Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT);Cotto vs. Margarito II: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Box in Hand
Masterful round for Cotto.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Rivado @ Dec 4 2011, 12:36 AM) *
Cotto doing his impression of DLH in Delahoya vs Trinidad now

Tell me about it...
pimpfighterROQ
Please don't stop that fight!! His eye is fine!! lol
Cshel86
What tha fuck!!! Okay...nevermind...
Rivado
Is the ring bigger than the first one? Cotto using it and Margs having a hard time reaching Cotto.
Rivado
toe to toe
Cshel86
This shit is about to be over real soon...glad I didn't sig bet on this...
Rivado
Fight stopped
JonnyBlaze
Geez. Margarito is getting massacred!!!
wolterb
rd?
Warlord
Cotto tried to make it a fight in the 9th and got tagged with some hard shots. He might still take the round, but he doesn't want to fight Marg like that for 3 more rounds. He'll stay on his toes if he knows whats good for him.

This fight may be stopped soon because of that eye.
Cshel86
Son of a muthafucker!!! WTF???
Warlord
Ref stops it. Horse shit. Marg had a decent round there.
Box in Hand
Vengeance is mine says Cotto. Thank you for proving me wrong and putting on a masterful performance.
Rivado
Early stoppage but better safe than anything. Margs is done. Good win for Cotto bring on Manny Pac one more time!
BigFightFan
Cotto did what I thought he couldn't!
Warlord
Man Cotto's wife is smoking hot with those huge ass titties. What a lucky fucking dog.
JonnyBlaze
Margarito lookin like sloth.I expect the first words out of his mouth to be "HEYYYYY YOUUUU GUYSSSS!"
Cshel86
Storybook bullshit no2.gif Now Cotto can go on to get his ass handed to him by somebody else...or maybe Bob will keep giving him soft touches until he retires.
mrchitown
I'm glad to see that Cotto won
Cshel86
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 12:49 AM) *
Man Cotto's wife is smoking hot with those huge ass titties. What a lucky fucking dog.

Ha! If she claps any harder, they're gonna fall out laugh.gif
pimpfighterROQ
Cotto better give the biggest "THANK YOU" card to Pacquiao for that win
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:50 AM) *
Storybook bullshit no2.gif Now Cotto can go on to get his ass handed to him by somebody else...or maybe Bob will keep giving him soft touches until he retires.

Dude, Margarito didn't have plaster of paris to break Cotto down this time. How was any of it bullshit? Margarito was completely outboxed all night. He landed some good shots but Cotto destroyed him all night.
Cshel86
Puerto "Ricuh"??? C'mon Steward...sound that shit out before you say it man!
sduck
I couldn't call the results of the fight or exactly how it'd take place, but I was right about somethings. Of course Margarito used illegal wraps the first fight, it's obvious on how his punches had no snap to it but were so effective. They both fought the exact same way this fight, but the effects were different... I figured Margarito's eye wouldn't hold up. I didn't like the stoppage, it was only because of the eye. But whatever to the eyes of many Cotto achieved justice, congrats.
Box in Hand
No excuses Margarito got outboxed and got the dog shit beat out of him. He had no business in that ring tonight and shame on the doctors who cleared him cause that eye is dead and has been since Pacquaio.
Hops
Yeah. And Floyd Mayweather must be cursing, "Fuck! Now, they've got Pacquiao vs Cotto II". My easy money is gone.
Box in Hand
Oh and Margarito most definitely used illegal wraps in the first fight. Any intelligent man can see that.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 12:53 AM) *
Dude, Margarito didn't have plaster of paris to break Cotto down this time. How was any of it bullshit? Margarito was completely outboxed all night. He landed some good shots but Cotto destroyed him all night.

Sigh...true. True, true, true. Maybe I wanted to see a couple more rounds. Funny how they let Pac nearly kill this guy, but they gave the eye so much focus tonight. Different state, different comission though.
streetlion1
Cotto put on a great performance!! Margacheato never had a chance...first time I've really seen Cotto utilize clinching...he fought a near perfect fight.

*Sidenote*...on the UK stream I was watching before the fight they said there was news that if Cotto won he was in line to face Mayweather on May 5th since his contract with Bob Scare-um is up....I hope its true...my dream fight should happen............bring on Cotto vs Mayweather May 5th!!!!!
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 3 2011, 11:56 PM) *
Cotto put on a great performance!! Margacheato never had a chance...first time I've really seen Cotto utilize clinching...he fought a near perfect fight.

*Sidenote*...on the UK stream I was watching before the fight they said there was news that if Cotto won he was in line to face Mayweather on May 5th since his contract with Bob Scare-um is up....I hope its true...my dream fight should happen............bring on Cotto vs Mayweather May 5th!!!!!

I had the same stream so yup let's make that fight happen. I got Floyd by UD in a very interesting but one sided arse whooping.
Cshel86
WTF??? C'mon Steward..."vigan" instead of "villian"...then this asshole said "e-light" instead of "elite". Sound it out Steward no2.gif And yes...those wraps were definitely loaded in the first fight.
Warlord
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:51 AM) *
Ha! If she claps any harder, they're gonna fall out laugh.gif

I wish they would've. Cotto's a legend for bringing her to the stands dressed like that. What a champion for humanity.
Warlord
Someone put up a gif of Cotto's wife clapping. It was that epic.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 3 2011, 11:59 PM) *
WTF??? C'mon Steward..."vigan" instead of "villian"...then this asshole said "e-light" instead of "elite". Sound it out Steward no2.gif And yes...those wraps were definitely loaded in the first fight.

That decrepit motherfucker always says e-light. You would think someone would correct him but I guess it's their own little entertainment.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:59 AM) *

The outcome of this fight makes one wonder.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:56 AM) *
Sigh...true. True, true, true. Maybe I wanted to see a couple more rounds. Funny how they let Pac nearly kill this guy, but they gave the eye so much focus tonight. Different state, different comission though.

hahaha. Yeah, you're right. They allowed Pac-man to do the damage to the eye(pay back for the plaster) so they thought they'd give him a break tonight.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 12:02 AM) *

Yo we need you to put that up in here.
RyanTical
According to "The Islander" from Boxing info (www.youtube.com/boxinginfo) -- Margarito's handwraps weren't loaded and it was all a clever rouse from the HBO commentators to present it as such.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:59 AM) *

Manny was sayin all this? Hahaha. I was on a UK stream so I didn't hear Manny talking.
streetlion1
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 3 2011, 11:58 PM) *
I had the same stream so yup let's make that fight happen. I got Floyd by UD in a very interesting but one sided arse whooping.

I've been hoping for that fight for a while...I would pick Floyd by UD too...but I think Cottos jab, body attack, and skill would have him on the defensive and it wouldnt be that one sided....I've always said stylistically Cotto is one of the toughest fights for Mayweather. Mayweather UD 115-113
JonnyBlaze
Will someone post a pic of his wife tonight? I couldn't see her due to the stream. haha. You guys won't stop talkin about her so I gotta see.
BoxingFan86
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:54 AM) *
Puerto "Ricuh"??? C'mon Steward...sound that shot out before you say it man!

When he said that shit the 1st time, I thought it was a mistake, but then he said it again laugh.gif. SMH!
streetlion1
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 12:06 AM) *
Will someone post a pic of his wife tonight? I couldn't see her due to the stream. haha. You guys won't stop talkin about her so I gotta see.

She does look good...I saw on 24/7 that she has ass too...nummy! thumbsup_anim.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:05 AM) *
I've been hoping for that fight for a while...I would pick Floyd by UD too...but I think Cottos jab, body attack, and skill would have him on the defensive and it wouldnt be that one sided....I've always said stylistically Cotto is one of the toughest fights for Mayweather. Mayweather UD 115-113

Same feeling here.
MaxPayne
Called it. I know the doctors would take an extra dosage of "Bitchassness Serum", allowing them to stop the fight at the first sign of trouble.

All jokes aside, great result for Cotto. He looked real sharp in there with his movement and straight punch combinations. I SINCERELY HOPE that he doesn't renew his agreement with Top Rank and goes on to greener pastures, such that we can see a possible Mayweather fight at a catchweight.

Or maybe I need to put the crack pipe down, since filthy Arum will find a way to dash such dreams.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 01:01 AM) *
I wish they would've. Cotto's a legend for bringing her to the stands dressed like that. What a champion for humanity.

I appreciate his gesture thumbsup_anim.gif

QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 01:02 AM) *

Im on it right now...

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 01:02 AM) *
That decrepit motherfucker always says e-light. You would think someone would correct him but I guess it's their own little entertainment.

He just fuckin' makes up words...I have yet to grasp why...maybe Im not supposed to.

QUOTE (BoxingFan86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:03 AM) *
The outcome of this fight makes one wonder.

No more wondering from this point on. Whether they were loaded or not, HBO milked the unknown to make a big fuss of it...promotion.

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 01:03 AM) *
hahaha. Yeah, you're right. They allowed Pac-man to do the damage to the eye(pay back for the plaster) so they thought they'd give him a break tonight.

Yep! Pac was whooping his ass, and they called that revenge for the wraps. Cotto obviously beat him tonight, but that dude could've kept going with that eye...its not like Toney cared anyway laugh.gif

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 01:05 AM) *
Manny was sayin all this? Hahaha. I was on a UK stream so I didn't hear Manny talking.

Consider yourself fortunate...it was quite embarassing no2.gif
RyanTical
According to Cotto-- he is staying with Top Rank because he "loves Bob Arum". That's all good, but I wouldn't want to see a Mayweather-Cotto fight. At this point and time, Mayweather fighting Cotto would create an uproar because Floyd is fighting Pacquiao's "leftovers". I have always said that Mayweather needs to take on opponents Pacquiao hasn't fought yet.

However, if Cotto did decide to take on Mayweather-- Cotto would be eating straight rights from round one. A completely one-sided affair. A more interesting fight for Cotto would be Alvarez or Chavez. I wouldn't mind throwing Martinez in there but I doubt Arum would want to negotiate a fight with Lou DiBella because of the whole random drug testing issue.
BoxingStill#1
Well deserved moment for a well deserved champion.

Perfectly fought...

Im a happy camper tonight..

Bob doesn't cash in on Cotto yet...

We will not see a Mayweather fight no more than we would see the Pacman fight.

In the same respect,...though a fight with Kirkland, or Canelo would be fun for us and good for him should he win,..its not a very business savvy move for them... If they take a loss it would be horrible for them at this point in there career...

So I was wrong about Cotto tonight... I love being proved wrong sometimes..

Gn fh.....
The Original MrFactor
This fight was very similar to the 1st one, to me. I saw Cotto winning the fight on the outside. Margarito disrupted where he could with body shots on the inside. The biggest difference was the eye. Cotto did a much better job of clinching this time. Nearly the same fight. The hand rap issue will never be resolved. I think Cotto was able to avoid more punches due to his clinching and Margarito's vision problems. When Margarito tagged his body, it was clear that he hurt Cotto, same as the first fight. Cotto's face was getting broken up too. It was a good fight, but it didnt provide closure to me. I wish the Doctor had let it go. I picked Cotto to win, but I didnt really root for either guy. Just wanted a good fight for my money. HBO still owes people for the Mayweather and Hopkins fights.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.