Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rios Loses His Title At The Weigh-In
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Cshel86

According to Boxing Scene, Rios lost his title at the scale this evening by coming in 1.4 lbs over the lightweight limit of 135. He was given an hour to shed the weight, and weighed in at 136.6...so yes, that title was out the window. At this point, he's not allowed to gain more than 10 lbs by Saturday's weigh-in...so he cant weigh anything over 146.6.

Its weird because Rios usually rehydrates to around 150-153 lbs by fight night. This reminds me of De La Hoya only being able to rehydrate so many pounds before his fight with Pacquiao, and we all saw how he performed. Rios looks dead on the scale and its obvious in his eye area and his face also looks sucked in like a skeleton no2.gif...not a good look. Does anyone think that we'll see a weight-damaged Rios tomorrow night?

Thoughts?
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 10:42 PM) *

According to Boxing Scene, Rios lost his title at the scale this evening by coming in 1.4 lbs over the lightweight limit of 135. He was given an hour to shed the weight, and weighed in at 136.6...so yes, that title was out the window. At this point, he's not allowed to gain more than 10 lbs by Saturday's weigh-in...so he cant weigh anything over 146.6.

Its weird because Rios usually rehydrates to around 150-153 lbs by fight night. This reminds me of De La Hoya only being able to rehydrate so many pounds before his fight with Pacquiao, and we all saw how he performed. Rios looks dead on the scale and its obvious in his eye area and his face also looks sucked in like a skeleton no2.gif...not a good look. Does anyone think that we'll see a weight-damaged Rios tomorrow night?

Thoughts?

Daaaayum, homey....u used to be the maaaan, homey!
checkleft
I bet arum is pissed.

I was laughing though when I saw the pictures.. in boxing when a guy usually has a mustache or goatee and he shaved it off before the scale it more than likely means they're having some trouble making weight.

He looks terrible.

Upset???
bnoles4life
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2011, 11:03 PM) *
I bet arum is pissed.

I was laughing though when I saw the pictures.. in boxing when a guy usually has a mustache or goatee and he shaved it off before the scale it more than likely means they're having some trouble making weight.

He looks terrible.

Upset???

Remember on that Marg/Cotto 24/7, they were eatin' good.....I guess too heavy on the Carnitas
Cshel86
I knew it would catch up with him one day, but I didn't know how soon. I mean, rehydrating almost 20 lbs at these smaller weights, either means that a guy needs to move up or he has bad habits between fights. He JUST won that title this summer, and now look...

checkleft
QUOTE (bnoles4life @ Dec 2 2011, 11:09 PM) *
Remember on that Marg/Cotto 24/7, they were eatin' good.....I guess too heavy on the Carnitas

Yea those carnitas are a bitch Haha..
checkHook
I saw that pic and all I could think of was Skeletor....

"People of Eternia!!!"
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkHook @ Dec 2 2011, 10:29 PM) *
I saw that pic and all I could think of was Skeletor....

"People of Eternia!!!"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2011, 10:21 PM) *
Yea those carnitas are a bitch Haha..

Ay check... I will be standing up singing the Mexican National Anthem with pride tomorrow night! Thats gotta be the best anthem...well next to the Star Spangled Banner! yahoo.gif
mrchitown
That's messed up for him. I hope he still puts on a great performance but that weigh-in pic makes me think otherwise
Jack 1000
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 2 2011, 09:03 PM) *
I bet arum is pissed.

He looks terrible.

Upset???

He looks awful! Damn! A question, if he gains hypothetically more than the allowed weight, do they have to cancel the fight?

Jack
checkleft
Well according to ring he had to give up 20k to his opponent for the extra pound, so I'm guessing they will just fine him.. but who knows
Cshel86
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Dec 2 2011, 11:00 PM) *
He looks awful! Damn! A question, if he gains hypothetically more than the allowed weight, do they have to cancel the fight?

Jack

I pray that dont cancel the fight, in the event that he does come in over 146.6...it stated that both camps agreed that the fight would go on if Rios made 146.6, but Im almost guessing that they will pull the plug if he doesn't. Me personally, I dont believe that the fight should cancelled if Rios comes in 1 pound over the agreed weight limit for tomorrow.

I mean damn, its not like Murray wont be in any more danger than he would've been in if Rios would've rehydrated to around 154. If anything, Rios is fucked, whether the fight gets cancelled and he doesn't get paid, or if he comes in not fully rehydrated.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 2 2011, 08:42 PM) *

Thoughts?

He looks like Skeletor's little brother. I have no respect for fighters who can't make weight so I hope he gets his arse beat.
Cshel86
Looks like he's posing for a military pic laugh.gif Nah, this is more like an Ollin Mills shot from the 90's!
dhoward126
Can't say I didn't tell ya'll so.
leonthegee
Get in my belly. I want my baby back baby back baby back baby back. Chillis baby back ribs.
checkleft
He just weighed in at 146.4
Cshel86
QUOTE (checkleft @ Dec 3 2011, 03:18 PM) *
He just weighed in at 146.4

Lucky bastard...dont know how far that luck will run him tonight dntknw.gif
MaxPayne
Rios gets hit way too fucking much for my liking. His opponent landed damn near 300 punches on him in the fight. I'll reserve final judgment on him until I see him fight at 140, but he looked so God awfully flabby that I wonder whether 5 lbs will even make a difference.

I had previously wondered whether they were grooming the guy to at some point be a potential Pacquiao opponent down the line, but honestly, he'd get strafed with punches and would be stopped by the 6th round, real talk.
bnoles4life
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2011, 02:08 AM) *
Looks like he's posing for a military pic laugh.gif Nah, this is more like an Ollin Mills shot from the 90's!

Naw, my dude...Olan Mills from the 80s
Cshel86
Hahahaha!!! I remember taking some pics in the '90s!
Cshel86

Hahahahaha!!!
daprofessor
rios' days are numbered. his only advantage at 135 is that he is bigger and stronger than the guys he's fighting. moving up to 140 means the end of his short career. dude can't block an uppercut to save his life. marquez would destroy him.
Cshel86
QUOTE (daprofessor @ Dec 5 2011, 04:03 PM) *
rios' days are numbered. his only advantage at 135 is that he is bigger and stronger than the guys he's fighting. moving up to 140 means the end of his short career. dude can't block an uppercut to save his life. marquez would destroy him.

Thats gonna be the thorn that never comes out of his ass, if he doesn't make some adjustments. Im not sure exactly how long he'll be able to keep that bad defense up, but its his career, so what can we do dntknw.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.