody? laugh.gif
Cshel86
Avalos's left hook has death written all over it, but no body work from him dntknw.gif
Cshel86
I gave the 2nd and 3rd to Avalos, because he looked stronger, landed more, and cut the ring off. Problem is, Romero is stanig his ground though he is taking shots.
Cshel86
The 4th goes to Romero, his counters are slowing Avalos down, and again, he continues to stand his ground thuogh he is still getting touched. Avalos is just running into shit.
Cshel86
5th goes to Avalos. Both guys were landing hard shots, but Avalos landed more often. Romero needs to stop dipping back on the ropes so hard during exchanges...its giving the judges the idea that he's not taking the ounches well...though he is. Again...where tha hell is everybody? aggressive.gif
Cshel86
Gave the 6th to Romero. That right uppercut of his has found its home and his movement and counter punching has got Avalos following him and running into stuff. Romero also got the best of that final exchange.
Cshel86
Avalos is a sucker for Romero's right hand no2.gif
Cshel86
7th for Romero. He slipped most of those ounches and gave 'em back to Avalos. He just doesn't have enough power to put Avalos away, and Avalos still has bad intentions.
Cshel86
Romero's in trouble...
Cshel86
Avalos takes the 8th. He punched himself out, and Romero landed a few uppercuts towards the end of the round, but Avalos closed it in good fashion.
Cshel86
Romero hurt Avalos twice...well, looks like Avalos is about to go down if he doesn't stop walking into 'em. Romero definitely took control of that round. Either Avalos has a mack-truck chin or Romero just doesn't have enough power. Great round!
Cshel86
I love how Romero steps hard to Avalos left side (lead foot) and lands that right over the top! He damn near turns Avalos when he gets ready to land. This round is a stinker though because Romero is basically on his bike, so he may lose this round.
Cshel86
Romero may have given that round up dntknw.gif , but they are saying that he won that round.
Cshel86
Card 1: 96 - 93 Romero
Card 2: 95 - 94 Avalos
Card 3: 96 - 94 Romero

Split decision for Romero. I cant argue with the cards at all, but I was hoping that Romero wasn't fucking himself by not throwing as many punches and looking bad against the ropes early (though he was slipping them).

I had it 95 - 94 for Avalos. I liked Romero's style, but he left too much doubt by taking all of those punches, leaning on the ropes during exchanges, and not being able to hurt Avalos convincingly (other than the 9th round).

On the other hand, Romero was countering Avalos well, landing those right uppercuts and overhand rights, and slipping Avalos's punches on the ropes during exchanges (though the judges may not have looked at it as slipping punches). If you're going to be a counterpuncher, you shouldn't leave too much doubt in the judges mind. Great fight for both of these guys!
Cshel86
The only disadvantage for Dirrell is this nasty afro of his. He has height, reach and age advantage. Let's see!
Cshel86
Forgot how quick and slick Dirrell was!
Cshel86
Of course the 1st went to Dirrell. Quick as fuck! He needs to be careful with St-Juste...looks like this motherfucker may wanna revert back to that kickboxing and throw a kick in between exchanges laugh.gif
Cshel86
Second goes to Dirrell. St-Juste landed a couple of big lefts, but got countered immediately.
Cshel86
3rd goes to Dirrell...though there isn't much going on. He's landing that couonter left with ease.
Cshel86
Dang that was a nasty clash of heads. Dirrell fell downafter that shit.
Cshel86
A shoulder injury for St-Juste. WTF just happened? Did he just pull a B-Hop with no foul?
Cshel86
Dirrell takes the W and moves on as a mandatory for Froch. Okay so they showed the injury and it happened during the clash of heads...legit. Now Dirrell's calling out Bute.

"I wish yall the best in the Super Six, but yall gotta come see The Dog now". Hahahaha!!! Now Andre is in the back saying, "Nah, I like Bute, I want Bute next". This is gonna be interesting.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 11:03 PM) *
Card 1: 96 - 93 Romero
Card 2: 95 - 94 Avalos
Card 3: 96 - 94 Romero

Split decision for Romero. I cant argue with the cards at all, but I was hoping that Romero wasn't fucking himself by not throwing as many punches and looking bad against the ropes early (though he was slipping them).

I had it 95 - 94 for Avalos. I liked Romero's style, but he left too much doubt by taking all of those punches, leaning on the ropes during exchanges, and not being able to hurt Avalos convincingly (other than the 9th round).

On the other hand, Romero was countering Avalos well, landing those right uppercuts and overhand rights, and slipping Avalos's punches on the ropes during exchanges (though the judges may not have looked at it as slipping punches). If you're going to be a counterpuncher, you shouldn't leave too much doubt in the judges mind. Great fight for both of these guys!

I thought it was a bad call. Romero had balls and never stopped coming making many rounds competititve, but not enough to win them. I had Avalos comfortably ahead 7-3. With the knowckdown on points, that would be 97-92. I could see that maybe being a little too wide and would accept 96-93, something like that. But a Romero win? No No.

Jack
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.