Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT);Cotto vs. Margarito II: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:05 AM) *
I've been hoping for that fight for a while...I would pick Floyd by UD too...but I think Cottos jab, body attack, and skill would have him on the defensive and it wouldnt be that one sided....I've always said stylistically Cotto is one of the toughest fights for Mayweather. Mayweather UD 115-113

I also agree. I don't see many body punches landed on Mayweather because of how he holds his hands in his stance(left arm across stomach and right hand by chin). I think Cotto's jab would be a big factor in the fight though. DLH did best when he was using his jab against Mayweather and Cotto has a great jab as well.I'd pick Floyd to win a close fight though. Street is on point but my scorecard would probably be 116-113. I definitely see some rounds be even and there is a chance of a knockdown caused by a big punch/combo or flash knockdown.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:18 AM) *
Consider yourself fortunate...it was quite embarassing no2.gif

Wow, Manny sometimes slips up but it sounds like he had a really really bad night tonight.
Cshel86
QUOTE (BoxingStill#1 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:20 AM) *
Well deserved moment for a well deserved champion.

Perfectly fought...

Im a happy camper tonight..

Bob doesn't cash in on Cotto yet...

We will not see a Mayweather fight no more than we would see the Pacman fight.

In the same respect,...though a fight with Kirkland, or Canelo would be fun for us and good for him should he win,..its not a very business savvy move for them... If they take a loss it would be horrible for them at this point in there career...

So I was wrong about Cotto tonight... I love being proved wrong sometimes..

Gn fh.....

Drink one for me down there!
RyanTical
Margarito should retired. Margarito can't afford to sustain anymore damage to that eye.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Dec 4 2011, 01:19 AM) *
According to Cotto-- he is staying with Top Rank because he "loves Bob Arum". That's all good, but I wouldn't want to see a Mayweather-Cotto fight. At this point and time, Mayweather fighting Cotto would create an uproar because Floyd is fighting Pacquiao's "leftovers". I have always said that Mayweather needs to take on opponents Pacquiao hasn't fought yet.

However, if Cotto did decide to take on Mayweather-- Cotto would be eating straight rights from round one. A completely one-sided affair. A more interesting fight for Cotto would be Alvarez or Chavez. I wouldn't mind throwing Martinez in there but I doubt Arum would want to negotiate a fight with Lou DiBella because of the whole random drug testing issue.

That's fucking horrible to hear, that he's basically going to renew his deal at Top Rank. Who do they even have in their stable that they can match him up against ? Vanes Martinosyan or whatever the fuck his name is ?
JonnyBlaze
Styles make fights. While I could see Mayweather landing his right hand on Cotto often I also see Cotto doing some good work on him. Like I said, Cotto's jab would be key on Floyd while right hands are Pac-man's weakness.
RyanTical
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 3 2011, 10:26 PM) *
That's fucking horrible to hear, that he's basically going to renew his deal at Top Rank. Who do they even have in their stable that they can match him up against ? Vanes Martinosyan or whatever the fuck his name is ?

Chavez Jr., unless Arum is willing to negotiate with GBP for a potential Alvarez fight if he isn't next in line to fight Mayweather.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 01:23 AM) *
I also agree. I don't see many body punches landed on Mayweather because of how he holds his hands in his stance(left arm across stomach and right hand by chin). I think Cotto's jab would be a big factor in the fight though. DLH did best when he was using his jab against Mayweather and Cotto has a great jab as well.I'd pick Floyd to win a close fight though. Street is on point but my scorecard would probably be 116-113. I definitely see some rounds be even and there is a chance of a knockdown caused by a big punch/combo or flash knockdown.

Mayweather's reach would allow him to easily dominate Cotto. Thats his secret weapon. That allowed him to completely outbox JMM. That would allow him to beat Pacquiao and Cotto too. His punches will always get there first and he has a great wide stance that allows him to be able to move well before these little guys can catch him. DLH gave Mayweather some issues with the jab because of his size and his ability to get to Mayweather based on that size and reach. Cotto wont be able to jab Mayweather. He'd have to try to bull rush him and hit his body. Doing that, he will get Hattoned.
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 01:17 AM) *
Called it. I know the doctors would take an extra dosage of "Bitchassness Serum", allowing them to stop the fight at the first sign of trouble.

Hahahaha!!! You're right! Its bad though, because Toney's eye Was shut, so I couldn't say much.

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 01:25 AM) *
Wow, Manny sometimes slips up but it sounds like he had a really really bad night tonight.

At this point, Im sure he knows how fucked up he sounds...but he just goes through the motions for the hell of it no2.gif
streetlion1
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 4 2011, 12:30 AM) *
Mayweather's reach would allow him to easily dominate Cotto. Thats his secret weapon. That allowed him to completely outbox JMM. That would allow him to beat Pacquiao and Cotto too. His punches will always get there first and he has a great wide stance that allows him to be able to move well before these little guys can catch him. DLH gave Mayweather some issues with the jab because of his size and his ability to get to Mayweather based on that size and reach. Cotto wont be able to jab Mayweather. He'd have to try to bull rush him and hit his body. Doing that, he will get Hattoned.

Hatton is no Cotto lol...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:30 AM) *
Hahahaha!!! You're right! Its bad though, because Toney's eye Was shut, so I couldn't say much.

At this point, Im sure he knows how fucked up he sounds...but he just goes through the motions for the hell of it no2.gif

Hahaha. Dude that had me crackin up reading that.
Box in Hand
Everyone on here should be damn proud of Cotto for exacting revenge. There's no excuses. The doctors did the right thing. If they had let it go one the risk to permanent damage could have happened. Margarito was getting the dog shit beat out of him so there was no need.
RyanTical
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2011, 10:29 PM) *
Styles make fights. While I could see Mayweather landing his right hand on Cotto often I also see Cotto doing some good work on him. Like I said, Cotto's jab would be key on Floyd while right hands are Pac-man's weakness.

Cotto would definitely be very offensive in the opening rounds during Floyd's "feeling out process". Despite that, the mid-rounds when Mayweather starts to light the fires will tell the tale, Cotto will fall short due to his relentless attitude in the ring in addition to his lack of any real defense-- his face would be target practice for the righthand-lead. And I'm assuming we will see the defensive-minded Mayweather, not the batshit crazy Floyd we seen fight Victor Ortiz. If we'd be so lucky to get the aforementioned-- Cotto will be feeling the wrath sooner than later.

Mayweather 117-111.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Dec 4 2011, 01:30 AM) *

Very good points. Mayweather's reach is ridiculous for his height. How long are Cotto's arms do you know? Floyd's are like 26 right? I forget. I don't think Cotto would bull rush him since he's too smart for that now. He'd need to move around, parry jabs and get closer through side steps.

Haha. I remember when we started saying phrases based on what happened to some guys like getting Hattoned. Shit was too funny. Also there was Oscar'd. I've been waiting to hear from some of the older guys but theres few still on here it seems. Glad you're still on MrFactor
streetlion1
Cottos wife deserves her own thread lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Dec 4 2011, 01:36 AM) *
Cotto would definitely be very offensive in the opening rounds during Floyd's "feeling out process". Despite that, the mid-rounds when Mayweather starts to light the fires will tell the tale, Cotto will fall short due to his relentless attitude in the ring in addition to his lack of any real defense-- his face would be target practice for the righthand-lead. And I'm assuming we will see the defensive-minded Mayweather, not the batshit crazy Floyd we seen fight Victor Ortiz. If we'd be so lucky to get the aforementioned-- Cotto will be feeling the wrath sooner than later.

Mayweather 117-111.

Cotto has decent defense but it wasn't shown in this fight. He just wanted pay here tonight. One of the smartest things Cotto did tonight was hold on when he didn't want to fight. Last fight I don't think he ever held and allowed the beating to continue.
RyanTical
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Very good points. Mayweather's reach is ridiculous for his height. How long are Cotto's arms do you know? Floyd's are like 26 right? I forget. I don't think Cotto would bull rush him since he's too smart for that now. He'd need to move around, parry jabs and get closer through side steps.

Haha. I remember when we started saying phrases based on what happened to some guys like getting Hattoned. Shit was too funny. Also there was Oscar'd. I've been waiting to hear from some of the older guys but theres few still on here it seems. Glad you're still on MrFactor

According to wikipedia-- Floyd has a 72" reach. I assume that is 36" for each arm?
Aware
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:40 AM) *

I thought Margarito's wife looked better tonight.
JonnyBlaze
Cotto's wife watching Cotto being beaten
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Dec 4 2011, 01:41 AM) *
According to wikipedia-- Floyd has a 72" reach. I assume that is 36" for each arm?

No. Not exactly. I have a 76' reach and my arms are 28'' long. Sonny Liston may be one of the only guys to be around 36'' and I don't even know if his were that long. Reach includes the back and shoulder width.

A lot of people think reach plays a factor but it doesn't at all. Finger length is another factor to take into consideration. Arm length is arm pit to the end of a clinched fist.
Cshel86
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 4 2011, 01:33 AM) *
Hahaha. Dude that had me crackin up reading that.

I mean really, he just says whatever. Especially at the end of a fight when a fighter isn't throwing anything, here goes Steward..."At this point, he should be layin' it "awww" on the line". Dude...dont you mean "all"?

QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 01:33 AM) *
Everyone on here should be damn proud of Cotto for exacting revenge. There's no excuses. The doctors did the right thing. If they had let it go one the risk to permanent damage could have happened. Margarito was getting the dog shit beat out of him so there was no need.

I will consider the celebration of the "Gentle Rican" in the morning. In the meantime, his wife's hotness will suffice.
RyanTical
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Dec 3 2011, 10:45 PM) *
No. Not exactly. I have a 76' reach and my arms are 28'' long. Sonny Liston may be one of the only guys to be around 36'' and I don't even know if his were that long. Reach includes the back and shoulder width.

Then I guess each arm is 26" then. My arms from armpit to the end of the fist is 31".
Cshel86
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:40 AM) *

+1

Anytime...
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Dec 4 2011, 01:47 AM) *
Then I guess each arm is 26" then. My arms from armpit to the end of the fist is 31".

How tall are you?

Also, in the Corrales fight they say how long Mayweather's arms are but I don't want to go back to check.
xxxxxx
Congrats to Cotto!! No need for a trilogy fight here, but wouldn't mind watching Cotto beat Margarito like a human punching bag again lol. Margarito is a BUM. He got a good chin and good stamina, but that is only gonna give him brain damage in the long run in addition to a lot of L'S on his record. Great night for Cotto fans and boxing fans worldwide.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2011, 01:53 AM) *
that is only gonna give him brain damage in the long run in addition to a lot of L'S on his record.

A fat paycheck will make anybody forget about these factors...
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 12:47 AM) *
I mean really, he just says whatever. Especially at the end of a fight when a fighter isn't throwing anything, here goes Steward..."At this point, he should be layin' it "awww" on the line". Dude...dont you mean "all"?

I will consider the celebration of the "Gentle Rican" in the morning. In the meantime, his wife's hotness will suffice.

No shit. She almost looks Asian too and them titties are amazing and she got ass.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:57 AM) *

Hey Jack Daniels, how did Mike Jones fair?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 01:57 AM) *
No shit. She almost looks Asian too and them titties are amazing and she got ass.

I have no complaints yes2.gif
Hotsauce
are the mayweather/cotto rumors true?
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:59 AM) *
Hey Jack Daniels, how did Mike Jones fair?

As a matter of fact, I was drinking Jack Daniels. Mike Jones sucked a gofer's fat furry ass laugh.gif He had a nasty afro too!
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:57 AM) *

yeah I'm sure he got paid, but his days collecting them big checks are FINISHED. I GUARANTEE everyone of his future opponents gonna be targeting that eye and it aint gonna hold up. The Pacman did a number on that chit and that dont bold well for Maracheato in the future.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 4 2011, 02:02 AM) *
are the mayweather/cotto rumors true?

Not this soon...but who knows dntknw.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 4 2011, 02:41 AM) *
I thought Margarito's wife looked better tonight.

I'm sorry to be such a dick, but you're obviously retarded or well on the way to it. There's no comparison.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2011, 02:04 AM) *
yeah I'm sure he got paid, but his days collecting them big checks are FINISHED. I GUARANTEE everyone of his future opponents gonna be targeting that eye and it aint gonna hold up. The Pacman did a number on that chit and that dont bold well for Maracheato in the future.

I agree about his career, but windbag Arum can still pull a fast one out of his ass and do a rubber match with these guys. I mean, its all gonna go in his pockets anyway. If he can nearly make a JMM/Pac 4, then he surely can make this a rubber match.
Warlord
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:18 AM) *
I appreciate his gesture thumbsup_anim.gif

Im on it right now...

You're the man. Johnny Blaze will thank you.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 02:08 AM) *
You're the man. Johnny Blaze will thank you.

clapping.gif
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 03:08 AM) *
I agree about his career, but windbag Arum can still pull a fast one out of his ass and do a rubber match with these guys. I mean, its all gonna go in his pockets anyway. If he can nearly make a JMM/Pac 4, then he surely can make this a rubber match.

I dont know if your aware of it or not, but Cotto is prolly done with Top Rank and Margarito.
Aware
QUOTE (Warlord @ Dec 4 2011, 02:07 AM) *
I'm sorry to be such a dick, but you're obviously retarded or well on the way to it. There's no comparison.

Just provide evidence, no need for name calling yet.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 4 2011, 02:22 AM) *
Just provide evidence, no need for name calling yet.

Good idea.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2011, 02:20 AM) *
I dont know if your aware of it or not, but Cotto is prolly done with Top Rank and Margarito.

From what I've heard, Cotto is staying with TR. Until that becomes a fact, I will be quiet about it.
MaxPayne
Mayweather's arm length, measured from the arm-pit to the end of the closed fist is generally known to be 26.5 inches. His overall wingspan is 72 inches.

To put that in perspective, Andre Ward, a full-fledged Super Middleweight, has a wingspan of 71 inches.

Mayweather's abnormally long arms and speed are a deadly combination at the weight classes he has fought in.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 02:26 AM) *
Mayweather's arm length, measured from the arm-pit to the end of the closed fist is generally known to be 26.5 inches. His overall wingspan is 72 inches.

To put that in perspective, Andre Ward, a full-fledged Super Middleweight, has a wingspan of 71 inches.

Mayweather's abnormally long arms and speed are a deadly combination at the weight classes he has fought in.

Very true. It's funny how Corrales had short arms for someone his height and Mayweather has really long arms for someone his height.
xxxxxx
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 03:24 AM) *
From what I've heard, Cotto is staying with TR. Until that becomes a fact, I will be quiet about it.

Cotto don't need Top Rank no more. You heard the crowd...the man is a superstar right now. Besides he seems like a guy that wants to make his own decisions now unlike Pacman. With that said, if he does fight a rubber match I would love to watch Cotto beat that azz again. That would be fun.
Cshel86
QUOTE (xxxxxx @ Dec 4 2011, 02:32 AM) *
Cotto don't need Top Rank no more. You heard the crowd...the man is a superstar right now. Besides he seems like a guy that wants to make his own decisions now unlike Pacman. With that said, if he does fight a rubber match I would love to watch Cotto beat that azz again. That would be fun.

Cant argue with that cool.gif
Aware

VS

Neither are dime pieces imo. Cotto's wife puts more makeup on and does her hair super nice. I give it to Margarito's wife though.
Cshel86
Margarito's wife is hotter, but Cotto's wife was the hottest tonight! Cleavage played a big part in that tonight...
Aware
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:39 AM) *
Margarito's wife is hotter, but Cotto's wife was the hottest tonight! Cleavage played a big part in that tonight...

Ok haha. I'd say Mosley has the hottest girl right now. Mayweather's ain't bad either.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 4 2011, 02:41 AM) *
Ok haha. I'd say Mosley has the hottest girl right now. Mayweather's ain't bad either.

You know, if I had to rank all of the women in the lives of Oscar, Mayweather, Pacman, Cotto, Cheato and Mosley, it'd run something like this:

1) Mosley's bitch (Bella Gonzales I think her name was ?)
2) Millie De La Hoya
3) Miss Jackson
4) Tie between Cotto and Cheato's bitches.
5) Jinkee

Fuck the dumb shit, how does Mosley win that particular contest ?

Also, is Oscar fucking stupid ? Why is he messing around with these random hoes when he has a THANG like Millie to get action from every night ?
Cshel86
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.