Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@9PM(ET)/6PM(PT);Cotto vs. Margarito II: SPOILERS 15 Mins. Later
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
MaxPayne
It's really, really close between Millie and Miss Jackson I should say. There's something amazing about a beautiful black woman like Shantel. Ok, I need to stop drinking before tomorrow's hangover becomes a motherfucker.
MaxPayne
Mad respect to Cheato for coming forward all fight. He's frontin' when he claims that Cotto hits like a bitch. That shit he kept getting hit with wasn't no joke. Cheato's career is basically over. Either that, or he should take a full year off to ensure that he's completely healed from the eye injury, or we'll just keep getting more stoppages like this. Also, maybe he could learn to actually, you know, DEFEND AGAINST LEFT HOOKS while he's taking time off ?
Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 02:55 AM) *
I need to stop drinking before tomorrow's hangover becomes a motherfucker.

laugh.gif Too late Max! Go ahead and take a BC powder right now!
Cshel86
Am I the only one still drinking???
Hotsauce
i need some alize
Cshel86
QUOTE (Hotsauce @ Dec 4 2011, 03:05 AM) *
i need some alize

...HOPEFULLY mixed with some Hennessy...I dont know ANY dudes that just drinks Alize straight...
Aware
I think Margarito has been a shot fighter since the Mosley fight. He didn't look great in his tune up bout against a no name and we all know the beating he took against Pac. He seems to be throwing all arm punches now (including pac fight). I know he has always been slow, however, I see it even more so now. He can't really set up any power punches that involve his lower body. Max Kellerman implicitly said on numerous occasions after the fight that Margarito definitively used illegal wraps in the first fight. I'm not trying to hate on Cotto cuz he is a great fighter, but honestly I think he loses to Canelo Alvarez right now by ko or tko.
JONdaCON817
Yeaa Cotto beat that ass.. I tried to tell em!

Ayy if Marg does ever fight again he should get in there with Mayorga. Let them both take turns punching each other and sayin it don't hurt. Lol.

Ayy shout outs to Carmelo for showing his fellow Boricua love. Puerto Rico baby. Home of the fine food and even finer women. Cottos wife is fine, but she's an average Puerto Rican. Mehhhh.
MSG
In my opinion not saying Margarito would have won clearly Cotton was winning the fight. But in the other I saw the fight slightly changing Cotton very well could have got KO in the later rounds. He won but there was some heat coming his way btwn the 10-12 rounds not bcse marg was doing anything diffrent moreso Cotto habits...
streetlion1
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 4 2011, 01:35 AM) *

VS

Neither are dime pieces imo. Cotto's wife puts more makeup on and does her hair super nice. I give it to Margarito's wife though.

I like my woman to be thick...Cottos wife has ass and that cleavage was outta control...I think she blows Cheatos wife outta the water.
streetlion1
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 01:52 AM) *
You know, if I had to rank all of the women in the lives of Oscar, Mayweather, Pacman, Cotto, Cheato and Mosley, it'd run something like this:

1) Mosley's bitch (Bella Gonzales I think her name was ?)
2) Millie De La Hoya
3) Miss Jackson
4) Tie between Cotto and Cheato's bitches.
5) Jinkee

Fuck the dumb shit, how does Mosley win that particular contest ?

Also, is Oscar fucking stupid ? Why is he messing around with these random hoes when he has a THANG like Millie to get action from every night ?

What about Carl Frauds bitch? Not my type...but very pretty face.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:03 AM) *
As a matter of fact, I was drinking Jack Daniels. Mike Jones sucked a gofer's fat furry ass laugh.gif He had a nasty afro too!

I asked if he won, not if he sucked. But that is the Jack talking. And how is it that other posters can talk about Cotto's and Margarito's wife but I mention Tyrese and it is all bad? And you along with everyone who commented on the fighters wife's are way offtopic.gif
QUOTE (Aware @ Dec 4 2011, 02:35 AM) *

VS

Neither are dime pieces imo. Cotto's wife puts more makeup on and does her hair super nice. I give it to Margarito's wife though.

+1 but you are still offtopic.gif

QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:39 AM) *
Margarito's wife is hotter, but Cotto's wife was the hottest tonight! Cleavage played a big part in that tonight...

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 02:55 AM) *
It's really, really close between Millie and Miss Jackson I should say. There's something amazing about a beautiful black woman like Shantel. Ok, I need to stop drinking before tomorrow's hangover becomes a motherfucker.

offtopic.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif And I am not being a hater
MaxPayne
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Dec 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *
What about Carl Frauds bitch? Not my type...but very pretty face.

You know what homey, she's really cute in like, a British white girl kind of a way. Very pretty girl, and she'll openly talk about their sex and life and shit from what I can gather, which I actually respect...for some reason, it makes me think we could kick it and she could almost be one of the homeys.

I don't usually go for white chicks, but she's definitely in that "exceptions" category.

Back to the fight, if there was one critic I had of Cotto, it's that I didn't really see that left hook to the body that he throws so well. Of course, Margacheato is such a hittable fighter from a face perspective, that it's easy to have tunnel vision. Oh well, left hook upstairs was working all the same haha.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 11:44 AM) *
I asked if he won, not if he sucked. But that is the Jack talking. And how is it that other posters can talk about Cotto's and Margarito's wife but I mention Tyrese and it is all bad? And you along with everyone who commented on the fighters wife's are way offtopic.gif

+1 but you are still offtopic.gif

offtopic.gif thumbsdown_anim.gif And I am not being a hater

...And again, Allmenjoi blesses the masses with her sense of "wittiness" and undying urge to discuss male vs female standards and such. Go figure. The reason that your Tyrese talks got shot down, was because you were asking me (along with other MALE posters), whether or not Tyrese looked good nono.gif Big ass fail.

For the record, again, Mike Jones sucks ass in a major. I know that you asked whether or not he lost, but what was the point of asking that when the fight results are all over the place by now? Again...very "witty" of you :no: There's no way in the world this dude should already be talked of being the best, and he couldn't even put away that bum last night.

***One more thing...how can you come in at the 11th hour of a thread that you weren't active on the WHOLE time, and start yapping about who's off topic? Aren't you ALWAYS off topic? Again...go figure.
MaxPayne
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:36 PM) *

...And again, Allmenjoi blesses the masses with her sense of "wittiness" and undying urge to discuss male vs female standards and such. Go figure. The reason that your Tyrese talks got shot down, was because you were asking me (along with other MALE posters), whether or not Tyrese looked good nono.gif Big ass fail.

For the record, again, Mike Jones sucks ass in a major. I know that you asked whether or not he lost, but what was the point of asking that when the fight results are all over the place by now? Again...very "witty" of you :no: There's no way in the world this dude should already be talked of being the best, and he couldn't even put away that bum last night.

***One more thing...how can you come in at the 11th hour of a thread that you weren't active on the WHOLE time, and start yapping about who's off topic? Aren't you ALWAYS off topic? Again...go figure.

Much respect to Tyrese though. He's the sort of guy that, if he was taking your girl out to dinner, I'd be a nervous the whole time.

You know mayne, I thought it was just me, but it's interesting that more of us think that Mike Jones sucks donkey balls. I mean, he has like, NO punching power...those Argentine guys are tough to fuck with, but Lujan didn't even look like he had been in a fight. For a tall guy, Jones has an ok jab, but no other straight punches. At first I was thinking that he should move up in weight, but if he has such little bitchass power at 147, he'll get owned by the dogs up in 154.

Cshel86
QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Much respect to Tyrese though. He's the sort of guy that, if he was taking your girl out to dinner, I'd be a nervous the whole time.

Agreed laugh.gif

Let's cut the Tyrese talk though...dont wanna give SOMEBODY a reason to start spewing out nonsense...especially if she didn't watch the fight last night. So there's bound to just be talks about Tyrese, men vs women, and a bunch of other "off topic" hogwash...just for the sake of her posting. Both wives were hot last night, but Cotto's wife took the cake with her "cakes" last night laugh.gif

QUOTE (MaxPayne @ Dec 4 2011, 01:46 PM) *
You know mayne, I thought it was just me, but it's interesting that more of us think that Mike Jones sucks donkey balls. I mean, he has like, NO punching power...those Argentine guys are tough to fuck with, but Lujan didn't even look like he had been in a fight. For a tall guy, Jones has an ok jab, but no other straight punches. At first I was thinking that he should move up in weight, but if he has such little bitchass power at 147, he'll get owned by the dogs up in 154.

Man, Mike Jones has some heavy lifting to do before I even speak of matching him with any elite/nearly elite fighters. I mean his skills are a bit above average, but Im still not sold on him.

NO punching power either, as you stated. He just has the skills to get those precise angles to land effective punches that lead to KO's...not necessarily that "one-punch" power. He needs to stay at 147 and work on turning his punches, then maybe my opinion will change, being the fact that I gave him the benefit of the doubt not too long ago.
PColeman28
Arum put jones in the spotlight with all that he might fight pacquiao talk(awhile ago), so last night we expecting big things from a guy who WAS going to fight pacquiao and all we see is a C - fighter lol.....Which just goes to show how Full of Shit Bob Arum is.....But as for Cotto...he did what i expected him to do...and out box margarito.....I would watch a Cotto Vs Canelo fight at 154 for the belts....
Cshel86
QUOTE (PColeman28 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:06 PM) *
Arum put jones in the spotlight with all that he might fight pacquiao talk(awhile ago), so last night we expecting big things from a guy who WAS going to fight pacquiao and all we see is a C - fighter lol.....Which just goes to show how Full of Shit Bob Arum is.....But as for Cotto...he did what i expected him to do...and out box margarito.....I would watch a Cotto Vs Canelo fight at 154 for the belts....

Exactly! Arum knows what he's doing with his fighters...too bad some of the fighters dont know how to play along laugh.gif Cotto vs Canelo is definitely a good luck! Canelo's a straight bull and Im wondering if Cotto will be able to take one of his punches, in the event that one lands flush. Cotto/Canelo in the Cowboys stadium!...no arena in NY or Mexico will be able to hold all of those fans.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:36 PM) *

Hangover? Well I guess sarcasm does not work well anyone on Sundays. I did not ask male posters if Tyrese looked good, I just asked you in a joking manner. But since you have 0 sense of humor, I will know next time.

the 11th hour? I told you I was not going to watch the fight... All I wanted to know did Mike Jones win, and he is not a bum. Stop be a hater.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:37 PM) *
Hangover? Well I guess sarcasm does not work well anyone on Sundays. I did not ask male posters if Tyrese looked good, I just asked you in a joking manner. But since you have 0 sense of humor, I will know next time.

the 11th hour? I told you I was not going to watch the fight... All I wanted to know did Mike Jones win, and he is not a bum. Stop be a hater.

Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 01:43 PM) *

Classic.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 03:05 PM) *
Classic.

Thats all I can do Box laugh.gif Sometimes, no words at all, are better than a long, informative, and convincing explanation that will more than likely be serially ignored by somebody who's itching to respond with more nonsense dntknw.gif
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Thats all I can do Box laugh.gif Sometimes, no words at all, are better than a long, informative, and convincing explanation that will more than likely be serially ignored by somebody who's itching to respond with more nonsense dntknw.gif

clapping.gif Touche
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:12 PM) *
Thats all I can do Box laugh.gif Sometimes, no words at all, are better than a long, informative, and convincing explanation that will more than likely be serially ignored by somebody who's itching to repsond with more nonsense dntknw.gif

I have given that look to dippy chicks on many occasions. Sometimes words just bounce off the walls with no effect but give em that look and they go freakin haywire lmfao.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 02:39 PM) *
clapping.gif Touche

Did you just say touche? I'm sorry but this is not 18th Century France. This here is a boxing forum where we come to talk the beautiful sport of pugilism. Don't bring them French words up in here. I'm still agitated about you talking bout Tyrese up in here.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 04:04 PM) *
I have given that look to dippy chicks on many occasions. Sometimes words just bounce off the walls with no effect but give em that look and they go freakin haywire lmfao.

laugh.gif

Im watching the fight again...does anyone feel that Cotto's "constant movement" turned into running after a while? I mean, I know that he's not supposed to just stand there and get hit...no fighter should. In the same breath, it was nothing more than the same thing he did in the first fight, so thats what baffles me a bit. I remember somebody on here saying that Cotto did a "De La Hoya" move in the Trinidad fight. Agree? Yay? Nay?
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Cshel86 @ Dec 4 2011, 03:10 PM) *
laugh.gif

Im watching the fight again...does anyone feel that Cotto's "constant movement" turned into running after a while? I mean, I know that he's not supposed to just stand there and get hit...no fighter should. In the same breath, it was nothing more than the same thing he did in the first fight, so thats what baffles me a bit. I remember somebody on here saying that Cotto did a "De La Hoya" move in the Trinidad fight. Agree? Yay? Nay?

Cotto gets on his bike when the heat is on. It was basically the same fight as the first with two minor adjustments. He rolled punches better and he clinched. He still can't avoid uppercuts and he still takes too many shots to the body. And what happened to the pretty left to the body he used to have? Margarito can't take it to the body. It's how Manny and Shane both began their attacks and it's what opened everything else up.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 04:14 PM) *
Cotto gets on his bike when the heat is on. It was basically the same fight as the first with two minor adjustments. He rolled punches better and he clinched. He still can't avoid uppercuts and he still takes too many shots to the body. And what happened to the pretty left to the body he used to have? Margarito can't take it to the body. It's how Manny and Shane both began their attacks and it's what opened everything else up.

Thats what I thought, he played it a bit smarter. He did clinch last night! Thats some shit that he attempted in the first fight, AFTER he started getting hurt, which was then too late.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 05:06 PM) *
Did you just say touche? I'm sorry but this is not 18th Century France. This here is a boxing forum where we come to talk the beautiful sport of pugilism. Don't bring them French words up in here. I'm still agitated about you talking bout Tyrese up in here.

The e is suppose to have an accent on it but you got what I was saying. That Tyrese comment was for Zatoichi. And what is wrong with French words?

Back to boxing.... I did not watch the fight but I read it was stopped in the 10th rounds, was the fight going that bad that they had to stop it was was it more of his eye was the key issue? I dug the cornrolls, even though no man over 20 should sport cornrolls, live it in the 90s.
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 4 2011, 04:22 PM) *
The e is suppose to have an accent on it but you got what I was saying. That Tyrese comment was for Zatoichi. And what is wrong with French words?

Back to boxing.... I did not watch the fight but I read it was stopped in the 10th rounds, was the fight going that bad that they had to stop it was was it more of his eye was the key issue? I dug the cornrolls, even though no man over 20 should sport cornrolls, live it in the 90s.

I'm not gonna touch on the cornrows remark. His eye was pretty bad and he was taking an ass whoopin so it was best to stop it. And there is nothing wrong with French it was a joke.
Cshel86
Im still pissed at Rios nono.gif
PColeman28
Yea, if cotto fought canelo....that would make a grip of money considering the amount of fans they have........At times in the fight cotto did get on the bike a little bit especially when marg would get pissed and try to press the action which at that point cotto would move around and eventually clinch, which i assumed he was trying to slow the pace down a little bit basically trying to keep control of the flow of the fight....I think cotto did a great job, in my opinion looked better with this trainer than he did with stewart....
Cshel86
Yeah I think we've seen the last of the "slug it out" Cotto. He moves a lot nowadays, maybe because he wants to preserve his menatl capacity after his career is over. It was just so "sensitive" of the world to sympathize with Cotto last night...HBO staff just outdid themselves with their massive man-crushes and the excessive regards for the good guy getting revenge for his still "alleged" robbery of his undefeated status.

I believe the safe and smart answer for the predicted winner was "Cotto" of course, especially if you were asked that shit on national televison laugh.gif Its funny how the world was pulling Cotto, but they were on edge the whole fuckin' time, just incase something went wrong laugh.gif Dont you just love the irony? I just noticed that Larry Merchant wasn't there last night, or maybe I was almost on "Stupor Status" last night during the fight.
PColeman28
Hahaha very true.....Larry merchant wasn't at the pac vs marquez fight either.....maybe he's on vacation lol
Seek
I thought it was an alright scrap. Margarito was coming on after the 4th or so but we did see some changes from miguel. He was staying off the ropes and clinching/crowding marg. Good movement turning marg. I was upset tho because he neglected the body again. Only in the first round or so cotto threw body punches. Great job at targeting the eye. After the 6th the eye was shut n cotto was teeing off landing at will. Had the fight continued marg would just have been even mored damaged. See ya later cheato! Now lets see mosley retire marg for good!
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Dec 4 2011, 05:30 PM) *
I'm not gonna touch on the cornrows remark. His eye was pretty bad and he was taking an ass whoopin so it was best to stop it. And there is nothing wrong with French it was a joke.

I am not tripping on the French comment, i could careless, I only like their fries and wines! Food is okay but nothing to write home about.

So the stop was justified. I wonder what he will do next? El Chapo is looking for a heavy
checkleft
Card wasn't as good as I thought, the wolak Rodriguez fight stole the show for me.

In the cotto fight I think it was a bad stoppage because the eye was in the same condition it was three rounds before. It looks a lot like what margarito said, they were protecting cotto. Even though I think cotto would have made it to the finish on his feet. And its no wonder I think that was the "specialist" arum brought in.

Very disappointed with cotto, first rounds he fought almost perfectly. Almost exactly how mosley fought marg, stepping in with the jab everytime margarito started pressuring and throwing shots rather than running.
But then he started running couldn't put anything on his punches and he did NO body work!!!!

He fought the exact same fight other then the first few rounds.
Cotto should retire like he always wanted to do, early, if he does not sign with golden boy.
Because arum will milk him until he gets retired by putting him in fights like the chavez fight. He cannot win that fight. If he doesn't retire gbp has about 4 winnable entertaining fights he could make.
Kirkland, angulo, Canelo, and mayweather. A victor ortiz fight would be very good I think too.

I just look at it this way marg could not take mosleys shots, cotto did. Cotto also hurt mosley in their fight. It honestly looks like cotto is just scared of marg. I mean why not circle push off throw stiff jabs and hard shots to the body in the clinch? It's less exhausting and it doesn't encourage margarito like when you start running.. he should have kept steward as his trainer. He made cotto step forward with his jab move enough work the body and sit on his punches.

And is it me or is mike jones the black equivalent of Paulie maliganagi??
PColeman28
I don't think the stoppage was bad because even though the eye looked shut to us, marg could actually still see 3 rounds before it was stopped, after each round they checked to see if it was closed.....the round before they stopped it, margs corner talked the doctors in letting him fight, but margarito wasn't doing enough to show that letting him fight was worth it.....so it was stopped......
Cshel86
Exactly Checkleft! Im starting to like this a lot less, everytime I discuss it. Cotto's performance was okay, a bit similar to the first fight, but he was a bit too careful this time to the point that it almost looked like he was running. The undercards didn't quite live up to the hype...except the Wolak/Rodriguez rematch, but even then, I believe I was expecting too much based on the first fight. The fans sucked major ass no2.gif

Those motherfuckers were there to see Cotto and Cotto only...and they could've gave less than a shit about the other fights. What really blew me were the MALE celebrities who went into full blown man-crush mode and drooled over a chance to snap pics with Cotto in the dressing room no2.gif Where the fuck were yall when he stepped foot in MSG? When did it become manly to do such things, especially when a man has to be 110% focused on a rematch of a fucked up first fight with such speculated circumstances?

As far as Mike Jones...what about him? He could possibly go down as carbon copy of Paulie laugh.gif He stunk, but they kissed his ass as well. I was VERY disappointed with Rios and his lack of discipline which led to that nonsense on the scales. He took forever to get Ground's Keeper Murray outta there.
checkleft
Haha.. they were doing a good job of kissing ass.

That's probably why Larry wasn't there he probably would have been taking shots at Jones rios and cotto all night long.
Genius
I agree with most of what been said about the fight but what the hell was with the lets go to the dressing rooms over and over again like it was rasslin...then brother Nazim showed up...this shit was too much lol. And lol if Robert Garcia gonna sacarfice his training career by loading Tony wraps.
Cshel86
QUOTE (Genius @ Dec 5 2011, 12:30 AM) *
what the hell was with the lets go to the dressing rooms over and over again like it was rasslin...then brother Nazim showed up...this shit was too much lol. And lol if Robert Garcia gonna sacarfice his training career by loading Tony wraps.

Simple answer...a bunch attention whores with their thumbs up their asses laugh.gif It doesn't get any easier than that. I mean seriously, they took it waaaay too far when they kept going to locker room and tryng to hype up the story no2.gif

Robert Garcia doesn't care anyway...Im pretty sure he's made more money off of Margarito in the last year and a half, than he's made training thus far. Trust me, we all know how that goes, money will make somebody either remember something, forget something, or blatantly disregard something.
sduck
Like I said earlier in the thread, I didn't like the stoppage because it was ONLY because of the eye. If Pacquiao didn't fuck that eye up, it would of went to a decision. I thought Cotto was winning anyways. They both fought exactly the same as they did the first fight, the only difference is that Cotto didn't gas out because Margarito's punches weren't as effective this time around (handwraps laugh.gif)

I didn't pay much attention to the undercards because I had a lot of on my mind. I didn't like what I saw in Rios, didn't look strong like he did in his previous fight. I think I payed less attention to the Rodriguez-Wolak fight, but I definitely did see the last round and Wolak got his ass whooped.
I like Mike Jones' craft as a fighter, the HBO commentators, I think Max Kellerman compared him to Vernon Forrest. They are pretty similar, but Forrest was a bigger puncher IMO. Anyone that can put Shane Mosley on his ass is definitely a pretty big puncher.
Genius
Jones is nothing like Forrest at all, other than being black and tall for that weight. Forrest had a great jab, solid right hand and left hook...plus he had a solid amateur career which Emanuel Steward gets hard ons from.
BrutalBodyShots
I don't think Forrest's knockdown of Mosley had as much to do with his punching power as it did Vernon's timing. Mosley was already groggy from a right hand that landed like 10 seconds earlier and he never saw the uppercut to the point of his chin that put him down. Forrest is a solid puncher no doubt, but not like a Hearns for example that shares a similar build.

About the Margarito stoppage and the eye issue. First of all I get that Margarito had 2 eye surgeries post-Pacquiao, but that eye looked permanently damaged to me. In the 24/7 episodes it looked like he had a glass/fake eyeball (the few times you saw it without the dark shades covering it). I'm surprised that the NYSAC cleared Margarito to fight to be honest. The same way that some judges "score blood" when it doesn't always tell the whole story, regardless of Margarito's eye being cleared by the tests it still LOOKED messed up going into the fight. So going into the fight of course the NYSAC (ring doctor included) are going to be very watchful of damage to it. Margarito had to know that; we all knew it. I don't suggest that Margarito should have been stopped any sooner than would have any other fighter on the planet because of a severely swollen eye (especially when fighting back and doing well at the time) but I do suggest that the writing was already on the wall before the bell ever sounded to start the fight. The last thing the NYSAC wants is a report of Margarito being blind in that eye or something following the Cotto fight. Shit for all we know he IS blind in that eye after the supposed 86 punches that Cotto landed on it. Shitty, anti-climactic ending to the fight? Absolutely. Completely understandable ending considering the circumstances and boxing politics? Absolutely as well.

wolterb
QUOTE (BrutalBodyShots @ Dec 6 2011, 07:00 PM) *
The last thing the NYSAC wants is a report of Margarito being blind in that eye or something following the Cotto fight. Shit for all we know he IS blind in that eye after the supposed 86 punches that Cotto landed on it. Shitty, anti-climactic ending to the fight? Absolutely. Completely understandable ending considering the circumstances and boxing politics? Absolutely as well.

I agree with that and i'd also bet if margarito isn't blind he's close to it. Like you said, his eyeball is physically damaged in a noticeable way...

as if the handwrap incident wasn't enough incentive to revoke margarito's license.
Allmenjoi8
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 6 2011, 07:14 PM) *
I agree with that and i'd also bet if margarito isn't blind he's close to it. Like you said, his eyeball is physically damaged in a noticeable way...

as if the handwrap incident wasn't enough incentive to revoke margarito's license.

Can he fight in Vegas?
sduck
QUOTE (Genius @ Dec 5 2011, 09:56 AM) *
Jones is nothing like Forrest at all, other than being black and tall for that weight. Forrest had a great jab, solid right hand and left hook...plus he had a solid amateur career which Emanuel Steward gets hard ons from.

They're styles seem similar to me though I think Forrest was better.

Well yeah, he's not a Hearns or Tyson type puncher, but he still was a pretty big puncher. Kellerman tried to say both hit good but not great... What the hell was he looking at? Clearly Forrest hits harder than Jones.
Cshel86
QUOTE (wolterb @ Dec 6 2011, 07:14 PM) *

Tell me about it! As much as I dont like Margarito, I have to admit, his eye situation is everybody elses fault. Reasons:
  1. He should've NEVER been able to step foot in the ring again, EVER.
  2. His trainer should've stopped the Pacquiao fight, even if it was against Toney's will.
  3. The ref (Lawrence Cole, I believe) should've used better judgement and stopped the fight waaaay earlier
  4. The ring doctors should've used better judgement when they checked his eye. I mean, Im not a doctor by any measure, but they should've noticed something that we didn't. Shit, if a mechanic drives your car while you're in it, they will notice things about your car, that you may not have given the time of day to think about.

I know Margarito is a man and he can make his own decisions, but for God's sake, he is a FIGHTER, and a Mexican fighter at that. He doesn't know how to quit. As he stated and proved...he's ready to go life and death in the ring...somebody is supposed to save him from his own stupidity. Isn't that the whole reason behind having a team? To look out for your best interest? That does include a fighter's health, by the way, but I guess money overshadows all of that.

QUOTE (Allmenjoi8 @ Dec 6 2011, 07:41 PM) *
Can he fight in Vegas?

What a question! Keep 'em coming! dry.gif

QUOTE (sduck @ Dec 6 2011, 08:33 PM) *
Kellerman tried to say both hit good but not great... What the hell was he looking at? Clearly Forrest hits harder than Jones.

Oh dont mind them, they were just a victim of their own "man-crush misshaps". Forgive them laugh.gif Forrest DOES hit harder than Jones, and he sure as hell knows how to turn his damn punches...something Mike Jones just cant seem to grasp.
wolterb
jesus, this is a good fight (watching the replay). margarito's punches STILL look clunky and ineffective and yet STILL are marking up cottos face
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.